Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 19:48   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
I am being told by my dealer that EV Max is not approved yet by RTO. No deliveries are happening in karnataka.

Is that true?
I got confirmation from my SA yesterday that the first EV max from KHT Motors AECS layout, near marathahalli is scheduled for today evening. Should have been finished by now, will check if he can share any pics. Also we have all test drive vehicles across various dealers plying on the roads of bangalore already. So I do not buy what your dealer is saying.

Update as of 8:00 PM on 10th June 2022:
Scratch the message on top. The SA just called me and he confirmed that RTO in bangalore is not yet registering the EV Max. This delivery was done as the customer was willing to take the risk. But the dealer is confident that the registrations will kick start with in next 4 to 5 working days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Thanks for the images. Have booked the same color with pictures alone and will be going for the PDI today. The car reached the dealer's main yard yesterday and passed their PDI last night. Will reach the showroom by afternoon. Also have plans to check out the accessories today and finalise the same. Hopefully will get the delivery by Monday as the loan is ready and SA said will not take more than 36-48 hours to get the number plate once I give final go ahead.
It would be great, if you can share some snaps of the car in sunlight during your PDI. These will act us my fuel to keep pushing the team to move faster. With the leasing thing they are moving so slow.

Last edited by rkmunjuluri : 10th June 2022 at 20:03. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:17   #212
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post

It would be great, if you can share some snaps of the car in sunlight during your PDI. These will act us my fuel to keep pushing the team to move faster. With the leasing thing they are moving so slow.
The dealer could not get the car to his showroom yesterday as there is some change in the way hypothecation is done for loans taken form govt banks. They had to delay a lot of deliveries due to this and had no space to park the car in their nearby yard. The main yard is quite far and I could not travel there on my working day. Dealer has promised to get the car to the showroom today for PDI, will share the images if it happens today. Else its gonna happen on Monday.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 18:50   #213
BHPian

Quote:

Just came back with the PDI. The car looks great in grey. Having second thoughts about changing the blue strips / humanity lines to black as they look fine as they are as well. Also the online imaged of the interior did not show the stitch color clearly one XZ+, but it is blue and goes well with the rest of the cabin theme.

Have finalised the insurance for 53.5k including RTI, zero dep and everything else. Was 3k cheaper without RTI. Liked the 3d mats more than 7d ones, but will decide about them on day of delivery. They were offering just a 5% discount as of now on accessories and was in a hurry so didn't finalise. The car was showing a range of 288 kms with 82% SOC. If the bank / RTO issue gets sorted out will be getting the delivery on Monday eve.

Also, the SA handed me over the home charger box and raised the request for installation of the same. Should be done by Monday morning I think. He raised the request before as well and I got the call within 24 hours form Tata Power for survey, but they later confirmed 3.3 doesn't need one and will straight away be installed.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0195.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0196.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0197.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0198.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0199.jpeg
prateekchanana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 09:05   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Just came back with the PDI. The car looks great in grey. Having second thoughts about changing the blue strips / humanity lines to black as they look fine as they are as well. Also the online imaged of the interior did not show the stitch color clearly one XZ+, but it is blue and goes well with the rest of the cabin theme.
Thanks for sharing the pics. Now I am able to get a sense of blue strips all across the body.
Right now they don't look that bad as compared to the pictures on the Tata Website. My initial thought was to convert those straps to black, atleast the sides and back. Now I am thinking to keep them there for few days and then decide on what to do next.

I am pushing the team for a quicker delivery, keeping my fingers crossed.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 20:57   #215
BHPian

Tata power guys came and installed the charger already. Less than 24 hours of placing the request. Was not expecting them to shop up on Sunday. Very neatly installed the cables and charger and shared their numbers in case we face any issue after getting the car. Very smooth process.

Dealer however is still facing issues registering any and all cars for which loan is taken form govt banks. Some change in law in Delhi, enforced without proper instructions / guidelines. Doubtful about getting the delivery tomorrow now thanks to this new poorly implemented rule.
prateekchanana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 10:37   #216
BHPian

1 new thing I realised about the wireless charger in my EV max

I use a Samsung fold 3 and an iPhone both with covers, the charger always flawlessly charges the Samsung with the cover on, while iPhone struggles to charge 90% of the times even without the cover. Many times it shows charging but the battery % remains the same even after 30 odd mins, unable to understand the logic behind the same. And it was takes a few attempts before the charger even shows connected with an iPhone.
yashcosmos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:23   #217
Senior - BHPian

Those who have booked along with the 7.2KW charger, are you given the 3.3kw mobile charger as well along with the car?
Old 13th June 2022, 19:25   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
1 new thing I realised about the wireless charger in my EV max

I use a Samsung fold 3 and an iPhone both with covers, the charger always flawlessly charges the Samsung with the cover on, while iPhone struggles to charge 90% of the times even without the cover. Many times it shows charging but the battery % remains the same even after 30 odd mins, unable to understand the logic behind the same. And it was takes a few attempts before the charger even shows connected with an iPhone.
Had a similar experience during my test drive as well. My wife's iPhone XS was able to charge even with a case, however even after multiple tries couldn't get my iPhone 13 to charge (I didn't remove the case though). Looks like the wireless charger on the EV Max is mostly a gimmick, cause another desk wireless charger that I use charges my iPhone 13 even with the case, so clearly there are better wireless chargers out there.
Old 13th June 2022, 19:42   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Those who have booked along with the 7.2KW charger, are you given the 3.3kw mobile charger as well along with the car?
Remember you are only paying extra for the 7.2KW charger & of course the mobile charger which can be used in any 15 amp. Socket for slow charging is standard across all variants.
XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 23:59   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Had a similar experience during my test drive as well. My wife's iPhone XS was able to charge even with a case, however even after multiple tries couldn't get my iPhone 13 to charge (I didn't remove the case though). Looks like the wireless charger on the EV Max is mostly a gimmick, cause another desk wireless charger that I use charges my iPhone 13 even with the case, so clearly there are better wireless chargers out there.
I think it has also got something to do with the phone. During my test drive even I couldn’t get my 12 Pro Max to charge when I placed it over the charger. SA advised me to remove the case but I didn’t bother doing that. But I have also faced issues with multiple wireless chargers as well of SPIGEN and belkin which used to work fine with my XS and still do with 12 and 13 my family uses. The placement of charging coil is such I have to place this bigger phone more carefully on qi charges to allign it properly. MagSafe charges work like a charm though. Will be able to re-confirm this better once I get hold of the car which keeps on getting delayed every day.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:07   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
1 times even without the cover. Many times it shows charging but the battery % remains the same even after 30 odd mins, unable to understand the logic behind the same. And it was takes a few attempts before the charger even shows connected with an iPhone.
I have had similar issue with my friend’s Skoda Slavia 1.5, when placed on wireless charging iPhone shows charging and it’s hardly charged. He now uses USB cable to charge the phone. Never tried android phone though.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 14th June 2022 at 17:09.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 19:13   #222
BHPian

Quote:

Update as of 8:00 PM on 10th June 2022:
Scratch the message on top. The SA just called me and he confirmed that RTO in bangalore is not yet registering the EV Max. This delivery was done as the customer was willing to take the risk. But the dealer is confident that the registrations will kick start with in next 4 to 5 working
Did you get any update if the RTO has started the registration as I am also waiting for IntensiTeal Max 7.2kw variant. Although I am first in queue I am yet to get any update on when the allotment is going to happen.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 21:24   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Nexon ev max can do easily a 300 km on single charge a friend recently shared his experience.

Link :

https://twitter.com/subikash_r/statu...QigwOydgOuv91Q
Wow!!!! That is a very good news. Your friend seems to be driving with an average of 120wh/km. So out of 40kwh if we consider 38kwh of usable battery, then [38k/120] wh would get us 316km of range. This is the range we can expect without going below 20% as post this vehicle will enter limp mode.

Is your friend an EV driver or is he a first time EV buyer. Asking this because if he is driving the EV for the first time and getting this range then we can expect even more kms with future updates and getting to know the car a lot better.

Thanks for sharing the update!!
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:13   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Wow!!!! That is a very good news. Your friend seems to be driving with an average of 120wh/km
A battery consumption rate of 115-120 Wh/km is commendable indeed. I am certain that this was attained via very measured and disciplined driving, as well as nil / bare minimal usage of accessories like a/c, infotainment, etc. If one can sustain this driving pattern over long intervals of time (which I personally find to be very stressful), then a range of 320+ km on the Max and 220+ km on the regular Nexon EV is quite achievable.

Last edited by cool_dube : 14th June 2022 at 22:14.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 23:15   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
A battery consumption rate of 115-120 Wh/km is commendable indeed. I am certain that this was attained via very measured and disciplined driving, as well as nil / bare minimal usage of accessories like a/c, infotainment, etc. If one can sustain this driving pattern over long intervals of time (which I personally find to be very stressful), then a range of 320+ km on the Max and 220+ km on the regular Nexon EV is quite achievable.
Absolutely agree with you maintaining 120wh/km in indeed a stressful task. Just for the fun of it tried to drive very sedately this morning over a 24km drive with AC on. I was able to achieve 120wh/km but to regularly acheive that is something I am sure I'd never be able to do. Don't want to take away the fun of driving an EV just to extend range by a few more kms.

Also, I've realised the weather conditions play a massive role, since mornings it's cooler it's easy to acheive 120wh and noons even with sedatated driving it seems very difficult.

For the fence sitters I'd say that acheiving 300+ kms range out of EV max is doable absolutely without a doubt but don't be under the impression that you would be able to squeeze out that much everytime, if in case in a one off situation you'd want to squeeze out that much range because of a long trip where chargers are placed at a distance, thats a different thing, otherwise I'd suggest to just enjoy the driving pleasure of an EV and with respect to Nexon EV max keep it at the back of your mind that you'd have to charge every 200kms. As simple as that.
yashcosmos is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks