Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 22:44   #31
BHPian

re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Strange times for the segment - On one hand Tata is going the DSG route for the Altroz while Maruti is ditching a silky smooth CVT in the previous gen to an AMT in the upgraded Baleno. VW too ditched the DSG for TC in the Polo to mate better with the new 1.0 engine.
Old 3rd March 2022, 00:32   #32

No mention of the UV-cut glass in top trims, starting from Alpha variant. Considering that only the Polo (now discontinued) gave UV-cut glass in this segment (maybe even a segment or two higher), this move should be appreciated, even though it should be normalized in a mostly humid country like ours.

It saves the time, cost and hassle required to apply a reliable sunfilm, which also must follow the regulations. I think the in-depth review of the new Baleno by Gagan Choudhary on YouTube is pretty reliable.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd March 2022 at 01:39. Reason: Clean up formatting (spacing).
youngknight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 03:42   #33
BHPian

55kgs increase in weight and 6 air bags included in the top end versions. I would prefer to see NCAP test results before even having to say Baleno has become safer. Certainly reinforcing a soft sponge car with extra safety from Maruti Side .Will it be good ? But anyways the car will sell because its a Maruti and people get peace of mind owning one. If safety isn't the concern definitely buy this car.
Sarinkrc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 07:57   #34
BHPian

A good review but feels a bit rushed and low on facts and figures. In any case, it is hands down clear that i20 is a more premium vehicle compared to the Baleno based on the review. If only the i20 came at a saner price!!! It is almost at prices of a different segment.
Coming back to the Baleno, the other reviews mentioned that turn by turn navigation would be coming to the HUD later on. Any info on that? Also can we have a comparison of the sound performance of the Arkamys system vis a vis the Altroz and i20 set up? And lastly, has the addition of 6 Airbags in the Alpha/Zeta variants eaten up headroom as compared to the previous version?
Carma2017 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Thanks for the review. But frankly, this is too short of a review. For an onlooker, this is is just a facelift but for the trained eyes, this is a major model change with changes not only to bumpers, grills and lights, but to most body panels, interiors, features, boot space etc.

Also, people here will be more interested in the sheet metal thickness and build, but no mention to that as well.
I second that.

There are lot of claims Maruti is doing officially and unofficially with this product and those needs to be reviewed deeply.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2022 at 09:01. Reason: Quoted post edited
Sachin V.W. is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 10:35   #36
BHPian

Here comes another top seller, only I believe this time its worth it. Contrary to popular opinion I hated old Baleno for its looks, how it drove, quality etc.

I had a chance to test drive it recently and it is really compelling product. Everything about it is good except AMT, though almost 95 to 97 percent of Baleno customers wouldn't mind for AMT as long as the car shift gears for them.

Maruti has super power to read its customer's mind and the best part is they do their homework and deliver more than customer wants. If Baleno and other new launches of maruti scores 4 stars and above, Maruti will be undisputed kind for another decade or so.

Overall it is very nice package and more modern too.
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:47   #37
BHPian

Wow, it's looking sharp! A very good refresh I must say and indeed due to competition Maruti have to provide lots of features (which I am sure, top management must think that we poor Indian do not deserve them!!); it's heartening to see features like HDU, 360 cameras reach to masses.

On a separate note, really do not like blank buttons on steering and missing steel sheet over fender lining, if it gets punctured (which it will be in long usage) lot of dirt and water will surely enter in Engine bay.
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Car looks great from the front, where it looks more substantial than the car it replaces. Wish Maruti had got the up coming 6 speed TC automatic than an AMT for this premium hatch. I think Maruti is very obsessed with fuel efficiency that it doesn't it to drop below 20 kmpl hence that dumb AMT.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:46   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Metal covering above the fender lining on both sides is missing - just like the older version. Damaged plastic fender lining can lead to ingress of water in the engine bay:
Has this been done to save weight? How much does this affect NVH?
MotuSid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 15:44   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Baleno continues its leadership position and is placed 4th in the Top Auto sales of Feb.. Figures could only grow in coming months.

Hyundai will be pruning its hatchback features and variants while Tata has announced bookings of its new variant of Altroz.

It will only show who will take the 2nd position as Baleno numbers could only increase.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 3393
Size:  20.5 KB

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd March 2022 at 15:50.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 18:35   #41
BHPian

Short and Crisp Review.

I visited Nexa showroom today to check out Baleno. Sales executive there was stressing more on the safety like 6 air bags and build of the car, I gues this is the first time Maruti sales team are stressing more on the safety aspects of the car. The boot was opened multiple times to compare with previous generation, the thud sound on the new model makes us believe it’s strong.

I was told that this is not a facelift and built from scratch on a new platform.

Could members clarify on the safety aspect and body strength of Baleno 2022.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd March 2022 at 21:55. Reason: small typo
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Enough said about Baleno I’m here to check if anyones got the song name “Tech Goes Bold” ad for Baleno? slightly / acutely OT!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

This is not a facelift. Even our review title is not correct.

Screenshot from official press release

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-screenshot_20220303214332__01.jpg

Rs. 1,150 Crores invested on this full model change
Dr.Naren is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngknight View Post
No mention of the UV-cut glass in top trims, starting from Alpha variant.
UV cut glass is provided in Alpha variant (right on top of feature list). But no mention of application zones. In previous Baleno UV cut glasses were given in both Zeta & Alpha variants but only on Front, Rear and Qtr glasses, not windshield.

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-uv-cut-glass.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotuSid View Post
Has this been done to save weight? How much does this affect NVH?
This too seems similar to previous Baleno. Though it was not highlighted in Official Review in 2015.

Name:  1552911.jpg
Views: 3388
Size:  105.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is not a facelift. Even our review title is not correct. Screenshot from official press release Rs. 1,150 Crores invested on this full model change
I too have same understanding. Quoting myself :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Given the level of changes reported, I am not sure if this can be termed as just 'facelift'. Though, as advertised, the platform remains same; yet multiple vehicles can be made on a platform and also, a platform can be used across generations.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 00:20   #45

Thankyou for this beautifully written review! Things are on point and nothing is exaggerated unnecessarily.How ever one thing I would like to mention is about the quality of the pictures taken. They were crisp and clear and the angles were good too. Baleno looked excellent in that specific color but the same car I hated when saw in white. Anyway Maruti is back on track and we can hope to see them soon with the all new Brezza thereby taking the crown back from the present King, Tata Nexon.

Most Viewed