Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 15:29   #256

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh411 View Post
Can somebody throw light on the ground clearance of the new xl6. The official brochure does not mention the ground clearance. However, media reviews mention it as 185 mm.

I had the same doubt since they have changed the rear suspension coils and added larger wheels. So, I actually measured it and found that the front bumper has the least ground clearance which is just under 200mm and the rear bumper is well above 210mm. So considering the ground clearance is 200mm. I don't understand why Maruti Suzuki excluded from mentioning the increased ground clearance in the media.
Old 27th August 2022, 01:20   #257
BHPian

First glimpse of my car. Reached the dealer showroom. Completed the PDI today. Only thing that bothered me was the 154km on the Odo and the AC performance. I have asked them to check that.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_20220826_134358.jpg
Pras92003 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:55   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
I'm still unconvinced about the quality of the plastics used in the interiors. I believe Kia has done a better job here. Any thoughts or views?.
Yes. Carens seems to have overall tougher-looking, plush interiors. It comes at a price, though, making the XL6 a tad more affordable for the budget-conscious (which most buyers would be, I presume).
Old 10th September 2022, 13:49   #259
BHPian

Took the delivery of my XL6.

Initial thoughts:
Pros -
1. Cabin noise is low - crusing at around 60, you can't hear anything.
2. I have just a family of 3 - crusing at 80-100 is cool. Takes a while to get from 80 to 100, but then it's a MPV. So my expectations are low anyway.
3. Seats are comfortable. The ride height gives you a good view of the road as well.
4. Seat ventilation and A/C work really well.

Cons -
1. No light in the boot area. Have to think of something for this.
2. For quick overtakes, I'm having to downshift using paddle shifters. (The gear box gets confused when I floor it)
3. I'm facing connectivity issues on the smart play pro system. Calls are not showing up. Works fine with apple car play. Weird.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Here's a picture of my car -
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-c334e0c0905d43be9540d155bbdc23f6.jpeg

Last edited by ashwin1397 : 10th September 2022 at 14:01. Reason: Added a con
ashwin1397 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 19:16   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
crusing at 80-100 is cool. Takes a while to get from 80 to 100, but it’s a MPV anyway
2. For quick overtakes, I'm having to downshift using paddle shifters. (The gear box gets confused when I floor it)
So I finally got my XL6. Only hitch, had booked splendid silver and he delivered Nexa blue. I needed the car as of Day before yesterday so didn’t create a ruckus and took it. Besides, kids loved the colour. Have driven 680km in less than 36hrs of delivery, 300+ of these were on the highway. For overtaking on the highway, I tried out the work around posted earlier in the thread. Just set the cruise control to a higher speed and press resume, it works like a charm.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th September 2022 at 19:58. Reason: Broken quote tags
handsofsteel is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 19:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
For overtaking on the highway, I tried out the work around posted earlier in the thread. Just set the cruise control to a higher speed and press resume, it works like a charm.

Congratulations on your new car!
Ah lemme try this. But I'm not sure how that makes a difference
Old 11th September 2022, 07:34   #262
BHPian

There are those few moments when you have some family visiting and you need to squeeze in an extra person in the middle row. So decided to get the middle kid seat plug in.

Most of the time it is going to be unplugged and lying in the house, but will be using it only in those emergency moments when there is a crowd.

Currently on Amazon it is retailing for 7k
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089V25JC2/?tag=tbhp0e-21

Has anyone sourced it locally from Bangalore at a cheaper price with the same quality ? If so kindly do share the details.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 17:01   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
So decided to get the middle kid seat plug in.

Has anyone sourced it locally from Bangalore at a cheaper price with the same quality ? If so kindly do share the details.

I'm planning to get this too. I believe the link you have shared is good enough. But I'll be checking out in JC Road in Bangalore this weekend. Hope i find a good deal.
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 20:42   #264
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
I'm planning to get this too. I believe the link you have shared is good enough. But I'll be checking out in JC Road in Bangalore this weekend. Hope i find a good deal.
There is this talk about rear seat belts being made mandatory, this seat will be a problem in that context (and otherwise too from safety perspective), isn't it?
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:36   #265
BHPian

I hope that when the mandatory 6 airbags rule come into effect, Maruti brings the 7 seater version with a turbo petrol mild hybrid and 6 speed MT.
abh411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 22:06   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
There is this talk about rear seat belts being made mandatory, this seat will be a problem in that context (and otherwise too from safety perspective), isn't it?
100% agreed. The said extra seat is no way tested for any norms and rather use as an extended arm-rest/cup-holder.
But for certain city driving (typical night in Bangalore), the rear seats have little to no impact on safety of passengers in majority of cases. Hence, it's a good accessory to have for city use but never for any highway or long drives.
Old 11th September 2022, 22:26   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
Let us know how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
It'll definitely be a problem. But will the cops look into it that much though? Most of the cars have the seat belt on the lap for the centre passengers.

All that said and done, from the safety perspective, I've decided to not go for it for now.
Old 13th September 2022, 09:38   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Decided to get the middle kid seat plug in
I think I read in this thread or LeoShashi's XL thread that people bought at 3500 locally. So you need to explore at a good shop, retail price is definately ~3500.

Word of caution: if you are getting this, pls use it only in city traffic, never on highways or 70+ speed, would be dangerous for the kid sitting on it
Old 13th September 2022, 10:19   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
For overtaking on the highway, I tried out the work around posted earlier in the thread. Just set the cruise control to a higher speed and press resume, it works like a charm.
Not a good idea. The acceleration is uncontrollable. I've experienced this on Corolla as well as S-Cross. Its also going to put your passengers through the discomfort of sudden acceleration. Not to forget the additional pressure it puts on your powertrain.

From the safety point of view, I wouldn't try it.
narayans80 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 08:45   #270
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the 2022 XL6. This is from the perspective of an A->B person driving a S-Cross MJD who does a bit of touring.

We started looking at 5+2 seaters, due to the additional seating requirement.

The interiors were all too familiar coming from the S-Cross. I was right at home in the driving seat with zero learning curve. The significant changes were the flat bottom steering and the steering mounted controls.

The tinted glass is brilliant and no complaints in the cooling department. The kids who were fresh from a Carens test drive pointed out the missing 3rd row vent. However I don't think it should be a concern.

NVH is impressive (as it should be for a NA petrol) and ride is acceptable.

The drivability is were is miserably failed. For low speeds, the drivability is acceptable. The handicap clearly shows once you accelerate past 60. No matter how much I wring, this baby takes its own sweet time. On the 5 km drive on NH45, it barely touched 70. All this drama was with just 3 aboard and zero luggage. Compared to my current MJD which barely takes 500 meters to get to 80 even without the engine fully warmed up.

This baby can handle urban, semi-urban runs. I am simply not confident on doing highway runs with seats and luggage loaded.
narayans80 is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks