Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 23:05   #151
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
I really hope VW and Skoda aim to focus on the AC problems after the launch of the Virtus. Since the cars are from the same stable, I wouldn't be much surprised if the Virtus has been launched without the group figuring out the AC issues on this one.
Can you please elaborate the AC problem faced by you.
Old 16th May 2022, 23:16   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Can you please elaborate the AC problem faced by you.
Sure, you can go through this thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ditioning.html (Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning)

There is also an article mentioning the same: https://gaadiwaadi.com/skoda-slavia-...ssues-details/
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:20   #153
BHPian

Excellent review, kudos to the authors.

Virtus looks more like the recent North American 2022 Jetta facelift. Engine (1.5L), interiors, and exterior styling are all quite evident in this aspect which is good considering it's a C2 segment sedan. Skoda-VW 2.0 looks aggressive in terms of engine offerings with a 148 BHP engine mated to DSG in this segment. I just hope that the pricing is also aggressive. My brother in Bengaluru is looking to upgrade his Vento 1.2 DSG and Virtus GT trim ticks all the boxes we need. Eagerly waiting for the NCAP ratings for the MQB-AO-IN platform to make the final call on whether to go with these Indian market-specific platform-based models or others like T-Roc which scored well in GNCAP ratings.

Are the headlights projector LEDs? In photos, it appears to be projector lamps.
Old 17th May 2022, 09:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajamass View Post

Are the headlights projector LEDs? In photos, it appears to be projector lamps.
Yes, its a full LED setup with projector. Only Fog Lamps are halogen units.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 21:18   #155

Skoda vs VW Service Experience at Hyderabad

Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am seriously considering one of the Slavia / Virtus (when it launches) cousins as my next daily-commute option. The only concerning point now seems to be the horror stories around the service centers and the in-general panning of them.

I am well on-board with the general idea of "4 days' pain in return of 361 days' pleasure", but I'd like to know "how much" pain I would have to go through during those 4 days, if you know what I mean.

I was prepared for bad service when I purchased my T-Jet but have been pleasantly surprised both with the previous Butta Service center and now the Pride (Mopar) Service. Routine services have not exceeded 6 hours and returned the same day; but body-shop repairs (especially involving insurance) have always required prodding and pushing to get the job done, let alone in a timely manner. It was a sea-change as opposed to what I had seen with my Swift previously where the Maruti Service Centers used to ensure body-shop works were completed much earlier than promised (including all insurance formalities) and used to keep badgering me to pick the car up so that they can accommodate more vehicles for service.

But I was young then and willing to take the risk of mediocre (not poor) service in return for the gem of a machine that is the T-Jet; and as I have aged so has my intolerance for any form of substandard service

I will be buying this new car and maintaining the car in Hyderabad for the foreseeable future and would like to hear how good or bad the service centers are around the Western belt of Hyderabad. A comparison to Fiat's service in Hyderabad will be an added bonus

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th May 2022, 08:51   #156
BHPian

Yesterday, I visited the Volkswagen showroom to check out Virtus in person. Even though it was outside the working hours, the good folks at Volkswagen were kind enough to accommodate our late visit. My observations are below:
  • The car looks stunning. This is coming from a sedan lover who declared Slavia as the best looking sedan in its class. Boy how wrong I was. In my opinion, photos don't do justice to Virtus.
  • The car as a package ticks almost all boxes especially for a family with kids.
  • SA informed that already they are placing orders for Virtus and it will be delivered either May end or the first week of June.
  • He is expecting a price of 13.70L for Highline AT which is slightly more than Slavia Ambition AT which is priced at 13.59L. And for Topline AT the expected price can be 15.5L slightly less than that of Slavia Style AT.
  • He is super positive that these are introductory prices and it is going to go up once it is launched.
  • We were at the showroom around 7.30 pm and after our visit, there was another family came to check out Virtus. This clearly shows the interest in people and I am getting vibes of a successful product.
  • There was no GT line on display and SA was insisting more on booking 1.0L as 1.5 L is having explosive power which will not be suited for our driving conditions
  • Curcuma Yellow Highline was on display at the showroom. Though I am not a fan of that colour in Taigun, it looked stunning on Virtus.Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_191924.jpg
  • Highline gets auto-folding mirrors but gets a manual A/C instead of the automatic ones which in my opinion is a way better implementation than the touch-sensitive ones. However, the plastic quality is now way a VW.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192113.jpg
  • The blank box below the IRVM is a sunglass holder for the export markets in the Highline variant.Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192415.jpg
  • The wireless charger rubber pad was coming off in the demo vehicle.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192942.jpg
  • Other points are covered by fellow team-bhp members. I strongly feel that VW has a winner with Virtus just by looking at sheer interest with aam junta. All on a sudden we have a lot of good looking sedans under the 20L segment
  • Attaching some more photos
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192713.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192639.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192630.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_192217.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_191854.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_191720.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220517_191557.jpg
alenp07 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:08   #157
BHPian

Re: Skoda vs VW Service Experience at Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniraghu View Post

I will be buying this new car and maintaining the car in Hyderabad for the foreseeable future and would like to hear how good or bad the service centers are around the Western belt of Hyderabad.
There are 3 Skoda/VW cars in my close circles and all of them are positive about the quality of service they are getting in Hyderabad. My general hearsay is also on the same lines.
Ojas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:58   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Fellow BHPians,

The only concerning point now seems to be the horror stories around the service centers and the in-general panning of them.
We never had any problems with VW service, yes in early 2010s there were issues of part availability, but considering the new cars are almost entirely localized, it should not be a problem now. Quality of service has always been top notch! Stay away from DSG and you should have a pleasant experience.
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 15:06   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
Highline gets auto-folding mirrors but gets a manual A/C instead of the automatic ones which in my opinion is a way better implementation than the touch-sensitive ones.
Oh dear. Manual AC (rather than "climate control") should be consigned to history! Or, at least, to the cheapest cars.

(I agree about touch-sensitive controls. The only thing is that I find my Polo's climate control so set-and-forget that I have to look at the buttons anyway. Obviously, I don't do that very often, and it is usually to super-cool the car when it has been parked in the sun. One button, "auto" will reset that, and I can find that without looking)

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 18th May 2022 at 15:08.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 17:45   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oh dear. Manual AC (rather than "climate control") should be consigned to history! Or, at least, to the cheapest cars.
Oh! sorry for not making my point clear. I completely agree with you manual AC is big no for me as well. What I meant was automatic ones without touch sensitive controls could have been better just like how Honda implemented in the Gen 5 City.
alenp07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 19:35   #161
BHPian

There is a thread on ineffective A/C of Taigun. Slavia seems to have same setup as Kushaq which also has ineffective a/c cooling in hotter parts of the country. Does anyone know if Virtus has the same A/C as Taigun, or have they fixed the issues in Virtus?
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 02:44   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Lucky for us that they’ve cut costs there instead of structural integrity and sheet metal like some competitors. I’ll accept this over a gizmo-laden tin can any day. Can’t have an affordable car without compromising on something, and IMHO they’ve got their priorities right - strong build, engines, drive train and suspension.
This right here is what I have been trying to convey. As I have said countless times, today’s car market in India is “choose your compromise” market. There is no one car that can offer you everything and if I have to choose one I would gladly go with a car that performs well and is solidly built.

I know that at 15-20 lacs there is no excuse to not offer a well put interior but let’s be honest over here are the competitors who are providing a well put interior offering anything that outweighs safety and performance? I think kushaq, taigun, slavia and Virtus are the only cars offering a front differential lock, multi collision breaking and other safety features right from the base variant. Mod friendly population can go out there and get crazy with that 1.0 TSI to get a good power and torque figures.

I upgraded to 5th gen Honda city from a polo and I sorely miss my polo. I am planning to sell my city as despite being well put it lacks in areas important to me. I wanted to go with xuv 700 but it lacks ESP a important safety feature in MX and AX3. Moreover, for a car boasting about ADAS that’s a huge miss. Even harrier gets it right from the base variant. I can live without a flashy MID but ESP is important to me specially with the amount of highway travel I undertake on monthly basis. I didn’t book XUV 700 just because of this feature missing from the car as ESP is introduced from AX5 variant which is out of budget for me.

Have a look at this video where video creator’s taigun was involved in an accident right after delivery.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 19th May 2022 at 02:45.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 07:58   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am well on-board with the general idea of "4 days' pain in return of 361 days' pleasure", but I'd like to know "how much" pain I would have to go through during those 4 days, if you know what I mean.
I understand where you are coming from and I actually don't subscribe to the above thought. Those 4 days could be of magnificent importance in your life and you don't need to be cribbing about the choices that you made.

Say you are travelling with your pregnant wife to the hospital for an emergency ( yeah the ambulance won't be able to come on time). Say you are in any other medical emergency. Say you are travelling for an important interview/office meeting that you simply can't miss to attend. Say you are in an extremely remote place with your loved one's with no help and network connectivity nearby. And the DSG issue crops up or the EPC error throws up and the car simply gives up !!

I fear the above scenarios panning out in exactly those 4 days and therefore will always be a bit apprehensive of skoda/VW cars. Touchwood in my life none of my vehicles have ever gone kaput or given even a minor hiccup while driving and I plan to keep it that way (makes- Maruti, Chevy, Honda, Ford,Kia, two of these are pre-owned).
I don't want to discourage you from owning a Virtus, it's just a perspective I tried to provide.

Last edited by CR07 : 19th May 2022 at 08:06.
CR07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 09:14   #164
BHPian

I got a chance to visit VW showroom and they had both GT and 1.0 variant on display.

As few members already mentioned you have to see the car in person to appreciate its beauty. Its one of the best looking cars in the market.
I didn't get chance to take pics. They had 3 colors on display Red, blue and white.
Red is best looking of all, Blue was second best and white looked average.

Few points I observed.
> There is a huge gap between Front door and driver seat.
> The interiors look good, no issue with fit and finish and panel gaps are contant
> the boot lid felt flimsy. Could have improved on that.
> seats are very comfortable and spacious.
> Roof liner has bit of flex, but that should be expected.
> Buttons and steering felt solid to use.
saats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:38   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus concept but this time around it’s a black wide body version.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-2.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks