Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 09:56   #541
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

First free servicing/checkup:

This weekend my Meridian had it's first servicing (check-up mostly). The car was picked-up and dropped by Landmark in Gurgaon, which was chargeable. The servicing was free, so no itches. They did some software update which nearly takes 3 hours. I can feel some improvement in Air Conditioning and the engine noise. So overall I am satisfied with the servicing.

A side question:
Does keeping the vehicle in sun really affects the colour/shade? I am struggling to find a parking at my office and I have to keep it parked outside the building in open. I had got a ceramic coating done on the car. Any thing that I should do to protect the paint on the car, given it's standing outside in 40 degrees. What more damage can the heat do? Let me know, please.

Thanks
zepp1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 00:11   #542
BHPian

5000 Km Update..!

Having a great time with this beast. Have already covered 5000 kms, car will be going for its first service in couple of days. I’m in Love with Meridian. Have connected to a deeper level with this car and it already feels close to my heart.

Best part of Meridian
1) Amazing visibility in night with the OEM fitted Lights.
2) The seat are a bit hard but we have gotten familiar with it and it provides great comfort.
3) The car is in no way underpowered but sudden overtakes take a little bit get going.
4) Please do not compare this engine with harrier/Safari. The tuning is so different and amazing, which is proportionate to the weight of this car. This is the major reason why we get 12-13 Mileage over a 16-17 Mileage of Harrier.
5) Meridian has different level of road presence and people are stunned to see this beast which is not very common.
6) Amazing Music setup.

Worst Part
1) The Door lining has already started to rattle, have got a confirmation from the ASC to change them in the first service under warranty.
2) There are minor rattles from the dash and centre console. (They are not at all audible when the music system is on)

I hope the ASC will rectify all the rattling sounds. (I’m ready to replace a part if needed to stop the rattling sound. It just spoils our great driving experience.)

Some photos for you to checkout..!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-5676e7060f4449518d94947cdf01c199.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-c8a6d20047574e4c8a1f3e891d99ab17.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-4786c2fd2f834683a50f9dca853cc2b2.jpeg  

Starwar19 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 08:22   #543
BHPian

My Jeep life app has stopped updating since 21-Apr.
I logged out of the app, switched off the phone and switched it back, logged in again but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else facing a similar issue?

Any suggestions to get it working?
Old 1st May 2023, 11:28   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
My Jeep life app has stopped updating since 21-Apr.
I logged out of the app, switched off the phone and switched it back, logged in again but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else facing a similar issue?

Any suggestions to get it working?
I had the same issue and tried all different ways to get it resolved but in vain. As a final resort, sent an email to service.indiajeep@stellantis.com and my dealer.

Received a call from Jeep Support 2 days later and the app started syncing the updates later that day. Not sure what they did, but it started working and no issues so far.
Motupallee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:14   #545

Hi all - have been a silent spectator on this thread for quite some time and has really helped me out with a lot of information.

I have an XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD booking with an expected date of May 2024. My current XUV500 is prone to a lot of issues that Mahindra has failed to fix multiple times. I’m rethinking my decision to stay with Mahindra and to instead go for the Jeep Meridian Limited Plus X variant both to avoid the wait and for having lost faith in Mahindra. Dealer is just providing an ex-showroom discount of 65k (after a LOT of negotiating) and I’m getting insurance done outside which saves me an additional 1.1L. Pretty sure I can get some deal on accessories as well.

Is the 8 lac premium over the 700 worth it? I test drove multiple times and loved everything about the Meridian apart from the third row space and reduced performance (the XUVs have spoiled me!) I can somehow live with the former since my family doesn’t comprise of very tall folks and I mostly need the third row for our pet but the performance - does it hit you hard in the long run? Thanks in advance!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 23:38   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathv6793 View Post
Hi all - have been a silent spectator on this thread for quite some time and has really helped me out with a lot of information.

I have an XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD booking with an expected date of May 2024. My current XUV500 is prone to a lot of issues that Mahindra has failed to fix multiple times. I’m rethinking my decision to stay with Mahindra and to instead go for the Jeep Meridian Limited Plus X variant both to avoid the wait and for having lost faith in Mahindra. Dealer is just providing an ex-showroom discount of 65k (after a LOT of negotiating) and I’m getting insurance done outside which saves me an additional 1.1L. Pretty sure I can get some deal on accessories as well.

Is the 8 lac premium over the 700 worth it? I test drove multiple times and loved everything about the Meridian apart from the third row space and reduced performance (the XUVs have spoiled me!) I can somehow live with the former since my family doesn’t comprise of very tall folks and I mostly need the third row for our pet but the performance - does it hit you hard in the long run? Thanks in advance!
I’d spend the extra money and get the Meridian. The interior premiumness and brand aura are worth the difference I guess. 8 lacs delta is the kind of difference that makes one confused though. 5 lac makes you jump the gun immediately and anything more than 10 lac means you are likely to stay put.

Let us know what you decide

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 2nd May 2023 at 23:40.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:34   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I’d spend the extra money and get the Meridian. The interior premiumness and brand aura are worth the difference I guess. 8 lacs delta is the kind of difference that makes one confused though. 5 lac makes you jump the gun immediately and anything more than 10 lac means you are likely to stay put.

Let us know what you decide
Thanks for the suggestion!

You read my mind. At the rate Mahindra is going with price increases for the 700, the difference might just be around the 5 lac point by the time I actually get the delivery. But there is that small chance of an early delivery and the 8 lac price difference stays. Got to say these waiting times are literally toying with our heads.

Will definitely update on what I decide eventually, but at the moment, the confusion is prevalent!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 01:29   #548
BHPian

Quote:

I was also in the same dilemma a month ago. I would suggest you to test drive both the cars once again and go for the one that you instantly connect with.
Mahindra is closing in the gap very quickly in terms of pricing.

List down the points that pull you to a particular car and also mention the misses on a particular car that are important to you. So you will get a clear picture of what you can let go and what drives you towards the car.

The Quality and Plushness that this car offers is just phenomenal. The Meridians being very limited in the market, people contemplate it for Grand Cherokee or a very premium SUV.

Also there have been a lot of XUVs in the market already, try your hands on an Unique offering.

I would rather own something very unique and not go for a mass choice just to maintain my differentiation (This is a very personal choice and opinion).
Starwar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 01:35   #549
BHPian

Quote:

Dealer is just providing an ex-showroom discount of 65k (after a LOT of negotiating) and I’m getting insurance done outside which saves me an additional 1.1L. Pretty sure I can get some deal on accessories as well.
If you wish to go for the Meridian, try contacting near by dealers from your area. You also look out for dealers out of your city, Tier-2/3 city dealers can get you the best possible discounts and prices.

I had contacted multiple dealers and had negotiated them with the comparative prices that other dealers were offering.
I found Pune dealer couldn’t match the Quote of Kolhapur dealer. (Not even in the extended Warranty)

(If you wish, I can get you a Price that my dealer is offering here)
Old 5th May 2023, 11:39   #550
BHPian

Is this true? With these kind of discounts, the price would be within touching distance of Compass.
Attached Images

Old 5th May 2023, 12:00   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
If you wish to go for the Meridian, try contacting near by dealers from your area. You also look out for dealers out of your city, Tier-2/3 city dealers can get you the best possible discounts and prices.

I had contacted multiple dealers and had negotiated them with the comparative prices that other dealers were offering.
I found Pune dealer couldn’t match the Quote of Kolhapur dealer. (Not even in the extended Warranty)

(If you wish, I can get you a Price that my dealer is offering here)
Thanks a lot, Starwar19! But wouldn't it be a hassle in terms of registration and transportation? The nearest I have outside Bangalore is either Chennai or Kochi, which would be an inter-state hassle. Could you let me know an estimate of how much it cost you to get it done?

Quote:
I was also in the same dilemma a month ago. I would suggest you to test drive both the cars once again and go for the one that you instantly connect with.
Mahindra is closing in the gap very quickly in terms of pricing.

List down the points that pull you to a particular car and also mention the misses on a particular car that are important to you. So you will get a clear picture of what you can let go and what drives you towards the car.

The Quality and Plushness that this car offers is just phenomenal. The Meridians being very limited in the market, people contemplate it for Grand Cherokee or a very premium SUV.

Also there have been a lot of XUVs in the market already, try your hands on an Unique offering.

I would rather own something very unique and not go for a mass choice just to maintain my differentiation (This is a very personal choice and opinion).
It seems we are of the same mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Is this true? With these kind of discounts, the price would be within touching distance of Compass.
I checked with the dealer. Apparently, it is kind of a lucky draw that they do once you book yours. Based on the draw, you can get the discount or some other offer.
Old 5th May 2023, 13:24   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Starwar19! But wouldn't it be a hassle in terms of registration and transportation? The nearest I have outside Bangalore is either Chennai or Kochi, which would be an inter-state hassle. Could you let me know an estimate of how much it cost you to get it done?
I will ask my SA to give this estimation along with all the registration and transport. I suppose you will have to drive the car from Kolhapur to bangalore which is 600+kms. But I think the online rto registration will help us.

If you are serious about going for Meridian, let me know, I will get all the details from delearship principle here.
Please let me know your model and color of your choice.
Old 7th May 2023, 18:13   #553

Quote:
I will ask my SA to give this estimation along with all the registration and transport. I suppose you will have to drive the car from Kolhapur to bangalore which is 600+kms. But I think the online rto registration will help us.

If you are serious about going for Meridian, let me know, I will get all the details from delearship principle here.
Please let me know your model and color of your choice.
Appreciate the gesture, Starwar19! I actually decided to go ahead and book with this dealer. It’s a discount of 65k ex-showroom and another 1.1lacs on the insurance which is not too bad. Also getting a good offer on accessories. Expecting delivery by end of this month although a friend is forcing me to test drive the Fortuner tomorrow - will update on my experience soon!

I’m pretty sure I will stick with the Meridian as I’m already sold on it but I’m still a little concerned about servicing. I’m at the mercy of pretty much just one service center for any issues. How has your service experience been so far?
Old 11th May 2023, 19:52   #554

Quote:
I’m pretty sure I will stick with the Meridian as I’m already sold on it but I’m still a little concerned about servicing.
Turns out I have to eat my own words. After multiple test drives, brain racking and YouTube/TeamBHP research, finally decided to cancel the Meridian booking and go for the Fortuner.

I was pretty much set on Meridian and it seemed to suit all my needs. It’s just - the Fortuner spoiled me. The performance, the cabin space and the much talked about reliability along with the service center availability all around was something I never knew I needed but realized after the test drive.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love the Meridian. But seeing the overcrowded Stellantis service center (which was right below the showroom), the discount I got on the Fortuner along with a good exchange for my XUV500, and the wife’s insistence to get a trusted brand in our garage (maybe later get a small EV somewhere down the line) just made sense.
sharathv6793 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 21:33   #555
BHPian

Heads Up: After the first servicing, the JeepLife does not show the lock/unlock function. This is due to some software update they did. The application has lost connectivity with the Jeep server. Some technician will be visiting to fix this issue.

Now, some praise for the vehicle. I cannot explain how convenient parking has become using the 360 camera. I can very confidently park in any cramped space, given the vehicle can be parked. I had this struggle with my earlier car - Hyundai Creta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks