Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 15:32   #496
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

I came across something in SM that could be useful to all the Virtus/Taigun/Tiguan owners out there.

A guy is selling VW OEM badges for the steering wheels of Virtus, Taigun, and Tiguan.

Name:  Screenshot 20220714 152031.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  118.1 KB

This is his Instagram profile - vag.planet
Link - https://www.instagram.com/vag.planet/
You can message him for more info!

PS- This is not sponsored, I just came across this and thought this could be useful for the members who own any of the above-mentioned cars. . We don't have a Golf in India, so might as well have its steering wheel!
TechnoBloop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:12   #497
BHPian

Regarding all windows auto up-down option, my suggestion is to check whether the window motors, driver side window switch module (better quality) and door control unit from international MQB-A0 Polo would work in Virtus. Same for the full blown digital instrument cluster and driving mode option.

In my MQB Golf Mk7, I added the driving mode switch and SW activation with dealer since it required license activation in VW server.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawanohari View Post
Has VW come up with a new Model for the Virtus?]
Seems like a dealer mod. Also it definitely can't be a sport model based on a highline version. It's got highline wheels and the windows don't have the side chrome garnish.
A proper sports model would look awesome with a lowered kit, some skirts etc.

Had anyone tried to download the sygic maps. It keeps getting stuck on 99%. Is it better than Google maps. Only plus point is that you can use it offline.
The Volkswagen play apps seem like a half hearted approach. Probably useless I feel.
Any mods for this.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:54   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Seems like a dealer mod. Also it definitely can't be a sport model based on a highline version. It's got highline wheels and the windows don't have the side chrome garnish.
A proper sports model would look awesome with a lowered kit, some skirts etc.

Had anyone tried to download the sygic maps. It keeps getting stuck on 99%. Is it better than Google maps. Only plus point is that you can use it offline.
The Volkswagen play apps seem like a half hearted approach. Probably useless I feel.
Any mods for this.

Yes. I've downloaded sygic offline for Tamilnadu (300 to 400mb) and works great offline. It's not as good as Google
maps, but it shows the routes accurately. since Sygic is offline, can't complain tho.
Old 15th July 2022, 18:31   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic, but I guess I have a Sygic licence, which I have not used for years. I've found Google good enough for my occasional needs. Is it worth re-exploring Sygic? I wonder why VW went with it?

G Maps can download areas for offline use.
Old 15th July 2022, 19:35   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Off-topic, but I guess I have a Sygic licence, which I have not used for years. I've found Google good enough for my occasional needs. Is it worth re-exploring Sygic? I wonder why VW went with it?

G Maps can download areas for offline use.
Google maps are cloud-based map systems. It can download particular areas for offline use but you can't get directions between 2 placed without an internet connection.

Also, I guess Sygic is much more easier to install and customize in any hardware component(in this case, the car's infotainment system). Sygic is also easier to implement in the HUDs of cars.
It's been around for a long time now. But I expect Google Maps to take over the offline nav systems within this decade.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 15th July 2022 at 19:41. Reason: typing erroe
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 00:17   #502
BHPian

Can anyone post a picture of the blinds that come with the virtus as part of the accessory pack.
Also looking at getting the gfx mats. Any idea if they are out for the virtus? Tried everywhere including online.
Old 18th July 2022, 12:09   #503
BHPian

I would like to install the GT pedals (aluminium ones) on my Topline which is due for delivery in the coming weeks.
Is it advisable to do so and any idea how much would it cost?
I would like to get it done via the Kolkata dealer itself.
Old 20th July 2022, 00:54   #504
BHPian

A quick look at the 1.0 tsi manual engine bay.
Looks small but packs enough of grunt for a 1.0.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144637.jpg
The bonnet rod holder is placed in a very wrong place. If it is not anchored properly then the clip can break easily. Seems like a big design flaw.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144451.jpg
Could have provided a nice engine cover. The sense of pride is finished when you open the bonnet and find no logo. Reminds you of some of those awesome cheap Chinese products but with no name.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144423.jpg
Stupidly placed brake reservoir tank. How on earth does someone access that. Or maybe I could be wrong.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144418.jpg
Minimalistic Heat shield I guess. Note the exhaust manifold. But big massive hole in the engine bay. Easy peasy way for rats to access.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144338.jpg
Spanking new belt.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144323.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144244.jpg
Wonder what this is for. Seems like it's a generic part for a higher capacity model but has no use in the 1.0 tsi. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144234.jpg
Spaghetti anyone? Messy engine bay. Engineers dream. Owners nightmare.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144230.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144217.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144213.jpg
Another design flaw is the location of the brake fluid reservoir. How does one fill this up in case of an emergency or if one has to do it on his own.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220717_144148_bokeh.jpg
Just into two and a half weeks and the coolant level is just about touching the minimum mark. I'm not sure whether I received the car like this cause I hadn't noticed this before.
raycers_honda is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:38   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm surprised at the lack of engine cover. I thought VWs usually had them? Mine have.

But I don't mind. Unless it does suppress noise, I'd actually rather see the engine than a plastic sheet.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 01:11   #506

Hello Bhpians,

Congratulations to all the new owners of the Virtus. It's been a month since I took the delivery of my car and I've finished over 3500 km with no major problems except there is some air noise, which is creeping into the cabin over speeds of 120 kmph. Don't know what is causing this, left the car at service center today. The mech told me that it could be due to irregularities or hardening of the rubber door beading. They told me that they will be inspecting the whole car anyway.

Initially the car used to contain wind and tyre noise really well, it used to be like a vaccum chamber inside the car. If anyone of you ever faced this before and have some suggestions please let me know.

I'm delighted to share some pics of my de chromed Virtus GT in Cherry Red. Hope you like them. I'll also leave a link below so that you could share them.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5142.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5144.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_51583.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 05:21. Reason: Spacing, typos, mention of social media group
SR29 is offline   (32) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2022, 01:55   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm surprised at the lack of engine cover. I thought VWs usually had them? Mine have.

But I don't mind. Unless it does suppress noise, I'd actually rather see the engine than a plastic sheet.
Unfortunately the 2.0 series cars from vw miss this. Even in the 1.5.
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:22   #508
BHPian

Been 1021 kms with the Topline AT, and it has been smooth sailing so far. My driving style is generally sedate with bouts of sportiness, and all of my drives have been on the infamous Kerala (high)ways.

1. The car is a hoot to drive – no two ways about it. Yes, there is a slight turbo lag, but it’s oh so imperceptible and at 2-3k rpm the car pulls like no tomorrow.
2. Been on fairly rough patches of roads for short stretches, and the car didn’t bottom out or give reason for worry.
3. Haven’t faced issue with the AC as yet, it maintains a comfortable ambience. Cannot compare to the chilly units of a Ford or Hyundai though.
4. I prefer to switch off the idle stop-start system, its unnerving at times.
5. I travelled on full load (4 adults, 1 child, 3 medium sized bags) and the car broke no sweat. Yet to drive in hilly terrain, so can’t comment about performance on inclines.
6. No rattles till now.
7. Brake squealing at crawling speeds – especially during reverse – is jarring, but I think I can learn to live with it.
8. Space, space and more space! My 11 year old girl is the lone occupant of the rear seats most of the time, and boy does she love it!
9. In my car, the paint finish is clumsy along the edges of the front and rear fenders, below the chrome lining in the door handle and the edge of the wheel well. Unfinished spots and clumps.
10. Mileage as displayed in MID is around 13 kpl – the longer the run, the better it gets. Guess shouldn’t have a problem extracting 18 plus on long highway runs, if one can keep down that urge to throttle away that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-76e6632be21946719c936571c9ac12a1.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-7908ae992bb94530b8743d0b741e7fb7.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-dc8c36660757438c893685357751bdac.jpeg  

Pequod is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:36   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Been 1021 kms with the Topline AT, and it has been smooth sailing so far. My driving style is generally sedate with bouts of sportiness, and all of my drives have been on the infamous Kerala (high)ways.
That's a beauty you got there! Looks like a legit gold wrapped car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
9. In my car, the paint finish is clumsy along the edges of the front and rear fenders, below the chrome lining in the door handle and the edge of the wheel well. Unfinished spots and clumps.
Ohh, that's kinda sad. Won't the dealership or service center do anything about the paint if you complain to them? It's a pain seeing unpainted spots in a brand new car!
Even though these things aren't noticeable, still it should be taken care of.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd July 2022 at 15:43. Reason: Quote content trimmed
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:11   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
That's a beauty you got there! Looks like a legit gold wrapped car!!

Ohh, that's kinda sad. Won't the dealership or service center do anything about the paint if you complain to them? It's a pain seeing unpainted spots in a brand new car!
Even though these things aren't noticeable, still it should be taken care of.
Gold , that’s 200ml of Turtle Ceramic Wash and Wax, followed by a double coat of Turtle Hard Shell Liquid Wax. Took me 7 hours and a dumpster worth of microfiber cloth and applicators! Old school all the way, all these ceramic coating and PPF, not for me!

And the paint finish, this is the kind of thing I am talking about:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-ebecb1342c76463f9c04fbe1fad0c946.jpeg

Shall take up with the service guys during the 1000 kms check-up, not sure what they could do though. Don’t want them tampering with other paint surfaces!

Last edited by Pequod : 22nd July 2022 at 15:14.
Pequod is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks