Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2022, 20:54   #196
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Kudos on your new car! What mileage have you been getting?
And what should I expect in the initial period?
Thanks!
In Guwahati, my home city, lots of construction activity and traffic bottleneck due to improper planning makes it difficult to drive beyond the first gear. In such a scenerio, mileage dips to 9.63 kmpl, typical chaotic city driving > 13.45 kmpl, hilly highway downhill> 27.62 kmpl, uphill> 17.65 kmpl and normal(level) highway> 24.51 kmpl(93 kmph max speed) as per Suzuki connect app. These are all initial data up to 649 km odometer reading. And I am quite pleased.
Fastdriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 21:30   #197
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
Thanks!
normal(level) highway> 24.51 kmpl(93 kmph max speed)
Sound music to my ears, the purpose is to get a bare minimum cost mileage machine
Old 19th May 2022, 04:32   #198
BHPian

Yes, it is a mile munching machine, the economic way!
Fastdriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 14:52   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
Finally, the car was delivered to me on 03/05/22, Alpha, Nexa Blue(celestial). Nexa experience has been quite good except availability of accessories.They have said that shortage of accessories are in Gurgaon (Gurugram). But it seems that the staff is not familiar with the types of accessories.
Even in Chd they didn't have some basic accessories as they said the same thing - shortage. I couldn't even find the side moulding BLACK in stock or the carbon fibre ORVM covers.

All these show on nexa's website and you can actually shop for them there but it was too much of a hassle so I thought I'd just wait for it to show at the dealers.
Old 27th May 2022, 15:36   #200
BHPian

I am in the market for a petrol automatic and my heart says Baleno. I am impressed with its looks and features and its highly refined engine and stellar fuel economy. I can live with the less than perfect shifting of an AMT gearbox but the thing nagging me is its long term reliability. I have read about issues in online forums but don't have an idea of what percentage of cars sold are facing these. Maruti must be selling them by the truckloads and is there a silent trouble free majority out there?

Another thing bugging me is the lack of a "park" function. It will always be a nagging worry to park in neutral with just the handbrake holding it back from rolling, especially outside my regular apartment parking slot. And I read earlier in this forum that turning off the car while in gear somehow is not the equivalent of parking a manual car in gear and is not preventing it from rolling, which is surprising and worrying.

Can anyone confirm this please? I always thought AMTs are manual gearboxes with an add on brain and turning it off while in gear mechanically "locks" the gearbox in that gear.
achats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 23:17   #201
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
I have read about issues in online forums but don't have an idea of what percentage of cars sold are facing these. Maruti must be selling them by the truckloads and is there a silent trouble free majority out there?
I have booked the Baleno just for the reliability factor!
My Ciaz was our first Maruti car amongst the Fords and Skoda we had!
Ciaz has done more kms than the rest of them combined!(1.4lakh km) and the cost has been minimal, only front disc brakes changed once.

And the cost is so low-
My figo once had it AC blower busted, decided to get a 2nd hand blower which set me back around Rs.3200 instead of 5.5k for a new one.

My Ciaz's blower started to feel a bit worn as it was making more than usual 'noise'.

I showed it on my recent visit for service, the guy said and I quote
"Abhi toh koi khaas dikkat nhi ayegi, it will work, naya loge toh mehenga padega"(It is fine, new will be costly) and I anyway asked him the cost, he said
"Rs.1200"
Oh boy! Was I happy XD

My figo has shown a error in it's PCM sensor which I was quoted Rs.55,000 for a new one.
Hence, decided to replace it with a Baleno!
KI07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 07:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Are there anyone in this thread who got alpha ags in Mumbai? I had booked in February mid and the dealer- NEXA KTS Bhandup is clueless and says any date could be given only June first week…. Even the test drive ags alpha car I drove was having dead display and wasn’t registered… could anyone
please update their ags booking and delivery timelines?
I had pre booked with my car Vile Parle and got the car in the first lot of dispatches. Mine is Alpha AGS.

You might want to check with other dealers on availability.
Old 28th May 2022, 15:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I have booked the Baleno just for the reliability factor!
My only concern is on the long term reliability of AMT. If I am in the market for a manual, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:46   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I had pre booked with my car Vile Parle and got the car in the first lot of dispatches. Mine is Alpha ags
Thank you for your info.
Could you please inform which month you booked and when you got the delivery?
Also did you face any issues with the amt unit so far?
Or any other teething issues?
How many kms have you driven so far?
How is the your impression of the steering response, braking, overtaking prowess etc?
Any electrical/ display unit issues so far? Please share your experiences for the benefit of those eagerly waiting for the car

Today I got an opportunity to visit the dealer- NEXA KTS Bhandup. The GM told me that -
“the initial units of Baleno ags has reported Bosch amt actuator or controller failures because of which Maruti has silently replaced the defective units. Hence after replacing this particular defective piece now only Maruti has resumed despatch of ags cars from factory. This month around 500 units have been despatched. Full despatch will start from June onwards and I can expect the delivery by June mid( I had booked on Feb last week).”
Don’t know the truth in his above statements. If other bhp ians could throw light whether anyone received post launch ordered units recently, then it would be of great help.

Cheers

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th May 2022 at 16:33. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 29th May 2022, 13:52   #205
BHPian

To my utter dismay I realised yst that the new Baleno does not have the intermittent wipers control. I couldn't believe it when I tried slowing down the wiper interval and couldn't find that rotating ring on the wiper control arm on Alpha.

How can they take this away?
Old 30th May 2022, 22:57   #206
BHPian

Replying inline below

Thank you for your info.
Could you please inform which month you booked and when you got the delivery?
Booked pre launch and got in April

Also did you face any issues with the amt unit so far?
Or any other teething issues?
None at all apart from the AGS being boring

How many kms have you driven so far?

How is the your impression of the steering response, braking, overtaking prowess etc?
Apart from the boring AGS, the car is very good. In manual mode it's a nice fun car

Any electrical/ display unit issues so far? Please share your experiences for the benefit of those eagerly waiting for the car
No, none whatsoever
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 09:10   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Replying inline below
Thank you for sharing your first hand experience.

I am on the look out of a new automatic with budget around 11 lakhs. I’ve been driving manual cars for the past 20 years and for the first time recently test drove an AMT (new Baleno AGS/AMT) and CVT (Jazz). Frankly I didn’t feel much difference between the two, means I can live with new Baleno AGS/AMT. The rubber band effect of Jazz CVT was evident on the uphill of a flyover while trying to revv hard. Being used to driving a Tata vista Quadrajet diesel with abundant torque at minimal rpm, the need to revv up the petrol engines of both Maruti and Honda was the major difference, I felt.

I’ll be using the Baleno in Mumbai city more than 90% of the time and the much better mileage compared to Jazz was the added advantage. Jazz also is now dated and may be phased out soon. So shortlisted new Baleno for its added safety and features on offer.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st May 2022 at 09:29. Reason: Missing capitalizations
Arun Babu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 15:34   #208
BHPian

As few in this forum following this thread might have noticed, I had booked the Baleno 2022 Alpha pre launch but due to the immense delay of the delivery, we moved to the Renault Kiger 2022. Meanwhile, I had already ordered a TPH Pilot 777 cover for it and which is unopened and lying out here with me. If anyone in Bangalore wants it, I am willing to give it at quite a good price.

https://www.tphcovers.com/products/c...022/index.html

It's priced at 14499/- (13,247/- after discount) on their website. Open to 50% discount Home delivered anywhere in Bangalore. I can vouch for their quality. My car and bike are covered by similar products from TPH.

PM if interested.

Mods : Please feel free to delete if it does not fit the thread.
Old 31st May 2022, 17:14   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the boring AGS, the car is very good. In manual mode it's a nice fun car
Would you agree with me that the lag in manual shifting on the AGS is noticeably less than when shifts are automated?
Also less jerky if manually shifted.
Old 31st May 2022, 22:33   #210
BHPian

I was told that the car is being delivered without a user manual. Not even a straight pdf file, to the best of my understanding. Is this true ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks