Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 14:43   #271

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
No solutions yet.

Anywhere where there’s dust (most of gurgaon). The car gets dirty really fast!
I asked MG if the spoiler extension might help and I was shocked by the response. They said, it wont work and that its not a widespread problem. Suggested solution? Get a ceramic coating from MG. I told them that I already got one and they simply said that the quality might not be good enough.
Fun Fact - I did my ceramic coating from MG only but I still have the issue. I think they are also not aware of the solution and just giving random suggestions.
gowtham.13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 15:42   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a breakdown.

The bumper is actually in 2 pieces. Upper and lower. Then there is a charge for painting the upper bumper and then finally the inserts in the bumper

Attachment 2355767
These are some eyewatering parts ( even labor seems a bit high) cost for a < 30 lakh car.

Is there anything specific in the bumper for an EV?
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 21:13   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Buddy, you're lucky, I think they're giving you my car which I have cancelled last wee.
Thank you.
So what are you diesel options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
Fun Fact - I did my ceramic coating from MG only
I wonder if a ppf coat will be any better. But honestly don't think any kind of coating is going to help. It has be a spoiler or some anti dust coating if there is one like the hydrophobic coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I got the same offer about a month back. Booked silver months ago but then got a call from the dealership telling me I can take delivery of a red ZS EV if I can do immediate payment.
I hope you get the black one. It's really nice in black. Glad you can wait it out. I'm out of time and need a new set of wheels asap.
Pls do post pics when you get your delivery.

Quote:
Here is a breakdown.
36k for the bumper. That's almost luxury class.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th September 2022 at 21:46. Reason: Please use MultiQuote function. Back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts.
Old 8th September 2022, 13:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
An over enthusiastic guy decided to crash into my car on a traffic light.

The complete cost was covered by the insurance but the invoice was for 63000 just for the rear bumper. I was shocked tbh.
Sad to see this. And the cost is
Old 9th September 2022, 11:04   #275
BHPian

We got our MG ZS EV on 7/9/22 after 11 months of waiting! The wait was well worth it. I have driven 250 KMs on the highway and about 80 Kms in the city. The experience has been very good. I will pen down some of my observations after having driven it a few thousand KMs.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220909-10.56.49-am.jpeg  

Chrome6Boy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 07:26   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I will pen down some of my observations after having driven it a few thousand KMs.
Congratulations. Look forward to hearing about your experience.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 00:20   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
So the dealership is offering to allot a Red car to me instead of the black that I booked. They cannot commit to when a black car can be alloted. I'm surprised that they haven't made a black car despite having 6 months to make it Anyone else facing the same tune?
Hello
So I had booked a black zs ev as well on 9th March. I had got a similar offer as well more than a month back, to take red color car. Further they were like I have to make the payment immediately to get the car alloted to me. I denied the same and since then I have been told soon I ll get the car by September which then became October. The standard response is black there is shortage, Bangalore is not assigned too many vehicles.
Anyways frustrated after 6 months of waiting and no clear picture, I have cancelled my booking and have booked the atto 3.
nitish13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 01:06   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish13 View Post
Hello
So I had booked a black zs ev as well on 9th March. I had got a similar offer as well more than a month back, to take red color car. Further they were like I have to make the payment immediately to get the car alloted to me. I denied the same and since then I have been told soon I ll get the car by September which then became October. The standard response is black there is shortage, Bangalore is not assigned too many vehicles.
Anyways frustrated after 6 months of waiting and no clear picture, I have cancelled my booking and have booked the atto 3.
Can you please provide some details on how you booked the atto3? Whats the waiting period? I'd love to book one too.
Old 11th September 2022, 03:56   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Can you please provide some details on how you booked the atto3? Whats the waiting period? I'd love to book one too.
I had actually contacted the PPS motors for BYD e6 and spoke about atto 3. The executive informed that they are currently taking just 25 pre launch booking. This was 2 days back. I had Googled the number.
Regarding waiting period they said they are expecting January 2023 to start delivery. So within February I can't expect the same.
nitish13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:46   #280

Hi I have a few doubts
1. What could be the worst possible mileage we can get when we put in sports mode and ac on continuously with aggressive driving style pedal to metal with average driving speed of 120-140 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Completed 2000Kms today and close to 1600Kms of it is just between Bangalore and Mysore.
On a full charge, the DTE shows 420Kms in Eco Mode without AC and 357Kms with AC. Normal mode brings it to 400Kms (without AC) and 340Kms (with AC)
On my last drive to Mysore, I took it slow and got a figure of 9.4Kms/KWH, translating to a number of 450+kms. This is with AC on and with an Avg speed of 50Kms. The lowest I have got is 6.1Kms/KWH when I drove quite fast with a lot of 0-100kms sprints, even at this numbers I can get a range of 300Kms.

The car consumes around 35-40% battery for the 150Kms drive between Bangalore and Mysore. The best figures I have received is 30% for the entire 150Kms and worst was 49%. All my drives have been on Eco/Normal mode with AC on.

Since I have charging facility at both my places, I don't have to worry about using public fast chargers.

Few more drives are planned in the coming months which will involve distances of over 1000Kms.
Old 11th September 2022, 17:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrange View Post
Hi I have a few doubts
1. What could be the worst possible mileage we can get when we put in sports mode and ac on continuously with aggressive driving style pedal to metal with average driving speed of 120-140 kms
Around 150 to 175.. it can be lower if you are going uphill.
Old 12th September 2022, 12:45   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
We got our MG ZS EV on 7/9/22 after 11 months of waiting!
Congratulations!! Wish you many happy miles ahead!!
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:58   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrange View Post
Hi I have a few doubts
You can expect around 200Kms with this style of driving. It also depends whether the speed is constantly maintained or with multiple braking.
I drove for about 100+kms in this mode averaging around 84KMPH over the distance, battery drained from 88% to 43%. This is on a 6 lane highway with minimal traffic.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:12   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
[*]According to my research this car most likely has a LFP battery (not confirmed officially) that is actively cooled. This chemistry is very resilient to high charging/discharging so don’t fret about charging to 100% or going down to 20%. On the contrary it needs to charge to full to get a good estimate of SOC (state of charge).

Thanks for posting these details. Did you manage to confirm if battery type is indeed LFP ?
I am keen on the ZS EV but I don't want to bet of NMC due to various reasons already mentioned as well as the safety aspect.
CCRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:26   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
These are some eyewatering parts ( even labor seems a bit high) cost for a < 30 lakh car.

Is there anything specific in the bumper for an EV?
The upper bumper is the same as Astor. The lower bumper is EV specific. My assumption is that the lower bumper is still an imported part, hence the really high price. I do not understand the charge for painting the bumper though. Cant get my head around why I have to pay for that. Is that a common practice nowadays?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks