Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 00:24   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush812 View Post
I think 205/55/r16 is a good upgrade and wanted to go for those at first since I have been using 195/55/r16 tyres in my size and many a times I felt the side wall thickness is less considering our conditions and 205/55 tyres are also not readily available. But the dealer told me that these 195/60 Michelin Primacy 3ST are cheaper than 195/55's and the added side wall thickness gave the car a SUV like clearance.
I asked the service people during my 1st Service about the warranty and they seemed like they don't care about the tyre upgrade since most of the owners now do this. I guess it depends on your dealership.

Since I changed my tyres at about 40 odd kms I got about Rs.4200 per tyre for the Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 tyres my car came with and the new tyres were about Rs. 8600.

Overall, I am happy with the tyre upgrade as the car feels and rides much more substantially than before.
That's a very good price you got. My car came with Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 R16 and I think the tyre dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me. 2.5k for brand new tyres is too less in my opinion.

I will try some other dealer and update here.

Thanks for your inputs
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 00:30   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
That's a very good price you got. My car came with Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 R16 and I think the tyre dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me. 2.5k for brand new tyres is too less in my opinion.

I will try some other dealer and update here.

Thanks for your inputs
The dealer is practically robbing you at this price. I would have easily got 2-300 more if I had those Bridgestones as per the dealer because Bridgestones have a higher brand recall.

Here in Delhi, the norm is you get 80-90% of the price of the new tyre of the same size and brand for your old tyre which are run less than 100 kms depending on the brand and size.
kush812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 00:36   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is practically robbing you at this price. I would have easily got 2-300 more if I had those Bridgestones as per the dealer because Bridgestones have a higher brand recall.

Here in Delhi, the norm is you get 80-90% of the price of the new tyre of the same size and brand for your old tyre which are run less than 100 kms depending on the brand and size.
Any issues of the195/60 tyres touching or scraping against the tyre wells. This is a 5% increase in size over the original size whereas most websites recommend a maximum of 2% increase.
Old 27th October 2022, 00:46   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Any issues of the195/60 tyres touching or scraping against the tyre wells. This is a 5% increase in size over the original size whereas most websites recommend a maximum of 2% increase.
Till now I have not faced any issues with tyres touching or scraping against the wheel wells and I drive on some nasty roads daily. Also, I checked everything before finalizing these tyres as I too was afraid of this unusual size.

3% is recommended but no way I could have gone for such low ground clearance after experiencing belly scraping on my Ciaz every other day.
kush812 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 20:07   #320
BANNED

Quote:
1 Month and 1100 KMs with the Honda City e:HEV

Hello to all the respected forum members,

I am sharing my views on the new City Hybrid after driving it for 1100 kms in a month. This included 65% city driving and the rest on highways.

First of all, talking about the performance of the car it is exceptional. The car is so smooth, and the suspension works away silently. It really is, as one member posted sublime.

I test drove the petrol and the hybrid back-to-back to understand the difference
Your mini-review made great reading kush812, and the FE figures really are eye-opening. Wishing you and your father many years of happy driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
.....Honda should capitalise the first mover advantage and make their footprint in India stronger. Because game will not be same as today. Hyundai/Kia will come with all guns blazing soon. Before this, Honda should bring some good SUV's and few electric cars to widen its fleet.
Very true - Japanese conservatism has made them lag behind on earlier occasions too - and why the conservatism I don't know! Specially with their brilliant engineering innovations they can easily continue leading from the front.

Last edited by shashanka : 27th October 2022 at 20:09.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 23:44   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Your mini-review made great reading kush812, and the FE figures really are eye-opening. Wishing you and your father many years of happy driving!
Thank you for your wishes. And yeah these FE figures really did sweeten the deal.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2022 at 15:52. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 18th November 2022, 12:34   #322
Senior - BHPian

Fellow e-HEV owners, I seem to have discovered a bug in the Stereo System that is quite frustrating. Can you folks check if this happens in your car also or is it specific to my car.

The issues is as follows:

My Honda City e-HEV has a Panasonic System Model Number: CV-RH19A0NT with application version 01010490.

The system has a problem that I would like you to solve.

If you receive a phone call while playing music through a Bluetooth connected Android phone, the volume of the music reduces significantly after the call is completed.

When the music resumes playing after the call the volume of the music is reduced. Even by adjusting the volume to maximum level the volume remains low.

You have to disconnect the Bluetooth and connect again for normal volume to get restored.

Please check this problem in your system.

Steps to replicate the issues are as follows:

1. Connect any Android Phone on Bluetooth and play some music through the system.

2. Receive a call on your phone and pick it up.

3. The music will automatically get paused while you complete your call.

4. Disconnect the call.

5. Now the music starts to play again but the volume is reduced and not at original level which was set. The volume indicator still shows the volume at original level but the sound is reduced.

6. Disconnect the Bluetooth and connect again from the system.

7. Now the music volume is restored and is at correct level.

Do kindly test this and let me know.
Old 18th November 2022, 15:42   #323
BHPian

Quote:
If you receive a phone call while playing music through a Bluetooth connected Android phone, the volume of the music reduces significantly after the call is completed.
Did you check if the Phone's volume is getting reduced? Could be a problem with the phone too

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2022 at 15:52. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag.
Old 18th November 2022, 15:49   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Did you check if the Phone's volume is getting reduced? Could be a problem with the phone too
Yes I checked, the phone volume is the same. Once I disconnect and reconnect from the car stereo it becomes fine.
Old 18th November 2022, 18:38   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I checked, the phone volume is the same. Once I disconnect and reconnect from the car stereo it becomes fine.
Quick update. I just reset the system to factory defaults and paired my phone again and now it seems to be working fine.

Hopefully it will stay okay now. Perhaps just a glitch somewhere that got resolved by resetting the unit.

Thanks all.
Old 27th November 2022, 03:54   #326
Senior - BHPian

Today was the first time I took the eHEV on the highway.

With an early morning start from Bangalore we reached Goa at 6.50 PM.

I learnt and loved the adaptive cruise control and the lane assist features on the way. They were really useful and cut the strain to a large extent.

Braking is a very strong suit of this car, the all 4 discs really have tremendous and sure footed braking power.

The suspension is very well tuned and we did not scrape anywhere including in the Ramnagar - Amod Ghat section which is totally broken.

We were three people with luggage.

The biggest surprise was the mileage.

From a highest number of 28 kmpl to the overall average of 25.4 it was definitely the most economical car on the Bamgalore Goa highway today
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Hybrid Review-img20221126wa0018.jpeg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_094145.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-img20221126wa0005.jpeg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_085726.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_085229.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_084851.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_082213.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_082206.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-20221126_082204.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:45   #327
BHPian

I echo your thoughts exactly @Traveler. I too recently did a 750 KM pure highway drive and got a terrific mileage of 25.25 kmpl via tankful to tankful method and this is with an average speed of about 80 kmph. All this when I wasn't even trying to get the best efficiency.
Overall in my daily commute which involves 40% highway and 60% city drive I am easily touching about 26 kmpl of mileage which is astonishing. The car serves up power effortlessly upto speeds of 120 kmph and is extremely efficient while doing that. This average is about 2.5 - 3 kmpl more than my already efficient Ciaz Diesel Manual.
kush812 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 00:46   #328
BHPian

Hi team!

Are there any subsidies for hybrid models?
Old 12th December 2022, 10:15   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Hi team!

Are there any subsidies for hybrid models?
None. No subsidy or road tax benefits. Zero.
Old 12th December 2022, 10:17   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I echo your thoughts exactly @Traveler. I too recently did a 750 KM pure highway drive and got a terrific mileage of 25.25 kmpl via tankful to tankful method and this is with an average speed of about 80 kmph. All this when I wasn't even trying to get the best efficiency.
Overall in my daily commute which involves 40% highway and 60% city drive I am easily touching about 26 kmpl of mileage which is astonishing. The car serves up power effortlessly upto speeds of 120 kmph and is extremely efficient while doing that. This average is about 2.5 - 3 kmpl more than my already efficient Ciaz Diesel Manual.
What I like more than the economy is the availability of power at any speed. The torque is really good and available at any speed. It helps a lot on highways and during overtaking. The ghat section before Jog falls was no problem at all even with a loaded car.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks