Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 21:23   #286
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
It has been 8 days since we got this beauty and here is the range we could get in Regen 2 mode when we charged it for 100% for the first time overnight from 40%.

Also when in ECO mode, if regen is set to Level 3 it shows 401 Kms too.
Wow, that's really good! Although is this based on the display or were you able to actually drive 300+ km with sufficient SoC remaining?
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:06   #287
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Thank you for this detailed review. I'm 99.99% inclined to go for an EV as our next car purchase early next year.
LaRoca is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:32   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
It has been 8 days since we got this beauty and here is the range we could get in Regen 2 mode when we charged it for 100% for the first time overnight from 40%.

Also when in ECO mode, if regen is set to Level 3 it shows 401 Kms too.
This is almost the range that the company is claiming . How has been your driving since the delivery, and were you able to extract the similar range shown?
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:40   #289

Anyone recently received their Nexon Max in Pune?
I have been following up with my dealer since the last 2 weeks regarding my delivery that was scheduled on 30th of June. They are now saying that their billing cycle from TaMo starts on 5th of July and only then they will be able to tell about their allotment schedule. No guarantee or timeline proposed even after the promised delivery date has been lapsed.
sai47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:12   #290
BHPian

Quick update, been using the EV max for a month now, completed 2000 kms. Took the car to workshop as well for the 1st general checkup between 1000 and 2000kms. Was not charged anything , they got the car cleaned did some brake checking, battery voltage check etc. Nothing worth any significance.

Luckily the journey so far has been very smooth, no issues yet apart from small ones like the iPhone not getting charged properly on wireless charger or the brake lights lit even after switching the car off if you turn the car off with the foot on brake. Apart from that no big issue that i can report here.

The driving pleasure just keeps increasing by the day, one thing worth mentioning is the change between the driving modes is real quick, like i was driving on eco mode once, had to quickly overtake another car, i just pressed the sport mode button, next second floored the car and i was literally out of sight. That one instance is something that cannot be expected from any other sub 20 lakh car. Also one special mention for the auto hold feature, it works flawless, have used it since day 1 and it's really a big boon in the max version.

Didn't take the car for any highway drive yet so won't comment on the highway range with cruise on but only once i have covered 233 kms from 100% SoC to 21% SoC in the span of 3 days. That's pure mumbai city driving with 40% highway drive on EEH and WEH. Tried fast charging the car once just out of curiosity at a 30KW Tata Fast charger located in phoenix Mall kurla. Was impressed with the speed, but it did take me 3 attempts to start charging, other than that been using slow 3.3kw charger only.

Never have I been a victim of range anxiety thanks to planning the total kms of driving i am going to be doing through a day and figuring out the charging requirements accordingly.

To conclude, for over a year i was a fence sitter with respect to Nexon since a few things weren't to my liking like the top speed being limited to 120kmph on the Nexon 1.0 (ev max is 140kmph), absence of cruise control, and of course lesser range. But after buying the EV max i am sure it was worth the wait and if you are a fence sitter as well then you can trust me when I say this, just go ahead and make that decision, this car won't disappoint you!
yashcosmos is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 20:56   #291

Took the delivery of my car today. Here I would like to share my experience of booking and delivery. Apology for the long post but I wanted to share the sweet salty experience I went thru this process.

In the first week of May, I thought of replacing one of my two cars, Grand I10 Asta petrol or Creta Diesel Automatic as both are 6-7 yrs. old.

At this moment the idea of switching to electric precipitated. Thanks to Team-bhp I had a fair idea about the electric vehicles and the options available. Leaving aside the other reasons for preferring Nexon EV over MG Zs and Hyundai Kona, the Nexon EV fitted more in my budget.

I called the Tata Customer care and in fifteen minutes received a call from Dealer A. The SA explained the variants of regular Nexon EV and their pricing. He requested me to come for the TD. Next morning, we went for the TD and had to wait for good 45 min to an hour as the SA was busy attending other customer. Finally, the wait was over and the TD vehicle was brought. It was a regular Nexon XZ+ variant. The interiors were not properly maintained and gave a shabby look. Did the TD. My first driving impression was good and got me inclined into getting one. However, my family had other idea. In their opinion it would be a downgrade from Creta in terms of size, space and comfort, that feeling being enhanced by the Grey Interiors and the lack of their upkeep. That put me also in two minds. The SA informed that there is a delivery period of 16 to 18 weeks and the Max variant was to be launched on 11 May which I was already aware of. He also told that the Max TD vehicle is in transit and will reach the dealership in a couple of days after the launch. We returned home a bit disappointed.

On 11 May I attended the launch event of Max live and booked XZ+ variant online immediately on the website being thrown open for booking. Mine would be one of the earliest online booked vehicles. I personally opted for dealer B as that was more convenient for me. I did the booking considering the delivery time and with a thought of taking a call on final purchase later. The SA from dealer B called me half an hour later and asked for the documents, which I provided and he sent me the payment receipt and the booking form that did not have any booking number or the queue position. I contacted Tata customer care to know this and was promptly asked to get in touch with the dealer for the same. The dealer was not transparent on this and kept repeating that it will take about 16 weeks without giving me any firm queue status.

Two days after the launch the SA from dealer A calls me again to inform that Max TD vehicle has arrived and I can do the TD. I asked him if he can come to my place which he agreed and was there at my doorstep. This was a brand new XZ+ Lux variant and had an opposite impression over the TD of regular Nexon EV that I did earlier. My family agreed to replace the Grand I10 in case we switch to Lux variant, only because of the beige interiors that gave a better sense of space.
In the meanwhile, I kept researching on user experiences, the issues they faced and how TML responded to it. That gave me the confidence that I can manage one and decided to go for it.

On 21st May I asked my SA to switch my booking to XZ+ Lux. Yes, I did opt for the 3.3 kw charger, even as I don't have the issue with the sanctioned load, my dedicated parking location is good 80 meters away from my meter box and there is a road in between. I have approached my Housing Society with a couple of options, the outcome is still awaited. So, the installation of charging box is on hold and I am going to manage the charging by parking nearer to my meter with an extension cord for now. Also 3.3 Kw charger should suffice for the regular city driving charging requirements. Fast charger is only helpful if you have back-to-back long drives, which happens rarely and one can always use the public fast chargers in that case.

In the meanwhile, I also did my loan paper work and got it sanctioned.

Here comes June 14. My SA calls me to inform that a vehicle has been allocated. I am not sure if it was done at the Tata Motors end as even a day prior to this the SA had maintained that it will take 16 weeks. He asked for the full margin money to enable DMS billing. I had no idea about the DMS billing and offered him to transfer 50K to commit myself for the delivery, to which he finally agreed and I transferred Rs 50k to the dealer’s account the next day. On June 16, he calls me again to ask for the balance margin money that I politely refused. On June 20, he messaged me that the vehicle will take another week to reach their stockyard. Next day he sent me the VIN, that gave me a bit sense of relief that the vehicle has actually been allotted. On 23 June I went to the bank to sign the loan docket and also visited the dealer. My SA was on leave that day and another individual showed me a excel sheet on his mobile that showed the VIN allocated against my name and the status as “In-transit” and current location as “Factory”. I also finalised the insurance with the dealer and opted for ICICI Lombard that cost me 55k.

On June 26 the SA calls me and tells me that he wanted to go ahead with the registration process as the RTO was supposed to suspend the registration of vehicles hypothecated to two major banks including the one, I opted for my loan. He wanted the disbursal of the loan and the margin money to initiate registration process. I was very reluctant to allow registration without PDI and more so for the vehicle that is still in transit. On enquiring about that status of the vehicle arrival, I was told that it will take another 3-4 days. I refused and told him that I was willing to wait for the restart of the registration by RTO.

On June 28 I was informed that the vehicle has reached the stockyard and was available for PDI. On enquiring about the suspended registration, he sheepishly replied “Ho Jayega Sir”. I went for the PDI the same day. In the stockyard more than 1k Tata vehicles were parked, out of which about 10-15 Nexon Evs of all variants were there. As I was little early than the SA, I zeroed in on my vehicle with the VIN provided and did the visual inspection. Once the SA came, did the PDI whatever I could as it was a very hot and humid day and we were sweating profusely. Gave my final go-ahead and transferred the balance margin money the next day and also instructed my bank for the loan disbursal. The delivery was supposed to happen on Friday the 1st July but the usual glitches at RTO server had pushed it to Sunday the 3rd.

Delivery was pretty normal. Zconnect app is yet to be activated. Basic accessory kit was offered complimentary so didn’t go for 3D/7D mats which I plan to upgrade later. Already notice a couple of issues that got overlooked during PDI.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20220703_170912.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20220703_170943.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20220703_170903.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20220703_171007.jpg  

mago is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:28   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Quick update, been using the EV max for a month now, completed 2000 kms. Took the car to workshop as well for the 1st general checkup between 1000 and 2000kms. Was not charged anything , they got the car cleaned did some brake checking, battery voltage check etc. Nothing worth any significance.
Thanks for the update. How was the service experience, do you feel the TAMO after sales for EV is any better from what we hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mago View Post
In the first week of May, I thought of replacing one of my two cars, Grand I10 Asta petrol or Creta Diesel Automatic as both are 6-7 yrs. old.
Thanks for the update. Even I am replacing my Grand i10 due to the service and the mileage issues. However I never faced any issues on any other aspects.

Also you mentioned couple of issues that you missed during PDI. Can you please elaborate as it will benefit others here.

Thanks!
Old 5th July 2022, 11:36   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Thanks for the update. How was the service experience, do you feel the TAMO after sales for EV is any better from what we hear.

!
The service experience was very simple, went in, handed the car over, reached at the time they asked me come for and the car was ready.
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:48   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Thanks for the update. Even I am replacing my Grand i10 due to the service and the mileage issues. However I never faced any issues on any other aspects.

Also you mentioned couple of issues that you missed during PDI. Can you please elaborate as it will benefit others here.

Thanks!
I could not check the electricals/electronics specially the switches. The issues I have noticed post delivery is 1.The charging socket lid doesn't open smoothly, need to pull the lever couple of time with force to disengage the lock. 2.Steering mounted volume up button doesn't work smoothly, need to press hard at a particular angle to function.
mago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:57   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I could not check the electricals/electronics specially the switches. The issues I have noticed post delivery is 1.The charging socket lid doesn't open smoothly, need to pull the lever couple of time with force to disengage the lock. 2.Steering mounted volume up button doesn't work smoothly, need to press hard at a particular angle to function.
That is really frustrating, I also observed during the test drive that the AC knobs feel very flimsy while rotating. But what you have mentioned seems like an issue rather than the cost cutting. Please see if you can get them corrected or replaced under warranty. Please update us if you get them cleared from TAMO.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:11   #296
BHPian

Quote:
I think I know what the issue is, there is a small rubber kind of thing inside the lid which opens it in a swing, that small rubber thing was missing in my lid as well due to which it didn't open up only on the 2nd day, the TaMo technician resolved the issue in less than 3 minutes, i guess TaMo forgot to put that small part in lots of EV max!
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:15   #297

The ZConnect app got activated yesterday night. Drove about 25 km to my office today. Unable to comprehend the figures shown for today in my driving behavior specially the distance covered
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220705120846.jpg  

mago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:44   #298
BHPian

Am I reading this right?! You booked in May and got delivery in July? Some of us have bookings since Feb and have no clarity yet

Quote:
Took the delivery of my car today. Here I would like to share my experience of booking and delivery. Apology for the long post but I wanted to share the sweet salty experience I went thru this process.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th July 2022 at 13:18. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 5th July 2022, 13:09   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Am I reading this right?! You booked in May and got delivery in July? Some of us have bookings since Feb and have no clarity yet
Yes. As I mentioned I had booked it online on the TAMO's website on 11th May, immediately after the launch event and the booking being thrown open. I was the among the early birds to book online and will not be surprised to know that I was the 1st one. Secondly I strongly believe that this allocation could have been done by TAMO itself as my SA had reiterated that it will take 16 weeks a day before.
mago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:21   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
My booking is with Key Motors, Bangalore, and today checked with the SA and I was told my booking is number 28th based on the date of booking (May 20th) and the revised estimate for billing is 18-22 weeks from the date of booking. Looks like its gonna be a while.

The other booking with Sree Gokulam Motors, Kochi which was done on June 3rd, not sure of the position. Fingers crossed on which booking would be ready first
Looks like I would be getting the vehicle soon from the dealer in Kerala. The SA had called last week saying there is chance for an early allocation of the variant I had chosen (XZ+ Lux, Intensi-Teal, 3.3 kW) as they had a vehicle being dispatched from the factory. I am guessing it was for some other customer who cancelled and I was probably next in line with the same variant at the specific showroom? The dealership has multiple showrooms across Kerala (6-8).

Anyway, he said its month end and they needed to do the billing by June 30th, and will get the confirmation of allotment only post that, didn't even share the vehicle VIN. However promptly on July 1st, he shared a screenshot from what appeared to be an excel file, with the vehicle details tagged to me. He said vehicle is in transit and it might take 7-10 days to reach here from Pune, post which he will initiate the registration process and try to get delivered without much delay. I made it clear that I need to do a PDI once the vehicle reaches here and I would release the loan amount only after that. I did transfer the downpayment amount ie (ex showroom + TCS - loan amount). I'll be registering the vehicle in KA, so would be getting a temp registration from KL and taking it to KA for permanent registration.

With regards to insurance, the original quote the SA shared is some 87k which is too high, he said he would share a slightly discounted rate soon. However he didn't have much of an issue in me taking insurance from outside. Quotes directly from the insurer are in the range of 41k-62k, haven't decided yet.

Another interesting thing is, I installed the Tata Motors Service Connect app, entered the VIN, used my mobile number to get the OTP and I could see the vehicle details already updated and tagged with my details. I also installed the Z Connect app, and that too seem to be already activated. Last sync is on June 23rd at the location of Tata Motors plant in Pune.

Today when I checked with the SA, said he will track the vehicle transit details and let me know soon approximately when the vehicle would arrive. I had also asked to share the price list and details of the accessories, but the SA in general seems a bit lazy and hasn't shared it yet.
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks