Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 16:07   #481
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Thank you zepp1108 and Jainudit!

Experience has been good so far and like you mentioned too, i look for a reason to take the car out everyday! However, still getting used to the diesel grunt!

Yesterday by accident i noticed a simple feature that actually helps & I was not aware of earlier - the front doors have a small light to help locate any items we keep in the bottle holder space - i found it very useful since i had placed the house keys there and the light helped us see it in our dark basement parking; hope to discover such nifty features as we drive and experience our Jeep more
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:33   #482
BHPian

Update after 1 week and 250 km with the Meridian:

Positives:
- Love the vehicle feel as soon as we sit inside; brings on a huge smile!
- Lovely cruiser and suits my style of driving
- Wonderful suspension just gobbles up the bad roads - so so different from our Seltos!
- Enjoyable music experience
- Love the wireless car play; such a boon and no wires lying outside unnecessarily!
- Love that sun/ moon roof - our first car with such a set up!
- Wonderful seats & ventilated seats work well too
- A/C has been superb so far for the middle and rear seats too (of course outside temperatures in Bengaluru haven't gone above 25 degrees so far & our A/C is set at 22 degrees, auto mode)
- Not had any trouble with overtakes in the limited driving so far
- Easy to manoeuvre in city and ability to take U-turns considering it is such a big car!
- Like the usefulness of nifty features such as lights in the glovebox, light in the door illuminating contents placed in the bottle holder space, lumbar support for the front seats, 360 camera (extremely useful to navigate small roads with cars parked on both sides!), auto dimming IVRM & side steps helping with ingress

Things which could have been better:
- Indication on mirror to know whether the indicator is on or not!
- Not having an inbuilt sunshade (similar to my Seltos) in such an expensive car is certainly a big miss! We do have the magnetic shades but need to take it off every time we don't need it.
- Accelerator pedal could have been a little less stiff! Or it could be the angle and I am getting used to it slowly.
- Slightly heavy steering (compared to seltos; again may take getting used to with time).
- Sliding middle seat would have been a good addition to use - especially with ingress for older people in the family
- City mileage is at a shocking 5.5 km/l - Hoping this goes up to at least 7 or 8!

Overall we are very happy with the car and loving every bit of it! Unfortunately we could not take her out for a long drive due to a sudden family commitment. Look to do that soon!
car-o-holic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 14:50   #483
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Congratulations to all of you on your Jeeps.

I am contemplating Meridian 4x4 for my family of 3 humans and 2 canines and so far after the test drive it looks like the car for us.
I have a few queries
1. Does Meridian have a Ncap rating? Safety is very high priority for me.
2. Does Gurgaon has Bharat Registration open? I live in Bangalore but obviously no BH registration. I might be moving on from Bangalore so do not want to be troubled by Traffic police of any state if i do move.

Also, if someone who has bought from Gurgaon can share his SA number i would be obliged.

Thank You
Old 29th January 2023, 11:53   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
Hey Guys,

I am contemplating Meridian 4x4 for my family of 3 humans and 2 canines and so far after the test drive it looks like the car for us.
I have a few queries
2. Does Gurgaon has Bharat Registration open? I live in Bangalore but obviously no BH registration. I might be moving on from Bangalore so do not want to be troubled by Traffic police of any state if i do move.

Also, if someone who has bought from Gurgaon can share his SA number i would be obliged.

Thank You
I bought a Compass from Delhi, but I'd be happy to share his number with you. Good chap and gave me a fair deal.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 02:08   #485

I am trying to buy 2022 make 4x2 Limited Optional Meridian from Jeep Landmark Mumbai. I went for PDI over the weekend to the stockyard before finalizing payment and discovered that I have been allocated a showroom display vehicle instead of a fresh unused stock vehicle. The vehicle had run about 87km already before even going for registration. The dealer initially did not agree that it is display vehicle but later confessed and mentioned it is a typical practise to rotate their stock vehicles as display vehicles until they are sold. I have not experienced this situation earliar I have always purchased vehicles which have waiting. This will be the first time I am looking to buy stock vehicle. Dealer can not gaurantee or rather find a stock vehicle that is not used for display and also has not run less than 75+ km. The dealer is saying if you need non display vehicle then buy 2023 vehicle at less discount (1.5 Lakhs for 2023 vs 2.5 Lakhs for 2022 on Ex showroom value). Is this a normal practise for stock vehicles? Is it a good idea to go ahead for stock display vehicle from 2022 or should I look at 2023 with 1 lakh less discount? Any suggestions from experienced forum members?
Cars4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 07:49   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars4ever View Post
I am trying to buy 2022 make 4x2 Limited Optional Meridian from Jeep Landmark Mumbai. The dealer is saying if you need non display vehicle then buy 2023 vehicle at less discount (1.5 Lakhs for 2023 vs 2.5 Lakhs for 2022 on Ex showroom value). Is this a normal practise for stock vehicles? Is it a good idea to go ahead for stock display vehicle from 2022 or should I look at 2023 with 1 lakh less discount? Any suggestions from experienced forum members?
I would recommend you buy a 2023 manufactured car. What you pay extra now ( in terms of lower discounts on a 2023 car), you will recover partially during re-sale since during re-sale only manufactured year would be considered. Also, a 2023 manufactured car will ensure that its brand new and not a car that has been lying around with the dealer as a display car etc.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 08:43   #487
BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to buy 2022 make 4x2 Limited Optional Meridian from Jeep Landmark Mumbai. I went for PDI over the weekend to the stockyard before finalizing payment and discovered that I have been allocated a showroom display vehicle instead of a fresh unused stock vehicle. The vehicle had run about 87km already before even going for registration. The dealer initially did not agree that it is display vehicle but later confessed and mentioned it is a typical practise to rotate their stock vehicles as display vehicles until they are sold. I have not experienced this situation earliar I have always purchased vehicles which have waiting. This will be the first time I am looking to buy stock vehicle. Dealer can not gaurantee or rather find a stock vehicle that is not used for display and also has not run less than 75+ km. The dealer is saying if you need non display vehicle then buy 2023 vehicle at less discount (1.5 Lakhs for 2023 vs 2.5 Lakhs for 2022 on Ex showroom value). Is this a normal practise for stock vehicles? Is it a good idea to go ahead for stock display vehicle from 2022 or should I look at 2023 with 1 lakh less discount? Any suggestions from experienced forum members?
I had enquired about Meridian on last Sunday. Was told by Jeep customer care that 2023 vehicles carry a 2 lakhs discount and 2023 carry a 1.5 lakhs discount. This was without even showing any urgency. A little negotiation could fetch more discounts I think. That said, if 2022 is a display vehicle then better to stick to a 2023 manufactured one. You are still getting a discount albeit lower.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 08:57   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it a good idea to go ahead for stock display vehicle from 2022 or should I look at 2023 with 1 lakh less discount? Any suggestions from experienced forum members?
Yes, display vehicles will be on rotation basis. If you are considering 2022 vehicle, then do a proper PDI (especially all the door latches and locks, windows up/down, hand brake, all buttons, bonnet, display unit, pedal movements etc) and negotiate for more discount as well. In my opinion, difference of 1L is less.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 09:18   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I had enquired about Meridian on last Sunday. Was told by Jeep customer care that 2023 vehicles carry a 2 lakhs discount and 2023 carry a 1.5 lakhs discount. This was without even showing any urgency. A little negotiation could fetch more discounts I think. That said, if 2022 is a display vehicle then better to stick to a 2023 manufactured one. You are still getting a discount albeit lower.
Ex showroom discount is 2.5 Lakhs on 2022 vehicles. I was able to negotiate 30k as corporate discount and got them to wave off 20k of handling charges. Besides this they were offering discount on insurance (which was very high to begin with), but I opted to do insurance on my own.They don't seem to have more margin for discounts further since as per them they have already lowered the price by 3 L ( 2.5L + 30k corporate + 20k handling charges). Seemed like a good deal until I discovered they have all display vehicles now.

I am now strongly considering 2023 vehicle. The discounts here would be 1.5L + 30k corporate + 20k handling charges waved off. Seems like they had 2L (199,800 to be precise) from September 2022 last year on same year make new vehicles (non display). They have dropped that to 1.5 L now and offering 2.5 L only on stock display vehicles. There is also some minor price increase (I believe 20k) from Jan. So in summary the same year make non display vehicle in sept-oct 2022 was cheaper by 70k (50k more discount + 20k price differential), however it seems justified to pay 70k more for 2023 new and non display vehicle. The display vehicles are much cheaper though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, display vehicles will be on rotation basis. If you are considering 2022 vehicle, then do a proper PDI (especially all the door latches and locks, windows up/down, hand brake, all buttons, bonnet, display unit, pedal movements etc) and negotiate for more discount as well. In my opinion, difference of 1L is less.
Yes that has been on my mind. Hence we went for PDI over the weekend (with the Teambhp PDI checklist) to their stockyard and discovered that they are selling the display vehicles now. The 1L differential is the company offer for January. They seem to have exhausted most of 4x2 inventory however 4x4 inventory is still there in good numbers. But the dealer was not ready to negotiate further. I was also disappointed due to lack of transparency on the display vehicles until I questioned multiple times and had them confess it. I had clarified before going for PDI that I will purchase only if it is a non display vehicle and they finally said they missed out on that request!! With only 1 day left for Feb, I am wondering if the discounts will change for Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a few queries

Thank You
Don't think Meridian is tested by NCAP yet. Haven't seen anything on that. The Indian spec Compass is also not tested by NCAP. However the Indian made Compass for other markets like Australia scored 5 stars and Meridian which is based on Compass would ideally score equally well. I don't think you can go wrong with Meridian on the safety front. It seems very solidly built and safety has been one of major selling points for Compass as well. I was very impressed with the build quality of Meridian during the test drive and I am.almost on the verge of finalizing 4x2 variant.

Mod Note: Please use multi-quote feature when responding to multiple posts in one go. Thanks!

Last edited by ampere : 31st January 2023 at 09:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Cars4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:49   #490

@car-o-holic congratulations on your new vehicle.
Happy miles to you and family.
Cremebiscuit69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 23:09   #491

Hi

I too own a 4*4 Meridian Top Spec. I thought of sharing my experience vis-à-vis the mileage. I have completed around 2500 Km with a mix of city and highway drive.

Firstly, mileage within city has increased to 7-8. Its quite good on highways but my major driving is in Bengaluru city (Hectic traffic).

Secondly, try measuring your present mileage using trip B. Results may surprise you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Update after 1 week and 250 km with the Meridian:

Things which could have been better:

- City mileage is at a shocking 5.5 km/l - Hoping this goes up to at least 7 or 8!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st February 2023 at 06:30. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
GentlemanOnRoad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:23   #492
BHPian

I was finalising the jeep meridian after going through this thread and multiple drives, we needed a reliable mile muncher car for which fortuner came in mind but the ride quality and butch look was something we were not comfortable with.

I am getting a good deal from landmark noida on a 2022 ( oct made) limited option manual but through some other dealer in the north i am getting a fresh 2023 in the colour I want for 70k more. What do you guys think? I felt the newer car might have less niggles too.

What do people who get sit more in the backseat think of the rear seat space and comfort?

Fingers crossed for reliability because this machine is going to do 20-30k km a year
jayanttalwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 14:49   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post

What do people who get sit more in the backseat think of the rear seat space and comfort?
My family comprising adults who are between 5 ft 2 & 5 ft. 8 have found it comfortable during city drives and my son who is 4 ft 5 is very comfortable in the last row of seats & loves the vent on top!
A/C has not been an issue so far for back seats with our setting between 21-22 deg and auto mode on, but then Bangalore weather has been cool so far and we will know the A/C's performance adequacy in the coming months as Summer sets in!
Suspension has been wonderful and family loves the Jeep ride comfort more than our Seltos or BRV; however, please do check if you have older folk and their ability to ingress - not an issue for us at the moment with the side step accessory.

PS: However, please be aware that the last row of seats is good only for kids and i don't think adults would be able to manage there.

I would not want to comment on the 2022 Vs 2023 option and would let the experienced folk take that up. However, you could check with the dealer quoting the other vehicle's availability to see if they can sweeten the deal further for the 2022 Jeep!

All the best with your decision!

Last edited by car-o-holic : 2nd February 2023 at 14:50. Reason: Corrected a couple of typos.
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 21:26   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
I was finalising the jeep meridian after going through this thread and multiple drives, we needed a reliable mile muncher car for which fortuner came in mind but the ride quality and butch look was something we were not comfortable with.

I am getting a good deal from landmark noida on a 2022 ( oct made) limited option manual but through some other dealer in the north i am getting a fresh 2023 in the colour I want for 70k more. What do you guys think? I felt the newer car might have less niggles too.

Fingers crossed for reliability because this machine is going to do 20-30k km a year
For the 2022 vehicle, please do PDI carefully before you make the payments. I was originally intending to go for 2022 vehicle, but changed my mind after PDI and recommendations from the forum here. The vehicle allocated to me was a showroom display vehicle and feel of the vehicle was not the same of a brand new one. Hence I did not fully complete the PDI checklist inspection and rejected the vehicle. The other 2022 vehicles were also some marketing event display/test vehicles or showroom display vehicles. The diference in Mumbai offered by Landmark is 1L between 2022 and 2023 vehicle. I have been allocated a Jan 2023 vehicle now and waiting for delivery in 1-2 weeks.
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:25   #495
BHPian

Quote:
For the 2022 vehicle, please do PDI carefully before you make the payments. I was originally intending to go for 2022 vehicle, but changed my mind after PDI and recommendations from the forum here. The vehicle allocated to me was a showroom display vehicle and feel of the vehicle was not the same of a brand new one. Hence I did not fully complete the PDI checklist inspection and rejected the vehicle. The other 2022 vehicles were also some marketing event display/test vehicles or showroom display vehicles. The diference in Mumbai offered by Landmark is 1L between 2022 and 2023 vehicle. I have been allocated a Jan 2023 vehicle now and waiting for delivery in 1-2 weeks.

For piece of mind and a difference of 70k I have also changed my booking to a 2023 model. If the car did not have minor issues in 2022 i would have gone for it but i hope rattling kind of issues have been ironed out now.

I also get the green colour I wanted

Jeep chandigarh is giving me a sweet deal too
jayanttalwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks