Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 11:34   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Crisp review. Great Job Guys!

Would be nice to have the same orange color as sold abroad.

This is the XL6 and Transmission which Maruti should have given us 3 years ago.
TorqMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:37   #17
BHPian

I'm still unconvinced about the quality of the plastics used in the interiors. I believe Kia has done a better job here. Any thoughts or views?.
Old 26th April 2022, 11:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very nice and crisp review, thanks for sharing quickly.

New, updated XL6 is super cool now for sure. Not sure why some people are complaining about higher price. Looking at the features they have added, I must say it's still value for money car. MT offers better value than AT for sure. Within 15-16 Lacs (depending on state) OTR you can get top end model (MT) with so many cool features, makes it most affordable & value for money 6 seater. Changes I liked -

1 Front changed little bit but looks better now.
2 Shark fin antenna, thank God they added it. Looks super cool.
3 UV glasses, super cool.
4 16" tires and those sexy alloys!! Totally changed the look of the car.
5 Ventilated seats are just cool, review mentions that they are better than few segment above cars says it all.
6 Hill assist.
7 6 speed AT for those lazy people
8 Smoked rear lamps looks so cool.

Overall very good and much needed update by Maruti. Hope they will give XL7 option soon. It will make it a complete family car. Hope Maruti is listening.

Last edited by aniketi : 26th April 2022 at 12:04.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Excellent review as always!

All the video reviews are available on YouTube as well! I am going for XL6 alpha AT (more VFM package than Alpha Plus) as compared to 1.4 DCT Carens just because of the reliability of the TC unit as compared to the DCT. My driving would be mostly city and occasional highway trips and I am a customer who is sensitive to fuel economy as well as the price and so the decision.

However, anyone who drives manual, I would recommend to go for 1.4P Carens just because of the features, Look and Feel and overall space (7 seater versus 6 seater) that it offers as compared to the new XL6.

One question though for my fellow current XL6 owner friends in this forum though: Do you think I should got for the Michelin 190/60 R16 immediately after the purchase or run the MRF Wanderers for it's life first? I would be doing the damping in the new car in few months.

Any pointers on the Graphene/Ceramic coating as well as the underbody engine cover in Pune would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards,
Achint
Old 26th April 2022, 12:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

The refreshed XL6 overall seems to be a well-rounded package. In my opinion a 6-speed torque convertor is any day better than a DCT especially in terms of long term reliability. However lack of a TPMS is a big miss, Maruti should have added this useful safety feature. TPMS is now commonly available on many smaller cars a segment below.
Old 26th April 2022, 12:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
However lack of a TPMS is a big miss, Maruti should have added this useful safety feature. TPMS is now commonly available on many smaller cars a segment below.
I believe highline TPMS is there atleast in top end. I saw it in Autocar India Video review.
sreejithkk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:43   #22
BHPian

I am not clear about the M mode in the AT. Whether the gear lever to be slotted in the position marked M and then do any + or - by the gear lever movement to shift the gears?

Or, it will remain in the same gear while we are going from D to M mode? And then we shift through the paddle shifters?

Can the reviewers please elaborate.

I am very keen to have a super reliable, acceptable build quality, good fuel efficiency (not great like my 6 year old Swift does @~20kmpl petrol) and easy to drive car with AT or my drives to hill stations. There are sometimes tricky situations in the undivided highway sections where the plains join the hills, and these roads are usually in very bad to extremely bad conditions conditions. So, just to remain in safe condition I need to overtake or sometimes put extra force on A pedal. And in my trip I struggled a lot with a Maruti AMT for this type of situation. Later, I learnt to use the manual mode.

Seniors and experienced BHPians can easily understood the situations. So, is this 6 speed AT of XL6 good enough in such situation?
Old 26th April 2022, 12:55   #23
BHPian

All the reviews are underwhelming on the performance part. This is strictly a cruiser and with full load and luggage, might be a pain on highways if you want to make brisk progress.

The car looks good though, both the exterior and interior.
Old 26th April 2022, 13:15   #24
BHPian

If the Carens DCT is 9/10 in terms of performance on highway and Triber AMT is 4/10, where does XL6/Ertiga AT stand? Sorry if my question feels too dumb.
Old 26th April 2022, 13:45   #25
BHPian

As usual, awesome and detailed coverage in review!

It almost feels like we got to inspect every aspect of the car from home
Old 26th April 2022, 15:12   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I am not clear about the M mode in the AT. Whether the gear lever to be slotted in the position marked M and then do any + or - by the gear lever movement to shift the gears?
If you want full manual mode, move the shifter to M, and change gears with the paddles. Do remember gears have rev limits, so some shifts may be denied (e.g. gearbox won't downshift below 3 at revs above 3500 rpm).

If you want auto mode with the occasional need to drop a gear or two, leave it in D, and tap the paddles as needed. Gearbox moves back to D by itself after a moment if no further manual shifts are detected.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 15:13   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
As far as I could understand from the reviews there are two ways to get manual control of the gearbox

1. Put it in M mode. The car stays in the gear you select and holds the revs till you shift.

2. In D mode use paddle shifters and the car shifts gears accordingly showing M mode for sometime after which it goes back to D mode and manages shifts on its own.

Seems pretty normal and this is what I gathered. Anyone with clearer knowledge can correct me if I am wrong.

PS: Booked a Alpha AT Grey. Tentative delivery time is mid May
carreragt6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 15:32   #28
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

We understand there's demographic overlap between potential XL6 and Carens customers.

There's a comparison embargo until 02 May, so we'll only be able to answer questions along those lines at a later point in time.

As & when we can, rest assured we'll provide answers with the usual Team-BHP candor.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 15:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

We understand there's demographic overlap between potential XL6 and Carens customers.

There's a comparison embargo until 02 May, so we'll only be able to answer questions along those lines at a later point in time.
These embargoes!

I am one of those who has booked Carens and was hoping I don't get a call from my SA till all the details and reviews are out for the XL6.

I feel the new XL6 looks nice and sporty from outside, thanks to the improved stance because of the 16 inchers. But the interiors of the Carens seem to be better than that of XL6.

Would like to know how is the road-presence of the facelifted XL6 now, compared to Carens (of course when the embargo ends).
Old 26th April 2022, 15:58   #30
BHPian

The second row door, does it have the 3 stop mechanism, while opening and closing?

I own the first gen Ertiga. And it is a pain to keep the door open, when parked on uneven surface.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks