Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:47   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Been 1021 kms with the Topline AT, and it has been smooth sailing so far. My driving style is generally sedate with bouts of sportiness, and all of my drives have been on the infamous Kerala (high)ways.
Congratulations! May you have many happy years together!

Quote:
7. Brake squealing at crawling speeds – especially during reverse – is jarring, but I think I can learn to live with it.
I don't see why people should have to learn to live with this fault!
Quote:
9. In my car, the paint finish is clumsy along the edges of the front and rear fenders, below the chrome lining in the door handle and the edge of the wheel well. Unfinished spots and clumps.
Hello VW? You usedto have a good reputation for body and paintwork!

Sorry to pick on the two negative points, but if we keep silent VW may understand that it is accepted not to care about such details.

Overall, of course, your report is positive and very very happy
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:04   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Gold , that’s 200ml of Turtle Ceramic Wash and Wax, followed by a double coat of Turtle Hard Shell Liquid Wax. Took me 7 hours and a dumpster worth of microfiber cloth and applicators!
Holy moly!

Quote:
And the paint finish, this is the kind of thing I am talking about:
Attachment 2337314
Ahh, all right. This is not a major issue as I thought it would be. It would be hardly noticeable in real life. But as an owner of a new car, even the slightest imperfections pain you! However, this is not an excuse for VW to provide poorly painted cars, they already have a bad name in India because of their notorious ACs and fit & finish issues, so they don't want another burden on their head in the name of poor paint quality.
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:40   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR29 View Post

I'm delighted to share some pics of my de chromed Virtus GT in Cherry Red.
Hope you like them. i'll also leave a link below so that you could share them.
[/ATTACH]
Awesome looking whip. Can you share some close ups of the de chromed parts. What did it cost you and what was the process like ? If the parts were removed what is your take on the fitment after ? The de chroming makes the car look so good. I don't mind chrome on the interior parts, for example on the switch gear and ac vents. Just the suround border makes it look more premium. But I hate it when they put chrome on the outside.

Quote:
7. Brake squealing at crawling speeds – especially during reverse – is jarring, but I think I can learn to live with it.
Brake squealing started in the second weak of ownership. For some reason I thought it was due to the monsoons and the sea breeze that caused it. So didn't give it much thought. But now on fb and here I keep reading any the same issue faced by other owners too. Somewhere I read that the current batch of brake pads have this issue.
Nothing much we can do.
Also, got this message from Volkswagen. can anyone tell me what exactly do they check ?

"Dear Customer,

Greeting from Volkswagen Mumbai West Aftersales !

Congratulation for your new Virtus purchase.

We would like to inform you the 1st Swagat check up is due on 1month/1000km whichever earlier. We do provide free door step and pick and drop services both. For an appointment pls call on.

Thanks & Regards".

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th July 2022 at 09:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 23rd July 2022, 06:30   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Congratulations! May you have many happy years together!

I don't see why people should have to learn to live with this fault!
Hello VW? You usedto have a good reputation for body and paintwork!

Sorry to pick on the two negative points, but if we keep silent VW may understand that it is accepted not to care about such details.

Overall, of course, your report is positive and very very happy
Thanks a lot, Thad Can’t see what can be done about the brake pad issue, though definitely taking it up with the service team.

PS - Big fan of your dry wit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
It would be hardly noticeable in real life.
I do mate, I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Brake squealing started in the second weak of ownership.
Nothing much we can do.
Also, got this message from Volkswagen. can anyone tell me what exactly do they check ?

"Dear Customer,
Greeting from Volkswagen Mumbai West Aftersales !
Congratulation for your new Virtus purchase.
We would like to inform you the 1st Swagat check up is due on 1month/1000km whichever earlier. We do provide free door step and pick and drop services both. For an appointment pls call on.
Thanks & Regards".
Yes, don’t see we can do much about the brake issue.

Also going in for the Swagat check up today, shall give an update.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 21:55   #515
BHPian

Just took delivery of the Virtus GT for my in laws!
Looks dashing in wild cherry red. Took delivery from pune and driving to Kerala along with my Octavia. Will post a detailed review once the trip ends.
Sorry for the dirty pics. Octavia has been on the road for last 4 days ( driving down from Punjab )
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-b9b6029f6f494447854175684cd0b490.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-267d6353220b4f11b18a0bda747c90ea.jpeg  

robby0707 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 22:55   #516
BHPian

Why am I not shocked?

https://www.cartoq.com/volkswagen-vi...otholed-roads/
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:25   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Dirty finger marks around the lamp socket; the story can be very different than what is being told .
vidyanand is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 06:56   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
Looks dashing in wild cherry red. Took delivery from pune and driving to Kerala along with my Octavia. Will post a detailed review once the trip ends.
Sorry for the dirty pics. Octavia has been on the road for last 4 days ( driving down from Punjab )
Wow, now that’s a great combination that you have. 2 of the best cars
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 07:04   #519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
Looks dashing in wild cherry red. Took delivery from pune and driving to Kerala along with my Octavia.
Wow, two great rides you got there, the Octavia has always been a fun car, add to that the New Virtus GT. Happy miles! and eagerly awaiting your review.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 08:13   #520
BHPian

Quote:
This is not the first time when I have seen this with VW 2.0 cars. Pathetic quality! Being a proud owner of VW Vento, 2.0 strategy disappoints me to the core.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 08:22   #521
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
This is not the first time when I have seen this with VW 2.0 cars. Pathetic quality! Being a proud owner of VW Vento, 2.0 strategy disappoints me to the core.
As regards Skoda-VW's 2.0 cars, they are based on the MQB-A0 IN platform, which is heavily localized for India, which basically means costs have been cut down to cater to Indian Market.

Whereas the VW Polo, VW Vento, Skoda Rapid etc. are based on the international A05 (PQ25) platform with the real German build and quality.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 09:00   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes owners mess up with their new cars in a attempt to do DIY tasks to make their cars look even more fancier. We never know what went wrong with the lamps here in the pics that they fell apart like this, and the user too is anonymous as per the article, this left right center bashing of Skoda VW 2.0 strategy sometimes feels fishy to me.

Once one of my friends gave me his opinion about reviews on online shopping platforms, and he said people with bad experiences makes the most of the noise and probably exaggerate, based on those reviews we just can't decide if a product is bad. We must experience the product by ourselves and then only should decide is it good or bad. Since, that day of his advice I never hesitated to buy a product which suits to my requirement.

Recently, I purchased a particular brand dishwasher through online shopping platform which had recent negative reviews with left right center bashing, but the product is just working perfect in my case.
any23 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:03   #523
BHPian

Quote:
You won't appreciate the fact that the car's suspension did not have any issues after completing this stretch of bad-road but you surely will make a huge deal of the cabin lights falling off from the cabin (if it is true). It's weird to see how people blindly criticize VW 2.0 cars without even trying them out.
First of all, taking the car through this stretch was sheer stupidity. This makes it the biggest giveaway that the incident was fake/deliberately done. Anonymous user, another huge giveaway. I mean, 6-7 kms of bad road and that too on a newly bought car?????
Imagine how deep the potholes must be to make the cabin lights fall off. If the quality was that poor as they say it is, then the other owners should've also faced this problem, shouldn't they? After all, everyone has drove the car over some bad roads. If it was a car like Honda City, then I guess I don't need to explain what the consequences would have been!
Of course, this all applies if the above mentioned even was true. But I think it was just a publicity stunt so that the haters of VW could get more stuff to complain about.

Quote:
Dirty finger marks around the lamp socket; the story can be very different than what is being told .
Exactly! It seems fishy.

Quote:
Drop of quality is just noticeable for previous VW owners. I also own a Vento and I didn't find the quality to be pathetic. The quality is at par with it's competitors if not better.

Some thing I noticed in the photo:
Name:  Screenshot 20220726 093643.jpg
Views: 1783
Size:  51.6 KBName:  Screenshot 20220726 093914.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  48.3 KB

Notice the road divider on the second photo! The place in the first photo looks nowhere near to a big road, it just looks like an interior part of some village. Also, the fingerprints around the cabin lights aren't helping me believe this incident is real.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th July 2022 at 11:19. Reason: Go easy on the guy man. :) Removed the unwanted bits.
TechnoBloop is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 14:58   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Who knows, either way!

There was praise for the ground clearance (which also points out that the holes were not that deep) and it is fair enough to criticise the loose light fitting. Dirty finger marks could well be because the driver must have just shoved the fitting back into place: one couldn't really drive like that. The finger marks might be harder to remove from the roof liner than the light was to fix!

As to the road, it is no worse than many a dug-up Chennai road. My own was like this until it was finally, after three years, resurfaced a few weeks ago. OK, maybe the driver took it a bit fast.

I'm sure that this is a great car, and that our many buyers will be very happy with theirs. Some have reported the niggles as well as the high points.

I'm a fully-declared VW fanboy (and a bit of an Audi wannabe! Won't ever be able to afford, though) and some of the small negative things on this car do disappoint me. But, no doubt: If I found one gift wrapped outside my house I'd still be pretty pleased.

In the meantime, I think I'd better do another round of tidying up body work, etc, on my low-mileage 2014 GT TDI Polo. Even though later models surpass its performance, I'm beginning to think that it may not simply depreciate to worthless, but be a bit of a classic Polo in future. I'm not the only fanboy out here! (I had always intended to keep it until it, or I, becomes too old to drive)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 18:51   #525
BHPian

The smudges on the roof-liner, the lack of details and the overall tone of the article/owner - leads me to think that this is just a fabricated story rather than a real incident.

While the overall fit and finish has definite room for improvement, I can’t believe that cabin lights would fall off no matter how bad the road conditions.

Last edited by Pequod : 26th July 2022 at 18:52.
Pequod is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks