Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 06:58   #391
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Really strange, I tried all these, the update icon is not enabled. Will keep trying.
All said and done their apps are a bit buggy. I faced that problem too initially. But suddenly 2 days back it was enabled saying there was an update.
Note just try this
First you need to USB + Wifi connect the car to the car, it should detect it and you car should show up under "My Vehicles"
Once this is done it will have your baseline populated which has the Vehicle + App version.

Then try the App in your home (car need not be connected) to check if the Update icon is enabled. If it get enabled do the download from the app.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 11:56   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
Please try updating to 72S0.02.00 first (there should be two files extracted to root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive). Once on 72S0.02.00 try updating the 72S0.04.00 (there should only be one .PKG file in root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive).
Just FYI I upgraded directly from 1.6 to 4.0, and now 2.0 link has been removed (may be somebody has to share 2.0 on personal drive for sometime for other BHPians benefit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Was finally able to upgrade the firmware though alternate means. For those of you who are facing the problem where the system does not recognize the firmware on a USB stick you can try this.
1. Install Suzuki Smart Play app (if you already have it , make sure you update it and bring it to the latest ver)
Thanks a lot for sharing Suzuki app mode for software upgrade. For everybodys benefit, can you share exact screenshot of app on play store, along with app link on playstore, as I am seeing 9 suzuki apps on android play store, screenshot below

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-screenshot_20230219_102225_google-play-store_2.jpg

Last edited by India2022 : 19th February 2023 at 11:58. Reason: edit
Old 19th February 2023, 17:28   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
JFor everybodys benefit, can you share exact screenshot of app on play store, along with app link on playstore, as I am seeing 9 suzuki apps on android play store, screenshot below
This is the one I used
Suzuki Smartplay Pro Sync

This is what the icon looks like
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 19:23   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Just FYI I upgraded directly from 1.6 to 4.0, and now 2.0 link has been removed (may be somebody has to share 2.0 on personal drive for sometime for other BHPians benefit.
Here you go:
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...72S0_02_00.zip
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 19:25   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
This is the one I used
Suzuki Smartplay Pro Sync
If Smartplay Pro Sync app works then it's a good option. For me and several others wifi was not connecting until 4.0 version update, so was not able to use SmartPlay Pro Sync app at all.
Old 20th February 2023, 10:24   #396
BHPian

Btw Wireless AA also started working fine for me now.
It was a mobile fix
Fix : Settings > Apps > Andriod Auto> Storage & Cache > Cleared both
Ensured Developer mode is enabled.

Start up the Car HU and activated AA on the phone for the first time.
It prompts for a quick setup asking to give permissions on the phone to use the AA app.

After this, now it connects seamlessly whenever in the car via wireless mode.
Old 21st February 2023, 17:35   #397
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I see two issues, when I format PenDrive in windows I get a system volume information folder by default. And then I first directly put the zip file, which didn't work, then I extracted the pkg and let the zip also stay there. If the single file rule is so strict, I'll try again.
I did this again with only one file in the drive. I used my phone to make sure all junk folders are deleted from the drive. Only kept the .pkg file in the drive.

So within 5-10 secs of plugging in the pendrive, this popped up:
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230221_131808.jpg

Then the installation was easy:
Wireless android auto didn't work right away, eventually I went to paired devices and enabled the AAuto icon, it then it worked well and smooth.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230221_134835.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help here.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 11:46   #398
BHPian

I am hoping people are aware of ‘front Driveshaft’ recall from MSIL for XL6 / Ertiga. Posting for wider reach.

One can check against VIN number on the web page if concerned car is affected by recall or not.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/importa...-for-customers
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-recall.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 01:29   #399
BHPian

Jai Hind to all fellow XL6 owners,
Has any BHPian explored installation of roof bars and rack atop their XL6? Please do share, in-case you have information. If someone has actually gotten a rail system, rack installed please do share the process followed and details. Pictures of the XL6 with the system installed, would be awesome and eye-candy for me.

Thanks in advance !
Old 14th April 2023, 18:22   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp52_vishy View Post
Jai Hind to all fellow XL6 owners,
Has any BHPian explored installation of roof bars and rack atop their XL6? Please do share, in-case you have information. If someone has actually gotten a rail system, rack installed please do share the process followed and details. Pictures of the XL6 with the system installed, would be awesome and eye-candy for me.

Thanks in advance !
Cross posting from 1st gen XL6 thread but gives a nice idea.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5229521 (Maruti XL6 : Official Review)
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:17   #401
BHPian

I am on the look out for a family car to upgrade from my current 2012 Polo Topline Diesel, which I ran for 1.3L km. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bought it when I was single and now a family with two kids. Given my parents or in laws will visit us in Bangalore at least once or twice a year, wanted to get an MPV as the kids are growing (as of now, 7 and 5 yr only, but they will not be happy sitting in laps after sometime for sure). Even other wise, it's more practical with respect to space. The driving will be limited in the city, just for school pick up/ drop and weekend shopping. For sure, there will be long rides around Bangalore during the weekends. I initially thought of a 5 seater and shortlisted Hyryder hybrid. However, I was not happy with the boot space, while the vehicle looks so large from exterior, the inside space is not so great. So I thought for the same price of around 20L, let's check any MPV options. Short listed XL6 Alpha+ AT where the onroad is costing 18.23 L and the Carrens D 1.5 6 AT Luxury plus 7 costing 23.64 L. Not sure if the 5 lakh price difference is worth it, given the space inside, boot space and FE are more or less same. The drive on the highways could be better with Carens diesel, but is the XL6 that bad and should we have to increase the budget by 5 lakh to get this?
rockyb4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:31   #402
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
The drive on the highways could be better with Carens diesel, but is the XL6 that bad and should we have to increase the budget by 5 lakh to get this?
No, the XL6 isn't that bad. But then if this is your only car and you love to drive and push cars sometimes (may it be hard accelerations or fast overtaking), XL6 isn't exciting.

I recently took XL6 to the hills up to Kufri (4 Adults, 2 kids, without luggage). While there wasn't any issue climbing, it wasn't fast to overtake there going uphill.

In NCR, since diesel is limited to 10yrs, the choice was clear, because XL6 is much more economical than Carrens' turbo petrol.

I don't like to wait for cars, so Carrens waiting period itself is a no-deal.

6 vs 7 seater also is a debate, but I found 6 much better as it makes 3rd row usable and kids like that seat while not being stuck there.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:36   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
No, the XL6 isn't that bad. But then if this is your only car and you love to drive and push cars sometimes (may it be hard accelerations or fast overtaking), XL6 isn't exciting.
Thank you. I love to drive and push cars sometimes, but if it's not going to make a significant difference than the current car polo 1.2 TDI, I am coming from, I am ok. I have never driven any bigger or powerful engine, so I don't miss out anything. For sure, the space and comfort for the kids take more priority. But if the drive, is going to be much sedate than the polo, I may have to think about Carrens then. Otherwise, I am all convinced with xl6. I will have to test drive both though.
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:40   #404
BHPian

1/2 of my 8500 kms in the 2022 XL6 Alpha+ AT has been on highways and with 6 people onboard. I am a sedate driver. Cruising at 100 kmph is not an issue at all. If you want to push the vehicle, then change to manual mode and use the paddle shifts. I have found it useful. It is not for racing for sure. All 6 seats are comfortable, is the feedback from passengers.
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:03   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Otherwise, I am all convinced with xl6.
I drove the previous gen XL6 for about 20K kms

Please do check the current gen Ertiga too. Its the same gen and gearbox. Its priced lower. Comes with lower taxes and lower insurance premiums too. The space in the third row is the same for both XL6 and ertiga. The beige color interiors makes it less claustrophobic in the ertiga. The black and grey in the XL6 makes it claustrophobic and very hot during hot summers.

If you are okay driving manuals then the marazzo is excellent. It’s currently available only through spinny second hand from what I noticed.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks