Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 16:01   #1111
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Let me ask a simple question. Why did you do it? Why would any enthusiast trade a 3.2 for a budget FWD sedan? Why?
I get this a lot. But first - enthusiast? Can you define that?
My Endeavour was exactly 6 years old the day we parted. In NCR where I live, it meant just 4 more years till it was deregistered. Ford having left the country doesn’t make the case any stronger to hold on till the car is in trouble for a lack of a major part and mine being the discontinued 3.2 didn’t make the prospect easier. I got phenomenal resale and it made more sense to use the residual value to move to a new set of wheels for more years of service. That’s it. Cold and simple.
Now, the question I get a lot - why a sedan from a suv I love driving. All the cars I’ve ever had, had toured me across the country and all of them have taken me to one proving ground - Ladakh. The GT will go too, soon. Like the Ikon 1.6 20 years ago. The GT has its drawbacks compared to terrain it can access viz the Endeavour, but it compensates with the driving dynamics I last tasted in the Endy’s predecessor in my garage, a Yeti 4x4. So, plainspeak - I simply took my love of the wheel and transplanted it to a different beast, planning to wring the joys of an ICE as long as I’m able to before the appliances take over How’s that?

Last edited by SUVolens : 16th April 2023 at 16:07.
SUVolens is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 19:34   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They have done a poor calibration job. Thats not how the top down view of the four cameras must look like. Go back to them and ask them to calibrate the cameras properly.
Thanks for pointing it out. I'll go and ask them in about a weeks time when first checkup is due.
Just so I inderstand it correctly, how should they look like? Any references?
Old 16th April 2023, 19:54   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They have done a poor calibration job. Thats not how the top down view of the four cameras must look like. Go back to them and ask them to calibrate the cameras properly.
Absolutely right, the front view is nowhere near what it should be. Frankly I had hoped it would be full screen.. I guess this upgrade is avoidable. Lets see if they update the camera in the upcoming annoucement, will just swap with that one.
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 10:20   #1114
BHPian

Hello Folks, I moved from the Rapid TSI to the Virtus for the sake of an AT. Now the car looks pretty good and is offered with the needed feel good additions.

In the process of doing these feature additions, I guess they screwed up some basics that they are known for.

- Fit and finish are nowhere close to even the last batch of Rapids & Ventos. a 200 KM driven car has some weird noises all around.

- AC: Enough said by all but my 2 cents - Insufficient for a car of this size. I hope they fix it.

- The suspension bottoms out on high bumps, unsure if its just my car or in general many face it. e.g. A bump where my Rapid managed with ease, Virtus scrapes despite having a higher GC

- Fuel Efficiency is a super let down : I get it that we should not expect super numbers but a basic of at least 10KMPL? I get 6-8 FYI, I drive with a light foot.

I will take it to the ASC and try to fix these. Gotta live with this for a few years. God save me!
Sabrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:15   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
- The suspension bottoms out on high bumps, unsure if its just my car or in general many face it. e.g. A bump where my Rapid managed with ease, Virtus scrapes despite having a higher GC

- Fuel Efficiency is a super let down : I get it that we should not expect super numbers but a basic of at least 10KMPL? I get 6-8 FYI, I drive with a light foot.
Till date I have driven 3500 kms and the car has managed to scrape a speed bump just once, and the bump was high and the car had 5 people, and Pune has a lot of huge speed bumps. I would suggest you get the air pressure checked, for full load, I think, the suggested pressure is 41(front) and 48( rear) .

The FE should improve after the vehicle has run a little. Check afrer 1000 kms. I have been getting around 10-11 in peak traffic and 15-16 on empty roads.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:17   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_sac View Post
Yes, VW is expected to make an announcement regarding some cosmetic updates on Virtus and Taigun. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...6.cms?from=mdr

While some major changes are unlikely to be made, get electric seat adjustment and footwell illumination.https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...-taigun-virtus
Hi. Does anyone know what did VW announce today?
Old 17th April 2023, 18:17   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Nothing yet as of now. But I got to know that new colors are on the cards like Matte Grey (the one that Polo GT TSI had) and also a Glossy Black.

Feature-wise no additions are expected it seems.

Anybody else here have any other info?
Old 17th April 2023, 20:42   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Nothing yet as of now. But I got to know that new colors are on the cards like Matte Grey (the one that Polo GT TSI had) and also a Glossy Black.

Feature-wise no additions are expected it seems.

Anybody else here have any other info?
What would be the source and timeline for the black colour?
Old 18th April 2023, 01:35   #1119

First post on teambhp

I am looking forward to buying VW Virtus specially for highway use. I like the car, but I feel I should wait for the 2023 facelift/update since the current models are not refreshed ever since its launch more than 1 year ago.

My wish list:

1. 360 Camera
2. Front sensors and better quality rear camera(If not 360)
3. Powered seats
4. Key functions (Remote AC On/Off, Open/Close windows)
5. Full size digital instrument cluster
6. Better quality/finish of interiors.

Am I asking for too much for a 24lakh car, my hunch is the facelift is pretty close, do you guys think I should wait for a couple of more months?
gauthampait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 08:59   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post

Am I asking for too much for a 24lakh car, my hunch is the facelift is pretty close, do you guys think I should wait for a couple of more months?
Welcome to team-bhp. The virtus was launched 10 months back. Isn't it too early for a facelift? I would be surprised if a facelift is launched. A first anniversary edition like Slavia with few changes here and there seems more a possibility. And may be a feature or two additions in your list but don't think all those features would make it. Happy to be proven wrong
amit1agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 09:31   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
First post on teambhp

I am looking forward to buying VW Virtus specially for highway use. I like the car, but I feel I should wait for the 2023 facelift/update since the current models are not refreshed ever since its launch more than 1 year ago.

My wish list:

1. 360 Camera
2. Front sensors and better quality rear camera(If not 360)
3. Powered seats
4. Key functions (Remote AC On/Off, Open/Close windows)
5. Full size digital instrument cluster
6. Better quality/finish of interiors.

I believe the ask is not wrong, however I would wait to see if all the reported niggles are sorted out and they are fixing it. Virtus is a good choice, just wait for the updates and check if there are some fixes being rolled out. Plus you can strike a good deal on the Virtus as I see a lot of unsold stock - provided all issues are sorted.

Else Verna isn't a bad option too. For those who aren't looking keen on VAG, the new Verna is a nice improvement over the previous gen. Looks are subjective so keeping that aside. Either ways good luck on the search!
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 10:47   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Its today. Virtus GT now available in manual. Taigun in a matte color, Virtus in deep black,Taigun GT DSG sport with wheels from 1.0 TSI etc.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 18th April 2023 at 10:51.
Old 18th April 2023, 11:00   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

The New Deep Black Pearl and Lava Blue on the Virtus.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-50d6ef268c8b4b55956430f5d9d87f2e.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-ce24fb075f01422eaf20bb883b8190ba.jpeg

Source: @theracemonkey on IG
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 11:53   #1124
BHPian

No major changes introduced, color additions and manual transmission incoming:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-june-427905
Old 18th April 2023, 11:58   #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The New Deep Black Pearl and Lava Blue on the Virtus.
Both of these colours are a good addition to the lineup. They also seem to have extended the chrome garnish to the entire window line. The black colour would look even better with the alloys available with the topline variant due to contrast.

Apart from the new colours and a MT for GT, they do not seem to have updated/ introduced any new features.

Most Viewed