Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 00:03   #346
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Welcome to the spiral. This is a long tunnel which will lead you to segments below and beyond your budgets. Enjoy the ride and go with your heart.
P.S based on your posts seems like you have fallen for the meridian
Lol this is soo true. There are half a dozen solid monoquoque 7 seaters for around 20 lacs and then another half a dozen ones for around 90 lacs. Such a wide gulf in between that you are just not able to make a quick and sensible decision with regards to the single diesel monoquoque 7 seater that fills this wife gulf. Kudos to everyone who finally made a decision and got a Meridian and didn't get stuck in the spiral
soarersc300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 00:48   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

All ownership reports point towards the Meridian being an average performer and quite a gas guzzler. That is rather surprising and hugely disappointing. The gearbox is evidently the culprit here. Not only robs the car of performance but kills fuel economy as well. My Compass diesel manual easily delivers 16-17kmpl overall under mixed conditions while being an absolute hoot to drive. Meridian owners are making do with mediocre performance and struggling to maintain double figures FE. Even something like the Tata Safari (similar size, same engine, only 6 speed AT vs 9) fares much better.

Has to be the worst automatic gearbox on any car across price segments today.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 14th September 2022 at 00:53.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:40   #348
BHPian

Thank you @Axe for the super helpful feedback.

@EaurougeatSpa you have hit the spot! It is no different than the love affair, once you met the one and have set your eyes on that one, all you want to do is hear what you want to hear.
Gsynch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 23:00   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone is interested in testing the Jeep Meridian off-road, then kindly send me a PM.

I had got an invite and registration for the event is via a google docs form. Since I won’t be able to make it, anyone interested can take the offer and I can share the same.

The event is being held by Sky Moto Jeep, in Pune at 21 Enduro Park, NH 48, Mangadewadi, Maharashtra 411046
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 06:28   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

The event is being held by Sky Moto Jeep, in Pune at 21 Enduro Park, NH 48, Mangadewadi, Maharashtra 411046
Whats the date of the event do you know? Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 08:21   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Whats the date of the event do you know? Thanks
Dates are 24th and 25th September. Time slots are 10AM to 6PM.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 22:59   #352
BHPian

Hey can anyone throw some light (pun intended) if the Meridian comes equipped with cornering/adaptive headlamps? Haven’t noticed the headlights reacting to any conditions besides the usual auto switch on and off. Really curious if there is a setting I need to tweak.
Old 21st September 2022, 18:16   #353
BHPian

Hello all, I heard that Meridian is being updated and tested for BS 6.2. This also involves gearbox calibration for improving response. Does anyone have any more details ?
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:19   #354

Any idea whether the Compass crossbars fit the Meridian? Or specifically, what kind of crossbars I need? The Bangalore dealers are out of stock for Meridian crossbars, and I'm not sure which ones to buy. I did a whatsapp chat with the folks at Autoglam.in and they are confident that the Compass ones fit, but I'm not so certain.
Old 23rd September 2022, 06:39   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Hey can anyone throw some light (pun intended) if the Meridian comes equipped with cornering/adaptive headlamps? Haven’t noticed the headlights reacting to any conditions besides the usual auto switch on and off. Really curious if there is a setting I need to tweak.
I don’t think Meridian has cornering /adaptive headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Hello all, I heard that Meridian is being updated and tested for BS 6.2. This also involves gearbox calibration for improving response. Does anyone have any more details ?
The owner of Jeep Showroom informed me that all Jeep Diesel engines are already BS6.2 compatible so no changes/ tweaks required.

Fellow Meridian Owners
What tyre pressures are you keeping ?
37 front 34 rear is the factory spec.
The workshop suggested 35/32 and my regular tyre shop suggested 33/33

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd September 2022 at 08:27.
Old 23rd September 2022, 07:25   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
The owner of Jeep Showroom informed me that all Jeep Diesel engines are already BS6.2 compatible so no changes/ tweaks required.
That is interesting. I know for sure that Meridian is also undergoing some recalibration and testing in Leh. I wonder what that would be for ?
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:00   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Fellow Meridian Owners
What tyre pressures are you keeping ?
37 front 34 rear is the factory spec.
The workshop suggested 35/32 and my regular tyre shop suggested 33/33
Yeah, I'm sticking to 37/34 as of now, but I also believe lower is slightly better. Especially in the back, it gets bumpy if kids are sitting in the last row. At what point does the TPMS start shouting, do you know?
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:31   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansense View Post
Yeah, I'm sticking to 37/34 as of now, but I also believe lower is slightly better. Especially in the back, it gets bumpy if kids are sitting in the last row. At what point does the TPMS start shouting, do you know?
No i don’t know the exact psi but generally it’s 8-10 psi less than recommended pressure when the TPMS starts to give low pressure warning.
I am trying to find the exact pressure for TPMS warning but no luck finding it in the manual.
Old 24th September 2022, 15:25   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Icing on the cake is 2L discount (around 3L if you include Insurance "Discount") being offered if we book it now and take the delivery in September itself.
Quoting myself to put the context right, I am inching towards Limited (O) FWD AT and to bring the upfront cost, thinking of going the BH registration way (I am a salaried person), saves me almost 4.5 Lacs upfront cost for Mumbai registration. I am told that I need to renew it after two years and the charges would be close to 60K INR every two years.

Asking experienced BHPians for their inputs on the above thought process and if I am missing something here. Are there any pitfalls of going BH registration way? Thank you!
Old 25th September 2022, 20:21   #360
BHPian

I went to the Meridian offroad event in Pune today. This was my first ever offroad type of drive. Came back seriously impressed. The steep inclines, articulation obstacles were scary for the novice but the car was more than capable. I knew about Jeep's offroad capabilities, experinced them today but what was revelation was the ride comfort. The way Meridian cushioned the steep drops was astounding. And the techno green color looked mesmerizing. Seriously tempted to book the car for festive delivery.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 25th September 2022 at 20:26.
ScorpWarp is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks