Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 13:08   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post

In the year 2014 I bought Hyundai fluidic verna diesel for myself and Honda Amaze for my wife. In the same year my brother bought newly launched Honda city petrol for himself and Toyota Etios for his wife. 5 years down the line both Honda's in the family had rattles. Amaze build quality was extremely poor and but real surprise was rattles in the famed "Honda city".
Everyone knows that the Amaze as well as the Gen4 City have poor build quality. This is common public knowledge. Page after page has been written about this, there are dedicated threads on this and I have suffered the infamous Gen 4 build myself.

The improvements in the Gen5 are also well documented. The hybrid City is a definite step up from the petrol Gen5, and overall feels much better built.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:30   #347
BHPian

I know sir the 5th Gen does feel better but it's still 2 yrs since it's launch and not many people have bought it unlike 4th Gen. So we never know if the improvements really made a big difference in the long term ownership.

Actually 4th generation brought a big doubt on the minds of Honda fans. Honda lost its legacy not just to SUV era but also because of the way the 4th Gen users suffered.

Today Toyota is in the same boat. They themselves are resorting to same cost cutting techniques by joining hands with maruti. It's only time which will tell if Hyryder has Toyota skeleton or Maruti's. This is the first product from maruti/Toyota duo from Toyota factory and sharing which goes beyond badge engineering. Choosing Global C platform is not a bad decision as Global C platform is either equal to or better then Toyota TNGA-C platform. Choosing maruti interiors will still be ok. But choosing Maruti build quality specially when it comes to chasis will not be acceptable, and i hope it's not the case. Doors are definitely Maruti but Bonet Dicky rest of panels are at par with the competition.
drsachin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:19   #348
BHPian

It is common knowledge that Hyryder is based on Suzuki C Platform even Toyota mentions it in their brochure so glossing over the facts would not solve the purpose. But it being manufactured on this platform is not a problem at all as I already said that this platform can take abuse and is pretty strong in itself and I plan to buy the Hyryder myself as a second car. Further, platforms are not created for every car and cannot be mixed and matched just for 1 market without extensive research.
Also, everyone is here free to choose the product they like and need not justify their purchase, but that decision should not be made while bashing other products and denying the facts and the fact of the matter is both are new cars and both technologies are new for India at the moment and equally unproven.
And for every bad experience there are several great ones as well and if people were to choose on those bad experiences, then companies like Tata would have shut shop long ago.
kush812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 14:47   #349
BHPian

Uncle Khong giving the beans to Honda City Hybrid hatchback:

jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 13:18   #350
Senior - BHPian

Honda City e:HEV set to get new entry-level variants.

Quote:
Honda currently offers the e:HEV powertrain only on the top-spec, fully loaded ZX trim. Priced at Rs 19.89 lakh (ex-showroom), it’s also considerably more expensive than the standard City petrol that currently tops out at Rs 15.62 lakh (ex-showroom). We are told that Honda will introduce a more affordable trim of the City e:HEV, thus, decreasing the gap between the petrol and the hybrid.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 13:59   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda City e:HEV set to get new entry-level variants.
The much hyped hybrid variant didn't find much takers as per the sales personnel at Honda. At ₹24 lakh it’s ₹5.5 lakh costlier than the ZX petrol version. Not going to be economical for most. I don't think adding an entry level variant in VX is going to make any big difference, unless they bring out hybrid in ‘V’ trim and price it at ₹19 lakh. I don’t think that’s going to happen, it’s mostly going to be stopped once the kits are used up.
Old 15th February 2023, 17:48   #352
BHPian

Hybrid Civic at 25/26L may have done better. 'Badi Gaadi' with decent FE.
attinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 19:38   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
With three people and two medium sized suitcases and two duffle bags the boot was sufficient. The small storage area under the boot mat also had a small tool bag that I have kept there permanently. We travelled from Bangalore to Goa with this much luggage and had no issues with the boot.
Crossposting from other thread - It would be helpful if you can share some pics of how are you managing to fit your two medium sized suitcases and two duffle bags without removing the spare wheel. Though the depth is good enough, the height of the boot is really low and I wasn't able to accommodate more than one American Tourister checkin baggage inside the boot in any mode of arrangement. It was a total misfit and the Honda test drive person couldn't help me with any details on what luggage size is ideal for e:HEV's boot.

On a separate note, I have a feedback for Honda dealers that they should have some luggages in the showroom which are optimized for this car's boot and they should demo it for anyone who raises this concern with the sales folks. That way atleast they have a chance to convince customers that by buying the right sized luggage, they can get the best out of this small boot.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:38   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Crossposting from other thread - It would be helpful if you can share some pics of how are you managing to fit your two medium sized suitcases and two duffle bags without removing the spare wheel. Though the depth is good enough, the height of the boot is really low and I wasn't able to accommodate more than one American Tourister checkin baggage inside the boot in any mode of arrangement. It was a total misfit and the Honda test drive person couldn't help me with any details on what luggage size is ideal for e:HEV's boot.

On a separate note, I have a feedback for Honda dealers that they should have some luggages in the showroom which are optimized for this car's boot and they should demo it for anyone who raises this concern with the sales folks. That way atleast they have a chance to convince customers that by buying the right sized luggage, they can get the best out of this small boot.
I fit them in longitudinally side by side lying flat. Don't have pictures but I think you get the idea. The space in the rear wings is used to stuff in the bags and small third bag can be put under the boot flap. There is a odd shaped cutout given there. Ofcourse the suitcases need to packed just right and not bulging otherwise they will foul with the hinges and the rods that are located in the upper area of the boot. Two checking bags are also put in the same way with ease and they slide all the to the back and then you have space left in the area ahead where a couple of bags can be tucked in.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:55   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City facelift launched at Rs 11.49 lakh.

With the City facelift, Honda has introduced two new entry level trims and is offering ADAS even on the petrol variants.

Quote:
Honda has launched the facelift of the fifth-generation City starting from Rs 11.49 lakh and going up to Rs 20.39 lakh for the top-spec City Hybrid. The City facelift features minor cosmetic changes, more equipment, new entry-level variants and a new paint shade
The City Hybrid now retails between Rs 18.89 lakh and Rs 20.39 lakh.

Honda City Hybrid Review-capture.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2023 at 13:00.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:10   #356
Team-BHP Support

That 50K price increase for the ZX hybrid makes it more expensive in Karnataka since the ex showroom now crosses 20L.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 12:29   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post

Had an airport run today morning. One medium size suitcase picture for your reference. It was only my better half travelling so had only one suitacase. You can see it occupies exactly half the space. The space on the sides can acomodate the bags once each on the left and right side.

This is an American Tourister Check-in Suitcase that is filled to the brim.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Hybrid Review-20230303_053538.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 16:18   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

This is an American Tourister Check-in Suitcase that is filled to the brim.
Also, the spare tyre is aligned smartly that we can keep a backpack in the compartment below the parcel tray.
Old 5th March 2023, 22:44   #359
BHPian

Any idea, is the 2023 hybrid model still a CKD for both V & ZX variants? How this is different in build quality compared to domestic production models?
I’ve seen non-hybrid physically but didn’t get confidence on the build quality as against Virtus/Slavia.

And, how about the price for changing battery in case of usage beyond 1.6 lakh kilometres/8 years or if decrease in battery life?

I’m working on cost break even as I’m planning for heavy usage post purchase.
Old 6th March 2023, 19:45   #360

Do we know if the eHev has also received any updates as part of March 2 facelift ? Also, is it possible to replace the existing display system and upgrade to something better available in the after market.

I wish, we could get powered seats at such price. Can that be installed ? at 24-25lakhs that's a steep price to be paid for no features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks