Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 16:52   #1021
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Thanks! You just saved me some heartburn. I was wondering about this exactly, all the while trying to look up Cobra springs But had this niggling doubt about second guessing VW R&D. Vehicle engineering is much more than a collection of swappable parts. Sure, cosmetic gains can be achieved at the drop of a hat and a somewhat heavy purse, but oftentimes to the detriment of the final product, especially when it’s a mass-market sedan, tuned to environments of operation with a carefully worked over cost-benefit analysis.
I don’t mind the raised stance of the VAG sedans so much even when they do look like a crocodile on its haunches rather than a basking one Having put my GT to the test at speed, over rough patches and around fast bends, I believe it’s more than adequate for the thrills minus the chills of a broken bank.
But yes, for looks alone, lowered springs do enhance the overall flavour - like MSG to a great Chinese dish.
Well said

MSG is a superb analogy considering the heath impacts.

Investing in a set of coilover from a brand which actually invests in RnD makes sense, eg. Bilstein, Eibach, MTS makes more sense rather than investing in brand which go about doing the 'hit and trial' method (read=cobra) for India specific variants atleast.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 01:40   #1022

Volkswagen Taigun now gets auto headlights and auto coming/leaving home lights on the Highline variant of the 1.0l TSI Dynamic Line. The same additions have been made to the feature list of the Virtus in the GT variant of the 1.5l TSI Performance Line. Virtus also now offers rear fog lamps across its variants. The company further informs that both Taigun and Virtus units belonging to model year 2023 are RDE and E20 norms-compliant. All of these, however and because of rising input costs, means that there would be a price hike of up to two per cent effective from April 1 onwards.

Source : Hindustan Times Auto
Old 23rd March 2023, 08:46   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz666 View Post
The company further informs that both Taigun and Virtus units belonging to model year 2023 are RDE and E20 norms-compliant.
This is partly true. Cars manufactured in Jan 2023 do not have E20 sticker on fuel lid while cars manufactured in Mar 2023 have the E20 sticker.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:49   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 7

Stance
Woah, that looks nice! Now it looks like a proper successor to the Vento. In my opinion, the Virtus and Slavia don't quite carry the essence of their predecessors due to their unnatural ground clearance.

Hope this doesn't result in too much scraping on speed-breakers.
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:45   #1025
BHPian

Hi, wanted to check what the tyre pressure for Virtus GT, should be for a highway run with 2.5 (.5 for my 5 year old 🙃 )on board and a weekend worth of luggage.

In city, I drive at 32 in all four.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 18:03   #1026
BHPian

Got 3 software updates for my Virtus in the 6 month/7500 kms inspection.

- I think AC is definitely more powerful now, especially in the Lo mode. Doesn't cut off now or make any hissing sounds. Won't comment on its comparison with Japanese units and I didn't face any problems as such previously too.

- Driver side 1 touch auto up down Power Window issue completely solved.

- some software update to Engine too due to the update making AC more powerful. They say it was done to ensure No loss of power (Ofcourse)

Steering wasn't centralized so I also got wheel alignment done which hasn't solved the problem much. Now it pulls slightly to the right instead of the slight left pull which comes as standard from the factory. They acknowledge that it's not centralized from the factory and VW is aware of it. It's just something like it is what it is.

Only paid ₹670 for 1L engine oil top up.
RaiAnish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 18:38   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 7
[/url]
Your car look dope. One among the first mods I would have done if I had a Virtus / Slavia too. Lowering springs and a 17 inch alloys.
But I think you need a dechrome too. Personal opinion, the chrome bits are looking out of place in otherwise a fine looking car.
Old 25th March 2023, 19:06   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post

Steering wasn't centralized so I also got wheel alignment done which hasn't solved the problem much. Now it pulls slightly to the right instead of the slight left pull which comes as standard from the factory. They acknowledge that it's not centralized from the factory and VW is aware of it. It's just something like it is what it is
Make note of how your steering angle looks when you are driving the car straight on a highway. Ask them to reset the steering angle sensor in your presence. Can be done easily with their OBD2 tool. Keep the steering exactly in the position where it goes straight and then reset the steering sensor 0 angle.

This should solve it. It’s a common thing with electric power steering cars after alignment by people who are used to working with hydraulic power steering cars.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 08:09   #1029
BHPian

Got the 15k service done for my Topline AT at EVM Trivandrum yesterday. Car had run only 11387 kms, but had to get it done since I am planning a long drive in April.

Following works were carried out:
  • Engine oil full flush and change
  • Oil filter replace
  • Air filter cleaning
  • Pollen filter replace
  • Brake pads and discs check
  • Tyre rotation (on my request)
  • Software updates for AC and driver side power window issues
  • Engine bay cleaning (optional)
  • AC disinfect (optional)
Wheel alignment and balancing were done at 7500 check up and not required after test drive, neither did I feel any issue.

Since I have a “cat” problem and there was a lot of cat fur in the engine bay, I opted for cleaning the same. AC disinfect while not much required, I did because the SA was courteous, punctual, patient and not pushy .

I have taken the 4 year SVP, and so had to pay only for the optional works, amount Rs.3098/-. Gave the vehicle at 9 am and got back by 4 pm.

Attaching copies of invoices for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-c5c5fecf54614c639bc6454bb58367da.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-0a6e5317ffaa4f61b485ddc43ea22a6e.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-74d47d91d6fe45d3a280e955c812788c.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-4c011fab985341b28656f119526155c2.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 26th March 2023 at 08:13.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 12:10   #1030
BHPian

I have taken the plunge and have brought home my 2nd VW. This time Virtus 1.0 highline.

Thanks to all my fellow members who helped me take the decision with much valuable information.

On the 2nd day of ownership after about 100 KMs the A/C mechanism started making engagement and disengagement sounds while driving also the power loss and gain were immediately felt on the gas pedal. I called SC, and they came and picked up the vehicle. I had asked them about the SW update etc. They said that the 2023 models dont need it as it's already updated from the factory.

Anyhow, by evening they returned the vehicle and now that issue has not occurred to date. I have no clue what they did and if they updated the SW.

The A/C hissing noise is there but only during the initial few KMs of running. Once the cabin is reasonably cooled, this noise doesn't occur.

I am quite satisfied with the vehicle and coming from Polo I got adjusted to the vehicle pretty fast.

The air conditioner is not comparable to Jap or Korean cars and so was the case with my earlier Polo. I strongly feel the AC of Skoda and VW small cars are tuned to European specs and not suitable for Indian conditions. However, I don't feel this is a problem not livable with considering other positives.

Now, can anyone suggest good quality 3d mats which are a perfect fit for Virtus? I am not a fan of all coverage 7d mats, I don't like their looks or lack of convenience to clean them.

My polo had star brand 3d Mats and it lasted 8 years with zero quality issues.

I don't think that brand is available anymore. A member had posted pics of rubber 3d mats (GFX brand) posted in the forum which looks well priced (around 4000 Rs) and of reasonably good quality with raised edges. However, I am not very comfy with rubber mats as I feel they would release harmful elements when they heat up and when they age.

The only good-looking 3D mat I saw for Virtus online was of Pharoah brand.
Sid13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 13:13   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
I have taken the plunge and have brought home my 2nd VW. This time Virtus 1.0 highline.

I don't think that brand is available anymore. A member had posted pics of rubber 3d mats (GFX brand) posted in the forum which looks well priced (around 4000 Rs) and of reasonably good quality with raised edges. However, I am not very comfy with rubber mats as I feel they would release harmful elements when they heat up and when they age.
Congratultions on your purchase. Wish you happy and safe motoring. Have been using GFX mats, and are a pretty good fit. For the price i feel they're really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Got the 15k service done for my Topline AT at EVM Trivandrum yesterday. Car had run only 11387 kms, but had to get it done since I am planning a long drive in April.

Following works were carried out:
  • Air filter cleaning
  • Pollen filter replace
How is it that air filter is cleaned and not replaced. 15K is already a substantial interval and air filter should definitely be replaced.
kaushiksudra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 13:40   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
How is it that air filter is cleaned and not replaced. 15K is already a substantial interval and air filter should definitely be replaced.
I specifically asked the SA about air filter replacement, and he informed that only cleaning was required and replacement would be done during 30k/2nd year service.

Is this not the case? I couldn’t find anything in the manual.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 22:22   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I specifically asked the SA about air filter replacement, and he informed that only cleaning was required and replacement would be done during 30k/2nd year service.

Is this not the case? I couldn’t find anything in the manual.
Not sure of VW, but in all of my vehicle's owned these (airfilter, oilfilter, engine oil, pollen filter)were always a replacement at the said interval.

Also has anyone been able to get hold of the Mudflaps alone instead of the entire Accessory pack?
Old 28th March 2023, 08:21   #1034
BHPian

Quote:

Also has anyone been able to get hold of the Mudflaps alone instead of the entire Accessory pack?
They apparently do not sell parts of the accessory pack individually - I too tried at the time of delivery, since the pack made little sense. So I went for these instead Oshotto Mud Flap (O.E.M Type) Compatible with Volkswagen Virtus (Set of 4, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/fwPWcf8
They do the job.
Old 28th March 2023, 09:22   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to skip the mudflap. IMO its an Eyesore on the clean lines of a German sedan.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed