Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 09:48   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Thankyou.
It's the XZ+ Lux. The small features like the ventilated seats are really a big welcome.
How do you find the driving ergonomics of ev max for extended driving like say 1-2 hrs in city? Do the raised floors cause any discomfort ?
Old 9th June 2022, 12:05   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Congratulations! When did you make your initial booking? (I noticed your previous post where you mentioned you converted the non-Max booking to Max)
I had made the initial booking for the regular Nexon EV on 6th April. They had given me an estimated wait time for 1-2 months. On May 20th I went ahead and changed the booking to the Max. According to my sources the demand for the Max is quite low here in Goa, around 20 bookings at my dealership as far as I know. The Tata Power guy turned up yesterday and he said he has done 3 7.2 KW charging station installations till now in Goa. Mine's the 3rd.
nathanjdias is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 13:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
How do you find the driving ergonomics of ev max for extended driving like say 1-2 hrs in city? Do the raised floors cause any discomfort ?
Driving isn't an issue for extended hours, i did end up driving for 4 hours a day without any discomfort. Rear passenger comfort can be argued upon, because I was seated in the back seat for an hour and was directly comparing the comfort to Innova crysta, so obviously it wasn't that comfortable. But yes the rear seat comfort isn't at par in my opinion.
yashcosmos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:12   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou.
It's the XZ+ Lux. The small features like the ventilated seats are really a big welcome.
Can you use the air conditioning in the car while fast or slow charging? I am asking this because if that's possible then it will be easy to rest while charging the car.
patil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:50   #200
BHPian

Quote:
I took the insurance from dealer itself, had it negotiated to 74 odd thousand with all important covers like nil depreciation, back to invoice, key cover.

Also, regarding extended warranty, the dealer had quote only for 1 year of EW, but I want 2 years of EW and they didn't have the right figure with them at the time, so I am yet to get 2 years of EW, do let me know if your dealer is able to bill you for 2 years of EW and how much is the charge.
Yesterday visited the dealers yard and once I was convinced about the very basic things, I gave the nod for next steps.
I took the nil dep, bumper to bumper insurance from the dealer for 56,277 with add-ons like Return to Invoice, Tyre and Alloy protect, Key Replacement, personal belongings, emergency hotel and transport expenses and consumables. On top of that, the dealer has mentioned in writing that they will waive off labour charges as well.

Chose the 7d mats of tata, trunk carpet mat, mud flaps and door edge guard. Need to check out the Sil guard, door visor and bumper protector when I go to perform PDI in another 3 to 4 working days.

Super excited for now and sharing some pics of the car from the yard. I was skeptical on the Daytona grey colour, but liked it in first glance itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_135033.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_134531.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_134130.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_134218.jpg  

rkmunjuluri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:29   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Can you use the air conditioning in the car while fast or slow charging? I am asking this because if that's possible then it will be easy to rest while charging the car.
I did ask the SA about the same, he told me car needs to be completely switched off for charging, so haven't tried doing that, but i don't think one can use AC while charging
yashcosmos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:53   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Found a video on youtube, apparently you can use AC while charging like many other EVs.

SKC-auto is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 18:43   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
Yesterday visited the dealers yard and once I was convinced about the very basic things, I gave the nod for next steps.

The Daytona grey looks really nice. Much better in the real world than the digital images. I had seen a Daytona grey Nexon with roof & white accents painted/wrapped in black. Looked very premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
I had made the initial booking for the regular Nexon EV on 6th April.
Delivery timeline of below one month is really great. Congratulations!!!! What was the preferred shade at the time of switching the booking.
Did the dealership offer any preferential treatment for other shades than what was selected by you??

Quote:
Driving isn't an issue for extended hours, i did end up driving for 4 hours a day without any discomfort. Rear passenger comfort can be argued upon, because I was seated in the back seat for an hour and was directly comparing the comfort to Innova crysta, so obviously it wasn't that comfortable. But yes the rear seat comfort isn't at par in my opinion.
Does the rear seat have a flat floorpan with the increase in floor height?? If possible please share us some real world images of your car Sir.
We will have a much better idea of the rear seat floorpan if you can share images of the same.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th June 2022 at 21:12. Reason: Back to Back posts merged, quoted post trimmed.
Old 9th June 2022, 19:16   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai47 View Post
Delivery timeline of below one month is really great
Yes. Taking the point further. When I called my Sales Advisor to change the booking, he told me that the Max would in all probability arrive earlier than the regular Nexon I had booked.

Both times I chose the white colour. I had asked whether there is any delay in any colours to which the SA said there wouldn't be much difference.
nathanjdias is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 20:46   #205
BHPian

Test drove the EV Max today, Sree Gokulam Motors, Perumbavoor, Kochi brought the vehicle home. Usually the test drive vehicles I’ve seen doesn’t come with permanent registration, but this one was registered and came with a green plate.

Started the drive with 4 of us in the vehicle.

1. Drove mostly in City mode and it definitely gave a totally good feel. The power available on tap felt super awesome.
2. Tried different not so good roads which I usually go through on my diesel Etios Liva, and felt the drive very comfortable. I don’t think I’d have been able to manage the same speeds on my Liva, suspension felt really good and comfy.
3. Went over a steep-ish incline in Eco mode and just stopped in the middle, removed foot from brake and the vehicle stood still. Resumed and the vehicle effortlessly went up the incline.
4. I found the ventilated seat not so good, I had it at level 3 but I wasn’t getting an airy feel at all. Also the button placement felt odd (ie on the side of seat), I had to keep checking whether I turned it on or off or at max level cause the actual feedback was non existent.
5. Sport mode felt energising, the vehicle simply zoomed.
6. AC was behaving in a weird way. It was working all good till I turned on eco mode at which time the AC cooling dropped which is kinda expected but it was noticeable. Then I switched back to normal mode and AC started working again and seemed good. Had the temp set at 22, but after a while again it felt as though the AC cut off and was feeling warm. Anyway I’d give a benefit of doubt as I asked my wife and she said didn’t feel any such issue.

I had made a booking on June 3rd by paying Rs 11,000 at Gokulam (I’ve a booking in Bangalore too). Asked about delivery and the SA is like there are a lot of bookings and repeated the same 3-4 month timeline. Apparently the parent dealership have got only 3 allocations so far, one being the test drive car and two customer cars. He said this month they might get 25 cars allocated and if there are any cancellations he’d let me know. Most bookings are for the intensi teal colour apparently, same as my booking.

Another odd/misinformation the SA said was that apparently the 7.2 kW variant has some changes within the vehicle and even if I get the charger later, I wouldn’t be able to make use of the faster AC charging. I then asked there are 22 kW AC public chargers, would I not be able to use it for fast charging then, for which he’s like public AC chargers you can use at full speed but home chargers I’d be capped at 3.3 kW. Felt like he was just sharing from some training he received. Either way he seemed to be pushing for 7.2 kW variant.

Last edited by varkey : 9th June 2022 at 20:57.
varkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:41   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I then asked there are 22 kW AC public chargers, would I not be able to use it for fast charging then, for which he’s like public AC chargers you can use at full speed but home chargers I’d be capped at 3.3 kW. Felt like he was just sharing from some training he received. Either way he seemed to be pushing for 7.2 kW variant.
You cannot use 22kw AC public chargers for Nexon, IIRC even the Tesla's cannot charge at 22KW AC chargers. Here, the car is limited by 3.3KW(or 7.2kw) AC charger, it does not matter if it is public or private charger. You can charge at upto 50KW DC public charging.
SKC-auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:49   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
You cannot use 22kw AC public chargers for Nexon, IIRC even the Tesla's cannot charge at 22KW AC chargers. Here, the car is limited by 3.3KW(or 7.2kw) AC charger, it does not matter if it is public or private charger. You can charge at upto 50KW DC public charging.
Sorry, what I meant was that the car should be able charge at the 7.2 kW rate even from a 22 kW AC charger if available right. As long as the connectors match, it should be able to negotiate the maximum charging rate the car supports (which in this case is 7.2 kW). Yeah, the SA appear to be under the impression that there are differences in the internal setup of the car between the 3.3 kW and 7.2 kW variants of the car, that even if I get a 7.2 kW home charger later I wouldn’t be able to make use of it. I don’t think that’s the case though and could be something missing in their training.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 08:13   #208
BHPian

Quote:

Chose the 7d mats of tata, trunk carpet mat, mud flaps and door edge guard. Need to check out the Sil guard, door visor and bumper protector when I go to perform PDI in another 3 to 4 working days.

Super excited for now and sharing some pics of the car from the yard. I was skeptical on the Daytona grey colour, but liked it in first glance itself.
Thanks for the images. Have booked the same color with pictures alone and will be going for the PDI today. The car reached the dealer's main yard yesterday and passed their PDI last night. Will reach the showroom by afternoon. Also have plans to check out the accessories today and finalise the same. Hopefully will get the delivery by Monday as the loan is ready and SA said will not take more than 36-48 hours to get the number plate once I give final go ahead.
prateekchanana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 09:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I am being told by my dealer that EV Max is not approved yet by RTO. No deliveries are happening in karnataka.

Is that true?
Old 10th June 2022, 12:15   #210
BHPian

Nexon ev max can do easily a 300 km on single charge a friend recently shared his experience.

Link :

https://twitter.com/subikash_r/statu...QigwOydgOuv91Q
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-da0940cf9da54d62bec47f8945240f35.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-1460a9ee44ce45ef90dff2b6dc8aad1e.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-4523675223cf430ead5defe77bc0122c.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-8cff7a1522e14beeab2f96c19a6f3501.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-173ef689b7e442b8b1c211fec85460ec.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-da0940cf9da54d62bec47f8945240f35.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-1460a9ee44ce45ef90dff2b6dc8aad1e.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-4523675223cf430ead5defe77bc0122c.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-8cff7a1522e14beeab2f96c19a6f3501.jpeg