Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2023, 15:01   #451
BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Congratulations. It's a simply superb machine. Will keep you and your purse happy for years to come. Did you not get any discounts. Many on the forum have mentioned about decent discounts on the hybrid.
The on-road price was coming around 24.6 lk and with putting competition into picture between three dealers from two cities, the final figure worked out to approx. 23.4/-. Two dealers backed out in the final since they could`nt match it.
jacobsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 15:02   #452
BHPian

Hello All,

Got my Honda City e:HEV delivered yesterday and went for a short spin (about 20 Kms). I am concerned about the extra noise that i hear when the ICE engine is running. It is pretty noticeable and the note is closer to a whine than an ICE running.

Should I raise this issue with the service fellows?
venkat_partha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:59   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_partha View Post
Hello All,

Got my Honda City e:HEV delivered yesterday and went for a short spin (about 20 Kms). I am concerned about the extra noise that i hear when the ICE engine is running. It is pretty noticeable and the note is closer to a whine than an ICE running.

Should I raise this issue with the service fellows?
Hi, this is common and my car also had the same noise for which I too was concerned but the noise died down after the first engine oil change and started reducing the more I drove the car.
Also, the noise is heard more when the battery is completely depleted and the engine is in generator mode.

Regards,
Kushagra
kush812 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 19:50   #454
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Friends please suggest between Honda City eHEV V trim OTR 22.2 L & Grand Vitara Alpha OTR 22.30
Use case: Strong hybrid. Monthly driving 4000 km. Features not important. Safety ride, handling & refinement are crucial. Thus I don’t need ventilated seats /sunroof.
Old 24th December 2023, 08:42   #455
BHPian

Hi!

I am very new to this thread. Took delivery of my City ZX eHEV on 27th Nov '23 in Gurgaon.

I used to drive a BS4 SCross Diesel earlier. So moving to petrol in itself is a big relief, with diesel vehicles being stopped from operating each winter season.

Quick observations:
- The car is simple and elegant. Doesn't shout 24 lakhs or stare at me.
- Level of tech is OK. ADAS does work on NCR roads, where you can't hit more than 50 kmph at most places.
- Leather seats have been good so far. Much better than aftermarket lookalikes.
- Sunroof is of no use, except some extra light in cabin.
- ICE is from early 2000s, and lane watch camera literally goes blind at night.
- Headlamps are pretty decent.
- Foglamps are yet to encounter Delhi fog.
- (Idiot) Pedestrian protection system works and applies brakes automatically at slow speeds.
- Fuel efficiency of eHEV is better than diesel. I am getting 24.5 kmpl in my City Hybrid vs 21kmpl from my Scross Diesel.

Would take atleast 4 years+ to come at breakeven with simple iVTEC, but don't want to bother much about that. Just drive around peacefully. ��
arnavpaitandy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 19:09   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Friends please suggest between Honda City eHEV V trim OTR 22.2 L & Grand Vitara Alpha OTR 22.30
Use case: Strong hybrid. Monthly driving 4000 km. Features not important. Safety ride, handling & refinement are crucial. Thus I donít need ventilated seats /sunroof.
I would pay a premium anyday for the fit and finish of a CBU or CKD. If the comparison is with a Maruti and youíre paying less then itís a no brainer. The only con would be the low rear seats and the less commanding driver seating position. Also, Honda doesnít sell spares over the counter.
Iyencar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 15:43   #457
BHPian

350 kms driven and fuel indicator has not even reached halfway yet.

Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20240107_153712.jpg

If I am able to drive the displayed kms to empty without having to refuel, that would be a whopping 900kms on a single tank Unlikely though.

The elevated highway from Hebbal to airport and Devanahalli enables excellent mileage from the car.

Last edited by vijaykr : 7th January 2024 at 16:10. Reason: Corrected typo
vijaykr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:13   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I raised this as a complaint to Honda and it took a week for them to send me the steps. Reproducing below for fellow owners. I have tried and and confirm that these steps put the car in Maintenance Mode and the engine starts and can be revved. I completed the PUC procedure and got the certificate using the steps below.

5. Press the brake pedal, shift the transmission to P position/mode, then press the accelerator pedal to the floor, twice.

6. Press the power switch while pressing down on the brake pedal. The vehicle is now in the maintenance mode and the engine will start.

During the maintenance mode, some systems stop controls and the indicator for those systems come on.
Finally got around to getting the PUC process done and got the certificate this morning. I have a trip to TV Malai tomorrow and wanted to get this delayed task done and all docs in place. Thank you, @Traveler for the detailed procedure.

What I noticed is that after step 5 above itself, the MID displays "Maintenance Mode" with the car in Accessory Mode itself. Obviously for the actual PUC itself, had to do step 6 to get the ICE engine running. The PUC is valid for a year which was a surprise. I learnt that this is applicable only for cars manufactured after 2018. For my other car from 2016, the 6-month PUC process is still needed.

Took a picture to show the control/indicator lights that stayed on with the engine in this maintenance mode. Only the TPMS indicator was blinking but others were on and static.

Honda City Hybrid Review-img20240121102449.jpg
Old 5th February 2024, 13:17   #459
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone share the escalation matrix or contact details of Honda Cars management. I am in a mess pertaining to my Honda city hybrid and would share some experiences as soon as I am able to spare some time for it.

God Bless!
jacobsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 11:42   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Hello Everyone,

Could anyone share the escalation matrix or contact details of Honda Cars management. I am in a mess pertaining to my Honda city hybrid and would share some experiences as soon as I am able to spare some time for it.

God Bless!
I'm sad to hear you aren't having a great time with your car. Kindly highlight your issues so that us fellow e:HEV owners know what to watch out for.

Pertaining to Honda Cars management, in my experience, their Instagram page has always been quick to respond, plus I've come to know that they keep an eye on Honda threads on TBhp.

Here are some emails and links to escalate your issue:

customer_relations@hondacarindia.com (CR)
ttsumura@hondacarindia.com (CEO)
kbehl@hondacarindia.com (VP, S&M)

https://www.hondacarindia.com/contact-us/feedback

Hope you get your issues resolved soon,
Cheers!
Kevinrevvz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 11:20   #461
BHPian

As suggested by Kevinrevvz, posting my experiences with Honda Car services. Please do keep in mind that I am a repeat customer for Honda Cars India

I belong to a tier 4 city. Buying a hybrid itself is a lot questionable around here but the team-bhp influence keeps ticking you to new things. So with lots of excitement and joy, I bought a Honda City Hybrid ZX e-hev on 19th October 2023. Paid a huge premium over a normal Honda City believing that it’s a premium product with premium service availability.

Come 27th of November 2023, we met with an accident. Would get it into the details of ADAS and its effectiveness later in another thread pertaining to it.

Immediately contacted the Service team and RSA team from Honda as it was part of the package. The vehicle was picked up by the RSA vendor and taken to the authorized service centre of the same dealership it was bought from on the 29th of November 2023. Subsequently, I received a call from the service advisor pertaining to the process and I gave the go-ahead. The insurance company were contacted and the process was initiated. The speculated time frame mentioned to me by Honda was around 25 days and I was ok with it. There was some delay by the insurance company and the dealership asked me to give a go-ahead to start the repair work irrespective of the pending approval which I did. In the meantime, I was informed by the service advisor that since it’s a hybrid, the Honda team is also informed about the parts requirement and they are in the loop pertaining to the repairs.

25days passed. Again started following up with the Abhikaran Honda, Indore and the service advisor told me that some parts are not available and the orders were also pending with the Honda Team.

Today 70 days have crossed. The service advisor is saying that the painting and all the requisite work is done except some hybrid dedicated parts are required are not provided by the Honda team. He is clearly saying that we have sort of repaired these parts and checked the car and its running ok. Since he is still not getting clarity from Honda when the parts would be provided and this would delay the delivery more, he is suggesting to collect the car and use it till the parts are provided by the Honda which he doesn’t know when would happen.

This is a new car. Not an extinct one. Not an old car which is not under production but a car which is under production for the past year or so. Shouldn't there be a reasonable inventory of parts with the service provider or at least the car manufacturer?

I am saddened and frustrated by this kind of behaviour. Have sent an email to the customer service team and waiting for an update from them.

Please advice the future course of action.

Regards

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd February 2024 at 04:59. Reason: Typos
jacobsam is offline   (86) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:01   #462
BHPian

Hello All,

Was wondering if any one of you, eHEV owners, have fitted a full size tyre as a spare within the existing space in the boot?

Regards,
Venkat
venkat_partha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:22   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As suggested by Kevinrevvz, posting my experiences with Honda Car services. Please do keep in mind that I am a repeat customer for Honda Cars India

Come 27th of November 2023, we met with an accident. Would get it into the details of ADAS and effectiveness later on another thread pertaining to it.

Please advice the future course of action.

Regards
Pls share pics of the car, the service center estimate and communications/emails with the dealer.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 09:53   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a rare case of an accident on a rarer model on sale.

True, the city hybrid is very much in production. But hybrids sell less than 5% of the City sales. While the dealer should have kept proper communication with Honda India to procure require parts of the hybrid, I think a little more patience can help.

Please do try escalating the issue with Honda India through dealership as well as through customer care.

I may be the minority here to suggest more patience, but a dealer waiting for parts is seldom given priority by the manufacturer. I tried waiting for door panels from Tata plant, only to realise it wasn't going to happen and decided to repair the existing parts.

Also, don't ever take delivery of the car as suggested by your service advisor. They will just treat it as a job card closed and won't care a dime about the parts that have to arrive.

Hope you get the hybrid parts at the earliest. If waiting isn't proving fruitful, you have to take it up on Honda India social media pages.

This happening to Tata and Mahindra owners, I understand. But even Honda being lethargic is new to me.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 22nd February 2024 at 09:55.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:40   #465
BHPian

This is a sad reality of most of the manufacturers except MSIL. Many parts are ordered on demand and they take their own sweet time to arrive. My honda city 3rd gen was banged from behind by a drunken innova driver. It took one month for the boot to the repaired and given back whereas when my zen hit a dog, i got the entire radiator, bumper, grill and other parts done in 4-5 hours. I had assumed that the city would be up and running in 2 days but realized it is not going to be so. So, the only option is to escalate so that the company prioritizes your parts order and delivers it to the dealer.
Quote:
Regards
autobahnjpr is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed