Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 00:00   #361
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Mine too is a 2022 XL6, I downloaded the firmware on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and tried to update.
However no matter what I do , it keeps saying
"Software Update file not detected. Please initiate update from phone or insert USB with the valid software file. "

Placed the .zip directly in the root
Update_File_72S0_04_00.zip

Also tried unzipping and placing the .pkg file directly

Neither worked.

Did you face any similar issues the first time ?
Btw my current firmware version is : 72SO.01.60
No, in my case I placed the .PKG file in USB drive root level and it immediately showed update option when plugged in the drive to the USB port of HU. Howevee I was on 72SO.02.00 version.

You can try couple of things:
1. Try again with ONLY upgrade.pkg file at root level of drive, zip file or any other files should not be there.

2. Download and update to 72SO.02.00 first and then try to update from 72S0.02.00 to 72SO.04.00

If that also does not work you can try connecting to unit through SmartPlay Pro Sync app. If that too does not work then only option would be to get it updated at service center.
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:03   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
Happily surprised it is. A new update (72S0.04.00) is available now for 2022 XL6 with variants having Smart Play Pro HUs.

Here is a direct link as well: https://www.global-infotainment-syst...72S0_04_00.zip

• Was able to connect with Android Auto wirelessly after the update (make sure you toggle the Wireless Android Auto option on in the Android Auto settings on your phone).
  • Able to see navigation directions in MID. There used to be one blank screen in MID when you toggle through all the pages, Navi shows up there now.
  • After turning off the car and turning it back on, AA was connected automatically to phone (as long as WIFI and Bluetooth are on in the phone).
  • Able to connect Wifi of HU with Smart Play Pro Sync app now. Earlier it was not able to connect after entering password as shown in HU settings or scanning the QR code.
Thanks @abhishek. Very helpful and I was able to upgrade following the steps you have mentioned. I tried the Carplay and it connected post the update. Yet to try AA. However noticed that when I switched off the ignition and started again, the Carplay is not connecting. Am I missing something?

Will play around the listed items and update my response for further details.
Old 18th January 2023, 13:17   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

It is actually so stupid that while going over speed breakers, the engine stops and restarts, but almost never when it actually should, because I don't keep the brake pressed and shift it to N.
I agree with you on this. I turn off the stop start system the moment i get in. I turn it on only when I know that i am going to stop continuously for some time.
Old 18th January 2023, 17:14   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
I agree with you on this. I turn off the stop start system the moment i get in. I turn it on only when I know that i am going to stop continuously for some time.
I don't like the Auto Start Stop system either. It does not save much petrol either. I saved about 1.5L of petrol after driving >3000 kms mostly within city.

They should have instead provided a button steering for drivers to easily shutdown when stopping at a long signal. The least they could have done is provide a menu option to permanently disable it (currently need to switch it off every time car starts).
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 21:50   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't like the Auto Start Stop system either. It does not save much petrol either.
The auto start-stop that we get in Mahindra's cars (such as my TUV 300) is also a nuisance. One thing we've seen in our collective experience (this forum, TUV 300 WhatsApp groups etc.) is that heavy use of the start-stop system ruins the starter motor.

Upon seeing your and other posts calling out the start-stop mechanism, I just felt like sharing what I know over here in the dark side - i.e., the Mahindra side I mean, you guys are in a world of smooth sailing compared to us, with our earthy/coarse Mahindras. But here be something in common huh?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 13:16   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
2022 XL6 Update after 1500 kms of ownership
I could not source this 2nd row middle seat from Bangalore. Can you provide me the contact from where you have sourced it @ Pune. Thanks.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2023 at 13:35.
Old 19th January 2023, 19:29   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
I could not source this 2nd row middle seat from Bangalore. Can you provide me the contact from where you have sourced it @ Pune. Thanks.
Not sure if you went to JC Road and tried, there are a number of car accessory shops where you will find this.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 12:58   #368

Quote:
Happily surprised it is. A new update (72S0.04.00) is available now for 2022 XL6 with variants having Smart Play Pro HUs.

[/list]
I was waiting for this update half-heartedly since Maruti-Suzuki never promised any Wireless feature for the Smartplay Pro fitted for 2022 XL6 Alpha/Alpha+. However, my hopes went up when I saw the online specification brochure for the Jimny and Fronx. The Zeta Variant of Jimny and Delta variant of Fronx both have Smartplay Pro and both have the 'Wireless AA" checked.
And the first I did was hop onto this Team-bhp thread, and I read your post. Thanks a ton for guiding us through the process. Also, the new update is now available to be directly downloadable from the dropdown menu.
These are the following changes/improvements I noticed so far;

1. Wireless Android Auto in my XL6.
2. Navigation Waypoint in my MID. (Pleasing for the gamer in me)
3. Surround Sound options for better audio output. Natural, Acoustic, and Dynamic. Impressed with the Dyanamic option upon my initial tests.

The Smartplay Pro Sync app did not appear to connect yet, not interested to try again and I have given up on it entirely since it is not at all required. The Smartplay Pro Remote app as well still did not work, but now that I have wireless AA, I no longer have the necessity for this feature.

All in all, I am super content with this update. As of now, I have no expectation for another update (apart from performance patches), but we can always hope that Maruti-Suzuki delivers some more features; (like we can buy the wireless charger and ambient lighting and get them fitted with our updated Smartplay Pro unit for better control options.

What do you guys think we can get more out of the Suzuki Smartplay Pro?
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 14:11   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this info! My car just got the second service done (5000kms) and the service center upgraded it for me. Wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple Car play work like a charm.

To get the android auto/apple car play to work, you have have delete the paired devices and repair them.

Last edited by ashwin1397 : 20th January 2023 at 14:13. Reason: Repharsing a sentence
ashwin1397 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 17:52   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
What do you guys think we can get more out of the Suzuki Smartplay Pro?
I think it is optimal now from Maruti Suzuki perspective. Only thing to fix I can think of is change of unit for TPMS readings.

Now most updates/enhancements expected are from Google on AA front. Coolwalk update started rolling out last week, hopefully we will get it soon on our phones. If Google continues to improve AA features that would be great.
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 19:55   #371
BHPian

Quote:
2. Navigation Waypoint in my MID. (Pleasing for the gamer in me)
Nothing is showing up on my MID with apple car play. Is there a setting to enable it explicitly?
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:19   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
Nothing is showing up on my MID with apple car play. Is there a setting to enable it explicitly?
As per the instruction manual for the Suzuki Smartplay Pro, this feature isn't compatible with Apple Car Play. It may or may not work.
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:50   #373
BHPian

Quote:
As per the instruction manual for the Suzuki Smartplay Pro, this feature isn't compatible with Apple Car Play. It may or may not work.
I see. Thanks. Let me try it with an Android phone.
ashwin1397 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 00:50   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Happily surprised it is. A new update (72S0.04.00) is available now for 2022 XL6 with variants having Smart Play Pro
Thanks a lot brother for the information. Updated mine as well. That wired thing was really messy. Also wireless seems to be more stable. Cheers and thanks again for the Info.
Pras92003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 15:24   #375

Thanks @Fillmore. I could fetch one from JC Road, costed Rs.3900/-. Useable stuff for short trips and as cup holders for long drives. Thanks
Street_Smart is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks