Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 19:17   #256
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Can anybody help me in understanding the variants split up!!

So 1.5, comes in GT line only (Only 1 Variant)??

Apart from engine, Gearbox and GT Line specific trims, is there any difference in features in Top Line and GT Plus line?

Thank you
Rachit
Old 9th June 2022, 19:18   #257
BHPian

Like I mentioned on this thread before, I pre-booked the Virtus GT Candy White on the day of the unveil. Even then, I am being told that the wait time is 2 months ‘minimum’ for the white colour.

Incidentally, the GM told me about a demo T Roc (2020) with 6k KM odometer reading available for sale for 26 lakhs (negotiable) - all inclusive. I’ll be the first owner if I opt-in. The car will come with 2 year warranty plus I can opt in for additional warranty as well.

I always loved the T Roc, but the car got sold out before I decided to buy a car.

My only concern with T Roc is availability of spare parts if VW discontinues the model altogether/doesn’t plan to import the next batch.

Is it worth it to go for T Roc over Virtus GT almost having the same engine specifications and no wireless CarPlay (which is so convenient)?
Old 9th June 2022, 20:19   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.delete View Post
Like I mentioned on this thread before, I pre-booked the Virtus GT Candy White on the day of the unveil. Even then, I am being told that the wait time is 2 months ‘minimum’ for the white colour.
I also had pre-booked the blue GT, got a call today asking if they should go ahead with the allocation of the car. But I have denied as I have not yet got to test drive the car.

Quote:
Is it worth it to go for T Roc over Virtus GT almost having the same engine specifications and no wireless CarPlay (which is so convenient)?
I read demo car and I couldnt get this thread out of my mind. I hope you have read. Though the manufacturer is different, but give a thought before going for a demo car.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...upportive.html (Bought a Citroen C5 demo car | Vehicle delivered in poor shape | Dealer incompetent & unsupportive)
Mumbaiker is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 20:42   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally, the GM told me about a demo T Roc (2020) with 6k KM odometer reading available for sale for 26 lakhs (negotiable) - all inclusive. I’ll be the first owner if I opt-in. The car will come with 2 year warranty plus I can opt in for additional warranty as well.
I remember that the on-road price for the T-Roc 2021 was around 27 Lakhs in Bangalore. So this 2-year-old demo car is definitely overpriced. I think you need to consider it only if the price comes down to 20 Lakhs or below, and that too only if you love the car so much and of course, after a detailed inspection.
VinsWagen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 21:11   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post

I read demo car and I couldnt get this thread out of my mind.
I am following the thread for some time now. Thank you for the reference though. That’s one of the concerns for sure. But the demo car is just 6K used. Moreover I’ll inspect the car thoroughly before finalising it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
So this 2-year-old demo car is definitely overpriced.
I couldn’t agree more. In fact, mine was just a short conversation with the GM regarding the same. Before negotiating with him further on the price and letting my emotional instinct take over, I thought of taking expert advice on this forum. I’ll only negotiate with him if it’s worth the hassle. And oh yes, I love the car!!
Old 9th June 2022, 22:14   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I always loved the T Roc, but the car got sold out before I decided to buy a car.
26 lakhs is too much for a 2 year old demo car. And being a CBU it will always have the risk of spare parts availability.
I would rather suggest spending few lakhs more and buy an Octavia. It is a much better car too.

If you can get the pricing closer to 20 lakhs, it would make sense.

Last edited by sunikkat : 9th June 2022 at 22:27.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 23:01   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Insurance charges in Pune seem to be very high. Mumbai insurance cost is around 68k for comprehensive insurance compared to 93k in Pune? how does that happen?
Yes, I have also received the Pune price list from the sales advisor. Insurance of 93k for GT Virtus while a dealer from Lucknow is asking 77k for the same.

Is it something to do with zero dep? Lucknow price list has 'Comprehensive Insurance' mentioned while the Pune one is zero dep.

Attaching Lucknow price list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Virtus Price List-2.pdf (364.3 KB, 240 views)
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 23:16   #263
BHPian

Yes. If you look at the Mumbai price list, the last item says zero depreciation, which is 12k. Even if we add that to 68k, insurance cost comes to 80k.
Mumbaiker is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 23:56   #264
BHPian

I saw the Highline variant in showroom. To me personally it seems to be the VFM variant in Virtus line up. It has keyless entry and push button start, cruise control, 10 inch touch screen, wireless Apple car play and some other features but it gets rotary ac controls which isn’t as premium looking but I will prefer that any day over the touch controls.
IIRC, taigun Highline skips on push button start and cruise control.
Old 10th June 2022, 08:16   #265

Price List for Virtus, received from Place Cross dealership, the allocation is in process. Customers who would not opt for insurance and accessories would have to wait for 2 months to receive the vehicle, and priority would be given to customer who take the complete package. IMO the accessories are being over priced, i would get better ones in the market for lesser price, same with the insurance the quote would be lesser if consider it online.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20220609wa0003.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20220609wa0005.jpg  

vpbops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 08:36   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
Price List for Virtus, received from Place Cross dealership, the allocation is in process. Customers who would not opt for insurance and accessories would have to wait for 2 months to receive the vehicle, and priority would be given to customer who take the complete package. IMO the accessories are being over priced, i would get better ones in the market for lesser price, same with the insurance the quote would be lesser if consider it online.
What are the 2 columns SVP and the next to it ? Service pack or something?
Old 10th June 2022, 09:37   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
What are the 2 columns SVP and the next to it ? Service pack or something?
Yes these are the service packs , i think we might end up saving 2000Rs to 3000Rs by taking these.
Old 10th June 2022, 11:13   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
IMO the accessories are being over priced, i would get better ones in the market for lesser price, same with the insurance the quote would be lesser if consider it online.
Considering the on going issues with deliveries on Slavia and even the feature changes, I really wouldn't mind paying a few thousand rupees if I'm getting the car by this month.

I second the cost on the accessories, a sum of 8-8.5K would be appropriate.

I'm planning to get 7D mats so these mats would definitely be of no use. Also good that they haven't added body cover as I already have a spare one.

I'm guessing they are pushing 1.0L as much as possible. Mainly the Highline.
Old 10th June 2022, 11:43   #269
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus new TVC

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 12:10   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Considering the on going issues with deliveries on Slavia and even the feature changes, I really wouldn't mind paying a few thousand rupees if I'm getting the car by this month.
Today cancelled the booking of 1.5 GT.
  • I Checked with my family and friends who drive Vento, and they say the Virtus is not even close in terms of built
  • 22.4L for a newly launched model is way too priced with so much cost-cutting with quality
  • the DSG gearbox is another gamble, I have read a lot of posts on this site, and I am not ready to compromise my peace
  • will be going with Honda city; I don't know if I did the right thing. But I didn't want to take any chances :(

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th June 2022 at 20:41. Reason: Please proofread before posting. Trimmed Quoted post, spell and grammatical errors.
vpbops is offline   (11) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed