Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 14:09   #616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Do the keyless-system fobs use more power than the old-fashioned remote+key combination? I am yet to enter that world..
I don't know if they use more power, but I've changed batteries on both my keyfobs recently. One conked off in 2+ years, and the other one was working intermittently. I have also been stuck with the dead key battery and no way to open the car. The batteries themselves are inexpensive and are easily replaced.

Now I use both of them alternatively so that they are used frequently enough and one not draining away in a cupboard. Don't know if usage helps with the battery life, but this was suggested by the local shop where I got the key fobs checked initially.
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:56   #617
BHPian

Hey members, VW India just posted an AUA(Ask Us Anything) Instagram story about the Virtus. I request you guys to spam their story asking them to sort out all the problems and improve the car's overall quality as well. There would be no chance that they ignore all the responses. Since they aren't doing anything, we have to be the ones who take an initiative and force them to improve the car.

Link-https://www.instagram.com/stories/vo...1838711849374/

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 2nd September 2022 at 12:59.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:16   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
VW India just posted an AUA
I did, but I highly doubt that they would reply to any of such responses which will result in negative marketing of the car.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2022 at 17:12.
Venkygupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:28   #619
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen India has announced that it has delivered over 5,000 units of the Virtus since its launch in June 2022.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220902_162650.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:26   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
I did, but I highly doubt that they would reply to any of such responses which will result in negative marketing of the car.
I know they won't reply. But there's no harm in asking them, right? If they see that most of the questions were related to the problems that Virtus faces, then they will have to do something about it, at least they will face the urge to speed up the process of improvements!
The sooner they solve the problems, the better it will be for them.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 2nd September 2022 at 17:30.
TechnoBloop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 23:58   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
A question to Virtus 1.0 TSI manual transmission owners, have you guys also faced AC issues (compressor getting cut off in bumper to bumper traffic) that is plaguing Kushaq & Taigun?

A friend of mine has shortlisted Virtus 1.0 TSI MT but is concerned about the AC issue, VW dealers are saying that the issue isn't present in Virtus but my friend hasn't been able verify the claim since he couldn't get a TD car with 1.0 TSI & MT config.
Nothing as such. I have the 1.0 TSI Mt and the Ac works like a charm. I opted for the manual rotary knobs instead of the touch panel. Ac chills really well. And the position of the vents are spot on. Better than any other car in the segment. My Virtus was in the 700s on the production line. Which means between 1st and 2nd batch. And till now no such issue of cooling even on a 150 km scorching heat drive to Pune or in bumper to bumper traffic on a hot sunny afternoon.
raycers_honda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 00:13   #622
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the Virtus Highline gets the auto AC?
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:44   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Virtus Highline gets the auto AC?
The Virtus Highline does get Auto AC but it's optional. I think you have to pay 10k or 15k extra for the Auto AC, I don't remember the exact number.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:30   #624
BHPian

Quote:
The Virtus Highline does get Auto AC but it's optional. I think you have to pay 10k or 15k extra for the Auto AC, I don't remember the exact number.
Oh okay, I am ready to pay the difference but the dealer insists that there is no Auto AC in Highline variant.
manubg92 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:13   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Oh okay, I am ready to pay the difference but the dealer insists that there is no Auto AC in Highline variant.
LOL, no AC? The option of Auto AC is definitely there. But I am unaware of the situation right now, I had read somewhere that they aren't offering any Auto AC in Highline variants right now due to the chip shortage, they are stocking it up to provide the Auto AC in Topline variants. So what your dealer said could also be true!
On a side note, is Auto AC required buddy? Because in my opinion the Manual AC is a better option due to the ongoing AC issues in 1.0L cars. It does give a slightly cheaper feel to the cabin ambience but it has physical controls, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker!

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 3rd September 2022 at 15:42.
TechnoBloop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:53   #626
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, no AC? The option of Auto AC is definitely there. But I am unaware of the situation right now, I had read somewhere that they aren't offering any Auto AC in Highline variants right now due to the chip shortage, they are stocking it up to provide the Auto AC in Topline variants. So what your dealer said could also be true!
On a side note, is Auto AC required buddy? Because in my opinion the Manual AC is a better option due to the ongoing AC issues in 1.0L cars. It does give a slightly cheaper feel to the cabin ambience but it has physical controls, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker!

Yeah you’re right. Manual AC makes more sense. And I think Auto AC isn’t available in highline variant at least now. I enquired a couple of dealers and all said the same. But my dealer didn’t even talk about the 15k discount. I’ll talk to him again and let’s see what he says.
manubg92 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:20   #627
BHPian

Quote:
The issue with cabin heating up in traffic can be worked around by keeping the air circulation manually to recirculated air. What happens is that as soon as compressor cuts off, the air circulation switches to fresh air and hence cabin warms up very quickly. Just keep it recirculation and things will be fine.
Old 4th September 2022, 22:26   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Expecting any communication from VW is a no no. My personal experience with the journey of pre-booking GT Virtus in March to getting an allotment a day ago. Had to do multiple follow ups. Also had booked a Red GT, but had to settle for White as I didn't want a smaller screen.

If you're really in need of a car, I think the allotment will be faster if you take the insurance and loan from them, try your negotiation skills to extract best as you can. Or be ready to wait.
Hi All,

In reference to the above I had to cancel the delivery of my White GT. Two main reasons for the same, One was due to some personal issues I wasn't able to pursue the delivery. Second, my family was absolutely unhappy and everyone was really interested in the RED. However, was very upset and hence no update here. Was convincing myself with the thought, Jo Hota Hai Acche k Liye hota hai (whatever happens, happens for the good)

With the turn of events and the dust settling down, I was once again getting to see the light of the day. I hadn't cancelled the booking and kept it live as I'm in need of a car. There was absolute silence for past 6 weeks and no communication from either side. Got a call a week ago from VW that the car was allotted again and if I'm interested in taking it now. I refused as it was again a White GT. Considering my family wasn't happy and that due to unknown issues I wasn't able to pursue the delivery, I made up my mind on only getting the RED this time.

A couple of days, back again got a call that they've been able to arrange a RED GT. Was overjoyed with the news. However, there are a couple of things I need expert advice and suggestion on. The last time I wasn't given a chance to do PDI citing that they don't allow anyone in their yard and cant get it to the showroom due to low space. I really want to do a PDI and make sure everything is as it should be. The dealer is VW Palace Cross.

The catch is my family is not here and are expected to be back by October end or early November. I'm not willing to take the delivery without my family, nor do I want to let go of this opportunity of getting the car in our choice of color and wait again for a few months. I'm ready to do the formalities and block the car and registration etc. What are options? Will the dealer support by keeping the car for over 45 days in his premises ensuring no damage.

Awaiting you valuable inputs.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 14:36   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Hi All,

The catch is my family is not here and are expected to be back by October end or early November. I'm not willing to take the delivery without my family, nor do I want to let go of this opportunity of getting the car in our choice of color and wait again for a few months. I'm ready to do the formalities and block the car and registration etc. What are options? Will the dealer support by keeping the car for over 45 days in his premises ensuring no damage.

Awaiting you valuable inputs.
I am no expert in this field, but here are some of my views.

First of all, not allowing anyone for a PDI in the yard is pure nonsense. I was allowed to do it when I bought my Vento 7 years ago, although it was a different city, not Bangalore! So, I don't know the particular reason behind why your dealership isn't allowing to do so.

Second, if you are worried about the touchscreen size being reduced in the next batches of Virtus, fret not. As of now, they can't replace it with a smaller touchscreen because of the integrated dashboard layout.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot-20220905-143739.jpg

Third, it's true that Red GT has a lot of waiting, a lot. My relative literally booked the car(Red GT) on June 9 when the prices were revealed and still hasn't been allotted one. He is also stuck in the same situation like you, he doesn't want to opt for any other color but he isn't in instant need of a car. That said, White, Blue and Silver GT have a lot less waiting than Red and CS Grey! So if you reject the allotment of this Red GT, then don't expect a Red Virtus GT for again a month or two (until and unless someone cancels their booking and luckily you get the chance).

Fourth, if you confirm the Red GT Virtus allotted to you right now you will basically start owning the car. This means, officially the dealership has let go of the car and it won't be their responsibility now! So, there's no surety that the VW dealership will take care of the car for 45 days. That's more than a month! And moreover, it's a VW dealership, they're notorious. (maybe your dealer could be trustworthy, I have no idea about that)

So, the best and the safest 2 options you have right now would be either to take delivery of the car before your family is back or to again wait for another Red GT allotment (this will depend purely on your luck!)

Moreover, I don't think any dealership will allow to keep the car at the yard for more than a month and take care of it. By any chance, even if they will, they most probably would just park the car there and won't even look back at it!

I request other members also to share their views regarding @kaushiksudra's problem.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 5th September 2022 at 14:41. Reason: typos
TechnoBloop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 17:24   #630
BHPian

I have bought my Vento from Palace cross and they allowed me to do PDI before delivery. I could visit their yard near the NICE road junction on Tumkur Road (Not sure if it has changed now). Also I feel as @technobloop says either buy the car now or let it go. Once it gets registered no one will take care like how you take care. It’s a risk no dealer will be willing to take. Things are easing out and you should get red again. Also, try checking out racing blue in GT if you haven’t already. It’s a pleasant surprise. I went for Red and changed my mind to blue after seeing the Blue grey combo in person.
prabhuferrari is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks