Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2022, 13:23   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
They claim that the floor height of Max has increased by 20mm compared to the Nexon EV
Numbers can be deceptive. Your best bet is to try the rear seating position out in both Nexon EV and Nexon EV Max back to back, and take a call. The Max is now available in most dealerships, at least here in Bangalore.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 13:28   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Numbers can be deceptive. Your best bet is to try the rear seating position out in both Nexon EV and Nexon EV Max back to back, and take a call. The Max is now available in most dealerships, at least here in Bangalore.
That’s the tricky part, at least at dealers in Hyderabad. Getting access to both, EV and EV Max, at the same time is proving to be a challenge.
Old 26th May 2022, 15:00   #138
BHPian

I wanted to see the vehicle before booking.

In Bangalore (Koramangala area) forget test drive, EV Max is not even available for display in Koramangala and BTM areas.

Prerana has only in Lalbagh Road, Rajaji Nagar and Jakkur. Not in BTM.
Kropex has not even seen the vehicle. Their SA was telling vehicle is in transit and it will take another week to come. When I told I wanted to see the vehicle especially the back seat, he said there is no difference in the Ground Clearance and the specifications are same as the old EV. I am now feeling scared to go to Kropex with this knowledge levels.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 16:00   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post

In Bangalore (Koramangala area) forget test drive, EV Max is not even available for display in Koramangala and BTM areas.
I just checked with my SA, Key Motors JP Nagar has the EV Max available for test drive. I would be dropping in sometime this weekend.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 19:54   #140
BHPian

Got a test drive of Nexon EV max at home by Key Motors and their sales reps were knowledgeable too.

I did a Nexon EV TD yesterday and Nexon EV max today.

My impressions of Nexon EV max over Nexon EV:
Positives:
+good step up in terms of feature list
+regen implementation seems to be on spot, not too intrusive and an option to completely turn off. The two regen buttons did confuse me first time, it doesn’t operate in a cyclic manner and it operates like your volume + and - buttons.
+eco mode was comfortable to drive.
+traction control works wonders - floor the pedal in sports model in both cars and you can clearly see the difference. No option to turn it off.

Negatives:
-Back seat was uncomfortable for me, my height is around 5-10/5-11 and I had very little under thigh support with knee up seating and an awkward posture. Felt the seats have been thinned out a little too but not sure on this. Nexon EV was clearly more comfortable. On the contrary, my mother who is on the shorter side gave a big thumbs up to rear seat comfort.
-slightly stiffer ride, not a deal breaker though. You observe it for sure but it won’t bother you.
-ventilated seats buttons are awful on all fronts - it’s positioning, feel and usability.
-the rotary dial is laggy, it takes its time to change the drives.
-the inside feel of Nexon max is same as regular one, not much of difference.

For a strictly city drive car - you will be left thinking if the additional premium for Nexon EV max is worth it but if it’s going to be used for occasional nearby outstation trips on highway then Nexon EV max would be a blind choice without a second thought.

Last edited by Sandegov : 26th May 2022 at 19:55. Reason: Typo correction
Sandegov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 20:01   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
For a strictly city drive car - you will be left thinking if the additional premium for Nexon EV max is worth it but if it’s going to be used for occasional nearby outstation trips on highway then Nexon EV max would be a blind choice without a second thought.
Absolutely spot on! For city usage only, the regular Nexon EV is good enough but for occassional highway usage, Max is a no-brainer.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 20:13   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I just checked with my SA, Key Motors JP Nagar has the EV Max available for test drive. I would be dropping in sometime this weekend.
From what I know it’s a single TD car doing rounds between their branches on different days, would suggest you call them before heading out.

Quote:
In the Max Lux trim, do the ventilated seats have a hard plastic back? Does that compromise the effective legroom in the back seat?
The back is not hard plastic, but the ventilated seats dint really have the same feel as what I have experienced in other cars from other segments.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2022 at 23:52. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 00:32   #143
Senior - BHPian

Any word/ insider scoop on the Max's dark edition? Wonder why Tata didn't launch it from get go!
Old 27th May 2022, 06:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:

Negatives:
-Back seat was uncomfortable for me, my height is around 5-10/5-11 and I had very little under thigh support with knee up seating and an awkward posture. Felt the seats have been thinned out a little too but not sure on this. Nexon EV was clearly more comfortable. On the contrary, my mother who is on the shorter side gave a big thumbs up to rear seat comfort.
What's with EVs in India and poor back seats ! ZS, Max and even the upcoming EV6 seem to suffer from poor back seat comfort. I'm not even counting Kona given its tiny rear seat space. Looks like a compromise on this front of given for an EV buyer in India for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
-the rotary dial is laggy, it takes its time to change the drives.
How bad is the lag when changing between modes? When switching from P-D and vice-versa is the experience

1. P-lag-R-lag-N-lag-R-lag-D OR
2. P-lag-D ?

If it is like #1 above, every signal light stop and start is going to be a pain. Else will have to rely on the EPB and autohold and switch to P only when actually parking the vehicle.

3-point turns will also take forever if the experience is like #1 above.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2022 at 08:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 27th May 2022, 09:12   #145
BHPian

Quote:
2. P-lag-D ?

If it is like #1 above, every signal light stop and start is going to be a pain. Else will have to rely on the EPB and autohold and switch to P only when actually parking the vehicle.

Isn’t that the whole point of having Auto Hold that you don’t have to keep on switching between D, N/P every time you stop? Switch it to D with Auto Hold on and no need to change it to N/P till you come to a long stop. I use it the same way on my other car as well and I seldom switch to P while driving / traffic lights.

Even during 3 points turn, don’t think even with the lag the time will be significantly more than what it would take to switch to Gear 1, Reverse, Gear 1. Or D,R,D that it will make it pain to operate.

Still waiting to the test drive though, but if it was that much of a pain, people must have mentioned it in reviews that the lag will affect usability. I found the lag to be there even in the normal Nexon EV, but again not so apparent that it will affect usability.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:34   #146
BHPian

Quote:

How bad is the lag when changing between modes? When switching from P-D and vice-versa is the experience

2. P-lag-D ?

Its manageable - It will definitely take time to adjust, at least for me. I did miss slotting into right drives few times when I was trying to get it into my basement in reverse and had to do a quick front-back. The other point is you need to consciously keep the brake hard pressed till the drive change completes otherwise it goes back to P, I took my foot off twice and missed putting it to D.I have driven auto cars (non AMT) regularly for 10+ years now.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:59   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Isn’t that the whole point of having Auto Hold that you don’t have to keep on switching between D, N/P every time you stop? Switch it to D with Auto Hold on and no need to change it to N/P till you come to a long stop. I use it the same way on my other car as well and I seldom switch to P while driving / traffic lights.
Exactly, in fact I simply loved the Auto Hold function as my test drive involved a stretch of bumper to bumper.

Regarding backseat I was nervous too, however my family felt comfortable (< 5'5") and it was fine for me 5'7". My test drive involved 3 people in the back seat. Felt great driving the car (rough patches, corners...).

Two things I hate, placement of Regen button it should have been in the steering. Apple car play does not work wireless (charging wireless but connectivity cable )
mrvenka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:45   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's with EVs in India and poor back seats
I've not experienced second row seating in Max but regular Nexon EV has amazing second row comfort. Try it to believe it.

Quote:
How bad is the lag when changing between modes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
I found the lag to be there even in the normal Nexon EV, but again not so apparent that it will affect usability.
In my Nexon EV, there is a lag of about half a second between dial movement and change in drive mode. While it is not a big issue, it does take some time getting used to, especially in high-traffic situations like 3-point U-turns, etc. On traffic lights, I usually stick to N with brake pedal pressed (short stops) or parking brake engaged (longer stops). I don't think one should switch to P in the Max, given the "auto hold" function.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 09:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post

Prerana has only in Lalbagh Road, Rajaji Nagar and Jakkur. Not in BTM.
Kropex has not even seen the vehicle. Their SA was telling vehicle is in transit and it will take another week to come. When I told I wanted to see the vehicle especially the back seat, he said there is no difference in the Ground Clearance and the specifications are same as the old EV. I am now feeling scared to go to Kropex with this knowledge levels.
I would suggest calling up any KHT motors showroom, they have in Inner ring road near Dell showroom. KHT motors was top seller of Nexon EV for last 3 quarters in south India and they have 2 display cars and 1 TD car for sure. My booking is with the AECS Layout branch near Marathahali. They have confirmed deliveries starting from June 1st. My SA has sent me proforma invoice for starting the purchase order process as mine is going to be through company lease.
I would recommend going to KHT motors AECS layout today, as they had the TD vehicle sent to Inner ring road branch yesterday.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 18:30   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
My SA has sent me proforma invoice for starting the purchase order process as mine is going to be through company lease.
I would recommend going to KHT motors AECS layout today, as they had the TD vehicle sent to Inner ring road branch yesterday.
Thanks, when did you book the car ? I have booked mine online (on the launch day) selected Key Motors and yet to hear back on my priority number or possible delivery date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks