Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:38   #496

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
For piece of mind and a difference of 70k I have also changed my booking to a 2023 model. If the car did not have minor issues in 2022 i would have gone for it but i hope rattling kind of issues have been ironed out now.

I also get the green colour I wanted

Jeep chandigarh is giving me a sweet deal too
This indeed is a very good decision! I have got the green colour as well! I completed the PDI of the 2023 vehicle today and it looks great! Waiting for the delivery now after my lease process approval.
Cars4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 13:58   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars4ever View Post
This indeed is a very good decision! I have got the green colour as well! I completed the PDI of the 2023 vehicle today and it looks great! Waiting for the delivery now after my lease process approval.
Is there any actual communication that Meridian 2023 has ironed issues out?
Old 10th February 2023, 16:05   #498
BHPian

Can Meridian owners, please share real-world mileage in both City and High-ways. I am at crossroads of Meridian vs. Hycross.

However, my daily commute is ~100KM (Gurgaon-Noida-Gurgaon), so looking at an option which is both comfortable and luxurious, but also doesn't burn a hole in the pocket on a long-term basis.

Looking for genuine feedback and advice.

Thanks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th February 2023 at 17:04. Reason: Minor typo.
mountainboy1213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 17:07   #499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Can Meridian owners, please share real-world mileage in both City and High-ways. I am at crossroads of Meridian vs. Hycross.

However, my daily commute is ~100KM (Gurgaon-Noida-Gurgaon), so looking at an option which is both comfortable and luxurious, but also doesn't burn a hole in the pocket on a long-term basis.
This is a non contest. With a 100 km daily run, go for the Hycross without a doubt. I would not bet on more than 8 kmpl in the city and its not super high on FE on highways either (expect sub 14 kmpl on highways). I’m padding a bit from what I get but I am in the WORST city traffic ever so I’m adjusting for that a bit.

The fact that the Hycross is not a diesel is an additional factor for NCR but even just on FE alone the Hycross should be the default choice over the Meridian for your volume of running.
Old 10th February 2023, 17:59   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post

Looking for genuine feedback and advice.

Thanks!
Looking at your use case, NGT-Petrol vs. diesel should not matter. By the time you hit 7-8 years, the car would have covered 200,00km already and you would probably sell it off by then. Gurgaon- Noida will not entirely be a city drive as you get a lot of highway in between. I do around 75km daily (Gurgaon-Delhi) in my 4x4 diesel Compass. The only saviour is that the Compass feels like a nice place to be in. I get 12kmpl. So the Meridian should give you at least 10. Get something that’s enjoyable and nice (read comfortable and luxurious).
Old 11th February 2023, 13:33   #501
BHPian

Hello!

Does anyone know if the current engine is compatible with the new BS6 norms from April 2023 onwards?

Thanks!!
mountainboy1213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 11:23   #502
BHPian

I read somewhere in this thread on no option of stationary dpf regeneration in meridian. Should i be worried about this. Asking this because at the moment Meridian is the car i am finalising after exhaustive wait and watch for 2 years and this ticks the right boxes for me considering the requirements.

Most of my travel is going to be in south which has good highways but i also wish to do a journey to the himalayas especially ladakh with the car.
Old 18th February 2023, 13:19   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
I read somewhere in this thread on no option of stationary dpf regeneration in meridian. Should i be worried about this. Asking this because at the moment Meridian is the car i am finalising after exhaustive wait and watch for 2 years and this ticks the right boxes for me considering the requirements.

Most of my travel is going to be in south which has good highways but i also wish to do a journey to the himalayas especially ladakh with the car.
Dont worry about DPF. Since you drive in good highways this should not be a problem. Also, about the Himalayas - I have done Zanskar and put my Compass in some of harshest conditions any car would ever go through in their entire life time. And I survived while the Thar that went with me did not. Having said that, you cannot baby (read low rpm) in high altitude too much. Keep an eye on the DEF meter and carry jars of DEF (applicable to all modern diesel cars) and you should be fine.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 19:44   #504

Hi fellow BHPians and Meridian enthusiasts, Proud to announce that I have cancelled the Tucson booking and booked Meridian Limited (O) 4X4 yesterday from Landmark Gurugram. The decision was instant and love-at-first-sight when I test drove the Meridian yesterday morning. Before the end of the day, the cheque of booking amount had exchanged hands!! I have been assured of getting the vehicle this weekend by the dealer.

Just a few doubts… I have opted for Techno Metallic Green. I was shown the vehicle on demonstration at the showroom - a Techno Metallic Green. How do I ensure that is not the same vehicle I will get? Because, I noticed that it has a misfitting side panel on the door. Also, lots of cloth wipe scratches on the bonnet, due to constant wiping. I am apprehensive about this.

Although I have checked the PDI thread, any other advise that I need to take care of? My apprehensions come out of the fact the just yesterday I was told I will get the vehicle by weekend and today I was told it has already been despatched and is enroute to Gurugram and expected to reach tomorrow. Kahin aisa to nahin demo wali gaadi pakda dein!! (Any chances of them handing me the demo vehicle on display at the showroom?)
Major Sahab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:34   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sahab View Post
Just a few doubts… I have opted for Techno Metallic Green. I was shown the vehicle on demonstration at the showroom - a Techno Metallic Green. How do I ensure that is not the same vehicle I will get? Because, I noticed that it has a misfitting side panel on the door. Also, lots of cloth wipe scratches on the bonnet, due to constant wiping. I am apprehensive about this.

Although I have checked the PDI thread, any other advise that I need to take care of? My apprehensions come out of the fact the just yesterday I was told I will get the vehicle by weekend and today I was told it has already been despatched and is enroute to Gurugram and expected to reach tomorrow. Kahin aisa to nahin demo wali gaadi pakda dein!! (Any chances of them handing me the demo vehicle on display at the showroom?)
Heartiest congratulations on booking the Meridian. Its a lovely vehicle.
As far as your query is concerned, you can ask the SA to share the VIN Number of the vehicle with you. Then you can cross check it with the demo vehicle that was shown to you in the showroom. This is the best and easiest method in my opinion.
HappyRoadie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:41   #506

Thanks a lots Happy Roadie for the quick response. I plan to visit the showroom tomorrow once more - just to see if that display vehicle is still present. That’s the only way I can check the VIN of it. Or, is there any other way? I made a mistake of not checking the VIN during the display visit. Anyways, fingers crossed. Thanx nevertheless.
Major Sahab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 06:10   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lots Happy Roadie for the quick response. I plan to visit the showroom tomorrow once more - just to see if that display vehicle is still present. That’s the only way I can check the VIN of it. Or, is there any other way? I made a mistake of not checking the VIN during the display visit. Anyways, fingers crossed. Thanx nevertheless.
No need to worry. Just make sure that you ask the Sales person to give you the VIN of the vehicle that has been allotted to you. You can decode it to find out the year and month of manufacturing. And once the vehicle arrives do a thorough PDI. Might be possible that the vehicle is already present with the dealer in their stockyard.
HappyRoadie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:27   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow BHPians and Meridian enthusiasts, Proud to announce that I have cancelled the Tucson booking and booked Meridian Limited (O) 4X4 yesterday from Landmark Gurugram. The decision was instant and love-at-first-sight when I test drove the Meridian yesterday morning. Before the end of the day, the cheque of booking amount had exchanged hands!! I have been assured of getting the vehicle this weekend by the dealer.

Do check the vin, month of manufacturing etc. Best is to see if the demo vehicle is still there after your PDI . I have also booked the same car but I am concerned about the new bs6 norms as i live in delhi. Dealers say price will increase next month but i do not want to be stuck in a position where i cannot drive my new car in a few years some parts of the year

What deal did you get?
jayanttalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:23   #509

Hi Jayanttalwar,
Thanx for the tips. I just did the PDI today (taking the delivery on Friday). I kept these points in mind. The display vehicle was still present at the same spot!! So, no issues.

I followed the check list provided at the various BHP discussions. Honestly, it was useful.

As for the deal, I got 1.5 Lac discount on the Jan manufactured car (3565000.00 ex showroom) A further waiver of del and doc charges - 41300.00. Additional discount of 15000.00 for Retd defence personnel.

Total cost I paid was 4057280.00.

If I am not wrong this model is BS6 compliant. Or that is what my Sales rep told me. In fact the diesel variant comes in BS6 only.

Basking in the expectation of collecting the vehicle on Friday while still wondering if I got a good deal!!
Major Sahab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:50   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jayanttalwar,
Thanx for the tips. I just did the PDI today (taking the delivery on Friday). I kept these points in mind. The display vehicle was still present at the same spot!! So, no issues.

I followed the check list provided at the various BHP discussions. Honestly, it was useful.

As for the deal, I got 1.5 Lac discount on the Jan manufactured car (3565000.00 ex showroom) A further waiver of del and doc charges - 41300.00. Additional discount of 15000.00 for Retd defence personnel.

Total cost I paid was 4057280.00.

If I am not wrong this model is BS6 compliant. Or that is what my Sales rep told me. In fact the diesel variant comes in BS6 only.

Basking in the expectation of collecting the vehicle on Friday while still wondering if I got a good deal!!
That seems like a good deal, I am getting a limited option manual feb manufactured in chandigarh for 33.2, the tax rate is much lesser hence i cancelled my booking in delhi and got it from there. Similar discount as yours so I think you are getting a good deal.

I am just worried for bs6.2 and new rules in delhi in the future but waiting till april means the car will cost even more
jayanttalwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed