Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 13:45   #646
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Just took delivery of my Blue GT. Will post my views after few days. Attachment 2356373Attachment 2356374
That looks really stunning. I'm mesmerized by this shade. But I already own a Kinetic Blue Ecosport and hence want to go with RED.

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 9th September 2022 at 13:45. Reason: Typo
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:48   #647
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I took delivery of my Virtus GT today from BU Bhandari VW Wakad showroom. Delivery experience was very good, was allotted the car after lot of waiting and escalations but things were managed pretty well.

Big thumps up to the staff for helping out delivery on time even after I changed my colour from Carbon Steel to Red couple of months back (Yes its a GT and that too RED so waiting is as much as 4-6 months until someone cancels their booking and you are chosen as the lucky one ).

A snap from the delivery, will be posting a detailed experience after few KMs of experiencing the GT.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5152.jpg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 15:33   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Have finally decided to go ahead with VW Virtus , booking it tomorrow. Yellow is the colour and everyone in the family is excited to welcome the second VW.
Getting the vehicle delivered on Thursday finally. I have taken the leasing route via my employer. The vehicle was allotted early August and was waiting for the paper work to be completed since around the 20th August.

Did a prelim check last Saturday at the yard, despite being a bit unwell. Will do a proper PDI during the delivery.

No major accessories except for the aluminium pedals and the mud flap. Planning to go for 3M mats and the crystalline series sunnfilm ( through a vendor I know) , which is transparent but far better than the coloured ones , basis what I read.

Any views from the bhpians who have installed these recently.
Old 13th September 2022, 23:09   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
Yeah you’re right. Manual AC makes more sense. And I think Auto AC isn’t available in highline variant at least now. I enquired a couple of dealers and all said the same. But my dealer didn’t even talk about the 15k discount. I’ll talk to him again and let’s see what he says.
Finally the dealer acknowledged that there is a 15k discounts for the manual AC. Also got the insurance at 37k with instead of the earlier 72k (which had only zero dep add on) with the addons of Zero Dep, RSA, Engine Protection, Key replacement and RTI cover. So the final price now for Highline AT is

Ex Showroom - 14,27,900
TCS - 14,279
Insurance - 37,000
Road Tax - 2,69,445
Fast Tag - 500
Accessories - 11,850
HP & Smart card charges - 2800 (Invoice will be given)

Discounts - 15k reduced for AC

Final On Road - 17,48,774

SA told that the extended warranty amount (4+2 years) should be paid separately later during the delivery. Also planning to get the SVP for 4 years. Have read mixed opinions about it. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it?
manubg92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 13:27   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post

SA told that the extended warranty amount (4+2 years) should be paid separately later during the delivery. Also planning to get the SVP for 4 years. Have read mixed opinions about it. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it?
There is a SVP for 4+1 Hi5!, do you think the price is justified for this package?
Old 14th September 2022, 19:53   #651
BHPian

Got full PPF and VLT sun films done. Car is amazing. Just one thing am unable to figure out. How to mute music played via CarPlay from steering?

Here is a pic taken in hurry in mount road, chennai! Volkswagen Virtus Review-2d4b296b7d9140e9b4b07b35e8789bf8.jpeg

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 14th September 2022 at 19:55. Reason: Specifics on mute
prabhuferrari is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 20:11   #652

Quote:
How to mute music played via CarPlay from steering?
Just press the volume scroller

Last edited by Aditya : 15th September 2022 at 07:17. Reason: Quote tags fixed
sreejithvpna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 02:58   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Anyone in Bangalore contemplating to get a XUV 7OO instead of Virtus GT after the water situation?

BUT suddenly this Water situation in Bangalore has had me thinking if I should better get a SUV (very specifically XUV 7OO).
The Floods situation is not as bad as everyone (news and social media) make it seem like, areas which are built on closed lakes are facing that issue, Bangalore ORR and nearby areas.
Without getting too political about the matter, there is no quick solution for that matter as the water simply doesn't have anywhere to go.

If I were you I would just go for Virtus, it's far more pleasurable car to drive and easier to navigate the horrendous Bangalore traffic.
k491 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 09:40   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Got full PPF and VLT sun films done. Car is amazing.

Attachment 2358284
Congratulations on the Virtus. May I ask where you did the PPF? Any recommendations in Chennai? Am looking for ceramic with partial PPF and a recommendation would really help.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 10:08   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audik75 View Post
Congratulations on the Virtus. May I ask where you did the PPF? Any recommendations in Chennai? Am looking for ceramic with partial PPF and a recommendation would really help.
Thank you. OCD Adyar/Tiruvanmiyur
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 11:09   #656
BHPian

Yesterday I did a back to back TD , first XUV700 and then the Virtus.
XuV (diesel FWD) had already run 20k and the Virtus had just 5k kms on the Odo.
Somehow I felt that Virtus was more plush on the potholes and undulations than the XUV.

Even though I had booked Virtus few months back(awaiting my delivery), I was in 2 minds whether to switch to a SUV. I think the ground Clearance on offer by the Virtus would take me anywhere but even then I would have to baby it over big speed breakers.
Yes the Xuv has a good seating position but due to the high CG the speed at which it travels is quite apparent. 80 feels like 100 incase of Xuv and Vice Versa for the Virtus.

How is the performance of LED Headlights in the Virtus ?
Old 16th September 2022, 13:01   #657
BHPian

Quote:
How to mute music played via CarPlay from steering?
The great German Engineering dudes seem to have missed this feature out. But then even the earlier ivtec city didn't have a mute function. It's just one single button why couldn't they program it.
raycers_honda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:45   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Anyone in Bangalore contemplating to get a XUV 7OO instead of Virtus GT after the water situation?

BUT suddenly this Water situation in Bangalore has had me thinking if I should better get a SUV (very specifically XUV 7OO).
Like others have also pointed out, its not that ALL of Bangalore was flooded, it was only specific pockets. There were many many areas in Bangalore that saw very heavy rains that only resulted in wet roads and a few puddles.

Another practical matter is that if you are faced with Ecospace kind of water in front of your car, I think both the Virtus and the XUV7OO would fare more or less the same. Even the Thar has a water wading depth of about 2 feet which would not be enough for those kinds of floods. The XUV is technically a monocoque crossover SUV, and not a proper body on frame vehicle that can give you any massive advantage in such situations.

If I were in your shoes I would stick to the Virtus. It tugs at your heart strings and you will genuinely be happy with it 358 days a year. For 7 days of probable floods, you will have to make alternate vehicular arrangements.
lordrayden is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 16:26   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
The great German Engineering dudes seem to have missed this feature out. But then even the earlier ivtec city didn't have a mute function. It's just one single button why couldn't they program it.
I figured out a way using voice button. I click it and say ‘pause music’. CarPlay mutes the music. And if I say ‘resume music’ resumes from where the song stopped. What is frustrating is that there is one useless button, which when clicked promptly displays on the console ‘No function for this button’. They could have replaced it with the mute button.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 19:53   #660
BHPian

It goes without saying both VW Virtus and Slavia look fast and elegant. I always thought both of them are over-priced by at-least 2L specially for 1.5 TSI. I have used VW EOS 2.0 TSI for more than 4 years and I Loved every HP of that engine .
I see that sales of both have been below par on what had been expected by VAG India so my humble query goes, are there any discounts on 1.5 Virtus and also any news on MT of the same ?
enginesoul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks