Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 10:14   #541
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
Took delivery of the Virtus 1.0 Topline AT yesterday. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The build quality felt good to me. The buttons from the cabin lights are a bit stiff and makes noise when pressed, but in no way I feel that they might fall off on bad roads like in the above mentioned video.
+1 to everything you said!

That road man, I wish we had something like that in Kerala. We have a few twisties sure, but the Virtus begs for an open road like that. Waiting to gun for the TN highways at the earliest possible chance.
Pequod is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 19:47   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post

That road man, I wish we had something like that in Kerala. We have a few twisties sure, but the Virtus begs for an open road like that. Waiting to gun for the TN highways at the earliest possible chance.
This is the New Raipur project. 70-80kms of planned, plain, deserted roads.

The car is amazingly stable in the corners and picks up power like a breeze.

I have one very very small question but you’d be surprised to know that even my SA does not know the answer to it, does this car not have a mute button on the steering wheel? Cause I have not been able to locate one.
Old 28th July 2022, 21:13   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
does this car not have a mute button on the steering wheel? Cause I have not been able to locate one.
Don’t think there is one, but then again it took me 22 days to figure out how to answer calls on the steering

On a different note, I had the 1000 km ‘Swagat’ check-up done last Saturday. General check with fluid top-ups (if necessary) and wash. Also received a complimentary VW branded car care kit! Gave the car around 12:00 pm and received back around 17:30.

Received the extended warranty and service pack documents yesterday, 23 days after taking delivery of the car.

This is what’s offered under the Service Value Package (Rs.31999/- for 4 years); existing VAG owners and other members may like to weigh in on what this exactly means.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-5f874d7cc303401096cdf83d8906a5f6.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 28th July 2022 at 21:23.
Pequod is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:40   #544
BHPian

Quote:
... it took me 22 days to figure out how to answer calls on the steering.
Is there a way to do this from steering? All review/features videos on Youtube show it as only possible from Infotainment Screen. Please share.
Old 29th July 2022, 00:05   #545

Hi!

I have received the chassis number for my Topline 1.0AT and after deciding the same, I have realised that the car is a April 2022 manufactured car. This is based on the 4th letter of the chassis number which is 'D' and the 10th letter which is N.

Have I decoded the same correctly? I had made the booking approximately a month ago and will take delivery hopefully in the coming week.

Is it normal to get a car which was manufactured a few months ago, April in this case?

And to the current owners, what is the mileage I can expect in regular Mumbai bumper to bumper traffic?
Should I be getting any additional mats apart from the rubber ones which are being given by VW?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 29th July 2022, 05:44   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Is there a way to do this from steering? All review/features videos on Youtube show it as only possible from Infotainment Screen. Please share.
Just press the ‘OK’ button on the right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy8134 View Post
This is based on the 4th letter of the chassis number which is 'D' and the 10th letter which is N.
Have I decoded the same correctly? I had made the booking approximately a month ago and will take delivery hopefully in the coming week.
Is it normal to get a car which was manufactured a few months ago, April in this case?
And to the current owners, what is the mileage I can expect in regular Mumbai bumper to bumper traffic?
Should I be getting any additional mats apart from the rubber ones which are being given by VW?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
You seem to have decoded VIN correctly. Maybe other members could check if you share the VIN here.

An April manufactured car means it has been lying in the dealer yard for over 3 months. With waiting periods being quoted anywhere between 4-6 weeks, this begs the question why? What’s the colour? If you go ahead with taking delivery, do so only after a thorough and detailed PDI.

The rubber mats given by VW are simple 3D type with raised edges. They look clean and do the job - but the dead pedal and rear floor hump area are not covered at all.
Pequod is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:02   #547

Quote:

An April manufactured car means it has been lying in the dealer yard for over 3 months. With waiting periods being quoted anywhere between 4-6 weeks, this begs the question why? What’s the colour? If you go ahead with taking delivery, do so only after a thorough and detailed PDI.

The rubber mats given by VW are simple 3D type with raised edges. They look clean and do the job - but the dead pedal and rear floor hump area are not covered at all.
It's the carbon Steel colour, which as per the SA was in good demand and was not being produced as well.

What mats should I get then for the car? And any other good and useful accessories which I should buy?

Thanks a lot!
Old 29th July 2022, 11:41   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Yes for playing music through apple carplay, just press the center button on left side of the steering wheel. It pauses the music and mute the system
sreejithvpna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:50   #549
BHPian

Quote:
It's the carbon Steel colour, which as per the SA was in good demand and was not being produced as well.

What mats should I get then for the car? And any other good and useful accessories which I should buy?

Thanks a lot!
I was looking at the gfx mats for the Virtus but since they are not available I decided on getting these rubber mats which have a slight depression like a tray. They do the job well of holding the dirt in the mat itself so it doesn't spread out. These are just temporary until the gfx mats come out for the Virtus. You may search for the same on Amazon by the name of Kingsway. They are universal so you may need to cut them slightly. I had to for the rear hump and the driver side footwell.
See if it helps. I don't like the 7d or 8d mats they look too heavy and have alot of design elements which don't suit my taste.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20220729wa0004.jpg
These is what I have currently.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220729193534.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20220729193524.jpg
These available on Amazon.
raycers_honda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:33   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I was looking at the gfx mats for the Virtus but since they are not available I decided on getting these rubber mats which have a slight depression like a tray. They do the job well of holding the dirt in the mat itself so it doesn't spread out. These are just temporary until the gfx mats come out for the Virtus. You may search for the same on Amazon by the name of Kingsway. They are universal so you may need to cut them slightly. I had to for the rear hump and the driver side footwell.
See if it helps. I don't like the 7d or 8d mats they look too heavy and have alot of design elements which don't suit my taste.
What are the main differences between these mats?

Also, how is the AC performing in the heat? Is the AC as bad as people are making it out to be? What settings should I keep it on to get proper cooling?
Old 31st July 2022, 12:08   #551
BHPian

Quote:
What are the main differences between these mats?

Also, how is the AC performing in the heat? Is the AC as bad as people are making it out to be? What settings should I keep it on to get proper cooling?
These are gfx mats. They are made exactly to fit the floor pan of the car. They come up on the side by an inch or two. It's made of really durable plastic and gives a very snug fit. They are mostly all weather mats, suited best for SUVs. But I like the neat and clean look.
Name:  images 1.jpeg
Views: 2173
Size:  31.7 KB

The AC is performing really well. I don't have auto AC as I opted out for it. But I put the blower on the first level and cools really well. I don't think people realise that with auto start stop the compressor of the HVAC turns off, hence cooling is reduced. The pros could correct me if I'm wrong.
raycers_honda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:18   #552
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think people realise that with auto start stop the compressor of the HVAC turns off, hence cooling is reduced. The pros could correct me if I'm wrong.
I know people who have the automatic climate control in their VW 2.0 cars and do not have auto start-stop. Compressor trips when the car is moving in the first two gears at crawling speeds, resulting in warm air. I am sure auto start-stop works when the car is stationary or has a speed of < 2kmph.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:28   #553

Thanks!

What is the break in period for the 1.0AT variant? Unable to find anything online.
Is there anything mentioned in the user manual regarding it?
Old 31st July 2022, 17:36   #554
BHPian

Greetings! After shortlisting and test driving a few cars from different segments the Virtus might come out to be the victor albeit my father's approval. I also have a few queries regarding VW in general.

1) Everyone knows about the famed DQ200 issues, we are planning to buy the 1.5 DSG so what is your opinion on the reliability of the gearbox now?
2) My friend owns a VW Vento Diesel and he has to top up coolant at more than regular intervals, our Hyundai Eon in it's 44000km run has never had coolant top ups, what is the reason for this?
3)My dad is a staunch Toyota fan(me too) but as Toyota doesn't have the model we want, we had to look at other options, my dad being in the taxi industry in Dubai deals with Toyota Camrys so he is always of the opinion that VW maintenance is high and there is always problems with them. What is the case here in India?

I like the Virtus overall but gearbox issues and maintainence cost is making me think twice.
CarManMotorcycl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 07:50   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Just into two and a half weeks and the coolant level is just about touching the minimum mark. I'm not sure whether I received the car like this cause I hadn't noticed this before.
I did my car's PDI few days back. The coolant level was similar to what's in your image. I had also pointed it out to the SA and he was of the opinion that it stays this much only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks