Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 14:26   #301
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Test drove the Virtus 1.5L TSI DSG yesterday. My observations are purely based on driving performance in comparison to the cars that I currently own: GT 1.2L TSI DSG and Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG.

Acceleration is quick but it won't leave you blown away if you drive the 1.2TSI regularly. In fact the 0 to 80 felt almost similar as the GT TSI. It's only at higher speeds (more than 80kmph) that you start noticing the extra reserve of power that the 1.5TSI packs in.

The DQ200 DSG felt same as in the GT TSI: quick and fun. The paddle shifters definitely make it more fun though!

The engine note is much better than the 1.2TSI, specially at higher RPMs. Sounds sporty!

Suspension is softer than the GT TSI but still on the firmer side. Drove on gravel and the car did little to hide the road surface. Ameo has the softest setup among these 3 cars.

Handling is superb. This will be a hoot to drive around corners. Body roll is minimal. Felt better than the GT TSI. The nose heavy and softly sprung TDI Ameo comes a distant third in the handling department.

Steering is lighter than both GT and Ameo but very sharp and I liked it a lot.

With a price of 22.5L on-road Bangalore, we felt that it's a lot of money for not-so-significant upgrade in performance (we were planning to exchange the GT TSI for the Virtus). And then the mediocre music system just did not make the cut (my brother's Slavia with the subwoofer sounds so much better).

P.S. Once you look at the digital cockpit of the higher end VAG cars like the Tiguan/Ocativa/Superb, it will be very difficult to like the screen being offered in the Virtus and its siblings.

P.P.S. This is what happens when you get spoilt by VAG cars. Upgrading becomes very expensive. Plan is to wait for a couple of years and then go for the 2.0 TSI.

Last edited by anshumandun : 13th June 2022 at 14:31.
anshumandun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 15:00   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Try to push the booking to end of June which will be a quarter end and might get additional discounts. ...
VW was always very tough on not discounting the Polo GT cars. I suspect they will be the same with Virtus, especially in this launch time. If someone is not prepared to pay the asking price, never mind: the next guy will!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 15:24   #303
BHPian

This is due to the low supply for the relevant chipset. As per a YouTube video, if your Highline variant comes with a manual climate control, you'd be given a discount of INR 15,000/-. Here you go:

shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 16:47   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Test drove the Virtus 1.5L TSI DSG yesterday. My observations are purely based on driving performance in comparison to the cars that I currently own: GT 1.2L TSI DSG and Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG.
Exactly my thoughts after test driving the Taigun. Even the 1.5 didn't feel like leaps and bounds above my 1.2TSI. Moreover, the interior quality/finish felt like a Honda Jazz kind of thing. I can't wait for VW to improve/facelift, so I have decided to line up for big daddy.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2022 at 16:55. Reason: Spacing. Quote trimmed - please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Indepth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 19:41   #305
Senior - BHPian

4th gen Honda city is the best buy for today. I just saw feature list today and it has almost all features one wants including cruise control, diamond cut alloys, ACC, etc. at unbelievable price of 9.99 L ex showroom. I was simply blown away. It translates to 11.5 on road here in Pune (approximately) I am sure one can some more discounts or some free accessories in that. It makes it one of the best value for money car in todays costly car market. It still looks one of the best & I actually like it more than 5th gen.

If I am in market for a sedan, I will buy this eyes closed. Just amazing deal I must say. It makes more sense over cars like XUV300, Sonet, Nexon, Brezza which costs 13-15 Lakhs for top end. Honda city looks more classy than any of these CSUV any day.
aniketi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 02:07   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
Just got the price from VW SA. I booked a Rising blue GT. The on road price is 22.3 lakhs in AP.

They added a zero dep. insurance of 93k in it. Extended warranty (not included) is 25k for 5th and 6th years. SA asked me to go with Service package which is same 25k for 4yrs instead of the Extended warranty. Also there is another Service package worth 60k for 5 years and it comes with a spare battery, couple of wiper replacements, consumables and brake pads etc. I just asked for the warranty. They were not sure if the DSG is covered in it. I am guessing it isn't.

Need your help in deciding which options to opt out. Will the comprehensive insurance bumper to bumper with pedestrian and third party coverage, medical etc be cheaper outside? if so, what coverages should I be adding into the insurance.

Thanks in advance
I took delivery of my GT line on 10'th June. I paid 81k for insurance and that too for RTI which is better than zero dep. The charges for insurance quoted to you are exceptionally high! The logistics cost of 6900 was waived off and a discount of 3500 given on mandatory accessories of 15k. I did take +2 years extended warranty. 7'th year warranty is given after 6'th year provided you satisfy certain conditions. Also took the 4 year service pack. What I can't get my head around is 19k taken for ceramic coating, which according to dealer is recommended by VW for GT line! I tried arguing against it a lot, but the dealer didn't budge. In all, I paid 19.64 total including that stupid ceramic coating. After registration (Punjab) the OTR cost will come to 21.24 lakhs.

Last edited by firstguri : 14th June 2022 at 02:13.
firstguri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 11:03   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
I took delivery of my GT line on 10'th June. I paid 81k for insurance and that too for RTI which is better than zero dep. The charges for insurance quoted to you are exceptionally high! The logistics cost of 6900 was waived off and a discount of 3500 given on mandatory accessories of 15k. I did take +2 years extended warranty. 7'th year warranty is given after 6'th year provided you satisfy certain conditions. Also took the 4 year service pack. What I can't get my head around is 19k taken for ceramic coating, which according to dealer is recommended by VW for GT line! I tried arguing against it a lot, but the dealer didn't budge. In all, I paid 19.64 total including that stupid ceramic coating. After registration (Punjab) the OTR cost will come to 21.24 lakhs.
Wow. Congratulations on the possession of the Virtus GT. I'm clueless as to when I could get mine. Had a couple of queries. Can you explain the difference between RTI and Zero Dep? Also what are the conditions needed to be met for 7th year warranty. Hope the DSG is covered.

Also can you post a few pics of the car if possible.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 13:00   #308

Quote:
I took delivery of my GT line on 10'th June. I paid 81k for insurance and that too for RTI which is better than zero dep.
I didn't opt for the insurance offered by the dealership. Got mine done from HDFC Ergo for Rs 49,333. Saved a lot and yes it includes zero dep + engine and gearbox are also covered.
shrawanohari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:47   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawanohari View Post
I didn't opt for the insurance offered by the dealership. Got mine done from HDFC Ergo for Rs 49,333. Saved a lot and yes it includes zero dep + engine and gearbox are also covered.
I got my zero dep + RTI from Acko at 25K for the Highline 1.0 AT model. Saved quite a few bucks.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 00:20   #310
BHPian

Quote:
In all, I paid 19.64 total including that stupid ceramic coating. After registration (Punjab) the OTR cost will come to 21.24 lakhs.
Congrats on your purchase. But, I wish we buyers put in more unity and simply boycott the unfair practices by car dealers.

I booked a Mahindra Thar online and the dealer called me later to visit showroom for further formalities. I was given a printed price list (including things like handing charges, accessories, inflated insurance and registration charges etc). I simply told the sales rep that I wont pay them anything else except ex-showroom price + TCS + COW CESS. The dealer said same is not possible. I immediately mailed to Mahindra upon reaching home regarding my terms, clearly stating my intention of paying just the ex-showroom price, (rest all to settle myself or take decision at time of delivery). The very next day dealer called up agreeing to all my terms. Although I did cancel upon getting news of SCORPIO but I feel it was a victory especially given the demand for Thar.

I would have paid nothing more than 19.89 lakh including everything for VIRTUS GT.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th June 2022 at 18:54. Reason: Editing for spacing, typos, formatting etc. Please take some time to review the Forum rules. Thank you.
Indepth is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2022, 01:52   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
I feel it was a victory especially given the demand for Thar.
I would have paid nothing more than 19.89 lakh including everything for VIRTUS GT.
Indeed, it is Victory. We need many more people like you. Good job.

I did the same thing, 2 years back. Sales person stopped taking my calls. That's it. Apart from harassing, they can't do anything to the Customer. And I changed the service centre after the incident. Couple of months later, they apologised, but nothing from the Manager or higher ups. So, the orders do come from the Owners.

There is a better way to earn extra money, not by harassing or blackmailing, but by giving better service. We don't mind paying couple of thousands extra, but at the same time, Customers do expect better services or value added services.

We should see that such Dealers are blacklisted.
Old 16th June 2022, 06:18   #312
BHPian

So finally gave in and booked the Topline AT in Curcuma Yellow, here in Trivandrum. On road price is Rs.19.54 lakhs as below.

Is there any room for discounts on the extended warranty and service packs? Also premium quoted by New India Assurance is Rs.36800/- including B2B, RTI and engine protection. Trying to get the dealer to match the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-b78d9f441757461f95d73d35ca53a06e.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 16th June 2022 at 06:19.
Pequod is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 12:28   #313
BHPian

I booked the Virtus 1.5 GT on May 31. At the time of booking, the SA at PPS Volkswagen, Bangalore assured me that cars would reach dealerships soon after launch on June 9 and deliveries would begin immediately. On his advice I arranged finance. Now he tells me there is no word from VW regarding stock allocation and is non-committal regarding delivery.
Anybody else who has booked VW Virtus has any update regarding delivery?
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 18:14   #314
BHPian

The only difference between Topline AT and GT Plus seems to be Engine, Gearbox and some fancy badging, dual tone etc.,

Are there any additional features added to GT Plus over Topline AT? Mechanical or other value added items?

In other words, additional 2.2 lakhs is only for the Engine & Gearbox?
Old 17th June 2022, 19:00   #315
BHPian

Saw the car in person last week. Seemed like a good bang for the buck in the sea of crossovers - especially for those looking out for a well handling machine. The slight "angling" of the dashboard seemed to add more depth and "niceness" to the cabin. Seemed much better than the rather flat dash of the Taigun to me personally.

The only thing I found disappointing was the lack of a damping cylinder for the boot and the manual locking of the boot when it's open. The system only had a spring and the moment I clicked open the boot lid, it shot up as a strong restrained spring does - and when it reached the topmost point, it simply oscillated up and down, and did not lock into place until I pushed it into the retaining clamp. Did not expect this in a car priced in this range. Although I am not sure if only the showroom vehicle behaved this way or if this is by design for all vehicles.
MegaWhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks