Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 16:27   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
The second row door, does it have the 3 stop mechanism, while opening and closing?

I own the first gen Ertiga. And it is a pain to keep the door open, when parked on uneven surface.
Replace the door checker.
sagarpadaki is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 17:19   #32
BHPian

As always, very nice review.
Quick question - what are the noticable differences while driving the 6 speed AT compared to the outgoing 4 speed AT?
ags82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 17:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

A six-speed AT from Suzuki from paddle shifters at last. It is a good package except for the lack of six airbags. For now, Carens is still my recommendation for MPV in this price range. It offers so much value with six airbags from the base model.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 19:03   #34
BHPian

How effective are the UV Cut Glasses on the XL6? Is it a gimmick or does actually work?
Old 26th April 2022, 19:45   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
How effective are the UV Cut Glasses on the XL6? Is it a gimmick or does actually work?
Actually work and very effective. Some of the most heavily tinted glass I've seen.

Maruti gets these basics perfect. The Air con itself is a chiller especially the full fledged rear air con unit on the roof. Seat ventilation, tinted glass and even with black interiors in peak summer afternoon the cabin was a chiller.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th April 2022 at 20:56.
Vid6639 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 22:05   #36
BHPian

This is a seriously good attempt by Maruti.
Should appreciate them for stepping up the premium game.

Probably had they given the rear seats also as ventilated, that would have been a USP for their marketing but nevertheless, I see their numbers are going to soar from now.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 22:40   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

I am very keen to have a super reliable, acceptable build quality, good fuel efficiency (not great like my 6 year old Swift does @~20kmpl petrol) and easy to drive car with AT or my drives to hill stations. There are sometimes tricky situations in the undivided highway sections where the plains join the hills, and these roads are usually in very bad to extremely bad conditions conditions. So, just to remain in safe condition I need to overtake or sometimes put extra force on A pedal. And in my trip I struggled a lot with a Maruti AMT for this type of situation. Later, I learnt to use the manual mode.

Seniors and experienced BHPians can easily understood the situations. So, is this 6 speed AT of XL6 good enough in such situation?
FE is the last thing you ought to worry about in the XL6. Even the 4AT delivers upwards of 19kmpl if driven with a light foot in moderate highway traffic (cruise control set to 90kmph and light traffic means easy 20-21kmpl). Do keep in mind that the 4AT was actually rated by ARAI for only 17.xx kmpl. The 6AT rated for 20.xx kmpl so you could imagine the sort of FE it can deliver if driven correctly. What you need to worry about is the lethargic engine which often translates into carefully planned overtakes on single roads. So I would definitely ask you to take a thorough test-drive of the vehicle in that respect before deciding anything.

Source of the above: 2 years and 35k Kms of personal experience with 4AT XL6.

P.P.S: Regarding your doubts about the 6AT, do watch video (the driving section specifically). Ought to address all your doubts about the transmission's characteristics.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 22:58   #38
BHPian

One interesting thing that came out of all the reviews (including T-BHP and YouTube ones) is that
  • All reviewers seem to be quite disappointed with the 6AT

Is the issue with the engine (or) with the gearbox (or) both?

From the reviews I did get a sense that the 6AT gearbox is no different to the old 4AT gearbox and this is quite surprising if true.

Can the vehicle cruise at triple digit figures all day or will that be too much work for this vehicle?
Old 26th April 2022, 23:07   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually work and very effective. Some of the most heavily tinted glass I've seen.

Maruti gets these basics perfect. The Air con itself is a chiller especially the full fledged rear air con unit on the roof. Seat ventilation, tinted glass and even with black interiors in peak summer afternoon the cabin was a chiller.
Could you kindly reconfirm that please? During my visit to the showroom, the sa was categorical that this was only a roof mounted blower and didn’t have any cooling coils. I switched it on in the delhi heat and it seemed like only a blower too (sucking in air from above the front seats and pushing it to the rear).
Would be grateful.
Regards
Old 26th April 2022, 23:40   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Could you kindly reconfirm that please? During my visit to the showroom, the sa was categorical that this was only a roof mounted blower and didn’t have any cooling coils. I switched it on in the delhi heat and it seemed like only a blower too (sucking in air from above the front seats and pushing it to the rear).
Would be grateful.
Regards
Look carefully from the drivers side and you will see an evaporator inside. It is not an independent Air con.

It sucks in cabin air then passes it through the evaporator for cooling it then to the rear of the cabin. You can see that for yourself below as well:

https://oriparts.com/7/952/74549/3784633#item_78046058
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 23:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Refer to this post explained very well by our bhpian Shashi:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5226882 (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)
Knightrider is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 10:34   #42
BHPian

Very well rounded product from MS. Looks good and loaded with goodies. Has everything from Ventilated seats, TMPS, Puddle lamps with a reliable engine and gearbox combination. I’m sure it will score better than the Kia Carens in crash testing too. Will pull a lot of buyers from Carens
midazolam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 15:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
I’m sure it will score better than the Kia Carens in crash testing too. Will pull a lot of buyers from Carens
I am in the market for a reliable 7 seater (95% use as 5 seater but happy to get a 7 seater if within my budget) and had booked both the Carens 1.5NA Presitge and the XL6 Alpha Auto before the launch. But now looking at the prices and rethinking my use case, I am inclined to cancel by XL6 booking.

The 6 seater is a neither here nor there option for me as we need a driver since my parents dont drive. So during the few occassions where my wife and kids join in for a family trip with parents, the XL6 wont suffice. Makes no sense to shell out all this money for an MPV and yet having to hire a taxi when the "MPV" feature is needed. I was secretly hoping that a 7 seater version would be available.

Moving on to the VFM tag, given the new pricing for XL6, the Prestige variant seems super value for money. You get 6 airbags, all disc brakes and an extra seat for 10.69 ex showroom compared to the 11.29L for the XL6 zeta. Plus, the interiors of the Carens looks better in my view. Exterior looks are subjective, so wont go there. In terms of safety, since both are not crash tested, you are left with assessing safety features where again the Carens trumps the XL6. Lack of defogger and rear wiper is the biggest disappointment with the Prestige

Where XL6 gains is that you get an automatic for 12.79L whereas the cheapest auto box from Carens will cost you 14.79L, but with much more power and torque.

I have decided to wait for the new Brezza due to be launched in a month or two, which will meet most of our use cases. But given the updates it is due to receive, I am dreading it would end up being more expensive than the Presitge.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th April 2022 at 23:47. Reason: Extra smiley
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
I am in the market for a reliable 7 seater (95% use as 5 seater but happy to get a 7 seater if within my budget)
Any reason for not looking at the cheaper Ertiga with 7 seats?
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:39   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Any reason for not looking at the cheaper Ertiga with 7 seats?
I dont think I get anything more from an Ertiga that is not offered by the Carens. The Ertiga ZXi+ costs 11.29L whereas the 1.5NA Prestige is cheaper by 60K and offers more air bags, 4 disc brakes and definitely more space in the 3rd row. The fit and finish in the Carens Prestige is also just better. Only things I will miss out are cruise control and ACC, both of which are not essentials. Plus, the Carens looks better than Eritga in my view.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks