Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 01:29   #421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
folks,

EVM VW in Kerala quoting 12000 accessories package as a mandatory item. I found the items included do not worth more than 2k. How is the situation in other state?
I am not sure if the accessories are mandatory. But the dealerships are insisting that it is compulsory to buy. You'll have to call VW and confirm from them. My dealership told me that ceramic coating is mandatory. I called up VW to enquire and although they didn't clarify it on the phone, but the very next day I received calls from dealership (SA's and CRM) informing me that it is not mandatory but recommended. The CRM also informed me that dealership management gave a dressing down to the sales advisors for misinforming the customer. That was enough for me and I did not get the coating.

Anyway, I paid 11500 for the 'must have accessories' and I feel that it is much more than 2k. If you check the prices of 7 odd items in it, it'll be closer to 10k than 2k.
Old 4th July 2022, 04:40   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
folks,

EVM VW in Kerala quoting 12000 accessories package as a mandatory item. I found the items included do not worth more than 2k.
The accessories pack is Rs.12000/- from EVM Trivandrum. The following items are included:
  1. 3D Rubber Floor Mats
  2. Mudflap
  3. Car cover
  4. Sunblind
  5. Waste bag
  6. Pillows
  7. Tissue box
  8. Charger cable (USB C to C, no iPhone)
Above items are definitely worth much more than 2k. While I would have preferred to swap out the tissue box, waste bag and charger cable, the dealer says the package is fixed by VW and no customisation is possible. The other items IMO are pretty decent and have great functional/utility value.

Last edited by Pequod : 4th July 2022 at 04:42.
Pequod is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 07:04   #423
BANNED

The Virtus in its original clean and mature avatar without the chrome overload / crude-almost-aftermarket painted looking alloys / other boy racer touches done for the Indian market.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-7087570659cf4e74a6155332ab65132b.png  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-9eed1dffd426468cab4f7c662fdeea9b.png  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-803dd955bc8a40f9a3d490c3ae08d098.png  

EV NXT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 10:51   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
The accessories pack is Rs.12000/- from EVM Trivandrum. The following items are included:
  1. 3D Rubber Floor Mats
  2. Mudflap
  3. Car cover
  4. Sunblind
  5. Waste bag
  6. Pillows
  7. Tissue box
  8. Charger cable (USB C to C, no iPhone)
Above items are definitely worth much more than 2k. While I would have preferred to swap out the tissue box, waste bag and charger cable, the dealer says the package is fixed by VW and no customisation is possible. The other items IMO are pretty decent and have great functional/utility value.
Did you get a car cover as well? Because other dealers and my dealer too didn't provide a car cover
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220704104817__02.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220704104342__01.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2022 at 11:08. Reason: u > you. Please avoid sms lingo while posting on the forums.
Old 4th July 2022, 11:22   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz666 View Post
Did you get a car cover as well? Because other dealers and my dealer too didn't provide a car cover
Well, as per your list it seems the car cover is swapped for emergency torch.

I am taking delivery today, shall confirm subsequently what’s the package I receive
Old 4th July 2022, 11:33   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Well, as per your list it seems the car cover is swapped for emergency torch.

I am taking delivery today, shall confirm subsequently what’s the package I receive
Lol car cover for a torch.
Attached Images

jazz666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:50   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Mandatory option accessories? Sounds like pulling a fast one to me. Smells of scam.

If they are mandatory, they should be part of the car price. I hate this sort of thing!
Old 4th July 2022, 13:09   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Mandatory option accessories?
Not sure who started it but even Hyundai has Standard Fitment from 6k for Santro to 18k for Alcazar.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 16:47   #429

My car's delivery date is pushed by a month, saying a blue GT wasn't allocated to them. I Was supposed to get it a week back. Booked it in April.

Also dealer- MODY VW is insisting on taking insurance from them, when I pointed out that I am getting their same coverage for almost 40-50k cheaper, they are not budging. They are willing to give a 10-15k discount but that's it.

Their offer, INR 94k for Zero dep. for 1st year and 1-3 years 3rd party thru ICICI Lombard.
ICICI are giving the same to me plus RTI add-on for 50-60k, same with Royal Sundaram. Moreover I see folks here getting it for 35-40k.
I was told vehicles will not be alloted if we take insurance from outside. They told the vehicle is in full demand and they can only do outside insurance in a few months time and suggested to decide if I wish to wait. I am in a bind now.

I booked Slavia on Nov. 18, 2021. Still no news from them for the blue. I went ahead and canceled that recently.

This car thing seems to be dragging along...
Conquistador is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 05:54   #430
BHPian

After having settled for Rising Blue last Thursday, my SA from EVM VW Trivandrum gave me a last minute surprise on Friday morning, saying a May 2022 Curcuma Yellow vehicle was available in Cochin and would I be interested? Immediately rang up a friend in Cochin (one of the first Kushaq owners in Kerala and a holy to God VAG enthusiast ) and asked him to do the PDI. He checked out the car, had a VC with me and okayed the vehicle by afternoon. I made the full payment immediately. The registration formalities were completed by Saturday, and I informed the dealership that I would be taking delivery from Cochin on Monday (as against their guys driving it down to Trivandrum for delivery, blasphemous).

And yesterday afternoon;

Volkswagen Virtus Review-03cdc764d6ae4682867fa43302e68748.jpeg

As for the accessories pack, the dealer informed that car cover for Virtus is not yet available (?) and hence they would be providing torch. The rubber mats, sun shades and pillows are of fairly good quality, and since I was in no mood for any more back and forth, didn’t pursue the matter further.

Drove close to 150 kms yesterday and coming from the Ford TDCi, boy is this engine refined or what. As recommended for the first 1000 kms in the user manual, didn't push beyond 2500 rpm, but I could feel the engine asking for more. Can’t wait to complete the run in and put it through a proper wring!

Last edited by Pequod : 5th July 2022 at 06:00.
Pequod is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 00:01   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR29 View Post

I have a few questions regarding the Recommended RON95 petrol for the car. will it make a difference ?
Congratulations for 2K completion. Car looks great.
I just shifted to 95 Octane on 2.0 Ltr TSI, difference is definitely there, regarding power delivery, smoothness & increased FE.

I highly recommend it.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 00:09   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Congratulations for 2K completion. Car looks great.
I just shifted to 95 Octane on 2.0 Ltr TSI, difference is definitely there, regarding power delivery, smoothness & increased FE.

I highly recommend it.
Same experience on 1.2TSI engine as well. You will feel it.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 10:41   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManMK1 View Post
Volkswagen Connect App - You need to create an account via the link that will be described on the infotainment, by scanning the QR code on your phone. Once you have registered - just hit the login details on the infotainment (note: You need to connect the ICE to a WiFi network to access this)
Mate, what you have described here is the process for download and use of VW Play apps (Sygic maps, Gaana etc.)

The “My VW Connect” application is different - it provides car running, service and other information and requires some kind of activation at dealer level, post which you have to download the app and login through your mobile device. Mine is not yet active and I am following up with dealer.

Last edited by Pequod : 6th July 2022 at 10:47.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:42   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Mandatory option accessories? Sounds like pulling a fast one to me. Smells of scam.

If they are mandatory, they should be part of the car price. I hate this sort of thing!
I suspect that our friends in the automotive industry are taking inspiration from low cost airlines. I was recently looking for fares on some international flights and was happy to find a lowish fare. Then came the check-in baggage fee, seat selection fee and flexi-fare fee. By now the ticket price had doubled and was on par with a much better reputed full cost carrier.

In cars it is worse because they are already very expensive. Pushing things like floor mat into an optional package is quite petty IMO.
Malyaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:47   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Let me know what you guys think?
Which one would you choose, virtus or slavia?
I think the virtus has a better stance and look.
What a surprise this was to find the same exact color of the virtus twin. I had actually parked somewhere else in the mall and the while walking to elevators i found this slavia parked.
Decided to do an impromptu photo session.

These look, at least to me, like a bunch of Transformers. The Virtus looks like an Autobot and Slavia is the Decepticon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks