Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 16:33   #946
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Is mileage a major concern for 1.0 TSI. Someone known to me who has 1.0 Taigun has started using his two-wheeler extensively in city traffic after buying the Taigun.

Even a VW SA I personally know has told me that extracting double-digit mileage out of 1.0 in city traffic conditions would be a task.

This is a major concern, I commute every day 40 KMs in Citry traffic where bumper-to-bumper traffic could be 50% and the rest would be moderate traffic probably in 3rd and 4th gear. Single digit average would be catastrophic.

Any comments from long term users please..
I get double digits in my 1.5 MT under the conditions you mentioned provided I am light footed in 3rd and 4th. I don't think you will have a problem with 1.0 either
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:18   #947
BHPian

Quote:
How was the experience upgrading from Baleno. I presume that the ride and handling would be incomparably different. But how about the rest of the experience including quality, and service centre experience.
Most things have naturally been massive upgrades. I've been to the service centre twice and it has been a decent experience in Gurgaon.
The thing which isn't a massive upgrade is interior being rattle free. Facing some issues on that front lately but I'm hopeful about getting it solved at the service centre. I've read that they might help with extra taping/foam at some places. (There's a constant noise/rattle from around the passenger side AC vent or window or tweeter. Not able to figure correctly but that's the only thing I'd mention.)
RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 19:13   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
I get double digits in my 1.5 MT under the conditions you mentioned provided I am light footed in 3rd and 4th. I don't think you will have a problem with 1.0 either
Thanks for the input. 1.5 gives better mileage than 1.0. although all turbo petrol engines are very sensitive to right foot inputs, 1.0 being a smaller engine i think the sensitivity is more.

I feel its Its like you injecting a drop of ink in to 1 litre of watet versus 1.5 litre of water. The 1.00 litre water would get affected more.
Old 1st March 2023, 19:29   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
The 1.5 TSI features active cylinder deactivation technology, which shuts off two cylinders at low speeds to save fuel. Hence better than the 1.0 3 cylinder turbo petrol. In my TD it was quite tough to get even 9 kmpl on the AT variant.
Old 1st March 2023, 22:02   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
The 1.5 TSI features active cylinder deactivation technology, which shuts off two cylinders at low speeds to save fuel. Hence better than the 1.0 3 cylinder turbo petrol. In my TD it was quite tough to get even 9 kmpl on the AT variant.
Agreed the ACT and since mine being a manual drive which helps in engine breaking yeilds better results. I trust your experience in this case. May be the manual can yeild a better mileage than the AT?
Old 2nd March 2023, 01:00   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. 1.5 gives better mileage than 1.0. although all turbo petrol engines are very sensitive to right foot inputs, 1.0 being a smaller engine i think the sensitivity is more .
1.0 can do this too
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230302_005404.jpg  

RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:36   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
1.0 can do this too
Noted. But this would be near impossible to replicate regularly in real scenarios unless you are driving on a 3 lane highway. In Kerala, even on the two lane highways this average speed would be difficult to execute. Other motorists will screw you over and rightfully so.
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:06   #953
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right threadto ask this question. Kindly excuse if not.

I am stuck between Honda City (will wait for facelift) and Virtus. I feel the Honda City's base variant is great VFM as it has all required features. Whereas only the mid variant of Virtus is appealing to me based on look as well as features. For the same money I could get CVT Variant of City's base model. I feel City's interior are premium and feels better than Virtus, even though build quality could be better in Virtus.

If the price increase of Honda City facelift would add more fire to confusion is unknown.

Kindly share your thoughts
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:00   #954
BHPian

Quote:
It seems like you have already made up your mind on the City. That is absolutely fine. Both these models have their share of good and bad. You can't really go wrong with either. One area I feel there will be a difference is ride quality. The Virtus in my opinion is much better.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:36   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
It seems like you have already made up your mind on the City.
No, if I had made up my mind I wouldn't be posting this question

I am using Polo Petrol 1.2 since seven years. so now you know where I come from.

I am completely open to your thoughts and love to know perspectives of fellow members.

Also, when you say ride quality that is a very broad term. Could you please be specific regarding the conditions in which ride quality is felt way better.

Last edited by Sid13 : 2nd March 2023 at 17:44. Reason: Adding more for clarifying
Sid13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:30   #956
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if this is the right threadto ask this question. Kindly excuse if not.

Depends on the priorities, if you love driving-want that push back feel once you push pedal to metal, solid build and good handling-Virtus it has to be. The NA in the City is good but would you be willing to revv the nuts out everytime you want that fun-that needs to be decided.

Compared to Virtus, City scores better on reliability and nothing else unless you are getting the Hybrid. Infotainment in Virtus is much better atleast when compared to the current system which used to come in City, not sure if they have updated that in the facelift. Doors in the City will feel flimsy when compared to Virtus, smaller tyres would be another negative which I would suggest to update if you decide to go with City.

If you have more driving within city then City will be more comfortable to drive but if you have 50% or more drives on highways then Virtus would be the recommended one. TD both the cars, I have been in the same scenario a year back-coming from a Polo I know you will find it difficult to get a smile on your face and satisfied by cars focused more on comfort.

Cheers .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:38   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Also, when you say ride quality that is a very broad term. Could you please be specific regarding the conditions in which ride quality is felt way better.
I may have been wrong, but your original post did come across like your heart was set on the City.

My experience is very limited but let me share with you my views: I am on my 5th VW. Along with these, I also had the opportunity to drive a Honda Civic (Manual) and a Honda City (CVT 4th Gen) both of which were driven mostly by my father who is now close to 80.

Both the Hondas had suspensions that were lesser effective on cushioning the occupants from undulations. This was one of the larger reasons that we changed my father's City in just over 2.5 years to a Virtus. Please do drive both vehicles over harsh roads. That will best summarize what I am trying to say above.

The interiors of the Honda are of much better quality. Personally, I don't care too much about features as much as I do about safety and how the car drives, handles and performs, even if this means that the car is not overly reliable.

I am sure you will be able to solve your conundrum basis the priorities you have set for the ownership of your next car.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:43   #958
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 6

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 5800KM

Hello everyone, been a while since the last update. As summer suddenly happened in NCR, I noticed that my car's AC was behaving a bit abnormally. I could hear the compressor kick on and it made a loud noise each time it did. While driving it would go, on - off, on - off every 15 to 20 seconds. During its off phase, the air in the cabin would become humid and a few seconds later nice and cold, this cycle kept repeating.

I usually keep the ac at 23 degrees throughout the year, but this forced me to keep it at a lower temperature in the hopes that the AC would stay “ON”, tried this for a few days and then one day noticed that the AC had switched itself off, had to manually switch it back on again. Odd.

We all know about the driver-side window that rolls back or has its one-touch up/down feature malfunction regularly prompting a reset. This prompted me to give my VW SA a call, he said bring the car in, there are some software updates available for these issues.

Made some time last week and took the car in to the workshop. When I reached I was told that the VIN no. of my car is not flagged for an update, but he will connect the VCDS and check anyway, upon checking, the update was available and this was initiated.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20230225wa0005.jpeg

While I was there I got the hood insulation installed as well. 1,100/- after taxes.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20230225wa0009.jpeg

So what was the end result? I think the AC is the same, I have felt no difference, I keep the AC at 22 and I can still hear the compressor go on, off, and in a jerky not so smooth way. Why cant they get this right? None of my previous vehicles had an AC compressor/clutch mechanism that made such a loud and jerky sound. Some SKODA owners have reported that after this update their ventilated seats stopped working. Thankfully this has not happened to me - although just because I read this I feel their effectiveness has gone down.

Driver-side window issue seems resolved, no malfunctions after a week of usage. Overall, I am not happy with the AC, it is loud and keeps increasing/decreasing the fan speed on auto. I just don't want to have to deal with this kind of stuff on what is otherwise a nice car, but the way it drives and pulls makes me forget these things, the things VW owners have to deal with. Otherwise no other issues, consistent 12-17km/l on XP95 and 32PSI in all tires.

In other news, COBRA lowering springs should arrive next week. Will share some details about that once the job is done.
vividhavasthi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 00:49   #959
BHPian

Anyone upsized their tires to 17" ones?
If yes, is there a difference in handling and FE?
Old 4th March 2023, 07:24   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 6

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 5800KM

We all know about the driver-side window that rolls back or has its one-touch up/down feature malfunction regularly prompting a reset.

Driver-side window issue seems resolved, no malfunctions after a week of usage. Overall, I am not happy with the AC, it is loud and keeps increasing/decreasing the fan speed on auto. I just don't want to have to deal with this kind of stuff on what is otherwise a nice car, but the way it drives and pulls makes me forget these things, the things VW owners have to deal with. Otherwise no other issues, consistent 12-17km/l on XP95 and 32PSI in all tires.

How did they solve the driver side window issue? Through the same software update?

Did they told at least unofficially what the software update is doing to the AC?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks