Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 09:20   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Thanks to Aniket Joshi for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi Team-BHP,

I wanted to share my observation regarding the Jeep Meridian. A couple of days ago, I was driving behind a brand new Jeep Meridian in Pune. It came to my notice that the exhaust pipes were hanging a bit lower than usual. I took a snap as quickly as possible, as the vehicle was moving fast ahead of me. I have not seen this in any review on YouTube nor is it visible in the Team-BHP review.

My guess is that it was either damaged due to some reason or was hanging lower than usual. However, I would like to check if this is a potential issue with the design which might affect the vehicle while off-roading? I am attaching both images for your reference. Thank you.

Regards,
Aniket Joshi
Happy owner of Kia Carens Auto Luxury Plus 1.5 Diesel - thanks to Team-BHP!
Jeep Meridian Review-2022jeepmeridian12.jpg

Jeep Meridian Review-img_20220526_070007.jpg
RahulNagaraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 21:50   #197
BHPian

Thanks, SPKRNH for the fair assessment. Yes, If it was 4L cheaper, I would have gone for it. I would have removed the 3rd-row seats and made some modifications to the second row - like push it back, then I would have a perfect touring car for the family with all the luggage. But Alas, Jeep has let me down
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 18:55   #198
BHPian

Someone not aware of the prices of Compass/Meridian would be delighted at the below price. Came across when googled Jeep Meridian.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-jm.png  

Old 30th May 2022, 21:16   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Someone not aware of the prices of Compass/Meridian would be delighted at the below price. Came across when googled Jeep Meridian.
Have the discounts already started???
Old 30th May 2022, 22:27   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Have the discounts already started???
It should have been ex-showroom price instead of on road. Have previously seen such ads for Compass.
Old 1st June 2022, 11:19   #201
BHPian

Jeep still continues to test the Meridian. I am finding 2 test mules almost every day on my way to office from Sangamwadi till Hadapsar Bypss signal on Pune Nagar road.

Please pardon for the pictures as I have clicked these on the go ( at the speed of 20).

Notice the tube at exhaust position.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-e8352e046be340a583c04c85a008e13e.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-d435f10288a54c488c4d6f952740d5b9.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-9b6661f6d1cc462993d6b0f684ded40a.jpeg  

Guru_Shikhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 08:58   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Meridian vs Fortuner

CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 13:34   #203
BHPian

Folks, I am not able to get an official confirmation from Jeep or dealer on exact ground clearance of Meridian. There is confusion between 203 or 214 mm.

Though Jeep commander in Brazil has 214 mm for its 4x4 model, Jeep India is mum on this. If it’s 203 then it is significantly lower for my use.

Would appreciate any help on getting confirmation from Jeep India. I know Team BHP review mentions 214 but there is no confirmation per se from Jeep on this.
Old 4th June 2022, 15:38   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I am not able to get an official confirmation from Jeep or dealer on exact ground clearance of Meridian. There is confusion between 203 or 214 mm.
Many of the manufacturers no longer talk about this due to varying rules on how this is to be measured. Frankly, on a large SUV like this, it’s not at all worth to even checking. If must, just stick with what they have mentioned in Brazil.

Quote:
If it’s 203 then it is significantly lower for my use.
Am curious, what’s your use case that demands such consideration?

If your concerns are about off-roading and visiting places in Himalayas, I won't bother much. These are the lowest points, and not all the lowest points touch the ground first!

You can beach any SUV even with 300 GC

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th June 2022 at 15:51.
Old 4th June 2022, 17:17   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Many of the manufacturers no longer talk about this due to varying rules on how this is to be measured. Frankly, on a large SUV like this, it’s not at all worth to even checking. If must, just stick with what they have mentioned in Brazil.

Am curious, what’s your use case that demands such consideration?

If your concerns are about off-roading and visiting places in Himalayas, I won't bother much. These are the lowest points, and not all the lowest points touch the ground first!

You can beach any SUV even with 300 GC
Thanks. My used case is that it should do well what my last SUV with 209 mm did. Even with 209 mm, it struggled on few tracks and obstacles.
Old 4th June 2022, 18:34   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the Meridian for the first time on the road, easily gets lost in the sea of cars. This is where the BoF cars take the lead…

OR

It’s the white colour which I never liked on the Meridian in pictures and now on the road as well!

Jeep Meridian Review-402c01e42d4b438f814d18fa7d2b6b07.jpeg

Jeep Meridian Review-188b6eb7ea084c44948ece0f4a9b0ef1.jpeg

Jeep Meridian Review-754e4fdc658b496eb1e8f93aae4f3142.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 19:22   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Spotted the Meridian for the first time on the road, easily gets lost in the sea of cars. This is where the BoF cars take the lead…

OR

It’s the white colour which I never liked on the Meridian in pictures and now on the road as well!
Surprisingly all the Meridian’s that I saw on road till now are all white. And yes, I get to know it’s Meridian only after seeing the length.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 08:50   #208
BHPian

We are waiting for the MG ZS EV but no sight of it yet after 3 months of booking it! So the mind has started to wander!!

So we started to consider the Meridian and took a test drive and seemed to like it! It is quite easy to drive in the city and has sufficient power for our liking, also we loved the interior colours except for some plastic trims but we can live with it.

Couple of downers are lack of Sports mode and cabin space feels small in comparison to the Kodiaq (no longer available!) plus the biggest worry is DIESEL! What if the govt bans diesels in the coming few years!

Your opinions please!
Should we just sit out this year and look at Kodiaq or any upcoming petrol SUVs in 2023?
Old 10th June 2022, 09:20   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
We are waiting for the MG ZS EV but no sight of it yet after 3 months of booking it! So the mind has started to wander!!

So we started to consider the Meridian and took a test drive and seemed to like it! It is quite easy to drive in the city and has sufficient power for our liking, also we loved the interior colours except for some plastic trims but we can live with it.

Couple of downers are lack of Sports mode and cabin space feels small in comparison to the Kodiaq (no longer available!) plus the biggest worry is DIESEL! What if the govt bans diesels in the coming few years!

Your opinions please!
Should we just sit out this year and look at Kodiaq or any upcoming petrol SUVs in 2023?
Since you were looking for 5 seaters, why not Compass? It’s almost same as Meridian and you will save some money too. Or Tiguan?

I honestly don’t see much challenge with diesel for next few years at least, even if the new regulations come in.

Last edited by sunikkat : 10th June 2022 at 09:24.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 10:11   #210
BHPian

Thank you Sunnikat!

The compass cabin feels even smaller and that’s why we’re not very inclined! Although size wise the Meridian is not a lot bigger, the coffee colour feels more spacious plus having the 2 extra seats/ additional luggage space would help for our road trips.
We’re considering the 4 X 2 since we would never really do any off-roading trips.
Anything we need to be concerned about if we go ahead with the Meridian?
car-o-holic is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed