Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 10:36   #271
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vater View Post
So I had decided on picking up the new Baleno Alpha MT (Celestial Blue). I even gave the booking amount but now I'm having second guesses for the following reasons:

-
Speaking strictly for your engine and performance concerns-

Baleno will always be a city car, it does not have enough punch to pull, good for efficiency and is not stable beyond 100 according to my comparison with my Ciaz!

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2022 at 20:10. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2022, 10:38   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras92003 View Post
Hello people,

Whether that Creat from 2017 would be a better choice or new age Baleno AGS.
I'd vote for the Creta if it's the only car in your garage.
If it's for city runs, get the baleno.
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:45   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I'd vote for the Creta if it's the only car in your garage.
If it's for city runs, get the baleno.
It will be the only car. Thanks for your response.
Old 17th July 2022, 11:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:

It was down to Red and Grey,

Red was solely rejected as we were exchanging our old figo which was already red, hence a change was preferred and we got grey.
Thanks a lot for your observations. I already have a Nexa blue Baleno, getting the new one but have doubts about color. Have you seen red one? I am leaning towards it based on whatever I have seen online. Hope that's not very garish or flashy red?
Old 17th July 2022, 11:28   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras92003 View Post
Thanks a lot for your observations. I already have a Nexa blue Baleno, getting the new one but have doubts about color. Have you seen red one? I am leaning towards it based on whatever I have seen online. Hope that's not very garish or flashy red?
The red is a tad bit brighter shade of what used to come in the Ford endeavor.

Also, how has your baleno's blue held up with the pace of time?
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 12:37   #276
BHPian

Can someone confirm the exact ground clearance of the 2022 Baleno? The showroom staff said that it is 170 mm. However the owner's manual states 150 mm. There is no mention of it on the Nexa website as well as the brochure. The 2015 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review) states 170 mm. Hence confused.

Owner's Manual

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-baleno-gc.jpg

Nexa Website

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-baleno-specs.jpg
Old 17th July 2022, 13:24   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I adore the looks of the i20, but my main reason to avoid Hyundai was their mileage in petrol engines, from what I have witnessed till date-

Hyundai makes brilliant diesel engines but pathetic petrol ones.
I echo your views, regarding Hyundai's petrol engines not being fuel efficient. Also their power ratings are somewhat deceptive. Remember driving approx 92 BHP Accent years back and it never felt like having the quoted power. Still feel that the Santro is their best vehicle till date in terms of drivability, fuel efficiency and pricing (even build quality was decent)

But Hyundai's petrol engines are amongst the best in refinement and NVH levels are almost always low even without any under bonnet cladding.

Regarding the new Baleno versus new i20 - an interesting thing has happened. Maruti has added some structural reinforcements in the Baleno, thereby increasing its weight by around 65 kgs. This increase in weight will definitely penalize fuel efficiency. Maruti's petrol engines are no doubt fuel efficient, but low vehicle weight had a significant role to play in giving higher mileage.

On the other hand, Hyundai has reduced the weight of the i20 (by around 80 kgs) to most probably help increase fuel economy. Hopefully they haven't compromised on the safety front, and used more high strength steel.

So it will be interesting to see how much the gap has reduced. I feel the Baleno will still be more fuel efficient, but by not by as wide a margin as earlier. Even though ARAI figures don't give the true picture, in real driving conditions Maruti's petrol engines prove to be more fuel efficient.
Old 17th July 2022, 13:37   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Can someone confirm the exact ground clearance of the 2022 Baleno? The showroom staff said that it is 170 mm. However the owner's manual states 150 mm. There is no mention of it on the Nexa website as well as the brochure. The 2015 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review) states 170 mm. Hence confused.
This is most probably the laden weight (meaning with 5 passengers and fuel) as per the new measuring criteria set by govt. Unladen GC will most probably be around 170 mm only.

Don't worry, I've test driven and seen the new Baleno in person, ground clearance is quite good - in fact i thought if it sat a bit lower it would look better. Though admittedly, higher GC makes more sense in Indian driving conditions.
jessie007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 13:45   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post

Regarding the new Baleno versus new i20 - an interesting thing has happened. Maruti has added some structural reinforcements in the Baleno, thereby increasing its weight by around 65 kgs. This increase in weight will definitely penalize fuel efficiency. Maruti's petrol engines are no doubt fuel efficient, but low vehicle weight had a significant role to play in giving higher mileage.

On the other hand, Hyundai has reduced the weight of the i20 (by around 80 kgs) to most probably help increase fuel economy. Hopefully they haven't compromised on the safety front, and used more high strength steel.
My friend has a 1st gen Creta petrol automatic, that gives him around 6.5kmpl,

My baleno gives me 16kmpl dot even though it's in it's running period.
Old 17th July 2022, 13:58   #280
BHPian

Quote:
My friend has a 1st gen Creta petrol automatic, that gives him around 6.5kmpl,

My baleno gives me 16kmpl dot even though it's in it's running period.
Point taken and i agree Maruti's petrol engines are indeed fuel efficient. But your comparison seems unfair on atleast two counts:

1) You are comparing a heavier SUV with a sub 4m hatchback

2) Automatic SUV versus a hatchback with manual gearbox.
Old 17th July 2022, 14:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
This is most probably the laden weight.
Thanks for the clarification. I had taken the delivery of my Baleno Alpha manual transmission variant on 30th June 2022. Did not have any issues with bad roads till now. Got confused today when I was going through the owner's manual.

I recollect now that when I had taken test drives of the Swift and Dezire, they appeared with lesser ground clearance than the Baleno. I think their unladen ground clearance is 163 mm.
Old 19th July 2022, 00:15   #282
BHPian

What waiting periods have been quoted to you guys who have booked the Baleno?

We booked in mid-May and were quoted a waiting of 6 to 8 weeks, and now that 8 weeks have passed, we have gotten a message that our car is delayed, as there was some damage. The SA is not clear on what the issue was.

We booked a Zeta AMT in Celestial Blue Shade.
Old 19th July 2022, 06:10   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
What waiting periods have been quoted to you guys who have booked the Baleno?
In Hyderabad, the waiting periods being quoted are 2 weeks for MT and 3 months for AMT.

I got the delivery of our Alpha MT in less than 2 weeks. Booked on 27th June 2022. Delivered on 30th June 2022.

MT cars for colours like red, grey, beige and silver seem to be in stock and are delivered fast whereas AMT ones have a long waiting period.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 08:30   #284

Hi

I have joined Team BHP recently. I have been into cars and biks for many years, but was never part of any group. But, Team BHP is best place to be.

I have owned, Maruti 800, Omni, Balero, Ford Endeavor old model and Innova. Still have an old Alto from 2009.
All cars owned were bought for practical reasons. Which has to suit family and work.
Currently driving Baleno 2022 Alpha AGS since April.
It is a good car and stable on highways as well. It has done nearly 6000 Kms. Baleno 2022 is not a peppy car, it is well balanced for city and highway driving. I did a Bangalore to Pune and return drive. It performed very well.
Pros:
1. Space
2. New Features
3. Good AC
4. Cruise control does a good job
5. Good Average - Highway 22 to 25 Kmpl. City- 15-16
6. Good Pickup as well.
7. HUD - good to use on highways.
8. Stable at 120+ kmph
9. Perfect for Bengaluru Traffic.

Cons:
1. Average music system
2. Below the hood, cables are visible everywhere- feast for rats.
3. Steering Wheel - room for improvement
4. Apollo Tyres - are noisy.

It is a good package for the price.

Thank you
Ram35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 00:45   #285
BHPian

Quote:
The red is a tad bit brighter shade of what used to come in the Ford endeavor.

Also, how has your baleno's blue held up with the pace of time?
I have to admit the shade has diminished a bit. It could be because I park in open. Nonetheless the difference is quite clear. For 4 years of age, i think it's acceptable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks