Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 12:57   #61
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Other than its reliability woes, this is one of the best AT gearboxes sold in India.

If reliability is your topmost criteria, you should pick the 1.0 with a torque-converter AT, or consider another car model altogether.
Is the torque converter AT of 1.0L TSI going to appear in the GT version also, when the Virtus is launched? Or is it that GT version is the performance line and exclusive to 1.5L TSI DSG?
Old 8th May 2022, 14:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is the torque converter AT of 1.0L TSI going to appear in the GT version also, when the Virtus is launched? Or is it that GT version is the performance line and exclusive to 1.5L TSI DSG?
1L will have the traditional torque converter AT, 1.5 will be paired with DSG only.

How I wish they can pair the 1.5 tsi with normal AT! If they can ditch diesel completely, ditching DSG should be even easier.
Old 8th May 2022, 14:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

How a blacked out Volkswagen Virtus might look like?

Rendered

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220508143656_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220508143648_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220508143635_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220508143704_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 16:26   #64
BHPian

I don't think anyone has covered 1.5 with Manual Transmission. I checked the Skoda Slavia thread again and couldn't find one.
Old 8th May 2022, 18:37   #65
BHPian

Fog lamps look out of sync. Many may go for mods, placing multiple led's instead of one. By raising the ground clearance have they compromised on the driving dynamics? In any case, it's good for our roads.

Will there be 1 litre AT in lower variants?
Old 8th May 2022, 19:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
She is jaw dropping hot chic. Wow, the heart skipped a beat there.
This one can be bought just for the way it looks.
Old 8th May 2022, 21:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Rendered

Attachment 2305672

Attachment 2305673

Attachment 2305674

Attachment 2305675

Link
That lowered stance and the increased wheel size got me. Maybe i'll get myself one of these one day and get it done in the exact same way. Maybe it'll end up on this thread, in a few years.

Last edited by saitvsk23 : 8th May 2022 at 21:28. Reason: typo correction
Old 9th May 2022, 00:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post

Wished VW had taken few extra steps for the 1.5 - lowered ground clearance, stiffer suspension along with 17 inch wheels, steering wheels with more weight would have made this car the real 'GT'. Otherwise the car is a beauty, for GT i guess colors like Red, White, Kurkuma Yellow and Rising Blue would suit more.
Back in the day, VW did exactly the same thing with the Polo GT 1.2 TSI. Same exact car with a much more powerful engine and some go-fast stickers/decals/badging!
Old 9th May 2022, 07:33   #69
BHPian

Might not be the most popular opinion here, but I think everyone’s going a little overboard with the “looks could kill” raves.

I for one, think that it looks just like any other VW from the last 10 years. Not a bad thing by itself per se, but neither does it warrant so many oohs and aahs. Sure it’s understated and elegant, but that has been their hallmark since forever.

Would pick the Slavia over Virtus for that sub-woofer and few of those nifty features, given that mechanicals and ride are pretty much similar.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 07:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Rendered

Attachment 2305672

Attachment 2305673

Attachment 2305674

Attachment 2305675

Link
Tbh I don't see it. Looks nice enough, but that's not the design, just the glossy black, lowered springs and big wheels. Even a Honda City would look as good (maybe better) if did up in the same way. The question is with these VWs, in which warranty is already such a prized item due to unreliable gearbox et al, who will dare to void it in a new car for these cosmetic gains? If I wanted to modify a sedan to look sporty, I'd still pick a Japanese car to start with.
karanddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 08:34   #71
BANNED

The Slavia 1.5 DSG is a fun car to drive with lots of performance and so it would be the case with Virtus too. And that is exactly where the problem lies.

The vast majority aren’t interested in performance - they would like FE and would prefer an SUV over a sedan. While VW has to be appreciated for pressing ahead with sedans, it isn’t going to work for them

Cars that appeal to the enthusiast are destined to fail in India. The minuscule enthusiast community while raving about the looks and performance will only pick up a few cars.

With the low FE it will be a turn off for most including some enthusiasts - expect between 10-12 kmpl if driven enthusiastically on highways, lower still in the city.

So expect huge discounts on the Virtus 1.5 (DSG and the upcoming manual) in a few months time. VW in all probability may also discontinue the Virtus like it did with the Jetta.

Last edited by EV NXT : 9th May 2022 at 08:39.
Old 9th May 2022, 09:13   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Crisp (by TBHP standards) review but still has all the details one may need. Maybe it is because the car is like that....nothing out of the league but still a good package overall that should cater to a larger sedan-loving crowd.

But somehow I'm personally not overly impressed with this offering from VW. reasons being:
  • I might be a minority but I didn't like the exterior looks...especially that large lower air dam on the bumper. Not really the understated VW that I knew. It has spoiled the look of what could've been an elegant looking car IMO. I liked the side profile and rear 3/4 looks though.
  • I liked the Rear looks too but the OCD in me doesn't like the GT badge on one side and the VIRTUS at the centre. It would've been better if they had put the GT in the centre too or put the VIRTUS on the side. If I bought one, I'd de-badge it completely. Also I didn't like the font used for GT...not modern looking.
  • The chrome on the door handle and other places also look very down-market!
  • On the interior, I found the door panels so cheap. The dual tone beige makes it look more cheaper all black would've been better.
  • The next thing that I don't like in the interior is the body coloured dashboard panel of the performance line. The same panel in silver in the Dynamic line is nice and clean.
  • The absence of underside cladding on the bonnet for this segment was also not expected from VW. Looks like they are slowly moving towards being a Honda (I wish they don't).
  • Some basic things like height adjustable seatbelts are missing. It is baffling...more so when even the passenger seat gets height adjustment!
  • And the many small things that Slavia gets is missing...Just can't comprehend why!
  • I liked that they've only used USB 3.0 ports. No point holding on to the old especially when it comes to technology.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 11:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
The Slavia 1.5 DSG is a fun car to drive with lots of performance and so it would be the case with Virtus too. And that is exactly where the problem lies.
Would disagree. "The Slavia 1.5 DSG is a fun car to drive with lots of performance and so it would be the case with Virtus too" - That's exactly what will attract people to the showrooms.

But - reliability concerns, doomed post-warranty scenarios, niggles and pathetic after-sales services (and costs) are some of the key reasons for people to look away. Regarding FE, your daily running Vernas, City, Cretas, etc are not frugal either, but they offer a decent mid-point satisfaction that most buyers yearn for.
Old 9th May 2022, 13:18   #74
BHPian

How I wish the 1.5 TSI with a Torque Converter unit.

At least as an option sits below the 1.5 TSI + DSG combo. The customers will get all the choices then. 1.5 TSI + Manual might be a low selling product anyway but the TC with 1.5 should've been a good option for those who worry about DSG reliability. But VW India as usual will force the DQ200 on their customers
Old 9th May 2022, 16:05   #75
BHPian

Saw various YouTube reviews for Virtus, many mentioned AC as good in Amritsar heat and one of them said excellent! Isn't it opposite to what it is being said that AC performance for Kushaq and Taigun is not up to the mark. In extreme heat they do not perform so well and overall VAG AC's are like that.

Don't think there would be any or much difference b/w the units of all these 4 cars Virtus, Slavia, Kushaq or Taigun. Anybody has insights into this? Good and strong AC is a key factor for me while buying a car. 40+ is the norm in NCR during summers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks