Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 12:57   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post

Once i recieve my car, and i have a charger on my way to my hometown with 50kW support, i will charge here and update to see if there is any difference between Bangalore and Mumbai.
Do we get a similar graph from any of the Tata connected apps while the vehicle is being charged? I've been having this thought in my head for sometime, as to how you'd verify the charge rate. Or is it displayed in the DC fast charger display interface (perhaps not a graph, but instantaneous charging rate)?

(Never attempted fast charging with an EV so don't have much of an idea on the data made available to us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjm View Post

So I am looking for advice on the following:
  1. Is booking with multiple dealers the right thing to do? Other than the opportunity to get cancelled bookings reassigned, would Tata motors prioritise delivery to some dealers over others?
I think so, I had made two bookings one in Bangalore and another in Kerala, and I got an allocation in Kerala first. Had made a more detailed post earlier. The dealer in Bangalore (Key Motors) is saying that they have not delivered a single vehicle since June 15 as my position in queue on last Friday is same as that on June 15. Also, I do not know on what basis the vehicle was allotted to me in Kerala, cause I know of at least one other person who had made an earlier booking with the same parent dealership (but different showroom) albeit a different colour.

The actual allocation seems like a black box, and I am not sure how much of a role Tata has in it or is it entirely controlled by dealers. But it certainly makes sense to have multiple bookings.

Last edited by varkey : 11th July 2022 at 13:08.
Old 11th July 2022, 13:52   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Do we get a similar graph from any of the Tata connected apps while the vehicle is being charged? I've been having this thought in my head for sometime, as to how you'd verify the charge rate. Or is it displayed in the DC fast charger display interface (perhaps not a graph, but instantaneous charging rate)?

(Never attempted fast charging with an EV so don't have much of an idea on the data made available to us)
Same here, I am unaware as I have never attempted the charging from the other apps yet.
Also as an additional point, i would recommend you order a Zeon Charging Smart Card. The issue with app only charging is that if the mobile loses internet connectivity, then seems the charging gets stopped. For now we are helpless on Tata Power chargers as they are yet to supply RFIDs. But you can order Zeon Charging one. I have already recieved mine and have linked it to the app.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:01   #318
BHPian

Nexon EV Max price increased by 60k, starting at Rs 18,34,000 now. Luckily mine was billed on June 30th, so I still get the old price. SA shared that the vehicle reached the yard this morning and is in the process of being unloaded.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexonmax1640x739.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-evmaxpricelist.png
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:26   #319

Quote:
Also, I do not know on what basis the vehicle was allotted to me in Kerala, cause I know of at least one other person who had made an earlier booking with the same parent dealership (but different showroom) albeit a different colour.
I booked the Intensi-teal. Any idea what the colour of the other person and yours were? Just trying to find if there is a method to the madness.
anandjm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:40   #320
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the Intensi-teal. Any idea what the colour of the other person and yours were? Just trying to find if there is a method to the madness.
His was white and I had booked Intensi Teal. The vehicle allotted to me is the exact same spec that I had booked, XZ+ Lux, 3.3 kW, Intensi-Teal.
Old 11th July 2022, 19:42   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nexon EV Max price increased by 60k, starting at Rs 18,34,000 now. Luckily mine was billed on June 30th, so I still get the old price. SA shared that the vehicle reached the yard this morning and is in the process of being unloaded.
This is a bad move by Tata Motors, I don't see much EV max delivered and already there is a price hike of 60K.
I booked it on the day of launch and I haven't yet heard from the dealer on the allotment and I am sure there will be price protection offered by Tata Motors.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 21:27   #322

Quote:
His was white and I had booked Intensi Teal. The vehicle allotted to me is the exact same spec that I had booked, XZ+ Lux, 3.3 kW, Intensi-Teal.
I was told the delivery time for XZ+ Lux, 3.3 kW, Intensi-Teal. was the least (12 weeks). Since I've booked the same variant, maybe I can also expect similar.
anandjm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 21:32   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This is a bad move by Tata Motors, I don't see much EV max delivered and already there is a price hike of 60K.
I booked it on the day of launch and I haven't yet heard from the dealer on the allotment and I am sure there will be price protection offered by Tata Motors.
Tata did announce price protections the previous times there were price hikes. Have they announced this time as well?
By any chance does this have anything to do with the 6 airbags requirement?
Old 11th July 2022, 21:36   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even i got the same details about my booking. Since it was invoiced I don't have to worry. But I feel there will be price protection and the new price will apply for new bookings.

On a side note, if anyone has budget to buy Fast Charger version even if you currently dont have the 3 phase or the necessary load and then plan to switch later, then go for it as I had my survey completed and they said that they can set the charging to 3.2kw and just a software change can be done at free of cost when we upgrade our connection to 7.2kw.
shamanths3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 03:19   #325
BHPian

I had posted on other Nexon EV thread regarding my interaction and booking of Nexon EV Max in May before it was announced on the condition that I should be the first queue. And the sales person agree to this condition and promised to deliver me the first from their dealership.

Now they have already billed one Max. When I confronted my contact point at Tata Mohali dealership, he told me that the car was billed to a person from Delhi who was known to Tata company personnel.

Not sure if the fact is correct. But I guess I can now put 2 + 2 after the price raise.

1. I wait longer

2. Plus I guess will be paying new price. What is the point of announcing a price of the car and then increasing it before the actual customers (people like me not having relatives or friends in Tata or their dealers) get their hands on it.

If Tata has special scheme for 'friends and family', they can always do that separately.

Why break the queue for regular customers.
wanderhermit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 08:29   #326
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, if anyone has budget to buy Fast Charger version even if you currently dont have the 3 phase or the necessary load and then plan to switch later, then go for it as I had my survey completed and they said that they can set the charging to 3.2kw and just a software change can be done at free of cost when we upgrade our connection to 7.2kw.
Also, for around the same price ie ~50K we could get a 7.2 kW AC charger from other vendors like ABB, EO etc, so even if you are getting the 3.3 kW variant of the Max from Tata, there seem to be other options if you do want to go for the 7.2 kW charger.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:12   #327

Quote:
I'm not sure if my math is wrong or maybe Tata just has a different math. They claimed that the price hike would be by a "weighted average increase" of 0.55%. But even assuming the topmost variant of the EV Max, at ₹60000 this is more of a 3% increase. So how does Tata's math work

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th July 2022 at 16:07. Reason: Fixed quote tag.
Old 12th July 2022, 15:31   #328
BHPian

Went for the PDI of my car today. Everything looked fine except near the co driver seat little bit of cloth was poking out. Showroom has said they will correct it.

I observed one more thing which I had not during my test drives. If we have put the Car in Park mode and then simply press the electronic park brake whether we had applied before or not, the vehicle goes to N mode as long as your foot is on the brake. This will come in very handy as we don't have to rotate the dial all the way from P to D instead just one small rotation from N to D. (Not sure if this is a new update or that I never noticed before).

The fast charger also comes along with the car itself which the showroom has to send to the Owners home. However I requested that I will carry it home myself and they gladly agreed.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220712_113501.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220712_113455.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220712_113423.jpg  

Last edited by shamanths3 : 12th July 2022 at 15:32.
shamanths3 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:35   #329
BHPian

Quote:
]

I'm not sure if my math is wrong or maybe Tata just has a different math. They claimed that the price hike would be by a "weighted average increase" of 0.55%. But even assuming the topmost variant of the EV Max, at ₹60000 this is more of a 3% increase. So how does Tata's math work
The 0.5% seems to be only for the Non Max variants. All the 4 Max variants have got flat 60000 price increase.
Old 12th July 2022, 15:54   #330

Quote:
The 0.5% seems to be only for the Non Max variants. All the 4 Max variants have got flat 60000 price increase.
Even the non max variants (except the xz+ dark) have got a price hike upwards of 2%

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12442832.html

Most Viewed