Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 17:17   #211

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Has anyone booked 1.5 DSG Virtus in white?
I booked my vehicle on 12th of March and was assured delivery in this first lot.
But now the dealership is saying that company is only sending GT models in red and grey.
Is this true?
BTW i booked mine from Amritsar and Ludhiana (Ludhiana one as a back up)
Old 6th June 2022, 00:18   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawanohari View Post
Is this true?
I have booked a white Virtus GT as well. My SA said the same thing that they have been allotted only red and grey GT models. And guess what, he informed me that he can deliver either of the coloured GT Virtus as soon as the deliveries would begin - meaning company has sent these cars in excess and haven’t sent white GTs which are booked! I find it absurd as what’s the point of pre-booking the car 3 months in advance! I booked the car on 8th of March itself.

I did escalate the same to the sales manager. He said the scene would be clearer on 9th of June. He also mentioned that he has mailed to the company about my first priority being white and ‘none’ for the second colour option (after confirming the same with me via the phone). I really hope I don’t have to wait forever!
dr.delete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 08:55   #213

Quote:
Has anyone booked 1.5 DSG Virtus in white?
I booked my vehicle on 12th of March and was assured delivery in this first lot.
But now the dealership is saying that company is only sending GT models in red and grey.
Is this true?
BTW i booked mine from Amritsar and Ludhiana (Ludhiana one as a back up)
This is not True at least not in my case- talking about the Bangalore location, i pre booked 1.5 Virtus on 9th March, recently got call for allocation to confirm the color and the variant. I had opted for White, the SA told that if we need to change the color at the last minute then it would take good 3 months for the new allocation.
Delivery of the 1.0 Variant will start post June 9th and the 1.5 will start delivering by end of June.
vpbops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:26   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
This is not True at least not in my case- talking about the Bangalore location, i pre booked 1.5 Virtus on 9th March, recently got call for allocation to confirm the color and the variant. I had opted for White, the SA told that if we need to change the color at the last minute then it would take good 3 months for the new allocation.
Delivery of the 1.0 Variant will start post June 9th and the 1.5 will start delivering by end of June.
Well they are delivering the GT models but only in Grey and Red starting 9th June. They are not confirming the delivery dates for other colours. They are insisting on choosing Red and Grey Gt models to those who have opted for different colours.
Old 6th June 2022, 10:33   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.delete View Post
I have booked a white Virtus GT as well. My SA said the same thing that they have been allotted only red and grey GT models. And guess what, he informed me that he can deliver either of the coloured GT Virtus as soon as the deliveries would begin - meaning company has sent these cars in excess and haven’t sent white GTs which are booked! I find it absurd as what’s the point of pre-booking the car 3 months in advance! I booked the car on 8th of March itself.

I did escalate the same to the sales manager. He said the scene would be clearer on 9th of June. He also mentioned that he has mailed to the company about my first priority being white and ‘none’ for the second colour option (after confirming the same with me via the phone). I really hope I don’t have to wait forever!
Well, my sales manager said the same thing.
Today i got a call from the Skoda people and the are offering me White Slavia DSG top model in a week's time with a Rs 35000 discount + 4 years of free maintainance.
Now i am really confused which vehicle to choose as there is no clarity on the delivery dates of Virtus.
Heart is with Virtus but mind is insisting on Slavia
shrawanohari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 18:56   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
I've been waiting to hear anything from my SA. He has never called. I've been the one chasing them to update on display vehicle, then test drive and now allotment of vehicle.

Have booked the vehicle on 25th March at Palace Cross, Bangalore. I guess the deliveries would start only post 15th June as after the launch on 9th the procedures shall need 2-3 days.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:13   #217
BHPian

Pre-booked the Red GT on the launch date. I had to follow-up even to get the receipt of the pre-booking amount for 3 days.
I still haven't heard anything from the SA after about whether the test drive vehicle is available or not, let alone any allotment status.
Anyways based on the reviews read here about the AC and the other niggles, I will be cancelling the booking.
Old 7th June 2022, 10:00   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
I've been waiting to hear anything from my SA. He has never called. I've been the one chasing them to update on display vehicle, then test drive and now allotment of vehicle.

Have booked the vehicle on 25th March at Palace Cross, Bangalore. I guess the deliveries would start only post 15th June as after the launch on 9th the procedures shall need 2-3 days.
Sorry to hear this , i am in Touch with Prashanth ( 9900017970 ), you can try contacting him, he seems to be responsive, Francis who was the showroom manager has quit.
vpbops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 10:43   #219
BHPian

So I had booked a Red GT line on 21'st May. During booking I had specifically told my SA that if the delivery is delayed then I'll be cancelling the booking since I'm a sailor and then would look at taking delivery only after coming back from my next sail. Turns out that the pressure tactic worked and now I've been allotted a car for delivery on 9'th itself. Car will reach their godown today in the evening. The dealer is getting 3 GT line cars of Red and Silver colour and they did try to make me feel that I've been prioritised, although I feel they might not have had too many bookings for GT line. The dealer quoted a price of 18.2 lakh citing the reasoning that they've been informed by VW that GT line would be around 40k cheaper than Taigun. So according to dealership, price would be declared at 1100 hrs on 9'th and by 1400 they can deliver the car. So let's see. If all goes well then maybe I can take delivery on 9'th or 10'th.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:04   #220

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
So I had booked a Red GT line on 21'st May.
From which dealership did you book?

Last edited by Sheel : 7th June 2022 at 19:27. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 7th June 2022, 19:45   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Virtus for Brazil reveals the economy figures with Ethanol blended fuel:

VW Virtus with 1.0 turbo in both MT and 6AT guise.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-1.jpg

Link
Old 7th June 2022, 20:15   #222
BHPian

Quote:

From which dealership did you book?
Lally motors Chandigarh.
Old 7th June 2022, 21:46   #223
BHPian

One of my friend is looking for a sedan and we went to test drive the Virtus today. We have been following the car updates on teamBHP from quite some time and finally we went to experience the German sedan to understand what the buzz is all about. We test drove the 1.0 TSI Automatic. My natural comparison would be Rapid DSG & Slavia DSG.

• Looks beautiful in any colour
  • Highline variant is well equipped and will be the value for money variant
  • I liked the interiors of Highline more when compared to GT because of use of lighter colour scheme and also the silver panel on dash looks much sober than that in-your face red applique
  • Cabin and boot space is accomodating
  • The engine and gearbox combination is amazing. My daily driver is Rapid DSG yet I found the drivetrain to be engaging to drive
  • High speed stability is amazing and it's fun throwing the car around corners
  • You will have as much fun in the Virtus 1.0 as you would have in the DSG in the speed range of 0-80. It's only after you hit higher speeds, the limitations shows up.
  • Big and comfortable seats, finding right driving position is easy.

Dislikes:
  • I am surprised as to how can VW/Skoda sell a million plus rupee car with such a weak airconditioner. We drove the Slavia 1.5 and AC was a chiller but these 1.0 TSI have some flaw for sure.
  • I was literally sweating in the back seat for straight 10 minutes and I had to shift to front seats to survive the Raipur heat. AC is the weakest link here.
  • When I was behind the wheels, I realised that during stop-go traffic, AC compressor is cutting off. During hard acceleration, I could feel the compressor cutting off again. During the entire 30 minutes drive, the cabin was not cool enough to my liking.
  • There were too many rattles inside the cabin. We drove the Slavia on the same roads but somehow Slavia was far more silent.
  • I hate to say this but cost cutting is evident.
  • There's no manual in 1.5 and the alloys in GT variant looks too bland.
  • Leather on steering was cheap, though it had perforation, it felt like artificial leather.

Virtus no doubt is an all rounder and probably is better than the competition but somehow we were not that impressed with the car as we expected. Now my friend is in dilemma, earlier he was sure that its going to be the Virtus as a replacement to his beloved fusion but after driving it today, he is considering Slavia as an option too. After much discussion we have come to an understanding that if he is spending 15L then it's going to be Virtus Highline and if he's ready to shell more than it's going to be Slavia Style. Why so? - The only reason why he would go with Virtus is that the mid variant is well equipped and doesn't look bare bones like the Slavia Ambition. And on the other hand if the budget permits, then it's Slavia Style variant because we found Slavia Style variant to be a good looker too and interiors felt slightly better put together.

I'm slightly surprised to the fact that when both the cars are based on the same platform then how can Slavia ride slightly better on bad roads and has much silent cabin. I really hope it was something to do with the test drive car because I would not want to hear maruti rattles on a German sedan after paying so much.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220607_142213.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220607_142204.jpg

P.S. Budget is around 15-16 and the only contenders we have shortlisted are Slavia and Virtus. No offence to the owners but we have also driven two other cars in the segment & found the City CVT to be too lethargic as it doesn't suit our driving style. On the other hand the Verna doesn't feel like an upgrade from Fusion in terms of interior space, he is 6'' and he can't fit behind his own driving position. Plus the driving experience in Verna is meh, nothing exciting about it other than the looks.
sachin_cs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:01   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post

Dislikes:[*]When I was behind the wheels, I realised that during stop-go traffic, AC compressor is cutting off. During hard acceleration, I could feel the compressor cutting off again. During the entire 30 minutes drive, the cabin was not cool enough to my liking.
We lived in times when it was advised to us, to not to switch-off and switch-on the AC frequently as it will damage the compressor, don't know how bad all this controlled switching of AC's in these engine combinations will be in long run specially in city traffic. A compressor warranty from the manufacturer -Skoda/VW is a must in this case.

Based on people's reports here it looks like 1.0TSI is not the right engine choice for Slavia/Virtus, a engine which needs regular switching of AC compressor for optimal performance of the car is clear indicator that these engines are not meant for cars of this segment/size.
any23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:43   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Pre-booked the Red GT on the launch date. I had to follow-up even to get the receipt of the pre-booking amount for 3 days.
I still haven't heard anything from the SA after about whether the test drive vehicle is available or not, let alone any allotment status.
Anyways based on the reviews read here about the AC and the other niggles, I will be cancelling the booking.
So today I see WhatsApp status of my sales advisor at VW. It says pre-book today to get priority delivery. Looks like he has forgotten that there are people who had already pre-booked car through him and have not got any further communication.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks