Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:23   #256
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Any further updates from the owners on their current experiences?

We took another test drive and gearbox response does not seem to be a deal breaker but we are still on the fence for now!
With our other booking for MG ZS EV taking forever and delivery being postponed to Aug end or Sep, leaning a bit more toward the Meridian!

Request recent owners to please share their experience over the last few weeks which would provide more insight.
Honestly these 2 cars are poles apart - while ZS is a great city car, fast and with range anxiety on highways, Meridian is more like a relaxed tourer which can take you to places without worry. So slightly strange (do not mean to offend please) these 2 are being compared as final choice.

Though I am not a fan of Meridian (would prefer Compass instead), I still feel Meridian has a character which ZS cannot match. So my suggestion would be Meridian over ZS every single time.

Last edited by sunikkat : 23rd June 2022 at 12:24.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:23   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
So slightly strange (do not mean to offend please) these 2 are being compared as final choice.

Though I am not a fan of Meridian (would prefer Compass instead), I still feel Meridian has a character which ZS cannot match. So my suggestion would be Meridian over ZS every single time.
Thank you very much sunikkat!

Our other cars are Honda BRV (Looking to replace this) and a Seltos DCT.

It is indeed a strange choice to be honest because we are looking for something which is at least a little exclusive and should not be a headache to own! We need it for city driving of ~20 km on a daily basis but something that is plush and brings a smile on our face every time we get into the car!
If we go with MG, we will use it as a city car and stick to our Seltos as a highway cruiser for our road trips (one every quarter, ~1000 kms).
Somewhere we feel with the Meridian, it can play the role of both a city car and highway cruiser!
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 21:21   #258
BHPian

Is there any other variant of the Meridian in the planning ??
I'm asking this because I saw one last Sunday, on Pune Solapur highway. There's a slight uphill after Bhigwan where slow trucks usually occupy both lanes. So I got good look at the test mule, fully camouflaged. How do I know it was the Merridian ? Well it was having production spec headlights and taillights plus the stance easily gave away ! There was no tailpipe emission contraptions on the back of it, so I'm not sure which variant it could be. Once the gap opened up, he was gone in seconds !

Most Viewed