Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:53   #586
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
I have booked a Virtus 1.0 AT Highline here in Delhi. The price offered is as follows:
Ex showroom:1427900
TCS: 14279
Insurance: 60,591 includes all coverages like zero dep, rti etc
Fastag: 500
Standard accessories: 11,499
Total: 1663889
Price offered: 1630000 without any negotiation, but not willing to budge further
1.Check insurance price online on policybazaar and ask them to match that price or get the insurance yourself, dealers make a big profit on insurance.
2. Due to part shortage cars are manufactured without some parts and later on when parts arrive cars are shipped, so it's a possibility that a 3 month old car is there.
3. Service costs have reduced significantly now, no need to get the service package, moreover this package is i think dealer specific, check these prices on volkswagen's website.
4. Extended warranty is a must have, and these prices are from manufacturer, get it with the car only, these get expensive as the car ages.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:41   #587
Senior - BHPian

Made-in-India Volkswagen Virtus to launch in Mexico on September 5: Motorpasión

Also interesting: Latin NCAP revealed in an interview with Mexican media that new results will be published soon (youtu dot be/WwQ4UKYtWUY). Coincidence? Latin NCAP results for the first-gen Virtus and T-Cross were revealed on the day of their launches.

Last edited by ron178 : 25th August 2022 at 11:47.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:24   #588
BANNED

Found this piece of information on Cartoq. It shows a crashed VW Virtus.
https://www.cartoq.com/first-crash-o...build-quality/

Volkswagen has re-affirmed its presence in the sedan category with the Virtus, and the one thing it still hasn’t compromised on is its safety. A YouTube video from the channel of ‘The Creator’ shows a few visuals of a Volkswagen Virtus that met with an accident on a busy in-city street.The visuals of the Volkswagen Virtus crash show a few highlights of how strong the build quality of the vehicle is in real conditions. The video shows a blue-coloured Virtus, which looks like a top-spec 1.0-litre TSI Topline automatic variant, badly damaged after meeting up with a frontal collision. The video shows that the engine bay has been completely damaged due to the collision, but the A-pillars have absorbed the impact very well. There are no signs of impact in the side profile beyond the A-pillars, which show the strength of the car’s frame. Even the doors are opening normally.On the inside, the signs of damage are more prominent, with the car having a badly-damaged dashboard. Both the front airbags of the car got deployed due to the frontal collision, while we can also see other parts like the transmission tunnel, seats and rear AC vents in damaged form. There are no major damages seen in the rear compartment of the car. Also, only the front airbags got deployed, and not the side and curtain airbags, as the car faced the impact only from the front.

The video hasn’t revealed the condition of the driver or any other passenger inside the Virtus that met with this accident. However, given the intensity of the damages, we can predict that the passengers inside the cabin should be safe with minor injuries.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:48   #589
BHPian

It's really confusing how auto makers decide replacement for existing models. Virtus is clearly a segment above Vento, if we look at the dimensions and prices. Virtus dimensions are closer to Skoda Laura which was segment above Octavia about 10-15 years back. Same is the case if we compare 5th gen Honda City with Civic of 2006. Vento, City (esp 3rd gen and earlier) dimensions were perfect for a city beater sedan, but their latest avatar, cannot satisfy that segment.
Old 25th August 2022, 14:07   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Manabendra S View Post
A YouTube video from the channel of ‘The Creator’ shows a few visuals of a Volkswagen Virtus that met with an accident on a busy in-city street.The visuals of the Volkswagen Virtus crash show a few highlights of how strong the build quality of the vehicle is in real conditions.
This is utter nonsense.

There is no detail of the accident itself. It might have been at 5kmh or 50kmh.

I am a confessed VW fanboy, and certainly hope that the safety and build quality are as high as I'd expect. But I am also a fan of accurate reporting and very much against baseless assertions. And claiming evidence of build quality, bad or good, simply by seeing the end of result, without knowing how it happened, is baseless.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:22   #591
BANNED

Hello Thad e ginathom, I know that the video does not reveal the speed at which the crash occured, but I hope so that VW or Skoda has not gone with the Kia way of localisation. Cause that's what pulls the customer towards it. The build quality. I sincerely hope that they will not try to lose market share in India, where still now, many people don't know a company called Volkswagen or Skoda exists.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 23:05   #592
BHPian

Quote:
The build quality.
What exactly is the definition of 'build quality'? For some reason this term is very popular in India these days.

Do you mean the way parts are held together? Or is it that you dont expect the car to get damaged in an accident?

I hope you are not mixing 'Safety star rating' with 'build quality'.

Manufacturers design cars to keep occupants and pedestrians safe, thats all. They dont care about the shape of the crumpled bonnet after an accident.

So just because the bonnet of a Baleno is crumpled more than a Virtus is purely a coincidence and does not make one less safe than other.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 23:58   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The build quality.
Please, don't feel picked on here!

In fact, I had already reacted to an earlier mention of one of these pics, associating it with build quality, in a similar way, and the strength of my response to you post was not aimed at you, but at the source, cartoq. .

Be aware too that there are those who make some of these accident examples into inter-brand quality competitions.
Old 27th August 2022, 00:02   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummybear View Post
Virtus is clearly a segment above Vento, if we look at the dimensions and prices. Virtus dimensions are closer to Skoda Laura which was segment above Octavia about 10-15 years back.
Laura was never a segment above Octavia. It was just MK2 Octavia re-badged as Laura in India and MK1 Octavia was sold along side for a while.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 00:29   #595
BHPian

I love these build quality discussions.

1. There are VW fanboys who still believe they make same solid cars in India.
2. There are previous VW fanboys, who will not even look at current VW India cars.
3. There are neutrals who think VW is known for solid buid cars, so they must be.
4. There are first time buyers, who think a VW despite not their usual self, will still be better than a Suzuki/Hyundai.

For me 'Build quality' is a vast term. The scope does not end with crash test ratings. It is just one aspect (which can't be compromised).

But as far as build quality is concerned, good crash rating is like the bare minimum to be considered for starters.
Indepth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 00:37   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Laura was never a segment above Octavia. It was just MK2 Octavia re-badged as Laura in India and MK1 Octavia was sold along side for a while.
Agreed, but in India both were sold along for about couple of years and Laura being bigger, better and costly, was positioned as segment above Octavia, instead of replacement for Octavia then.
Old 27th August 2022, 16:06   #597
BHPian

One of our fellow member recently shared a news article of an accident of VW Virtus, this is related to that. So interestingly, the person who shot the video was the owner himself.

I am sharing some pics of the replies that he made:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot-20220827-155524.jpg
Name:  Screenshot 20220827 155350.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  16.3 KB
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot-20220827-160147.jpg

I personally find it unbelievable that the car crashed at a speed above 100kmph and the passengers came out safely with minor injuries, again these things were said by the owner himself!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 27th August 2022 at 16:27.
Old 27th August 2022, 16:22   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
I personally find it unbelievable that the car crashed at a speed above 100kmph and the passengers came out safely with minor injuries, again these things were said by the owner himself! If what he said is true, then we can expect a good score from the VW 2.0 cars in the crash tests and VW India would also be able to retain a factor that they excel in- safety! (because they are facing a lot of backlash regarding how poorly made the 2.0 cars are in comparision to the earlier VW cars)

What do you guys think?
I doubt anyone crashing at 100 kmph would come out alive to describe the incident. NO matter which car he/she is travelling in. Glad to know that the Virtus owner and his family is safe but may be he might have seen the speed before he applied brakes and the actual impact speed would be less.
neoonwheels is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:01   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

100kph sounds a lot: 62.5MPh, not so much!

I have to admit that there is, to me, a completely different feeling, doing 100kph in India, compared to 62MPH in Britain! Is it the psychological effect of a three-digit number, or what? Even on a clear road, it feels so much faster in India.

But, with seat belts and air bags, one should certainly be able to walk away from a crash at that speed. Without seat belts, not so much.

I don't think this crash should derail this thread! But that's in the hands of the mods.

Having said that, my input on the matter is this: check out the environment, there's a fruit and veg market on one side of the road. 100kph? He's a liar or a lunatic!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 27th August 2022 at 20:04.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:05   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
What do you guys think?
Shouldn't he be fined as well for dangerous driving of 100 kmph (self confessed) on that narrow Road? Hawkers might be sleeping in some of their shops even if it was in the dead of night.

Most Viewed