Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 00:34   #361

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Quoting myself to put the context right, I am inching towards Limited (O) FWD AT and to bring the upfront cost, thinking of going the BH registration way (I am a salaried person), saves me almost 4.5 Lacs upfront cost for Mumbai registration. I am told that I need to renew it after two years and the charges would be close to 60K INR every two years.

Asking experienced BHPians for their inputs on the above thought process and if I am missing something here. Are there any pitfalls of going BH registration way? Thank you!
Few days back, you have mentioned about 2 lakhs discount on ex-showroom price + 90K in insurance. But the condition was to take the delivery in Sep itself. By any chance do you know if that offer is getting extended to Oct as well?

Due to some personal reasons I cannot book in Sep. I'm very much inclined to book in Oct.
Old 27th September 2022, 13:36   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san.gaurav View Post
Few days back, you have mentioned about 2 lakhs discount on ex-showroom price + 90K in insurance. But the condition was to take the delivery in Sep itself. By any chance do you know if that offer is getting extended to Oct as well?

Due to some personal reasons I cannot book in Sep. I'm very much inclined to book in Oct.
The offer has been modified to get a booking done before end of September by paying an amount of Rs. 11,000. This will lock the discount (2.88 lacs). Delivery can be taken in October. You can reconfirm with your local Jeep dealer as offers can vary between dealerships as well.

All the best with the purchase Its a really good car if you can make the decision to buy it!
soarersc300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 21:29   #363
BHPian

Quote:
By any chance do you know if that offer is getting extended to Oct as well?

As already answered by @soarersc300, the ask is to book it by 30th September and take delivery around Dussehra timeframe. This is by Landmark Andheri. There is also a 7.95% SBI Car loan with zero processing fees option. Are you considering The Meridian as well, which variant is this (if you don't mind sharing).
Old 27th September 2022, 22:05   #364
BHPian

Guys i am not able figure out the settings to unlock all doors after switching off the car. Have enabled Unlock Doors on Exit option. Also if we long press the Lock button on the remote key , all the windows and sun roof should get closed right ? This is not happening too.
Are there additional settings to change ?

Thanks in Advance ��
Old 27th September 2022, 22:09   #365

Quote:
As already answered by @soarersc300, the ask is to book it by 30th September and take delivery around Dussehra timeframe. This is by Landmark Andheri. There is also a 7.95% SBI Car loan with zero processing fees option. Are you considering The Meridian as well, which variant is this (if you don't mind sharing).
I’m considering Limited (O) 4x2 MT.

How much are you being asked to pay for the booking? In Chandigarh, the dealership is asking me to pay upfront and they will invoice the car in the company system portal by Sep 30th to lock the scheme. They will have the car blocked for me in dealership stock yard till Oct end since I’ll be out of Chandigarh till then.

I’m not very comfortable with this upfront payment though. Hence trying to check here what other dealerships are offering for this scheme.

I’m also wondering if the dealerships are trying to lock the bookings to improve their quarter end numbers by saying that this 2 lakhs offer won’t extend into Oct.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:16   #366
BHPian

Quote:
I’m considering Limited (O) 4x2 MT.

I’m also wondering if the dealerships are trying to lock the bookings to improve their quarter end numbers by saying that this 2 lakhs offer won’t extend into Oct.
It is a great combination to get best out of the engine.

I am in the same situation, Today I have checked with the Landmark team and I am told to get the billing done (by paying full amount) by 30th September and delivery can be done on Dussehra or any day of our choice.
Old 29th September 2022, 21:15   #367

Quote:
It is a great combination to get best out of the engine.

I am in the same situation, Today I have checked with the Landmark team and I am told to get the billing done (by paying full amount) by 30th September and delivery can be done on Dussehra or any day of our choice.
I have decided to hold my purchase till Oct 10th since I need delivery only by Oct end. Hopefully there would be some similar cash discount offer available next month as well.
Old 30th September 2022, 11:27   #368
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to hold my purchase till Oct 10th since I need delivery only by Oct end. Hopefully there would be some similar cash discount offer available next month as well.
I have received following mail notification from Landmark.

Jeep Meridian Review-untitled.jpg
Old 1st October 2022, 08:32   #369

Quote:
I have received following mail notification from Landmark.
Did you go ahead with the booking? Which variant did you buy?
Old 4th October 2022, 12:28   #370

Quote:
I had visited Landmark Jeep Ludhiana yesterday i.e. 3rd October 2022 to enquire about Jeep Meridian. The cash discount is still being offered. Whatever they said about 30th September being the last day to lock the scheme, the same is now being said about 31st October 2022! So nothing to worry! And 4.99% rate of interest is also on offer from Kotak Mahindra Bank on a very specific loan amount of 25,38,000 for three years. That is what the SA told me. Thanks.
pankaj@17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 13:09   #371
BHPian

The interesting offers has made me consider the Meridian. I test drove the 2WD and I had mixed feelings. It has one of the best suspension and ride quality. Similar to the compass one doesn't need to slow down for small potholes. But, again the car is sluggish till it achieves 30 KM/Hr. After that it doesn't feel underpowered and zips. Cornering is fun even with such a big SUV. But the initial takeoff is a bit underwhelming. I was almost ready to buy the Tiguan but VW increased the price by 90K and are not ready to extend price protection. Since I am an existing Fiat Punto owner my regular dealership approached me with a very nice deal on the 2WD Meridian. Now am a little bit confused whether I should consider the 4x4. The 4X4 gets Hill descent and auto hold over the 2WD. I am not an extreme off roader but I would want my next car to be able to travel trough mud and slush on broken village roads after rains. Can a 2WD Meridian handle this use case?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 4th October 2022 at 13:18.
Old 4th October 2022, 16:03   #372
Team-BHP Support

Dang it. I wish I had waited a few months to avail these offers. This is a pretty sweet deal on the Meridian. Combined with the low rate of finance it makes it a bit more “right priced” for what it is.

The continuation of the offer into October is pretty predictable. Those cars aren’t flying off the shelves anywhere so I can’t see any reason to reverse the offer for the time being. At this price (which virtually brings pricing on par with the top of line Tucson) I’d be hard pressed to pick the Hyundai over the Meridian. The Kodiaq is another matter of course in term so its overall sophistication and the advantage of petrol refinement and pick up.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th October 2022 at 16:05.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:24   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Dang it. I wish I had waited a few months to avail these offers. This is a pretty sweet deal on the Meridian.
Hello Axe77, since you are an existing owner I was hoping if you could help me. Have you ever got a chance to activate the 4 wheel drive system? I am little confused whether I should stretch about 3.3 lakhs more and get the 4 wheel drive or save the money for diesel and maintenance. Do you think the 2WD can handle regular broken unpaved roads having mud and slush?
Old 4th October 2022, 16:35   #374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Hello Axe77, since you are an existing owner I was hoping if you could help me. Have you ever got a chance to activate the 4 wheel drive system? I am little confused whether I should stretch about 3.3 lakhs more and get the 4 wheel drive or save the money for diesel and maintenance. Do you think the 2WD can handle regular broken unpaved roads having mud and slush?
Well its on Auto mode so its possible there are situations where the car has used its 4x4 functionality on the fly. I have specifically used it during a specific off roading outing that I took my Meridian for. If something like this appeals to you even as a once in a blue moon thing then that’s another reason to consider the 4x4.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5405758

Personally if I’m going to live with the dynamic character of an SUV body shape (vis a vis a sedan( I’d definitely want the 4x4 advantage even if its for that rarest of rare occasion. Otherwise my GT is as good on most touring needs as any other vehicle. I do tend to like driving holidays including to slightly off beat places so the 4x4 is always a good to have.

Really comes down to your personal preference then. I seriously doubt the 4x2 will let you down in normal day to day usage and it will handle most of the usual rough and tumble our roads have to offer. For me personally I would want the full feature set of the product, of which 4x4 is an integral aspect.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:36   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Dang it. I wish I had waited a few months to avail these offers. This is a pretty sweet deal on the Meridian. Combined with the low rate of finance it makes it a bit more “right priced” for what it is.
As per my understanding, it is either upfront discount of Rs. 199,800 (some weird number but ok) OR 4.99% ROI on a maximum loan amount of some 25 Lakhs.

IF both of these are offered together, I will be running towards Landmark with my cheque book in hand to book one

Most Viewed