Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 07:42   #211
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

My car is due for the first service , the service centre keeps calling and reminding.
From what I have seen, the first service just involves a multi point checkup and car wash nothing else. So was in no hurry to give it.

Btw these are the apps that I mostly use on the head unit via Android Auto
Installed Apps
- Spotify (Useful as you can play your playlists , controls work well with the steering audio buttons)
- SensAiry (because I fixed these TPS devices as an add on, as long as your phone is connected via android auto it displays the tyre pressure and also lets you set warning thresholds of upper/lower limits)
- TuneIn Radio (Has couple of genres of music with fair content and decent clarity / it is free i.e. for English , first time do a trial and error and add your channels to your Favorites. )

Default Apps used
- G.Maps
- Normal Google commands Navigate to xyz etc..
- Suzuki Connect

Please let me know if there are other useful apps that support Android Auto which you use.

As for the Milage, now after a months use the ODO console shows a milage of 12.8 KMPL.

Not sure how accurate the Suzuki connect apps trip details are.
This was form yesterdays drive. I drove on the Bangalore NICE road so you can say 80% of the driving here was on a highway.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-suzukic.jpeg

Last edited by Fillmore : 8th July 2022 at 07:48. Reason: added content
Fillmore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 07:09   #212
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

I have never been able to get trip information on the Suzuki App. Do you have to do anything additional to get this synced?

This is all I see on the trip history and driving analysis pages. I have already completed 1.2K kms and my 1st service is also done.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20220711070608.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20220711070602.jpg  

Old 11th July 2022, 07:25   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I have never been able to get trip information on the Suzuki App. Do you have to do anything additional to get this synced?

This is all I see on the trip history and driving analysis pages. I have already completed 1.2K kms and my 1st service is also done.
Please check if you have done these steps ?
Suzuki Connect setup

Downloading the App

• Search for “Suzuki Connect” (Developer: Maruti Suzuki India Limited) and download the app on your phone.

• Even if you had been using Suzuki Connect from your NEXA app, you will first need to sign up on the app and create your account. This will initiate syncing between the Suzuki Connect device that is installed in your car and your phone.

• On clicking the “Sign Up” button, you will be redirected to registration, where you need to enter your mobile number and vehicle registration number or vehicle identification number (VRN or VIN). The mobile number you enter should be the same as the one you registered while buying your car. If you do not know your car’s VRN/VIN, you can click the red icon at the corner, and a pop-up will highlight where you can find these details.

• Before you click the “Request OTP” button, make sure to check the Terms and Conditions box at the bottom of the screen.

• Next, enter the OTP and create a password for your account to complete registration.

• After successful registration, you can now sign in on the app using the credentials.
Old 11th July 2022, 17:31   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Please check if you have done these steps ?
Suzuki Connect setup

Downloading the App

• Search for “Suzuki Connect” (Developer: Maruti Suzuki India Limited) and download the app on your phone.

• Even if you had been using Suzuki Connect from your NEXA app, you will first need to sign up on the app and create your account. This will initiate syncing between the Suzuki Connect device that is installed in your car and your phone.

• On clicking the “Sign Up” button, you will be redirected to registration, where you need to enter your mobile number and vehicle registration number or vehicle identification number (VRN or VIN). The mobile number you enter should be the same as the one you registered while buying your car. If you do not know your car’s VRN/VIN, you can click the red icon at the corner, and a pop-up will highlight where you can find these details.

• Before you click the “Request OTP” button, make sure to check the Terms and Conditions box at the bottom of the screen.

• Next, enter the OTP and create a password for your account to complete registration.

• After successful registration, you can now sign in on the app using the credentials.
I have installed the same version of the app by developer:Maruti Suzuki India and can access other features, like view car location, start AC etc. Everything works except for trip details.

I have uninstalled and followed all steps to re initiate the connection. Unfortunately same thing continues after the process.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20220711172447.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20220709222427.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20220709215131.jpg  

Old 11th July 2022, 17:56   #215
BHPian

Quote:
I have installed the same version of the app by developer:Maruti Suzuki India and can access other features, like view car location, start AC etc. Everything works except for trip details.

I have uninstalled and followed all steps to re initiate the connection. Unfortunately same thing continues after the process.
Sorry no idea in that case.
Maybe you can check with the Service Person
Old 11th July 2022, 18:30   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Since other things are syncing & you can see trip details in car, we can rule out basic problems. For now, go through the settings & verify if something is disabled. Then try installing this app in another phone & see if this sync is working.

If it still fails, take it to service centre, software reset may solve the issue.
Old 21st July 2022, 22:08   #217
BHPian

I've booked the Alpha+ AT in Splendid silver. It's around 18L here in Bangalore. I'm not sure if I should just stretch my budget a bit and get something better.
ashwin1397 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:46   #218
BHPian

Quote:

Have you received the SMS from VK-MARUTI on your registered mobile as follows:

"The Telematics devise of your car has been activated. Please download and register on the Suzuki Connect App to explore the features. Team Marti Suzuki."

I was not also able to get data in Suzuki Connect app for my newly purchased Ertiga ZXI 2022. After SA initiated this step at Maruti system, I received the above SMS.

Everything is ok now and all data syncing perfectly.

If you've not received such SMS, try to contact your SA.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20220722_145901.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20220722_145442.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20220722_145355.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20220722_145133.jpg  

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 22nd July 2022 at 15:02. Reason: Maruti Suzuki Connect App Screenshots Added
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:55   #219
BHPian

I had zeroed in on the XL6 Alpha/Alpha+ AT and after calling the local Nexa dealers in Pune, found that one of them had a Grey Alpha+ AT in stock.

I was surprised that such a popular vehicle was available off the shelf so I got the VIN and dispatch details, the vehicle was dispatched from the factory on the 24th of May and has therefore been at the yard 6-7 weeks.

My concern is that it is defective in some way and has been rejected by other buyers.

The salesperson shared the VIN/dispatch details without any hesitation and has agreed to let me examine the vehicle in the yard after I pay the deposit (11K) and the deposit can then be moved to any other vehicle (ETA is 4-6 weeks) if I am not happy with the Grey one in stock.

Are the Alpha+ ATs somewhat less popular and therefore more easily available or am I right to be concerned?

Also, while calling other NEXA dealers in the city, another one (with a different principal) claimed to have a Gray Alpha+ AT in stock, do Nexa dealers in a city share the same inventory or is it just a coincidence?

Appreciate any insight or suggestions from the group.
Old 24th July 2022, 08:02   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
I've booked the Alpha+ AT in Splendid silver. It's around 18L here in Bangalore. I'm not sure if I should just stretch my budget a bit and get something better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post
I had zeroed in on the XL6 Alpha/Alpha+ AT and after calling the local Nexa dealers in Pune, found that one of them had a Grey Alpha+ AT in stock.

I was surprised that such a popular vehicle was available off the shelf so I got the VIN and dispatch details, the vehicle was dispatched from the factory on the 24th of May and has therefore been at the yard 6-7 weeks.

My concern is that it is defective in some way and has been rejected by other buyers.

The salesperson shared the VIN/dispatch details without any hesitation and has agreed to let me examine the vehicle in the yard after I pay the deposit (11K) and the deposit can then be moved to any other vehicle (ETA is 4-6 weeks) if I am not happy with the Grey one in stock.

Are the Alpha+ ATs somewhat less popular and therefore more easily available or am I right to be concerned?

Also, while calling other NEXA dealers in the city, another one (with a different principal) claimed to have a Gray Alpha+ AT in stock, do Nexa dealers in a city share the same inventory or is it just a coincidence?

Appreciate any insight or suggestions from the group.
Its quite possible that dealer is not able to steal a deal in 6 weeks as less customers in higher price range. You should do the inspection using team-bhp PDI checklist (do not pay beyond 11k as thats returnable). Also trip meter should be in 50-100km range. If inspection is fine, you can take decision whether to buy or not
Old 24th July 2022, 08:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post

I was surprised that such a popular vehicle was available off the shelf ...
Could be because of a cancellation by the customer.
Frankly the only real feature you get in Alpha+ is ventilated seats.
All the rest are available on the Alpha variant itself.

TPMS, Dual tone color etc. you can get it done on the Alpha also.
TPMS will cost you 6k and with Android Auto you can get the TPMS display on the Head unit itself.
Old 25th July 2022, 12:34   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Its quite possible that dealer is not able to steal a deal in 6 weeks as less customers in higher price range. You should do the inspection using team-bhp PDI checklist (do not pay beyond 11k as thats returnable). Also trip meter should be in 50-100km range. If inspection is fine, you can take decision whether to buy or not
Thanks, I have only paid 11K and will be checking the vehicle today (armed with the Team-BHP PDI checklist) before I pay the balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Could be because of a cancellation by the customer.
Frankly the only real feature you get in Alpha+ is ventilated seats.
All the rest are available on the Alpha variant itself.
Thanks, I agree. I would have preferred the Alpha AT variant as the car will be 95% chauffer driven but immediate delivery tips the balance in favor of this Alpha+ AT (assuming there are no issues with the car).

If I have to wait for a vehicle then I will go for the Alpha AT and add on the spoiler (available pre painted from MGA) and TPMS.

Some manufacturers (Ford is a good example) install the antenna for the TPMS system in all variants and adding the OEM sensors and enabling the feature in the ECM gets you a OEM TPMS install. I had asked the Nexa sales person to check with their works/service team, but haven't yet got an answer yet.
awarty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:29   #223
RRU
BHPian

Hi All - Greetings! This is my first post on TeamBHP (I have been following the forum for a long time although I am not a motorphile).

Thanks for the detailed review by experts and insightful discussion by members. Tracking this thread for a few weeks as lately I have developed an inclination towards upgrading to a new vehicle. I have been using Etios 1.5 Petrol NA since 2013 and quite happy & satisfied with this no-frills, no-nonsense classic and basic sedan that has always lived up to (actually more) my expectations.

My desire (not need) as Etios is running perfectly fine: An upgrade but not sure what - sedans are fading out based on the current trend. C segment SUVs are hot and getting hotter (so many models and growing). MPVs gradually becoming lifestyle vehicles filling the gaps that compact SUVs miss. Beyond this my budget will not permit.

What did I try so far? Had a good look at Seltos, Creata, Brezza and the likes , but found these somewhat a compromise on space and don't feel an upgrade truly (other than price perhaps). The heavier ones like Innova, Safari, Alcazar and the likes appear pretty big (and costly as well) for daily office commute. So, tried Ertiga, XL6 and Carens. Here is my take on each of these based on my limited understanding:

Ertiga: TD the K15B (K15C 2022 is not available for TD). Good and reliable MPV. Will more than serve the purpose, but seems too common, lacking premium feeling and gradually becoming taxi vehicle in Bangalore (already have one in Etios, petrol though). It's now the official vehicle of Bangalore Police, as well. HM just felt like downgrading. So, discarded.

Kia Carens: Looks pretty good (very personal thing), feature rich (sales folks here call it "futures") and can be a truly recreational vehicle. Way too many options (both engine and variants) to choose from - very typical of Korean companies operating in India. Exploring 1.5 petrol NA (but no TD vehicle available as it is not in top variant). So, had to do the TD on 1.4 petrol MT - did 3 times over 2 weeks. First impression - superb comfort and ride quality, very quiet engine, little NVH and being someone how rides Etios - found it "futures" rich. However, discovered one lacuna that will impact daily commute to office in Bangalore (dubious for its B2B traffic). The turbo 1.4 lags in response in lower RPM and speed (1st, 2nd and even in 3rd gears). Expert opine it is typical of turbo charged cars (i have a different experience with another car - will mention latter). Once you cross 40+ with a little A, its a treat to ride up to any speed. Other aspects of the vehicle have already been explained in detail by members here. The recent NCAP rating dampened my spirit, but unfortunately the alternatives are not better (Ertiga, XL6, Creta, Seltos, etc.) The 3rd TD I took setting the trip meter at 0 and after a cool ride of 12 kms. in whitefield, the Carens eked out a mileage 13.1 kmpl - I consider it pretty good for such a heavy vehicle with 4 people on board. Spoke to a proud owner of the 1.5 petrol NA. An extremely satisfied owner with 2 complaints - poor mileage in city and lack of power or grunt. Meanwhile, just for lark, took a TD of Seltos as well - found the ride quality and comfort wanting and inferior to that of Carens'. I suspect the 1.5 petrol NA Carens may not be as fun to ride as the 1.4 turbo petrol is. Also, I am not sure about the reliability of this complex turbo engine. (experts please advise).

XL6: My first choice given I am a Japanese auto cos.(Toyota, Honda and Suzuki) fan, reflecting my risk averse nature. TD both manual and auto XL
6 2022 facelift in city condition (near Sarjapur road) and was really impressed by the ride in well nigh all aspects. Almost decided this is the car for me. The first TD of XL was done after TD 1 of Carens, and XL6 felt overall a much better package on a like-for-like basis (Carens 1.5 petrol NA prestige vs XL6 Zetta). Just to make sure I was right, did another TD of Carens. My thought was reinforced. However, somehow felt I must do a test ride in long highway kind of stretch to test its power and performance. I am not a performance freak. Prefer cool, sedate driving, but would be wrong to say never do excited, aggressive driving. Sometimes do - my Etios never disappoints - rides comfortably at 140+ kmph and carries an NCAP rating of 4. Did the second TD of XL6 on NH44 international airport highway. As averred by almost everyone (including expert reviewers and Sashi, the encyclopedia of XL6), the driving experience was totally different and in stark contrast to what i felt in city ride. It was literally struggling for power beyond 70 kmph with 4 passengers (this is a comparative reference, not per se). I had to work hard to push it to 100 kmph but did not dare to push further as by that time I had already crossed quite a distance. Did the TD with both MT and AT - only difference is that - at 100 kmph, the AT was cruising seamlessly while MT was asking me to move to 6th gear, which was missing. Not a very exhilarating experience. As I did with Carens, tested the mileage of XL6 petrol AT, it delivered 13.4 kmpl with a mix of all kinds of ride over 18 kms. Pretty decent.

Following this, did another TD of Carens (3rd one) - felt better than XL6 as a package now, but only with the 1.4 turbo MT petrol notwithstanding its limitation on lower speed/RPM in city traffic and XL6' limitation in higher power and speed (highway). Interestingly, after driving these two vehicles, felt very proud driving my Etios again - but not the right comparison.

The best part was reserved for another vehicle that was nowhere on my radar, but somehow my better half suggested to give it a try after noticing my ambivalence and confusion with these two competing MPVs.

The XUV 700 petrol 2.0 turbo AT - Wow - A completely different experience as far a driving is concerned - it responded exceedingly well in all possible conditions - highway, b2b traffic, sedate riding, sporty mode and so on...no complains whatsoever. I felt truly elated. Its success story and feature-rich, tech-loaded and top safety standard reviews are well documented by everyone. However, I found two primary shortcomings from my perspective. At best it is a great 5-seater full SUV (not a compromised version that C segment represents). The 7 seater is just a waste unless you want to keep it for those rare occasions. The NVH level was not very good for an SUV worth ~20L avg. Planning to do TD of the petrol MT. Customer feedback on mileage is ~10 kmpl in city and 13 kmpl in highways. Not bad at all for 2.0 Lt. turbo petrol.

All in all, I am still not sure which one to go with among these three or should look for something else I have not even thought of hitherto. My requirement is driving pleasure, safety and economy (ownership cost). Prefer MT over AT any day (XL6 could be an exception). Happy to see features - not so excited to have all. Preferred budget is 14-18L - can stretch a bit.

Grateful if experts can guide me. Sorry for being loquacious in my very first post.
RRU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 09:01   #224
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga price hiked by Rs 6,000. It now gets ESP and Hill Hold Assist as standard across all variants.

Quote:
Earlier, these safety features were only available with the automatic transmission variants as well as the ZXI+ manual transmission version.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th July 2022 at 09:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:31   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRU View Post
So, tried Ertiga, XL6 and Carens.

The XUV 700 petrol 2.0 turbo AT

All in all, I am still not sure which one to go with among these three or should look for something else I have not even thought of hitherto. My requirement is driving pleasure, safety and economy (ownership cost). Prefer MT over AT any day (XL6 could be an exception). Happy to see features - not so excited to have all. Preferred budget is 14-18L - can stretch a bit.
First of all, welcome to this wonderful forum.

I was in same boat as you a few days ago. I currently own 1st gen Ertiga and was looking for an upgrade. I checked out almost the same cars - XL6, Carens, XUV7OO, Safari and ScorpioN.
With the budget of 20L and looking for a 7 seater with flexibility that the Ertiga offers, we concluded on the Carens 1.4 Turbo DCT Luxury Plus. The other cars, although good in some aspects or the other, did not have the complete package in terms of the features and practicality that Carens offers in that budget of 20L.

Although you are looking for manual ones, I would suggest you to take a TD of Carens 1.4 DCT. The Prestige Plus variant would be a fit within your budget. No worries about the turbo lag at low RPMs in the manual. And you will love the convenience that the DCT offers.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks