Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:41   #466
BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_partha View Post
Hello All,

Was wondering if any one of you, eHEV owners, have fitted a full size tyre as a spare within the existing space in the boot?

Regards
Venkat
I very much doubt if a full size tyre will even fit in the wheel well area. Even if it did, it'll leave a big enough bump on the boot floor cover to make usage of the boot difficult. Not sure if the additional weight on the battery will have an issue or not.

If the idea is only to carry that full size tyre in the boot, this could work. I haven't tried it though.
Old 22nd February 2024, 11:17   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post

Today 70 days have crossed. The service advisor is telling that the painting and all the requisite work is done except some hybrid dedicated parts are required is not provided by honda team.

Please advice the future course of action.

Regards
I am sorry to learn about this ordeal. Patience is the key here. Since City Hybrid is a low selling model in your area therefore Part availability and Lack of skilled manpower to mantain/service/repair this may be a concern with your Dealer.

The companies generally give Inventory priority to their models who are bringing good numbers to them. Based on their hot selling cakes & Inventory Turnover Ratio the Parts procurement for After Market is done.

Your dealer is mentioning about dedicated parts of Hybrid. Plese try to get the Parts list which they have ordered and push from your side as well by writtting to the Honda Regional Service support Office.

Slightly off topic :
Recently my brother wanted to buy Interceptor at our native place (a small town named Hamirpur) in Himachal Pradesh. Though, we have RE showroom but they have hardly sold any Interceptor in the town. Seeing this I suggested my brother to not to buy Interceptor since he will always face Issue with Spare Parts availability and suitable service personnel as for One or Two Interceptors sold no Dealer will maintain any inventory. That is the sad reality.

Always go for a vehicle which is sold in good numbers in your area so that After Sale exprience is smooth.
Apex1815 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:14   #468
BHPian

Abhikaran Honda has been lazy at its job. Lots of friends are facing delays with the repairs they wanted on their Honda cars (sometimes on simple cars such as Jazz). Honda being a Japanese brand stands for reliability and quality, but the service/repair experience tells a different story. I think Abhikaran Honda is just cashing in on the fact that they are the sole Honda dealer in Indore. Lesson learnt, not thinking of a Honda in my garage.
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:28   #469
BHPian

Quote:
As

Please advice the future course of action.

Regards
So the issue is dealer specific. Sometimes what these dealers do is that they have to buy parts from Honda. Many times they take money from you but its not paid to Honda India due to which the parts are not despatched to them. Some dealerships even prefer bulk despatch of parts to save their logistic costs.

I have a 2014 CRV and had to change a few parts few months back. The parts were located and delivered for change within 2 weeks. They had my car for a month to paint it and it got delayed by a week because of Insurance Claim not being processed on time by the Insurance Company.

I suggest you to write to Honda India and they will expedite this matter - sadly the company has to bear the brunt of these foolish dealers.

Even parts for a 20 year old Honda product is available in India (I am told by Landmark group who service and maintain my car) and only finding and despatch logistics takes time.

Last edited by M00M : 22nd February 2024 at 17:29.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 21:39   #470
BHPian

My Honda City 4th gen music system took 6 months to change under warranty.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th April 2024 at 11:12. Reason: Please capitalise names. Thanks.
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 07:55   #471

Sad to hear about your ongoing ordeal with Honda India. This is exactly the reason why people flock towards Maruti because they are able to cater everyone in the same way irrespective of their location.
Sad part is, others are not able to understand the importance of service experience in India.
AB737Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:18   #472
BHPian

Update:

So after exactly 84 days, took the delivery of the car on 20th Feb 2024. Took the test ride, and everything seems to be fine. Things started to move after the mails were marked to the IDs shared here along with all the social media handles of Honda Cars India.

Observations:
1. The ride was fine with no dilutions felt.
2. As per the SA, there was no damage to the chasis of any kind.
3. All requisite parts were replaced and so there is no issue with the car.
4. The information panel layout has changed probably due to some updates.
5. The front bumper was changed but the colour matching is not upto the mark.
6. The rear bumper had a slight brush of a bike. Initially it was informed that the bumper would be changed but I think they just used some compound and didnt change it so the mark is visible. Didn’t had the patience to talk about it.

I went through the various observations put forth by the members. I have a simple understanding to such situations. When someone pays the premium for a product, whether its about the product or the subsequent service involved, the customer should be catered accordingly.

Secondly when as a customer we are expected to be patient for services, there should be a reasonable time frame and cannot be indefinite and 84 days from any angle is not reasonable at all.

God Bless!

Jacob
jacobsam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 16:30   #473
BHPian

Quote:
5. The front bumper was changed but the colour matching is not upto the mark.
6. The rear bumper had a slight brush of a bike. Initially it was informed that the bumper would be changed but I think they just used some compound and didnt change it so the mark is visible. Didn’t had the patience to talk about it.

Put a mail to Honda India again. Metallic paint almost never matches some minor change is always there.

Check with the bill the insurance company may have disallowed the replacement so they wouldn't have changed it. In my case they disallowed change of a panel so they had to repair it.

Wish you many more safe kms with the car now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th April 2024 at 11:13. Reason: typos.
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:42   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Took When someone pays the premium for a product, whether it’s about the product or the subsequent service involved, the customer should be catered accordingly.
Unfortunately higher value/price of the product doesn’t translate into a smooth ownership experience automatically. Rare, unusual or exotic (or even small number of sales) goes a long way in determining the service experience. If you look at the number of bad experiences owners of expensive cars report you might be surprised. A lot has to do with Indian tax laws. Easy ordering and returning of parts in mature markets allows dealers and manufacturers to stock up on inventory. Unfortunately, the processes and inherent belief of babus in the evil machinations of businesses, make things difficult.
MadinMumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 21:04   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

So after exactly 84 days, took the delivery of the car on 20th Feb 2024. Took the test ride, and everything seems to be fine.
Good that you have finally gotten your vehicle back. Would you please elaborate on the functioning of ADAS during the accident as you had promised to do earlier?
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 14:24   #476
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

So after exactly 84 days, took the delivery of the car on 20th Feb 2024. Took the test ride, and everything seems to be fine. Things started to move after the mails were marked to the IDs shared here along with all the social media handles of Honda Cars India.
Why is it that companies are pulled out of their slumber only when customers start tagging them on Social medias and mailing the "unreachables"? This is slowly becoming a trend nowadays which is not just worrisome but also troublesome for us.
gus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 10:57   #477
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars India has discontinued the City hybrid V trim. The sedan is now available only in the fully-equipped ZX trim.

Quote:
Honda did introduce a slightly less equipped, more affordable trim of the City hybrid to attract more buyers; however this exercise did not work and sales have continued to be marginal till date. Dispatches of City hybrid have been around just 350 units a month, and total sales number is just around 2,000 unit mark
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 23:07   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Secondly when as a customer we are expected to be patient for services, there should be a reasonable time frame and cannot be indefinite and 84 days from any angle is not reasonable at all.

God Bless!

Jacob
2nd Update:

So have been using the car as frequently as possible with nearly 2000Kms done after it returned from repairs. Mechanically I don't find any issues with the work except some points raised earlier like the omission of repair in the rear bumper in my previous post.

But I have been noticing a drop in the economy of the car. I have become more patient as a driver after the hybrid has joined the garage. Have driven it the same way as I was driving it earlier. Before I was conveniently getting 23-24 on MIDs which I am noticing has dropped to around 19-20 figures. Please keep in mind the the Hybrid specific EGR valve was changed. The car keeps switching to EV modes but doesn't stay longer on it as it used to earlier.

Honestly don't know if it psychological. Members pls do advice if it could be do to any technical issue. The hit was in the front so I hope nothing has happened to the battery. If anything would have happened then It should have reflected in there scans they did when the car was with them for repairs.

The six monthly periodic service is coming up in few days.

Will ask the ASS to check it.

Jacob

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks