Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 19:14   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

The marks on the roof look look a open palm mark, and can possibly be from trying to push the light back into place. However, unless we know how fast the owner went over this pothole ridden stretch, there is not enough data to conclude anything. Perhaps an inspection of the suspension and rims would provide more info?
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 08:50   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The marks on the roof look look a open palm mark, and can possibly be from trying to push the light back into place.
I will never or in fact no owner will ever touch interiors that to beige or lighter tone ones with dirty hands whatever be the case, which in case is the case here.

What I have noticed personally is that technicians in the aftermarket accessories world or even in ASS do not care much about such things, they have fixed set of targets and do not care about clean hands, they just wipe hands with a dirty cloth and start working again.
any23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:46   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
As regards Skoda-VW's 2.0 cars, they are based on the MQB-A0 IN platform, which is heavily localized for India, which basically means costs have been cut down to cater to Indian Market..
But the on road price of these new cars tell a different story mate!
Old 27th July 2022, 09:54   #529
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
if they were made on the MQB-A0 Platform (as in international Markets), on-road prices would have been much higher.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:19   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
This car is bigger than what it's supposed to replace, the Vento. So it will definitely cost a lot more than the Vento. Also heavy localization doesn't mean the car will be made completely with Indian parts, VW still uses some imported parts, and when it reaches India the price skyrockets due to our infamous taxation policies. The 1.5L TSI EVO engine is a completely imported unit, it is not manufactured in India, so this again increases the price of the GT variant. They have tried to localize the parts as much as possible, but we can see where it has led them to : poorer quality interiors than it's predecessors. If they offered the interior quality like that of the Vento, well finished and usage of excellent quality materials, prices would go high again. Then you guys would be the one complaining that the car is too overpriced and isn't worth it.
So, in a way I am happy that they did not decide to localize the parts more, if they had done it then it would've been a disaster for them!

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 27th July 2022 at 14:22.
TechnoBloop is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:31   #531
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
So, in a way I am happy that they did not decide to localize the parts more, if they had done it then it would've been a disaster for them!
Exactly, I totally agree with every word you have said but the car is fun to drive and that remains the essence of the Virtus.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:35   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Dirty finger marks around the lamp socket; the story can be very different than what is being told .
In this case, I doubted that the first moment I looked at those pictures. Then I saw the finger/tool marks on the roof lining. I think this is 99% a made-up story.
Old 27th July 2022, 16:26   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, I totally agree with every word you have said but the car is fun to drive and that remains the essence of the Virtus.
Yes, at least VW did not make the blunder of compromising ride dynamics and I appreciate them for that. Otherwise there would've been almost 0 reasons to choose a Virtus/Slavia over the Honda City. We can live with a slightly compromised interior quality. Only the previous VW owners can identify the quality drop between Vento and Virtus, for other brands car owners, it won't be much noticeable. The quality is at par with the competition if not better.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 27th July 2022 at 16:28.
TechnoBloop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 21:36   #534
BHPian

Quote:
if they were made on the MQB-A0 Platform (as in international Markets), on-road prices would have been much higher.
So the Virtus is not exactly new, right !
Please do correct me if I am wrong. The Virtus was originally launched in Brazil way back in 2018. With the MQB platform. Obviously the subdivision of the platform will be different and country specific. But do teambhp folks honestly think we are getting a brand new car from the ground up. If you see the 2018 virtus launched in Brazil I don't find much of a difference in terms of design. Yes yes, there will be changes in cost cutting terms and also in the engine and chassis but what else.
Many reviewers here keep saying it is a brand new car from the ground up. So 2018 to 2022 is a four year old model that we get. Below are a few images taken from a Brazilian website shows the look of the 2018 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220727213225.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220727213035__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220727213054__01.jpg  

raycers_honda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 23:12   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
So the Virtus is not exactly new, right !
Please do correct me if I am wrong. The Virtus was originally launched in Brazil way back in 2018. With the MQB platform. Obviously the subdivision of the platform will be different and country specific. But do teambhp folks honestly think we are getting a brand new car from the ground up. If you see the 2018 virtus launched in Brazil I don't find much of a difference in terms of design. Yes yes, there will be changes in cost cutting terms and also in the engine and chassis but what else.
Many reviewers here keep saying it is a brand new car from the ground up. So 2018 to 2022 is a four year old model that we get. Below are a few images taken from a Brazilian website shows the look of the 2018 model.
It is not a 4 year old model that we get, it is a new generation of a pre-existing car that we get. The engine options of Brazilian Virtus and Indian Virtus are completely different as of now, the 2022 Virtus (ours) has been spied several times in Brazil, so am unaware of their powertrains. The LHD low-slung Virtus that we saw on Indian roads with those sporty looking alloys are to be exported to 25 other countries. (SOURCE-https://www.carandbike.com/news/made...ntries-2798895)
Name:  Screenshot 20220727 230802.jpg
Views: 1640
Size:  54.5 KB
They also get a much sportier GTS variant powered by a 1.4TSI engine.
It was never a new car built from scratch, it is a car that has been majorly updated to fit an Indian car buyer's needs. The platform is more or less the same, it's just been slightly Indianized. I don't know how this would affect the build quality since Brazil already is a market known for making cheap budget grade cars, but the Virtus has scored 5 stars in Latin NCAP. I hope that safety carries over to the new-gen Indian Virtus as well, fingers crossed.
I guess it was a good move by them since many Indians don't know that Virtus already exists in the world and they saved a lot of money by not making a completely new car! VW has too many cars under their belt now, too many, it's difficult to keep track of how many models exist currently and a new one would create even more confusion!, so I guess it was a good decision made by VW.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 27th July 2022 at 23:30.
TechnoBloop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 23:46   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
It is not a 4 year old model that we get, it is a new generation of a pre-existing car that we get.
Exactly, it could be like how current i20 is to the one was launched in 2008. Same name but different cars.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 01:13   #537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The marks on the roof look look a open palm mark, and can possibly be from trying to push the light back into place.
Let's assume this is the real scenario which happened here. Ie. The owner drove the car over that potholed road and the cabin lights came off. So in order to fit the light back, he pushed the cabin light and hence the dirt marks. He must have taken this picture before trying to fix the dangling light, then why dirt marks. I am also not sure why some one would be driving a car with dirty hands.
Old 28th July 2022, 02:36   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
... I am also not sure why some one would be driving a car with dirty hands.
That's easy. Life happens! And it doesn't always leave our hands clean.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 07:14   #539
Senior - BHPian

I think we are giving too much importance to some random video which we don’t even know whether real or fabricated. Time to move on.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:14   #540

Took delivery of the Virtus 1.0 Topline AT yesterday. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The build quality felt good to me. The buttons from the cabin lights are a bit stiff and makes noise when pressed, but in no way I feel that they might fall off on bad roads like in the above mentioned video.

Coming from an Elite i20, the car feels much more premium. The brake sound on really low speeds does exist but nothing to worry about as per my SA and neither did I feel that it is an issue which would bother me very much

Overall I can definitely say that driving it made me happy and would surely recommend others to try the car for themselves before making up there mind.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-60c3c08ebb8e42f2bfa78d103ef3855a.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-ea1fb8aff0c241a58783d9b833b1ed80.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-c7511e5ae8c84efd87b55266c7018aa2.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-fdfd9db4e2b34a5b87661f23a0d8f4b6.jpeg
Venkygupta is offline   (26) Thanks

Most Viewed