Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 04:37   #286
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

I was really considering buying the 2022 Baleno Automatic, but when i found out that they had replaced the CVT with an AMT, I gave up on it and went looking for other options. Seriously, CVT to AMT, what a downgrade!
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 10:57   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
What waiting periods have been quoted to you guys who have booked the Baleno?.
I’ve booked my alpha ags in Feb third week and the car reached dealership after 17 weeks. I’m from Mumbai.

I’ve got a question for ags owners.
Has anyone got a flashing red alert from the right side of the dashboard in auto mode in chock- a-block traffic? I have to drive in extremely heavy traffic which takes around 1.5 hours to cover 12-13 kms here in Mumbai with the heavy rains and metro works in progress. Last day I was held up in such a scenario where almost half an hour was in dead block. Thee we n I had to take a detour where I had to climb a small uphill again with bumper to bumper traffic. Suddenly this red light started flashing with an audio beep alert. I couldn’t exactly see the alarm signal but had no place to park and had to drive with that for 300-400 metres before stopping. After a halt of 10 minutes there was no further alarms. I presume it is amt overheating alarm. Any suggestions are welcome.
Now when there is such a dead block in traffic, I’m shifting from D to N or putting the gear in manual mode.
I’ve so far run only 160 kms and plan to discuss with my service advisor about this issue.

Cheers.
Arun Babu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 13:24   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post

Has anyone got a flashing red alert from the right side of the dashboard in auto mode in chock- a-block traffic?
Never seen that but then I've never been in that choc o block traffic either. In any case of I'm on a traffic light for more 30 seconds I shift to N mode. I think it's good for automatics to shift to N or P for extended stop times. Also it will be a good idea to see which light popped up... What was the symbol. Will leave out speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
I was really considering buying the 2022 Baleno Automatic, but when i found out that they had replaced the CVT with an AMT, I gave up on it and went looking for other options. Seriously, CVT to AMT, what a downgrade!
Downgrade it is but not as much as most people would think. I would still suggest go for a test drive before rejecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Speaking strictly for your engine and performance concers-
Baleno will always be a city car, it's not punch enough to pull, good for efficiency and not stable beyond 100 according to my comparison with my Ciaz!
Today was in a mood for some spirited driving in my AGS Baleno add not was I terribly disappointed.

Pushing this past the 100-110 mark will take a long deserted road. The engine is dead around the 80-100 mark. I have taken my Swift DDIS easily to 140+ where the Baleno Petrol is struggling to go past 120 mark.

The thrust the diesel turbo spooling offers is addictive. This Baleno petrol engine will easily pour cold water on all enthusiastic drivers and they should stay away from this one.

Like you said this is strictly for sedate city driving.

Mod Note:
1. Trimmed quoted post.
2. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.....like.....this.
Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th July 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:44   #289
BHPian

Quote:
This one time i was trying to reverse up a slope to park with 4 healthy adults onboard. There was a small rock(smooth and harmless hump) which i needed to drive over and the car refused to budge momentarily before it finally pulled itself up. Did not notice any lights on the dashboard but my suzuki connect app threw up a warning like "disengaged to prevent gearbox overheat" or something similar. Your case sounds similar.

Last edited by mi2n : 25th July 2022 at 10:48.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 20:28   #290
BHPian

Guys-Just wondering if it's possible to make Android Auto connect wirelessly in the Baleno Alpha?
Like with a dongle or something.
The repeated wired connection is going to loosen my phone's USB.
Old 31st July 2022, 09:44   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Guys-Just wondering if it's possible to make Android Auto connect wirelessly in the Baleno Alpha?
Like with a dongle or something.
The repeated wired connection is going to loosen my phone's USB.
Hi, if you have already download the user’s manual, please go to page number 697 of 721 in the pdf where wireless android auto connectivity is mentioned.
Hope it helps.

Quote:
Never seen that but then I've never been in that choc o block traffic either. In any case of I'm on a traffic light for more 30 seconds I shift to N mode. I think it's good for automatics to shift to N or P for extended stop times. Also it will be a good idea to see which light popped up... What was the symbol. Will leave out
Thank you.
Hi, the warning light was transmission warning light in flashing orange and it occurred possibly due to me panick revving the car in a gradient with bumper to bumper traffic and with the autorickshaw in front of me breaking down.
Had the first service done yesterday and confirmed with the service advisor. Other than fluid top-ups nothing in particular was done during the first service.
Since Maruti is calculating from the invoicing date and not from RTO registration and subsequent delivery,the vehicle was hardly with me for 15 days and had run only 240 kms before the first service due date was showing in the Suzuki Rewards app. I didn’t want to miss on the due date in fear of any warranty issues in future and took the vehicle in time for the service.
Arun Babu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 16:38   #292

Hi, I bought Baleno Zeta AGS last month but my dealer has not been able to provide me with the user manual for it, neither they know that its available through the rewards app. It's my first car and I want to know as much about it as I can.
So can anyone please share with me the manual at amitbisht728@gmail.com ?
Old 1st August 2022, 17:39   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Terrible decision to move from a CVT to AMT. Why would Maruti do that for their premium hatchback? Especially since all the competitors come with proper ATs. The CVT was definitely a plus point for the Baleno and I think it is a bad decision to move to an AMT. Buyers in this segment would definitely have a preference in the type of transmission.
Bad very bad decision to move away from CVT.. Now, nothing (not even HUD, 360 degree camera, renewed exteriors/interiors etc.) feels premium about this hatchback.. I drove a Baleno CVT for 3 years and I know how smooth the engine felt across all kinds/terrains of roads.. I am least bothered about open roads or when you need to overtake, CVT it did well all the times lest a few occasions.

If given an opportunity, some of us should write and talk to decision makers at Maruti Suzuki India to bring back CVT at maybe previous model prices, which will still have many takers.. I am sorry I am trying to gather responses from you all and screaming at MSIL to consider a CVT version.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 19:05. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
vinikr2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:49   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, if you have already download the user’s manual, please go to page number 697 of 721 in the pdf where wireless android auto connectivity is mentioned.
Hope it helps.
This is what what user manual says.

Now look at the message that the screen shows when you select connect on the screen. It does not show the option of Android Auto as it's not detecting the phone for Android auto wirelessly.
So wirelessly you can only stream music through your phone and make and receive phone calls.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-screenshot_20220801184532.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img_20220801_173752.jpg  

Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:45   #295
BHPian

Quote:
It does not show the option of Android Auto as it's not detecting the phone for Android auto wirelessly.
Even I am not able to see this option. I was searching YouTube about this and came across the below video. Although the video shows a wired connection, someone asked about the wireless option in the comments. The reply was that it will work with Android 11+. My phone has Android 10. What version is yours?

Old 1st August 2022, 20:08   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Even I am not able to see this option. I was searching YouTube about this and came across the below video. Although the video shows a wired connection, someone asked about the wireless option in the comments. The reply was that it will work with Android 11+. My phone has Android 10. What version is yours?
Mine is also Android 10 but can upgrade to 11 if I'm sure that it will work. A YouTube comment is not really reliable. If anyone here with Android 11 has been able to connect successfully wirelessly, please chime in...thx
Old 8th August 2022, 22:28   #297
BHPian

Quote:
A YouTube comment is not really reliable.
True. Our other phone has Android 11 but it also does not connect with the wireless option. I could see wireless Android Auto option on both Android 10 and 11 but the car's infotainment system should support it. Wishing that Suzuki provide an update to the software soon.

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20220808_222058.jpg

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-20220808_222142.jpg
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 18:40   #298
BHPian

Could someone please provide me the exact RPM the engine does at 80 and at 100 in 5th gear.

I am planning to book one and i would appreciate any info on FE to expect on regular Long drives.

I am looking for the new Dual jet motor performance on Highway.

Thanks!
Old 12th August 2022, 06:54   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
On a recent ride to Food Pyramid on the Hyderabad - Bangalore highway, I got a milage of 24.5 kmpl in my MT Baleno. This was with my car having done just 1200 kms on the odometer. It all depends on how you drive. A sedate drive can give you more mileage as well.

Do not recollect the RPM at 100 kmph but it was within 3000. Will check during my next drive and update.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 15:59   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Could someone please provide me the exact RPM the engine does at 80 and at 100 in 5th gear.

I am planning to book one and i would appreciate any info on FE to expect on regular Long drives.

Thanks!
At 80 kmph, its about 2000 rpm which I noticed during TD. Could not touch 100 as engine is now lazy in its new avatar.
abhi_krao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks