Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 18:51   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Saw various YouTube reviews for Virtus, many mentioned AC as good in Amritsar heat and one of them said excellent! Isn't it opposite to what it is being said that AC performance for Kushaq and Taigun is not up to the mark. In extreme heat they do not perform so well and overall VAG AC's are like that.

Don't think there would be any or much difference b/w the units of all these 4 cars Virtus, Slavia, Kushaq or Taigun. Anybody has insights into this? Good and strong AC is a key factor for me while buying a car. 40+ is the norm in NCR during summers.
Saw one more review just now, where the person showed how compressor cuts off when revving 1.0 TSI Auto on standstill. His showed when it revs to around 3,800 rpm on stand still in P the compressor turns off and AC does not throw cool air on the Virtus.

And later in the video he goes on to say that compressor turns off in lower RPM's during the drive as well as in the higher RPM's!

Last edited by yogiii : 9th May 2022 at 19:00.
Old 10th May 2022, 10:28   #77
BHPian

Virtus Blue Color:.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 14:56   #78
BHPian

What is the use of keeping so many unused buttons close to the gear lever?

I had a phone button (on the steering wheel) on my Vento, which I still have, and have not used it till date as it is a dummy button (probably folks in the next generation used its full potential ).
Attached Images

stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 18:03   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
What is the use of keeping so many unused buttons close to the gear lever? ...
It is VW policy to continually remind you of all things that either you could not afford or that they decided not to include.

It isn't just what India doesn't get. My 1990 Golf, in London, was like this too.

I am a VW fanboy! But this stuff pissed me off then and it still does now.

This rant may not be applicable to your model
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:54   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hswrites View Post
I had booked on 1.5 DSG on day zero of unveiling. Been in touch with dealers since. One dealer representative in South Bombay had confirmed that 1.5 will be available and the other in Andheri never ruled out the possibility.

Hunch is, 1.5 manual will be there in showrooms when we go TDing.
Should that happen.....God bless us, that could be the best of both worlds. Thank you so much.
Old 10th May 2022, 20:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
What is the use of keeping so many unused buttons close to the gear lever?

I had a phone button (on the steering wheel) on my Vento, which I still have, and have not used it till date as it is a dummy button (probably folks in the next generation used its full potential ).
Once the warranty is over and thoughts about ensuring your family comes first for every occasion crosses your mind after sipping a bottle of chilled Corona, you would want to get NOS installed in your car. VW, knowing the risk taking abilities of their customers, has thus given blanks to install the NOS button instead of drilling holes in the dash.

Just kidding. Basically it's cost cutting to avoid making multiple combinations of slots for the given plastic trim to reduce costs and inventory.
Turbohead is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 16:28   #82
BHPian

Hi all,

Have booked the Virtus GT 1.5 DSG Cherry Red (yes despite all the issues surrounding it...i made up my mind to go for it, it just might be the last fun to drive car i may own) in the month of March, the ETA was May end or June first week. But since the launch was delayed, was updated that it may be in June end or July.

Finally got a call today from my SA that the vehicle would be in their showroom by Saturday. I'm guessing vehicles would have arrived in their yards already. He seems pretty confident of delivering my vehicle by Mid June. I really am not able to understand the delay for price announcement which is sort of frustrating..

Nonetheless, the call made my day and shall try to post my first hand opinion once i get to see the car..
kaushiksudra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 17:56   #83
BHPian

I have a 2015 Vento TSI & this makes for a sensible next step. The current car is still going good so I wonder if I should keep it another year for the next MY of the Virtus.

Is the GT version available only in RED?
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 22:08   #84
BHPian

Fantastic looking car and a great product.

Variant mismatch alone has made me choose the uglier cousin. 1.5 M/T available only with the Slavia.

Reasons I went with Slavia (in no particular order)

+ the "clever" skoda touches (small but things you will use daily)
+ the under 20 lakh sticker (KA pricing)
+ better stock audio (subwoofer is standard)
+ Car is used by driver as well, DQ 200 fears. We keep cars long.
+ Personally don't like the childish "GT" badge marketing, the chintzy red cabin trim, and before they "monte carlo" the slavia... booked a "standard" one.
+ for how much longer can we buy a nice driving manual car...NEW

Reasons I regret the Slavia

- looks like a fish with it's mouth open from the front

Conclusion
Since I don't have to suffer it's looks from inside the cabin, went with the Slavia.
Ash_vtec is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 23:03   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Is the GT version available only in RED?
I can understand the confusion here, VW has marketed Virtus GT since beginning in Red colour only.

No mate, GT would be available in all 6 colours - White, Red, Blue, Kurkuma Yellow, Silver and Carbon Steel. I have booked the Blue one myself, hoping to continue with the same after seeing it in person .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 23:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Hi all,

Have booked the Virtus GT 1.5 DSG Cherry Red (yes despite all the issues surrounding it...i made up my mind to go for it, it just might be the last fun to drive car i may own) in the month of March, the ETA was May end or June first week. But since the launch was delayed, was updated that it may be in June end or July.

Finally got a call today from my SA that the vehicle would be in their showroom by Saturday. I'm guessing vehicles would have arrived in their yards already. He seems pretty confident of delivering my vehicle by Mid June. I really am not able to understand the delay for price announcement which is sort of frustrating..

Nonetheless, the call made my day and shall try to post my first hand opinion once i get to see the car..
One of the dealers has the unveiling on Saturday at their showroom.
Old 12th May 2022, 10:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Fantastic looking car and a great product.

Variant mismatch alone has made me choose the uglier cousin. 1.5 M/T available only with the Slavia.

Reasons I went with Slavia (in no particular order)

+ the "clever" skoda touches (small but things you will use daily)
+ the under 20 lakh sticker (KA pricing)
+ better stock audio (subwoofer is standard)
+ Car is used by driver as well, DQ 200 fears. We keep cars long.
+ Personally don't like the childish "GT" badge marketing, the chintzy red cabin trim, and before they "monte carlo" the slavia... booked a "standard" one.
+ for how much longer can we buy a nice driving manual car...NEW

Conclusion
Since I don't have to suffer it's looks from inside the cabin, went with the Slavia.
+1 and the standing infotainment screen looks even better than the integrated one

Virtus's Exterior + Slavia's Interior + 1.5 TSI w/ MT
Old 12th May 2022, 11:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post

You may consider blacking out the grill perhaps it will help.
I think I saw someone do that with their new Octavia and it looked good : )
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus has reached dealerships ahead of its launch on 9th June.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220512123915_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220512123929_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-smartselect_20220512123942_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 12th May 2022 at 12:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:51   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Saw one more review just now, where the person showed how compressor cuts off when revving 1.0 TSI Auto on standstill. His showed when it revs to around 3,800 rpm on stand still in P the compressor turns off and AC does not throw cool air on the Virtus.

And later in the video he goes on to say that compressor turns off in lower RPM's during the drive as well as in the higher RPM's!
Does this have something to do with meeting BS6/Euro 5 emission regulations? This does not happen on my BS4 1.2 TSI. The AC compressor does not cut off ever.

If this is indeed the behavior across all 1.5 TSI models in India, a software hack to disable this would be worth it's weight in gold. Not a good thing to have the compressor switching off in this heat!

Last edited by GoBlue : 12th May 2022 at 12:56.

Most Viewed