Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 14:29   #376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthuHyd View Post
Do we have a way to stop the radio from blaring off once we hit the start button?
Just select DRM in the radio channel selection list and you are good to go.

Last edited by JitendraW : 15th November 2022 at 14:30.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:12   #377
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
What can you coat interiors with?
There are coatings available that have resins to prevent stains, jeans transfers etc.
If you are confident of doing it your self then a product like this can help https://amzn.to/3X47DXV
Else enquire with the detailer near you.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 11:15   #378
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

How is the equalisation charge triggered?

Does it happen only when slow charged from a certain level of charge? Or just using a slow charger from a higher level like 95% would also do?
AutoEnthuHyd is offline  
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:38   #379
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Hyderabad City
Posts: 10
Thanked: 9 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Hello Everyone, I had booked an MG ZS in June 2022. Then booked an Atto 3 before the launch. The Atto 3's pricing is a little out of my budget. I Had booked a black car. The MG guys had offered a silver car last month which I refused. This month they offered a black car. But now they were pushing me to take a white car. I finally settled for red with no guarantee when they will give it. I sold my EcoSport diesel and will be stranded without any vehicle by end of this week. I wanted advice on a few things:
  • The MG people are asking me to take the insurance from them. They did not explicitly say that we cannot take it from outside, but they will delay the vehicle if we don't. How did anyone of you convince the dealer about insurance?
  • I am getting a good discount of one lakh plus on Kona. Do u people think that's worth considering?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2022 at 05:06. Reason: Spellings
praveen4839 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:49   #380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
  • The MG people are asking me to take the insurance from them. They did not explicitly say we cannot take from outside but they will delay the vehicle if we don't. How did anyone of you convince the dealer on insurance?
  • I am getting good discount of one lakh plus on Kona do u people think that's worth considering?
I got the insurance done from outside at about 30K less than dealer's quote. Dealer did not try to force insurance on me as I had already escalated some of their sales' issues with upper management.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 21:27   #381
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
How did anyone of you convince the dealer on insurance?[*]I am getting good discount of one lakh plus on Kona do u people think that's worth considering?[/list]
I did not have to convince the dealer. I just mentioned that their insurance is almost 40K more than what is being offered by Acko for the same coverage. They did not have a problem with it. Just needed it to be done before they sent the vehicle to the RTO for registration.

Kona is a different car. Test drive it and see if you like it. The specs are different, but that's mostly for paper comparison. Once you drive a car and if you like it, the specs don't matter.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:19   #382
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Hyderabad City
Posts: 10
Thanked: 9 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
I did not have to convince the dealer. I just mentioned that their insurance is almost 40K more than what is being offered by Acko for the same coverage. They did not have a problem with it. Just needed it to be done before they sent the vehicle to the RTO for registration.

Kona is a different car. Test drive it and see if you like it. The specs are different, but that's mostly for paper comparison. Once you drive a car and if you like it, the specs don't matter.
The Dealer is subtle in informing that they have arranged for the car and we have take the insurance from them. I am pretty sure they will delay the vehicle if I don't buy the insurance. I have already sold my car outside in which they could not make money!


I did test drive it and liked it but I am worried about after sales and the resale value of car in case i want to sell in the next few years.
praveen4839 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:34   #383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
The Dealer is subtle in informing that they have arranged for the car and we have take the insurance from them. I am pretty sure they will delay the vehicle if I don't buy the insurance.
I would suggest you don't talk about insurance with dealer as of now and let him allocate you the vehicle and share the VIN in written. Insist on doing PDI before making any further payments. Negotiate about the insurance after you are done with PDI. Make sure all the communication is in writing so that if the dealer backtracks, you can escalate this to MG.
JitendraW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:42   #384
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
I would suggest you don't talk about insurance with dealer as of now and let him allocate you the vehicle and share the VIN in written. Insist on doing PDI before making any further payments. Negotiate about the insurance after you are done with PDI. Make sure all the communication is in writing so that if the dealer backtracks, you can escalate this to MG.
Yep!. This is the right way to go about it. Note the communication needs to be in writing. Also verify the VIN number when you do the PDI.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 17:09   #385
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: T1
Posts: 77
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post

This is my biggest gripe with this car. When we receive or make calls over Android Auto or bluetooth sometimes the call volume is incredibly low and almost inaudible.
I am facing this issue fairly regularly now. The annoying thing is that the volume is low (almost inaudible) only for incoming calls. If i disconnect and call back, the volume is as expected.

Anyone facing similar issue? Any suggestions?
NT56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:50   #386
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 855
Thanked: 432 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

My 2022 ZS Ev had gone for 1st service last week. At the time of purchase I had paid Rs 7000 for 3 year service pack which includes greasing. I was still billed Rs 531 for greasing. When I asked they said this is different type of grease for battery terminal and sunroof which is not included in the service pack. Any of you who have taken the classic service pack did you also have to pay Rs 531 at 1st service. Please advice.
Attached Images
 
dockap is offline  
Old 28th November 2022, 12:18   #387
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Any of you who have taken the classic service pack did you also have to pay Rs 531 at 1st service. Please advice.
I have done two servicings till date and haven't been charged a single penny.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:29   #388
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 3,623
Thanked: 6,684 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
My 2022 ZS Ev had gone for 1st service last week. At the time of purchase I had paid Rs 7000 for 3 year service pack which includes greasing. I was still billed Rs 531 for greasing. When I asked they said this is different type of grease for battery terminal and sunroof which is not included in the service pack. Any of you who have taken the classic service pack did you also have to pay Rs 531 at 1st service. Please advice.
Looks like the list is for an IC engine car and not a EV.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 17:59   #389
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 855
Thanked: 432 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Did you pay Rs 7000 for service pack for 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
I have done two servicings till date and haven't been charged a single penny.
dockap is offline  
Old 28th November 2022, 20:23   #390
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Did you pay Rs 7000 for service pack for 3 years
Yes. INR 7700 to be precise.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks