Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 15:59   #481
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
While 22.5 L seems to bring in Octavia in comparison but as soon as you see the 33L (37 for L&K) OTR in Bangalore without any discounts and 3 months wait, then the Virtus appears to be wise choice.
True but the Octavia fit & finesse is at a different level, however the lack of any sizeable discount is sad.
Old 11th July 2022, 16:19   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
But I wonder if it makes sense to shell out the additional amount for the Octavia for the extra power.
In my opinion, Octavia L&K is the only Octavia worth buying these days. The regular Octavia Style doesn't appeal much. In fact, I haven't seen even a single Octavia Style throughout my daily drives in Delhi NCR. All of them were L&K's, which seems to be the most preferred choice. Although it would cost you around 37.5L in Bangalore.
So, Virtus GT would be a better option if you are comparing it with the Style Octy (depends on the amount of space you want).
However, if you want to really enjoy all that "fit & finesse" as you mentioned, L&K should be the one.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:29   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
However, if you want to really enjoy all that "fit & finesse" as you mentioned, L&K should be the one.
A 15L bump would not go down well at home, also at that price the big 3 Germans start peeking into the horizon which then makes it even more tempting to push it further.
Bhodrolok is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:34   #484
BHPian

Quote:
A 15L bump would not go down well at home, also at that price the big 3 Germans start peeking into the horizon which then makes it even more tempting to push it further.
. So I guess it's better to straight away buy a Rolls Royce, because there won't be any other car left to peek into the horizon after that.
Only thing we can peek into is the hole that we burnt in our pockets while buying the RR!
TechnoBloop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:51   #485

Has VW come up with a new Model for the Virtus?
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5404.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5403.jpg
shrawanohari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:16   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawanohari View Post
Looks like a dealer mod version to me.
Bhodrolok is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:58   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a dealer mod version to me.
A dealer mod version means? I just thought this was a display car to showcase their accessories!
Old 13th July 2022, 16:11   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
While 22.5 L seems to bring in Octavia in comparison but as soon as you see the 33L (37 for L&K) OTR in Bangalore without any discounts and 3 months wait, then the Virtus appears to be wise choice.
True. But then, not long back, the last gen octavia with the 1.8 tsi was available at similar prices with much better quality of interiors and multi link suspension. I bought my TDI L&K for 26 OTR in 2020. My In laws are getting the Virtus GT delivered next week. I would have gladly advised them to go the pre owned route and get an Octavia. But they keep their car for long and it will probably their last car purchase, so let them go ahead with the Virtus!
robby0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:28   #489
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
So VW has started getting the limited editions early on
Old 13th July 2022, 17:57   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
A dealer mod version means? I just thought this was a display car to showcase their accessories!
Some dealers take low variant or mid variant of cars and add few accessories and sell it at a premium. Maruti dealers used to do it previously with their cars. Even VW dealers used to do with Polo previously. Recently I had seen an i20 in one of the Bangalore Hyundai’s dealers too - they did it with Sportz variant.
Don’t think this is a special edition from VW.

Last edited by sunikkat : 13th July 2022 at 17:59.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:10   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Some dealers take low variant or mid variant of cars and add few accessories and sell it at a premium. Maruti dealers used to do it previously with their cars. Even VW dealers used to do with Polo previously. Recently I had seen an i20 in one of the Bangalore Hyundai’s dealers too - they did it with Sportz variant.
Don’t think this is a special edition from VW.
Ahh ok! Got it. Thanks buddy.
Old 13th July 2022, 23:38   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2333079

Attachment 2333080
Looks smashing in white.
Old 14th July 2022, 11:51   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
True. But then, not long back, the last gen octavia with the 1.8 tsi was available at similar prices with much better quality of interiors and multi link suspension. I bought my TDI L&K for 26 OTR in 2020. My In laws are getting the Virtus GT delivered next week. I would have gladly advised them to go the pre owned route and get an Octavia.
True I did think about a pre-owned Octy but good ones seem very rare... Some 2015-16 models but nothing newer.
Old 14th July 2022, 12:20   #494
BHPian

Quote:
True I did think about a pre-owned Octy but good ones seem very rare... Some 2015-16 models but nothing newer.
Yes. Because owners are holding on to their cars. There is no proper upgrade from an octavia right now in any sensible price bracket. Even if i spend double the money i spent in 2020, I can’t even get a 3 series
robby0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:30   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
Yes. Because owners are holding on to their cars. There is no proper upgrade from an octavia right now in any sensible price bracket. Even if i spend double the money i spent in 2020, I can’t even get a 3 series
If you want to move on from a Skoda to another Skoda, there is always the Superb! (although Superb also needs a new gen which is expected to come later this year in foreign markets, its been around for a long time now) But if you are looking for another brand, then yes, it is difficult to find one. Audi A4 isn't worth it anymore, that car really needs an update or even a new generation. The new C-Class and 3 Series prices are sky high!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks