Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 20:00   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
The only difference between Topline AT and GT Plus seems to be Engine, Gearbox and some fancy badging, dual tone etc. ... ... ... In other words, additional 2.2 lakhs is only for the Engine & Gearbox?
I am not following this vehicle in detail, and it seems like a big price gap, but I can say that I bought a Polo GT TDI for the engine, and GT TSI buyers get theirs very much for the engine and gear box.

Other details in the spec are not nearly so important, although one would be miffed if stuff is subtracted from lower models.

At a glance, the GT engine appears to be considerably more powerful. 2.2 Lakh's worth? Yes, that's a good question.
Old 17th June 2022, 23:38   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
I booked the Virtus 1.5 GT on May 31. At the time of booking, the SA at PPS Volkswagen, Bangalore assured me that cars would reach dealerships soon after launch on June 9 and deliveries would begin immediately. On his advice I arranged finance. Now he tells me there is no word from VW regarding stock allocation and is non-committal regarding delivery.
Anybody else who has booked VW Virtus has any update regarding delivery?
I booked on May 7th. I persisted a lot to get early delivery with any color but he informed me that he can only deliver by August end. He was very transparent. Dealers are receiving very few GT variant. If you are open for colour you have better chances of quicker delivery.
Old 17th June 2022, 23:52   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I booked on May 7th. I persisted a lot to get early delivery with any color but he informed me that he can only deliver by August end. He was very transparent. Dealers are receiving very few GT variant. If you are open for colour you have better chances of quicker delivery.
Congratulations on your new car. Which dealer did you book your car with.
Old 18th June 2022, 09:37   #319
BHPian

My wife and myself attended the Virtus launch event at Mysore yesterday. It was organised at Mysuru Union. They even delivered the first 17 cars at the venue. Sharing pics taken at the venue. Initially they had placed a white and a grey car covered with the satin veil, but the MD of VW mysore (KPR cars) insisted on getting one of the wild cherry red cars to the podium, much appreciated - considering we own a wild cherry red Taigun.

Most of the cars were top end models with a mix of 1.0L and GT models. Most common colour at the event was white followed by grey and silver. There were three reds as well, but only 1 blue. Didn't spot any in the curcuma yellow.
IMO, the red and blue look great in the GT variant with the black roof, in the 1.0L, we liked the silver.

A close friend has bought the blue in GT plus variant, due for delivery on 27th June, waiting for that - he has been a happy polo owner for 8 years, want to see what he thinks of these MQB0IN platform VWs.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_194326.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_183557.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_190622.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_183616.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_194658.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_194656.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220617_194635.jpg
Osteon206 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 14:49   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Is there any room for discounts on the extended warranty and service packs? Also premium quoted by New India Assurance is Rs.36800/- including B2B, RTI and engine protection. Trying to get the dealer to match the same.
Why don't you check acko or digit? They would be significantly cheaper. Also, check for the normal insurance options on policybazaar.

Why do you want the service pack for 4 years paid upfront? Will that not be a huge drain financially, with not many advantages? Enlighten me if I am missing something big here?
abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 19:07   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
I booked the Virtus 1.5 GT on May 31. At the time of booking, the SA at PPS Volkswagen, Bangalore assured me that cars would reach dealerships soon after launch on June 9 and deliveries would begin immediately. On his advice I arranged finance. Now he tells me there is no word from VW regarding stock allocation and is non-committal regarding delivery.
Anybody else who has booked VW Virtus has any update regarding delivery?
I had booked my vehicle on 25th March (@Palace Cross) and was committed delivery as early May, when the launch wasn't announced. Once the date of June 9 was fixed, was told it could be by 15th June or End of June. Visited the showroom today to understand the status. Seems like they're mainly interested in 1.0L variant as they showed me the allotment which had only 3 vehicles of GT. Also Cherry Red GT wasnt a part of it. Really dont understand the strategy of VW here. They had been showcasing Red in all the videos etc and the same isn't being given priority. Anyways, another shocking news was that the Infotainment screen like Slavia will be reduced to 8". I'm assuming it should be the same as that of Skoda. Really in a dilemma if i should continue with the booking or cancel it.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 22:43   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Anyways, another shocking news was that the Infotainment screen like Slavia will be reduced to 8".

Dealer mentioned this to you? My dealer is still committed to the delivery of the car next month-end as promised with the same specs as of today, no changes in screen size.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th June 2022 at 23:11. Reason: Spacing.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:03   #323
BHPian

Planning to get the GT later this year, one of the things that needs addressing are the wheel & tyres. What would be the appropriate size that one can upgrade to? Can we go for 17'?

I have been driving my Vento for 7 years now with a 205 55 setup with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

In other words, additional 2.2 lakhs is only for the Engine & Gearbox?
Is there anything more crucial in a car other than the engine & gearbox? The difference is purely for the technology on offer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2022 at 11:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Bhodrolok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:12   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith View Post
Why do you want the service pack for 4 years paid upfront? Will that not be a huge drain financially, with not many advantages? Enlighten me if I am missing something big here?
The way I understand, paying upfront means you do not have to pay anything for routine service (including labour) for 4 years. Isn’t this a good deal then?

To paraphrase you, am I the one missing something here?
Pequod is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:47   #325
BHPian

After a lot of search and a long wait for official launch, I got my VW Virtus delivered yesterday.
I have been searching for a car to replace my 10 years old VW Polo since long. Below is my details of search, reasons and initial review of delivery.
Search:
I have been looking for replacement of Polo since long.

My major points for search:
• Need more legroom for rear passengers
• Need to have good safety and airbags (Polo had 0)
• Need more bootspace
• Good engine with manual gearbox (May be the last manual I would be driving)
I have considered below options.

Kia Seltos:
• Was really excited for Seltos
• It has met all my requirements.
• But crash test dashed all my hopes, just reaching 3 star rating was disappointing

Hyundai Creta:
• After Seltos Crash test, I expected the same result for Creta and recent test confirmed the same

Tata Nexon:
• Really liked it, but boot space was less.

Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun:
• Loved VW 2.0 models for India
• Test drove both and liked the dynamics of both cars
• But rear seats was very tight fit for 3 members.
• Launch issues were concerning.

Honda City:
• This offers best in class comfort and space.
• Driving dynamics were good.
• But during drive a stone hit underbody of car and there was a loud clunk sound. Felt as if I am sitting in a tin can
• Model looked old to my liking.
• New Hybrid version was out of my budget.

Skoda Slavia:
• Had a great driving experience
• Car felt well grounded and had very little body roll even at high speeds.
• Family loved it
• Was about to book this but wanted to check the Virtus launch before booking it.

VW Virtus:
• Once Virtus was launched, I fell in love with it.
• Everyone in family liked Slavia, but I convinced them to consider Virtus.
• Wanted to get 1.5 manual if launched, but had to get satisfied with 1.0 MT
• Met all my requirements and looked better than Slavia in my opinion.

Booking experience:
I prebooked Virtus sometime after its launch. Got assigned to a SA and he was regularly in contact with me, updating me about the car launch and providing TD at home.
After price reveal, I was disappointed that 1.5 is way out of my budget and with out MT, there was no point in stretching my budget,. So I went to the next best option in MT 1.0 Topline.
After completing all the process, I tried my luck with asking them to get insurance from outside. I was expecting a no. But to my surprise they agreed and even reduced the insurance amount to match the external quote.
The date and time of delivery was fixed. I asked them for extended warranty, but they said they would update it later on as management was not available that day. They had all required docs ready, but said will provide invoice and other docs on a later date as their management was not available.
They charged me for accessories but mentioned before 1 day of delivery that accessories are not yet available and will get them after 15 days. There was no update on the VW app and no dongle in the car, so car tracking is not available yet.

Other then this had a smooth delivery experience. Got some pics clicked and had a small puja at the showroom.
I had a small drive to temple and back home in b2b traffic.

The Good:
• Car is very smooth to drive and steering dynamic though feels light weights up with speed.
• Steering controls and virtual cockpit work seamless.
• Noise Isolation is very good, as soon as you close door we feel the difference.
• Audio is good, didn’t get a chance to compare with Slavia. Feel Slavia will be better than this.
• I didn’t get a chance to explore more on central console, but it is seamless till now.
• Car is very spacious and seat will wrap around you.
• Start stop button is located in central console and we don’t need to search for it.
• I drove Polo immediately after this, and could see how smooth Virtus is compared to Polo
• Cruise control can be deployed at any speed. I was able to deploy it at 43kmph as well.
• Fit and finish is very good with even panel gaps.
• Outer body doesn’t have flex.
• Huge windows provide good visibility
• LED lights are very bright and offer good visibility.

The Bad:
• We can see cost-cutting in many areas
• Roof liner has bit of flex.
• Side view mirrors are very small to my liking.
• Rear window is very small, so not much use of rear view window.
• Parking camera is the worst. Sad to see that on the good quality central console.
• Wireless charger cannot be turned off
• No place for keyfob.

• No app support yet, but was promised, it will be updated soon.
Pics:

Post Puja pic
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220619_182921.jpg

In its true form
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220620_084011.jpg

Blacked out brake lights
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220620_084609.jpg

Interesting to note, complementary service for 1 month, 6 months and 1 year. This was not the case for earlier VW models. Wonder what is the reason for this

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2022 at 13:50. Reason: Edited as requested. Break > Brake
saats07 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:58   #326
BHPian

Quote:
The way I understand, paying upfront means you do not have to pay anything for routine service (including labour) for 4 years. Isn’t this a good deal then?

To paraphrase you, am I the one missing something here?
From what I got to know, This will include any wear on breaks, break pads and even engine components.
Old 20th June 2022, 13:46   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith View Post
Why do you want the service pack for 4 years paid upfront? Will that not be a huge drain financially, with not many advantages?
Quote:
This would need an analysis of the numbers, and I am innumerate and won't attempt it! But a little common sense can sometimes substitute for the ability to juggle compound interest calculations, so I'll make an attempt at that!

1. Money paid upfront for a four year period is earning interest for VW, not for you. In pure financial terms this could only make sense if the service costs are quite heavily discounted. (I wonder why would they do that? Selling cars is not very profitable: the money is in aftersales).

2. Some people may prefer that to laying out an annual amount. One very basic thing about car ownership is that the anniversary month is heavy on the wallet, with both service costs and insurance renewal coming at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saats07 View Post
From what I got to know, This will include any wear on breaks, break pads and even engine components.
Do not consider anything to be included unless it seen in writing. This is simply paying upfront for routine maintenance. It is not any sort of warranty cover.

In my experience, the annual service costs are rarely limited to the simple, basic, service. There are usually other things that get done too, either by choice or need, that bump up the bill considerably.

Perhaps there should be a whole thread on paying service in advance on new vehicles. Wait, perhaps there is already <blush>.

As others have pointed out, the first and most important thing is extended warranty.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 13:58   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Do not consider anything to be included unless it seen in writing. This is simply paying upfront for routine maintenance. It is not any sort of warranty cover.
This is being provided in writing. It will include oil change, consumables and labor charges. But in addition, they are providing the points I have quoted above.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd November 2022 at 08:00. Reason: Typo
saats07 is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th June 2022, 22:53   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post

Dealer mentioned this to you? My dealer is still committed to the delivery of the car next month-end as promised with the same specs as of today, no changes in screen size.
Was able to find this article. I'm guessing it'll definitely be out soon.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...-time/2557886/
Old 20th June 2022, 23:07   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Planning to get the GT later this year, one of the things that needs addressing are the wheel & tyres. What would be the appropriate size that one can upgrade to? Can we go for 17'?
The right upsize with 17 inchers would be 225/45. My MK3 Octavia is running on this spec, stock was same as Virtus / Slavia. If you are upsizing to 17, suggest you lower the car a bit too as in my opinion the current GC is too much for a sedan.

Last edited by sunikkat : 20th June 2022 at 23:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks