Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 19:12   #1081
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Hi Everyone,

Planning to get a Virtus home. Deal I am getting offered is for 1.0 Manual Highline 15.7L on-road Mumbai (15.9L-20k discounts) for April 2023 manufacturing. This is RDE Phase 2 so I am guessing it will be E20 fuel compliant.

Dealership has informed that with Phase 2 upgrade, VW is also providing auto headlamps and 2 rear foglamps in Highline version. SA has also thrown in free PPF coating and discounted black alloys (will have to pay separately).

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
1.Check what are they charging for insurance and compare it with online quote, most of the times they just over inflate the insurance and then give the discount.

2. Will they be painting your alloys black or you are getting the Virtus GT black alloys, cause vw doesn't have highline variant alloys in black. If they are gonna paint check what aftermarket people are charging for painting, you can get it done from small garage who have a paint booth.

3.Try to get 4 year service package or extended warranty in place of ppf, that would be a better thing to have.

4. If you have a different dealer in your city, take your existing offer and ask them what's the best offer they can give you, this is the best way to get a good deal.

5. Till October sales are slow as there are no festivals, so try to push the dealer to extract even more discounts.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:48   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_sac View Post
Would love to receive update on these upgrades/ accessories. Did you manage to obtain the parts from Skoda? If yes, how much did each of these parts cost and pictures of the installed parts would be helpful.
I haven't been able to visit Skoda. TBH, cost of some of the interior panels like sunglass holder and stowage compartment will not be much but issue would be availability of parts and then fitting in Virtus.

Oh, I have got the Bonnet insulation from VW Noida (its available with all authorised workshops) for Rs. 855/- (would advise to get it on service / inspection as they might charge additional Rs. 400 for opening a job card).

You might want to get boot lip spoiler for Virtus (Rs. 6000) and trumpet dual horns for 2000 to 7000 depending on what you are going for like Polo, Jetta, Tiguan etc. I, personally, liked the upgrade of horns (went for set of Rs. 3000)
Old 11th April 2023, 20:42   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
1.Check what are they charging for insurance and compare it with online quote, most of the times they just over inflate the insurance and then give the discount.
2. Will they be painting your alloys black or you are getting the Virtus GT black alloys, cause vw doesn't have highline variant alloys in black. If they are gonna paint check what aftermarket people are charging for painting, you can get it done from small garage who have a paint booth.
3.Try to get 4 year service package or extended warranty in place of ppf, that would be a better thing to have.
4. If you have a different dealer in your city, take your existing offer and ask them what's the best offer they can give you, this is the best way to get a good deal.
5. Till October sales are slow as there are no festivals, so try to push the dealer to extract even more discounts.
1. Showroom is offering 20k off on insurance which is almost similar to what I am getting online so that matches.

2. They will be painting the alloys black. I have got a quote from them. Will ask an outside garage. Thanks for this.

3. I will have to pay for the service package. I can try and get some discount there instead of PPF.

Thanks for last two suggestions. Will give it a shot.
Old 11th April 2023, 22:54   #1084
BHPian

Hey Guys, wanted to check on the gearbox noise that I'm getting frequently since last few days. Have been driving the car mostly in D with occassional S & M Mode. Recently I've noticed that whilst slowing down from 4 or 3 to 1, I can hear the gearbox grind slightly. In D or S mode, these noises are subdued, and amplify in M mode. Also while in M, from 1 to 2, it shifts only past 2K Rpm which seems irritating as in D mode it shifts even before reachin 5Kmph / 1100rpm. Not sure if thats a problem, but with the DSG I'm worried with all the little noises
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 00:26   #1085
BHPian

Hey everyone!
I was on a trip and suddenly the 'since refuel' and 'long term' driving details (total kms, time, km/l) were RESET.

I was wondering if anyome is aware of When does this happen?

Previously as well, I have found the long term to be reset to 0 on its own.
Old 12th April 2023, 09:46   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Hey everyone!
I was on a trip and suddenly the 'since refuel' and 'long term' driving details (total kms, time, km/l) were RESET.
From what I can find for VW/Skoda cars (not specific to Virtus), it resets at 99 hrs 59 mins of driving time or 9999 kms. It might be mentioned in the owners manual.
Old 12th April 2023, 13:26   #1087
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 8

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: ~71XX KM

Quick update this time around, saw a few whatsapp posts that the tacho can be activated via the coding route, so reached out to DrCodeMyVAG to get this done and it was a painless process to get it activated.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-coding.jpg

Keep the car started, connect to the OBD and a few minutes later the job is done. Now there is a tacho on one of the view options. Something that VW just should have activated - but for some reason they did not. Interestingly enough the parameter that had to be adjusted was “China Varaint” - interesting how this was missed by VAG India. Something they were saving for a later update to the car? Video of the tacho in action below.

Another thing I added recently was some Ambient lighting via the many USB ports in the car since 20 lakh was not enough to add footwell lighting - im sure they will do this later in the cars life. These are RGB LEDs and can be programmed to a certain color and brightness. Expensive for ~700 a pop, they come from China and take a while to reach, however they are just what I was looking for, added one in the front and the second at the back, kept them white instead of red.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-charging-area-1.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-charging-area-2.jpg

Car is getting closer to what it should have been right out of the factory, im still mulling over wheels and exhaust.
vividhavasthi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 13:28   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Mine is a 2023 Jan make vehicle and SC is saying SW update has not bee advised for 2023 models
Hi,
Ours is a January 2023 manufactured GT 1.5 model, I called our SA (Ramani Volkswagen, TN) and he confirmed that they are doing software update for Jan 2023 vehicle also. He said they will update our vehicle during next service.

Thanks,
TK
Old 12th April 2023, 17:21   #1089
BHPian

Team,
Got be Virtus 1.0 AT delivered on 1st April.
One thing that is bugging me is the FE in the car.

On 1st and 2nd April, I kind of drove about a 100 kms within Pune city and FE on the instrument cluster was showing about 8.5.
Last weekend, I drove to Mhahabaleshwar and back, total of about 230 kms, including ,city ,highway and ghat sections.
On Instrument cluster, average FE at the end of the trip was 12.8
Tank to tank however came to 15.9

Again, after that within city it is showing FE of about 5.5, which is concerning.

Am I reading it wrong? is the FE on the instrument cluster reliable data to go by?
I am a sedate driver and dont exceed 2000 RPMs on normal city drives.
Old 12th April 2023, 17:45   #1090
BHPian

As someone who's been itching to pull the trigger from my 2015 Vento Tsi to the GT, are there are murmurs about any model refresh for 2023? I really wish for VW to give better looking wheels and a 360 deg camera on the GT.

Or do we have to make do only with E20 compliance for this year?

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 12th April 2023 at 17:45. Reason: smileys
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 18:46   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Team,

On 1st and 2nd April, I kind of drove about a 100 kms within Pune city and FE on the instrument cluster was showing about 8.5.
Last weekend, I drove to Mhahabaleshwar and back, total of about 230 kms, including ,city ,highway and ghat sections.
On Instrument cluster, average FE at the end of the trip was 12.8
Tank to tank however came to 15.9

Again, after that within city it is showing FE of about 5.5, which is concerning.

Am I reading it wrong? is the FE on the instrument cluster reliable data to go by?
I am a sedate driver and dont exceed 2000 RPMs on normal city drives.
I was facing similar issue as well - in fact still do.
I'm getting 8.8-9.0 kmpl on full tank.
But this includes 20% spirited driving and 80% sedate. Also, South Delhi traffic snarls as well.
Was initially getting 6-7.5 kmpl on full tank but raised the concern with workshop and they did some ECU updates and now car is giving little better FE.
On highways, I'm able to extract 13-14.
I would recommend to raise it with VW workshop.
FE isn't the forte of this car though so don't expect miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I was facing similar issue as well - in fact still do.
I'm getting 8.8-9.0 kmpl on full tank.
But this includes 20% spirited driving and 80% sedate. Also, South Delhi traffic snarls as well.
Was initially getting 6-7.5 kmpl on full tank but raised the concern with workshop and they did some ECU updates and now car is giving little better FE.
On highways, I'm able to extract 13-14.
I would recommend to raise it with VW workshop.
FE isn't the forte of this car though so don't expect miracles.
Forget to mention, software upgrades in ECU updates.
Software updates were done for:

1. Driver side power window issue (notorious for misbehaving)
2. Engine management for better FE
3. Disabling of AC cut off so as to keep car cool in summers

If you find any other solution, please be kind to share.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th April 2023 at 07:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 12th April 2023, 18:56   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Team,

I suggest wait till 1000-1500 kms for things to settle down and get the first checkup done. Its too early to start worrying about FE.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 19:09   #1093
BHPian

Are wheel alignment specs different for the 1.0 and 1.5 variants?

Had the last alignment done for my 1.0 Topline at the 7500km checkup. The service advisor had told me to get alignment done only from service centre - but since I am starting on a long trip from Sunday, planning to get alignment done from outside on Friday. I am paranoid about how these things may affect warranty, so just asking for advice.
Old 12th April 2023, 23:03   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Have experienced since refuel reset on its own 3-4 times to date.
Old 12th April 2023, 23:21   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone!

It should be mentioned in your manual. Atleast for the Vento/Rapid/Polo, it used to be automatically reset after 20 hours or 2000kms. Not sure if it can be set to other values by the service centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks