Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 10:49   #151
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The engine bay looks crude and cluttered. Why can't they cover it up neatly? To save cost and to reduce the service time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Regarding engine cover, Maruti has surely removed it for cost cutting reasons. Apart from looks, the cover also protects the coil pack beneath and prevents water ingress in spark plug wells whenever engine bay is sprayed. Specially the K15 engine has this issue.
The engine cover definitely adds sophistication to the looks department and provides protection as @Leoshashi has mentioned. Leaving aside the functional part, I guess engine cover is one such part that wouldn't matter to many. Simple because a vast majority of people, barring enthusiasts, never open the hood of their vehicle(s) even once in their lifetime.
Emvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 11:14   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
I guess engine cover is one such part that wouldn't matter to many. Simple because a vast majority of people, barring enthusiasts, never open the hood of their vehicle(s) even once in their lifetime.
May be correct if the car runs without issues. But if there is an issue, most people will do that. (Watch this movie clip - language is Malayalam - from 6:25 to 6:55. Sorry for the crude translation below.)

Wife: Oh you know how to repair the car!?
Husband: No way! If the car is broken, we open the bonnet and watch things! Why should we know all things!?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th April 2022 at 11:38.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 11:29   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
-The gap between top part of Headunit and IRVM is a touch too less for my liking, may become a blindspot for some.
Thanks for the crisp review Shashi. Your observation is bang on, even in my older Baleno, I have always felt that the IRVM is at the eye-level and has its own blind spot which is very irritating. Not happy to know that gap between top of headunit and irvm is now even lesser accentuating it further.

Also one good thing about the older baleno was the K12B engine and it was one of my guilty pleasures to redline it once in a while But seems it will not be as much fun in the new Baleno.
puneetakhouri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 12:57   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

C series engines of maruti have lost whatever little life the B series had.

I am saying this from my experience of driving the K10B (previous celerio) and current K10C (new celerio). K10C feels dull on the highway in comparison to the K10B.

Looks like the same has been carried out with the K12C.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 13th April 2022 at 12:58.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 22:41   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Dear members/ owners,

Do you get to service your Balenos (or Ignis/Ciaz) in a Nexa service center or is it at the regular service centers along with other Arena cars?

To put it more clearly, is the Nexa experience only for new car purchase or for A.S.S. as well.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I prefer the NEXA experience. They service any cars from the NEXA stable. I bought the CIAZ pre-NEXA but I service it in NEXA since they started.
NEXA service stations can service good old Maruti 800 also. Entirely depends on your preference. For example, I get my XL6 serviced at an Arena workshop since I find the employees there amicable, and the labour charges at Arena Dealer workshops are a good 20-25% lower than NEXA service. To me, ambience doesn't matter since I prefer to hang around my car. As long as quality of work done is good, I won't mind saving that 25% labour charge.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 21:52   #156
BHPian

Arghh... They just hiked they price of the Alpha AMT from 9.49 to 9.71.

I don't think there's any price protection for booked cars.
Old 19th April 2022, 11:50   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The 20 percents have a long wait. As informed by the sales representative I am talking with, the wait period for AGS/AMT versions are now extended to 3 months wait. He is hoping that since we booked it pre-launch, the allotted car "might" get "dispatched" by end of this month.
You are right. I just went yesterday to the Nexa showroom on Sarjapur Road and the sales guy said that the AGS/AMT would take atleast 3 months for delivery.
Since I am just back from abroad and wanted a auto Baleno (i had fixed that it would be a Baleno, I shortlisted a preloved one at Mahindra First Choice . More on that later.
Krish
emmenhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 10:21   #158
BHPian

Dear All Baleno Fans,

So the prices are hiked for all Maruti Suzuki cars including the Baleno. The prices of the Baleno have gone up from 14000-22000 and the folks who booked are not getting any price protection and will have to pay the higher price at the time of getting the car.

It seems for now the models of Glanza are cheaper than the models of the Baleno.

The Alpha Baleno is now going to cost over 10.5 Lakh.For this kind of money one can get a Nissan Magnite XV CVT or the Tata Altroz DCT, some models of Tata Nexon etc.

Is the Baleno still going to be a hit, only time will tell.

I was looking for a Baleno Zeta Blue for my wife and daughter if I could get immediate delivery. A Nexa dealer promised me a Zeta Blue, took the booking amount but refunded it the same day saying the car is not available.

I am not going to wait after booking, if I get a good deal with immediate delivery somewhere between the new and old price I will go for the Baleno or else I will explore other options.

Styler.
Styler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:04   #159
BHPian

Dear All,

I TD the new Baleno AGS alpha last Sunday. Trust me, it din't feel like I was driving an AMT (My current car is Dzire ZDI AMT). IT feels as if MSIL has really worked hard on the new Baleno to bring it up to the current level.

I have a question to my fellow experienced bhpians here:

Does IR cut windshield and UV cut glasses only help in heat management inside the car or does it also help with NVH levels? There was literally no sound inside the car and I am only assuming that it might be due to the NEW glass.

Overall a very good package considering 6 airbags, well sorted ride quality and a much better music system (in fact I liked it better then the BOSE in Carens, no offenses to any Carens owner).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Achint
achintatri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 13:29   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Dear All Baleno Fans,

The Alpha Baleno is now going to cost over 10.5 Lakh.For this kind of money one can get a Nissan Magnite XV CVT or the Tata Altroz DCT, some models of Tata Nexon etc.

Is the Baleno still going to be a hit, only time will tell.

I am not going to wait after booking, if I get a good deal with immediate delivery somewhere between the new and old price I will go for the Baleno or else I will explore other options.

Styler.
Hi Styler
I was or still am in the same boat, and went ahead and booked the Glanza V AMT for my sister.
Checked out all possible options in that price range.
The Kiger and Magnite just don't feel like I have spent 1.2 million rupees, the interiors are just too poor, cost-cutting evident, my 5-year-old Grand i10 feels premium.
The Altoz was finalized, even before a test drive, the interiors are plush and feature-loaded, but the ride is poor, the DCT should have been on the turbo petrol, but alas.

Glanza/Baleno felt like the best option, now the waiting time for delivery begins.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 14:17   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Does IR cut windshield and UV cut glasses only help in heat management inside the car or does it also help with NVH levels? There was literally no sound inside the car and I am only assuming that it might be due to the NEW glass.
It's heat management only. It's a wonderful package for people who can wait for sometime.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 00:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the vlt of the baleno uv cut glasses?
Old 21st April 2022, 08:06   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Dear All,

I TD the new Baleno AGS alpha last Sunday. Trust me, it din't feel like I was driving an AMT (My current car is Dzire ZDI AMT).

Best Regards,
Achint
I second that. I had a 2018 Swift AMT, and the gear shifts in new Baleno AGS have improved. The gear shift are now less prominent while shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Beyond that, the shifts are not very noticeable and you will only feel the shifts if you are keenly looking for them.

The build quality improvements were not evident to me at least. Baleno should get crash tested for a quantifiable safety improvement.

The suspension is on the softer side, which is very good for a city like bangalore.

The waiting period for AGS is a bummer. There has already been one price hike, there might be more in the next 3 months. This is a concern.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 17:28   #164
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Dear All Baleno Fans,

It seems for now the models of Glanza are cheaper than the models of the Baleno.

Styler.
Hello Styler,
I am in the exact position, was interested in the Blue Zeta for my wife and daughter, but then came the stinker a few days back with price rise.

I think answers to the following two Qns can help someone /me decide well.

- Does Glanza make more sense, since it is now priced similar to Baleno and offers a better warranty if I am not wrong?
- Is the avg svc cost more than that of Baleno?

Only thing is my place has only one Toyota dealer.
Old 21st April 2022, 17:40   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Hello Styler,
I am in the exact position, was interested in the Blue Zeta for my wife and daughter, but then came the stinker a few days back with price rise.

I think answers to the following two Qns can help someone /me decide well.

- Does Glanza make more sense, since it is now priced similar to Baleno and offers a better warranty if I am not wrong?
- Is the avg svc cost more than that of Baleno?

Only thing is my place has only one Toyota dealer.
I think it's a matter of time before Toyota jokes the Glanza prices.. Chances are if you book it now by the time it's delivered prices are likely to have been revised...

If things don't go as anticipated Glanza is certainly a better deal right now with the additional warranty.

SVC cost I believe is definitely higher than that of Baleno. I read someplace even pricing of the same components is higher at Toyota.

Personally none of that would matter to me if I liked the looks of Glanza. I can't choose it over the Baleno as I find the Glanza's front a tad boring and those two horns on the bumper are just abhorring.
Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks