Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 20:46   #361
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Received a software update yesterday but nothing major in there. Anyone noticed any differences?
No Software update yet.
Old 5th November 2022, 05:53   #362
BHPian

Vehicle got pushed the OTA update yesterday but having trouble installing it. It keeps giving a red colour error “for Ev ensure vehicle is in Ready Mode to continue with the install” - when it is.. have tried keeping the vehicle off for a while and installing it same error. Did it just install for you easily?

Sharing a photo of the updates for those that haven’t received it. “SOC” one seems like it might be important. I wish they would improve the rather bland instrument cluster.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-509ff89b7c6c4913b581ea5db1244ebf.jpeg  

Old 5th November 2022, 13:20   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Vehicle got pushed the OTA update yesterday but having trouble installing it. It keeps giving a red colour error “for Ev ensure vehicle is in Ready Mode to continue with the install” - when it is.. have tried keeping the vehicle off for a while and installing it same error. Did it just install for you easily?

Sharing a photo of the updates for those that haven’t received it. “SOC” one seems like it might be important. I wish they would improve the rather bland instrument cluster.
Hi Zandot, I have installed the update. The error will come when your car is not on HV Battery. You have to start the vehicle and put it in parking mode and install the update. It should work.

For others who have installed the update, did you notice any new features? If so, please update. I haven't found anything new. Thanks in advance.
gowtham.13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 11:20   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
I have installed the update. The error will come when your car is not on HV Battery. You have to start the vehicle and put it in parking mode and install the update. It should work.

For others who have installed the update, did you notice any new features? If so, please update. I haven't found anything new. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the tip. I too downloaded and installed the update today, without encountering any issues. The whole process took about 20 minutes and it was pretty straightforward.

The update seems to be mainly to fix bug issues as I have not been able to notice any new features or functionality, so far. Maybe this will become clearer when we drive around for couple of days.
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 17:14   #365
BHPian

Update installed smoothly. No issues.
Don t see any change yet.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 12:58   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
Hi Zandot, I have installed the update. The error will come when your car is not on HV Battery. You have to start the vehicle and put it in parking mode and install the update. It should work.

That's correct. Needed to start the vehicle and put in Park mode until the updates are installed. Did not notice any changes though. Could be a fix to the SOC issue I had mentioned in this post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5337266
Old 8th November 2022, 13:56   #367
BHPian

It's a shame that everyone's update seems to be going fine but mine - although doesn't look like I'm missing anything. Sadly still getting the Red error even tho the vehicle is in Ready mode, have tried after taking the vehicle of charge first thing in the morning but keeps failing. Will get it done at SC as the 10k service is already due.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_8062.jpg
Old 14th November 2022, 16:41   #368
BHPian

After the update, has anybody noticed a delay in the reverse camera coming on when you switch to reverse immediately after you start the car?
Old 14th November 2022, 18:47   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
After the update, has anybody noticed a delay in the reverse camera coming on when you switch to reverse immediately after you start the car?
Is that a significant delay than it was before? There was already a noticeable delay since day 1. Haven't observed any change in that after the update.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 19:58   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
Is that a significant delay than it was before? There was already a noticeable delay since day 1. Haven't observed any change in that after the update.
Seems like the delay is a bit longer than it was before. Earlier it did take a moment, but now I ve got to wait about 4 to 6 seconds before it comes on. May be ill time it the next time. Record a video perhaps
Old 14th November 2022, 20:23   #371

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post on team-bhp !!

Finally took the delivery of my Exclusive variant last week after a wait of 6 months & 1 week. Sharing some pics. Apparently, mine was the fist dual-tone variant sold by my dealer in Hyderabad.

I have got the ceramic coating done before the delivery. Wanted to get rid of the stickers, but the dealer was not too confident about the paint under them. Probably, they didn't have the experience. Didn't take the risk.

Nothing much to add about the car, as every minute detail was already covered. For now enjoying the instant acceleration, which felt scary when I drove out of the showroom, right into bumper-bumper traffic. The drives on the Outer Ring Road are so pleasurable.

Maintaining the ivory interiors seems to be a pain. Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-front.png  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-side.png  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-back.png  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-frontint.jpg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-backint.jpg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-frontint2.jpg  

AutoEnthuHyd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:55   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthuHyd View Post

Maintaining the ivory interiors seems to be a pain. Here are some pictures.
Have you considered getting your interiors coated as well? they may help in keeping the stains away.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 22:28   #373

Do we have a way to stop the radio from blaring off once we hit the start button?

Quote:
Have you considered getting your interiors coated as well? they may help in keeping the stains away.
Thanks, will explore that. Any pointers?
Old 15th November 2022, 08:27   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally took the delivery of my Exclusive variant last week after a wait of 6 months & 1 week. Sharing some pics. Apparently, mine was the fist dual-tone variant sold by my dealer in Hyderabad.
Congrats on your EV journey, the ivory interiors looks nice, but will be a pain to maintain them.
For the badges, you can easily remove them yourself. There will be no damage to paint.

Quote:
Do we have a way to stop the radio from blaring off once we hit the start button?
One option is to use a pen drive and set it to default. The volume difference between FM and other music source makes it a major annoyance when starting the car. This is more irritating when you are in a place of no FM reception.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 12:10   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can you coat interiors with?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks